Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Frequent Post Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 24th 2007, 12:01 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Thumbs down Foo & HIV ignorance

The Foo Fighters are more like Foo Biters in their knowledge (lack) of HIV and their support for people like Christine M, whose child died from AIDS.
I am HIV positive & I believed the bull about the HIV lie & HIV does not cause AIDS etc. I was sooo happy to think I didn't really have it, of course. The denial was so strong it blinded me to the fact that my immune system was taking a beating from the HIV (I took no drugs, legal or not, nor alcohol, ate well, slept good, did yoga, meditation, vitamins, relaxation etc etc)
Finally I ended up in hospital - the virus was at very high levels and my T- cells very low. The doctors recommended hiv medications - SHOCK!! I didn't want to take them, AIDS Denialists told me they kill you, or make you sick. But I was on the edge so I did take them & GUESS WHAT?? 5 years later I am alive & well, fighting fit, work full time, eat well, shit great, clear skin, thick hair, hot bod. No side effects. Oh & the virus is undetectable in my blood & my T cells are rockin'.............go figure.
A word to you all - check the FACTS before you believe anything. Personally, I go on my own experience & that of 1000s of others. The fact remains that deaths from HIV decrease massively when people get effective treatment.
And DO use condoms, The Foo are good at music but have no medical credibility whatsoever. If I hadn't taken those drugs in hospital I probably would be 6 feet under by now, and that has actually happened to people more stubborn & frightened than me.
AIDS denialists have blood on their hands! Wake up & think for yourselves!!
Old August 24th 2007, 12:05 AM
In too deep

Default Re: Foo & HIV ignorance

Jared has Aides.
Old August 24th 2007, 12:09 AM
Never knowing who to believe

it's not like they gave you HIV. you don't have to agree with a band's politics to like their music. just because they endorse certain things doesn't mean their fans do, and it doesn't mean we should scrutinize them for their belief system.

if you're listening to rock stars on where to get your beliefs, you're worse than they are.

|<3 JC|
Old August 24th 2007, 12:13 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres39t View Post

Either I'm not getting a pun that you're intending or you just spelled AIDS wrong?!
That's a reference for South Park fans only.
Old August 24th 2007, 12:14 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

The band has been distancing themselves from the Alive & Well cause for a while since they first endorsed it. It is mainly a thing Nate supports. I completely disagree with it though, people need to get treatment not be in denial.
Old August 24th 2007, 12:48 AM
Always watching, always FUCKING WATCHING

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres39t View Post

Either I'm not getting a pun that you're intending or you just spelled AIDS wrong?!
you spelled seriously wrong earlier.

haha. "seriosuly."

10.26.02 - Bridge School Benefit
04.18.03 - Los Angeles
10.28.05 - Oakland
07.14.06 - Berkeley
09.02.06 - Santa Barbara
02.02.08 - Oakland
03.06.08 - Inglewood
06.05.11 - 2011 MTV Movie Awards
02.12.12 - 54th Grammy Awards
01.31.13 - Sound City Players
01.10.15 - Dave's Birthday Bash
05.28.17 - BottleRock Festival
10.07.17 - CalJam '17
10.31.17 - Jimmy Kimmel Live!
12.02.17 - Sacramento
08.26.18 - CalJam Pop-Up
09.12.18 - San Jose
10.06.18 - CalJam '18
Old August 24th 2007, 12:57 AM
Have you found your way around

everyone had AIDS!!

AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS!

I've been working like a Japanese prisoner of war. But a happy one.
Old August 24th 2007, 01:13 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnebago85 View Post
I appreciate your stance on the subject, and I am sorry for your personal issues and wish you better health.

I have no idea though why you have taken the opportunity to criticise this band in such a negative light. If your criticism is based on a general judgement towards the attitude of rock bands and their members in the 'rock and roll' lifestyle, well you really did pick the wrong band to take a stance against. By all means, you can direct your feelings towards any one of a number of hard rock or hair metal bands who openly boast their love of womanizing, but you came to the wrong place.

Good luck.
I think you totally missed the point. The original poster was addressing Nate's involvement with an AIDS denial organization.
Old August 24th 2007, 01:43 AM

Just because they haven't done a huge festival for HIV/AIDS awareness doesn't mean they have no knowledge of the subject, nor does that say they don't give a fuck. I could have made a thread about them not caring about me when I had my big ass tumor, but I didn't. Shit happens all the time. They can't just go touring around for every cause on the planet.

Nate, by the way, is very passionate about this subject. He's tried to spread awareness. Apparently, you just never heard about it.

Last edited by Frayed Around The Ends : August 24th 2007 at 01:47 AM.
Old August 24th 2007, 01:54 AM
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjo View Post
The Foo Fighters are more like Foo Biters in their knowledge (lack) of HIV and their support for people like Christine M, whose child died from AIDS.
I am HIV positive & I believed the bull about the HIV lie & HIV does not cause AIDS etc. I was sooo happy to think I didn't really have it, of course. The denial was so strong it blinded me to the fact that my immune system was taking a beating from the HIV (I took no drugs, legal or not, nor alcohol, ate well, slept good, did yoga, meditation, vitamins, relaxation etc etc)
Finally I ended up in hospital - the virus was at very high levels and my T- cells very low. The doctors recommended hiv medications - SHOCK!! I didn't want to take them, AIDS Denialists told me they kill you, or make you sick. But I was on the edge so I did take them & GUESS WHAT?? 5 years later I am alive & well, fighting fit, work full time, eat well, shit great, clear skin, thick hair, hot bod. No side effects. Oh & the virus is undetectable in my blood & my T cells are rockin'.............go figure.
A word to you all - check the FACTS before you believe anything. Personally, I go on my own experience & that of 1000s of others. The fact remains that deaths from HIV decrease massively when people get effective treatment.
And DO use condoms, The Foo are good at music but have no medical credibility whatsoever. If I hadn't taken those drugs in hospital I probably would be 6 feet under by now, and that has actually happened to people more stubborn & frightened than me.
Truthfully, I have not seen them promote Alive and Well since it was originally put on the There is Nothing Left to Lose website. Nate was very involved at one point but I have seen nothing in 7 years here to promote it.

It was the one sticking point I had with the band because I too, think it's a crock of shit.

I have had close family friends lose two brothers and her son from AIDS. It's a horrific epidemic and people should be smart about how they chose to get treated.

That said, I don't think you need to be quite as angry as you are at the band. I would save the anger towards Christine M. and the bullshit she spreads about AIDS and HIV.

To you losers that want to joke about this subject, get the fuck out of this thread and go to Foo Free. Have some respect and compassion.

Assholes.

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old August 24th 2007, 01:55 AM
Grave Rohl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayed Around The Ends View Post

Nate, by the way, is very passionate about this subject. He's tried to spread awareness. Apparently, you just never heard about it.
Apparently, you misunderstood. Nate actually supported AIDS denial organisations. I believe thats what this thread is based on. Even though the band hasn't accosiated themselves for years.
Old August 24th 2007, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock'n'grohl View Post
Apparently, you misunderstood. Nate actually supported AIDS denial organisations. I believe thats what this thread is based on. Even though the band hasn't accosiated themselves for years.
Leave it to me to misunderstand.
Old August 24th 2007, 02:45 AM
I'll Stick Around

you guys notice that it was that guys first post and that it could just be another one of those spam like posts, could be the same thing on the metallica boards or something
Old August 24th 2007, 02:59 AM
Grave Rohl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargfighter View Post
you guys notice that it was that guys first post and that it could just be another one of those spam like posts, could be the same thing on the metallica boards or something
It may be their first post, but i don't think its an auto spam.
I think they just came across an old article about Nate supporting all those organisations, and got angry.
Old August 24th 2007, 04:12 AM

Quote:
The Foo are good at music but have no medical credibility whatsoever. AIDS denialists have blood on their hands! Wake up & think for yourselves!!

Exactly, the foos are NOT doctors so why are you pissed at them?
Sorry you're sick i don't know much about HIV and AIDS, just what was taught in High School.
But don't blame the foo's for other people's beliefs. Even IF they do believe in what you claim, that does not give you any reason to be pissed, every person is entitled to their opinion, which is what makes our world so fucking complicated.
have a nice day

"I'll never be your monkey wrench"

"I'm looking to the sky to save me"

"Keep me alive and give me something to lose"

"I don't feel you anymore"

"The more I give the less I get"
Old August 24th 2007, 04:42 AM
Have you found your way around

They still support Alive and Well

Scroll Halfway down you will find it.

On one hand I think the Foo Fighters are irresponsible for supporting this organisation but on the other you really shouldn't be looking to rock stars for guidance
Old August 24th 2007, 04:54 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer_nut View Post
They still support Alive and Well

Scroll Halfway down you will find it.

On one hand I think the Foo Fighters are irresponsible for supporting this organisation but on the other you really shouldn't be looking to rock stars for guidance
That's quite a list. I think everything on that list is stupid, but I don't listen to Foo for their stances on politics or AIDS. I think it's silly that they think their opinion matters, but it's their choice if they wanna throw that out there. You don't have to agree with them or even like it to enjoy the music.

Hell, I love Rage even though I think most of their lyrics and causes are ridiculous. At least they're passionate about stuff and it comes across in the music. I'm sure it's the same with FF.
Old August 24th 2007, 05:37 AM
Never knowing who to believe

They can support whatever they want. It doesn't mean jack shit in the long run, expect that that's what they believe.

|<3 JC|
Old August 24th 2007, 05:49 AM

What's the Foos stand on amputees?

C:\My Documents\My Pictures\the D and dave.jpg
Old August 24th 2007, 06:15 AM
Cause everyone's just too weird

Quote:
Sorry to hear that, i'm glad that you are now able to live a good life i never heard about people that say stuff like the drugs kill you, i don't know why they would have a foot to stand on with that as drugs are almost always rigourously tested! But i'm glad you chose not to beleive their bullshit!

Velcro, What a rip off.