Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1661  
Old June 23rd 2018, 11:25 PM
DJR197 DJR197 is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 65
Default Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK (Please read FAQs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief View Post
Did she hit any of you
I didn’t understand the hitting. Well any of her really. Why she was spitting water everywhere like a rabid dog.
Reply With Quote
  #1662  
Old June 23rd 2018, 11:43 PM
02morrij's Avatar
02morrij 02morrij is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portsmouth UK
Posts: 1,924
Default Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK (Please read FAQs)

For me night 1 topped night 2.
Opinions?
__________________
Earls Court, 18th December 2005
Hyde Park, 17th June 2006
o2 Arena, 17th November 2007
Wembley Stadium, 6th June 2008
Wembley Stadium, 7th June 2008
Isle of Wight Festival, 11th June 2011
Milton Keynes Bowl, 2nd July 2011
Reading Festival, 26th August 2012
Glastonbury Festival, 26th June 2015
Milton Keynes Bowl, 6th September 2015
o2 Arena, 19th September 2017
London Stadium, 22nd June 2018
London Stadium, 23rd June 2018
Reply With Quote
  #1663  
Old June 23rd 2018, 11:55 PM
Johnson_Foo's Avatar
Johnson_Foo Johnson_Foo is offline
Right down the drain I go…
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: South of England
Posts: 320
Default Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK (Please read FAQs)

My mate got full on attacked by the starcrawler front woman Slaves were fucking incredible and I was moshing alone on the barrier - that setlist from them was incredible and full of some old rarities.

Foos, wow, not quite at the O2 level but wow wow wow, shame about the organisation of the entrance
Reply With Quote
  #1664  
Old June 24th 2018, 12:10 AM
O.B.gene's Avatar
O.B.gene O.B.gene is offline
How Do You Do
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Southend, Essex
Posts: 25,556
Default Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK (Please read FAQs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02morrij View Post
For me night 1 topped night 2.
Opinions?
Opposite for me. So much fun Night 2 (maybe it was my position, away from the barrier area tonight and dancing/‘moshing with everyone towards back of pit?) almost identical set + performance from the band but I had much enjoyed Night 2 more. Sorry
__________________
"Just because you have the ability to post, doesn't mean you always should." Jill (2015)

Admin @FooFightersUK
Reply With Quote
  #1665  
Old June 24th 2018, 12:26 AM
wol's Avatar
wol wol is offline
Normal
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Here.
Posts: 8,968
Default Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK (Please read FAQs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
Opposite for me. So much fun Night 2 (maybe it was my position, away from the barrier area tonight and dancing/‘moshing with everyone towards back of pit?) almost identical set + performance from the band but I had much enjoyed Night 2 more. Sorry
And maybe because you got to hang out with me?
__________________
I don't even have any good skills.
Reply With Quote
  #1666  
Old June 24th 2018, 12:53 AM
02morrij's Avatar
02morrij 02morrij is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portsmouth UK
Posts: 1,924
Default Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK (Please read FAQs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
Opposite for me. So much fun Night 2 (maybe it was my position, away from the barrier area tonight and dancing/‘moshing with everyone towards back of pit?) almost identical set + performance from the band but I had much enjoyed Night 2 more. Sorry
We may have been dancing together! An amazing two nights
__________________
Earls Court, 18th December 2005
Hyde Park, 17th June 2006
o2 Arena, 17th November 2007
Wembley Stadium, 6th June 2008
Wembley Stadium, 7th June 2008
Isle of Wight Festival, 11th June 2011
Milton Keynes Bowl, 2nd July 2011
Reading Festival, 26th August 2012
Glastonbury Festival, 26th June 2015
Milton Keynes Bowl, 6th September 2015
o2 Arena, 19th September 2017
London Stadium, 22nd June 2018
London Stadium, 23rd June 2018
Reply With Quote
  #1667  
Old June 24th 2018, 01:45 AM
mischief's Avatar
mischief mischief is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: berkshire
Posts: 148
Default Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK (Please read FAQs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR197 View Post
Is it just me who thought the Kills were very boring. I couldn’t wait for them to finish.

Starcrawler whilst very strange, I preferred. Just that lead singer was very ‘dramatic’.

Slaves were the best support act.

Oh and I had an annoying couple of people by me. They pushed in to the gap next to me then kept pushing me all gig. At one point this guy tried to force me out with his arm. I had barely any space to jump about it even just to stand. I asked him to move. He did nothing. If they had not pushed in, fair enough, but to push in and give me zero personal space.
Slaves were my favourite, that's crap about space stealers
Reply With Quote
  #1668  
Old June 24th 2018, 04:46 AM
lharris92 lharris92 is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: england
Posts: 1,823
Default Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK (Please read FAQs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wol View Post
Sorry lovely, as you already know we didn't see this on time. Did you manage to get what you wanted?
Got the tee, and another one... and the poster & a glass so yes I did thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief View Post
I brought my mate to her first concert so bit of a thrown in to the deep end moment lol
The other side of the pit (outside of it) was mental, great fun.

Got to admit I enjoyed night 2's set so much more - was better not having all the extended jams like they did Friday.

Being the other side of the pit I enjoyed it more than I thought I would - crowd around us was really good, and thankfully only cold liquid was hitting us

Also on another note, am I the only one thinking that there could be a potential release from that - the only change to the setlist from one day to the next was La Dee Da being put in, and TLT not being played (and all being in the same order as well). Only time will tell I guess.

Got home again within 45 minutes, so not bad at all.

Hope all had fun, was good to say hi to you all again.

Edit: oh also, from both nights, the perfect supports for me would have been Slaves, then Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes into the foos.
__________________
Wembley Stadium, 6th June 2008
Milton Keynes, 2nd July 2011
Reading Festival, 26th August 2012
House of Vans, 11th September 2014
Islington Assembly Hall, 12th September 2014
Invictus Games, 14th September 2014
Wembley Stadium, 20th June 2015
o2 Arena, 19th September 2017
London Stadium, 22nd & 23rd June 2018
Future: Pula?
Reply With Quote
  #1669  
Old June 24th 2018, 05:39 AM
Carlo Carlo is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9
Default Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK (Please read FAQs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02morrij View Post
For me night 1 topped night 2.
Opinions?
The atmosphere and crowd WAY better than Friday. I am tired of all the covers and drum solos. WTF does a band like the Foo Fighters play some of the shit stuff in the middle of the set list?They could fit in at least 3 of their own songs e.g TLT, Aurora.Let it Die. Maybe folks prefer You’re the one that I want? Does my head in!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #1670  
Old June 24th 2018, 07:07 AM
mischief's Avatar
mischief mischief is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: berkshire
Posts: 148
Default Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK (Please read FAQs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson_Foo View Post
My mate got full on attacked by the starcrawler front woman
I would have had to hit her lol or found a priest to exorcise her, I know her act died on stage but the continuously strangerling herself was odd.
I feel for the other band members as with a different vocalist they would be so much better
Reply With Quote
  #1671  
Old June 24th 2018, 07:09 AM
mischief's Avatar
mischief mischief is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: berkshire
Posts: 148
Default Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK (Please read FAQs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR197 View Post
I didn’t understand the hitting. Well any of her really. Why she was spitting water everywhere like a rabid dog.
I live near broodmoor I will check if they are missing anyone
Reply With Quote
  #1672  
Old June 24th 2018, 07:54 AM
mischief's Avatar
mischief mischief is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: berkshire
Posts: 148
Default Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK (Please read FAQs)

It definitely makes me laugh that I caught the stampede, I definitely felt like a pissed David Attenborough 😂
Reply With Quote
  #1673  
Old June 24th 2018, 08:11 AM
wol's Avatar
wol wol is offline
Normal
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Here.
Posts: 8,968
Default Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK (Please read FAQs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharris92 View Post
Got the tee, and another one... and the poster & a glass so yes I did thanks.
Oh good
__________________
I don't even have any good skills.
Reply With Quote
  #1674  
Old June 24th 2018, 08:17 AM
sunshinewelly sunshinewelly is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 62
Default Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK (Please read FAQs)

We queued at j. The organisation was pretty poor. I laughed when the stewards attempts to get everyone to slowly walk along the stadium floor in a line fell apart and the centre folk broke free.

I don't think it was known by most people that you could get golden tickets as my mate who arrived at the bridge at around 3.00 was still able to get a golden circle band. He had asked the stewards about then and they knew nothing. I told him to come to the left side as it was still pretty empty and he got in. The only downside was 3 guys who came in just before the foos hit the stage without bands and stood in front of some girls in front of me blocking their view. I did ask them what they were playing at and asked them to move but no one else would say anything and as I was with my daughter did not want to make a scene. They must have been friends of one of the stewards. Great night though. Loved it

Cheers to everybody yesterday who posted the tips about the golden circle
Reply With Quote
  #1675  
Old June 24th 2018, 08:23 AM
Johnson_Foo's Avatar
Johnson_Foo Johnson_Foo is offline
Right down the drain I go…
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: South of England
Posts: 320
Default Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK (Please read FAQs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief View Post
I would have had to hit her lol or found a priest to exorcise her, I know her act died on stage but the continuously strangerling herself was odd.
I feel for the other band members as with a different vocalist they would be so much better
He pretty much did, she clawed at his face. Covered us and others in red paint too, luckily Slaves cheered us up
Reply With Quote
  #1676  
Old June 24th 2018, 08:25 AM
Johnson_Foo's Avatar
Johnson_Foo Johnson_Foo is offline
Right down the drain I go…
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: South of England
Posts: 320
Default Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK (Please read FAQs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinewelly View Post
We queued at j. The organisation was pretty poor. I laughed when the stewards attempts to get everyone to slowly walk along the stadium floor in a line fell apart and the centre folk broke free.

I don't think it was known by most people that you could get golden tickets as my mate who arrived at the bridge at around 3.00 was still able to get a golden circle band. He had asked the stewards about then and they knew nothing. I told him to come to the left side as it was still pretty empty and he got in. The only downside was 3 guys who came in just before the foos hit the stage without bands and stood in front of some girls in front of me blocking their view. I did ask them what they were playing at and asked them to move but no one else would say anything and as I was with my daughter did not want to make a scene. They must have been friends of one of the stewards. Great night though. Loved it

Cheers to everybody yesterday who posted the tips about the golden circle
J was a mess, that is hands down the worst organisation I’ve seen at a gig
Reply With Quote
  #1677  
Old June 24th 2018, 08:27 AM
02morrij's Avatar
02morrij 02morrij is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portsmouth UK
Posts: 1,924
Default Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK (Please read FAQs)

A special weekend.
Now time to decompress and dream of them coming back.
__________________
Earls Court, 18th December 2005
Hyde Park, 17th June 2006
o2 Arena, 17th November 2007
Wembley Stadium, 6th June 2008
Wembley Stadium, 7th June 2008
Isle of Wight Festival, 11th June 2011
Milton Keynes Bowl, 2nd July 2011
Reading Festival, 26th August 2012
Glastonbury Festival, 26th June 2015
Milton Keynes Bowl, 6th September 2015
o2 Arena, 19th September 2017
London Stadium, 22nd June 2018
London Stadium, 23rd June 2018
Reply With Quote
  #1678  
Old June 24th 2018, 08:47 AM
FrenchEnemies's Avatar
FrenchEnemies FrenchEnemies is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: the EU
Posts: 352
Default Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK (Please read FAQs)

Well, parking at Stratford was a mistake - it was almost 1am by the time we got out of there, back home at 3am. It was a short night...

Was super fun though. We had awesome seats and were also allowed to come in and out of the standing area, so I got to dance my little butt off too. Thank god, because it turns out even awesome seats suck in terms of atmosphere. Never again.

To answer a question above, I thought it was kind of obvious that they were trying to protect Dave's voice. There were a couple of segments where between the jams, the solos, Taylor singing and covers, he wasn't doing any singing for a long time. I enjoyed it all tbh, so really don't have a problem with it.

Last edited by FrenchEnemies : June 24th 2018 at 08:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #1679  
Old June 24th 2018, 08:55 AM
scottish_foo scottish_foo is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Posts: 1,821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR197 View Post
Is it just me who thought the Kills were very boring. I couldn’t wait for them to finish.

Starcrawler whilst very strange, I preferred. Just that lead singer was very ‘dramatic’.

Slaves were the best support act.

Oh and I had an annoying couple of people by me. They pushed in to the gap next to me then kept pushing me all gig. At one point this guy tried to force me out with his arm. I had barely any space to jump about it even just to stand. I asked him to move. He did nothing. If they had not pushed in, fair enough, but to push in and give me zero personal space.
Starcrawler were bizarre. Her over-acting became tiresome and wasn't original - the fake blood in the mouth is something Gene Simmons has done for 40 years, and her facial expressions were copied from Alice Cooper.

We had pit wristbands but sat in the unreserved seating for the supports on day 2.

Slaves impressed me. Sounded very much like The Clash. I will check out their music now.

My brother liked Frank Carter. I loved Wolf Alice.

The Kills got slated last year for their Guns N Roses support in London. They just didn't connect with the crowd yesterday either.
Reply With Quote
  #1680  
Old June 24th 2018, 09:15 AM
mischief's Avatar
mischief mischief is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: berkshire
Posts: 148
Default Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK (Please read FAQs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson_Foo View Post
He pretty much did, she clawed at his face. Covered us and others in red paint too, luckily Slaves cheered us up
Slaves made me laugh when he copied her for a second,
What a bitch she is
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.