Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 25th 2010, 01:17 PM
I'll Stick Around

Post Kerrang: Foo Fighters to start work on new album later this year

"According to drummer Taylor Hawkins, the Foo Fighters will regroup later this year to start work on the follow up to 2007's Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace.

Hawkins, who is currently putting the finishing touches to the second album by his side project, Taylor Hawkins And The Coattail Riders, told Rock Radio:

"We'll find time to sit down and start planning the next album. The aim is to get a really solid basis for it."

Taylor Hawkins And The Coattail Riders – which also features Foos frontman Dave Grohl - will release their new album, Red Light Fever, in April."

http://www2.kerrang.com/2010/02/foo_...t_work_on.html

i'm not sure where kerrang got that that was happening later this year though cos it's not included with his quote...

16 jun 2006 camden underworld
17 jun 2006 hyde park
19 aug 2007 v festival weston park
18 nov 2007 o2 arena
07 jun 2008 wembley stadium
29 aug 2009 reading festival [tcv]
10 dec 2009 plymouth pavilions [tcv]
25 feb 2011 wembley arena
26 feb 2011 dingwalls
02 jul 2011 milton keynes
11 sep 2014 house of vans
Old February 25th 2010, 01:37 PM
A star burned out

Default Re: Kerrang: Foo Fighters to start work on new album later this year

well, that makes 2 out of 4 foos. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03DyuVi4LDg

we should really expect them to start working later this year.
• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •
Old February 25th 2010, 03:29 PM
How Do You Do

Dave isn't actually in Coattail Riders, he just played on the new album. right?

Admin @FooFightersUK
Old February 25th 2010, 03:51 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
Dave isn't actually in Coattail Riders, he just played on the new album. right?
Right.
Old February 25th 2010, 03:58 PM
A star burned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
Can we trust Kerrang? They write bullshit sometimes.
if you click on the youtube link you'll see Chris saying just that. it can't be coincidence.
• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •
Old February 25th 2010, 04:05 PM
Have you found your way around

Sounds like dirty bullshit.

I'll believe it when it happens.
Old February 25th 2010, 04:25 PM
How Do You Do

Thumbs up Re: Kerrang: Foo Fighters to start work on new album later this year

let's just see how things go. try not to be too cynical, if it happens, it happens. we've got other side projects to enjoy in the mean time.

Admin @FooFightersUK
Old February 25th 2010, 04:27 PM
I'm a Muggle Fuggin' Wizard

My prediction they will start knocking around ideas probably record early 2011 and have it mixed and released for fall 2011.
Old February 25th 2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Give A Fook View Post
But it's there coming straight outta Chris' mouth. I seem to remember Dave saying something similar somewhere as well.
Yeah but it's all up to Dave, and we know what he's like, i'm just going to wait untill we hear they've officially started work on it. Taylor said they would start work on the new album sometime after Echoes if I remember rightly.
Old February 25th 2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNESS View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03DyuVi4LDg

we should really expect them to start working later this year.
Like jshizzle says, only the official news will give a definite answer.

So, Chris is making a solo album? That's cool. Or do they mean the Chris Shiflett and the Dead Peasants thing? I'm confused now.

Milton Keynes II 2011 | Pukkelpop 2011 | Rock en Seine 2011 | Villa Manin 2012 | Pukkelpop 2012 | Reading 2012 | The Forum 2013 (SCP) | Wembley Stadium II
Milton Keynes I 2015 | Köhln 2015 | Rock Werchter 2017 | AccorHotels Arena Paris 2017 | NOS Alive 2017 | Sportpaleis Antwerp 2018 | Olympic Stadium II 2018

Last edited by Jamilia : February 25th 2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old February 25th 2010, 05:53 PM
A star burned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamilia View Post
Like jshizzle says, only the official news will give a definite answer.

So, Chris is making a solo album? That's cool. Or do they mean the Chris Shiflett and the Dead Peasants thing? I'm confused now.
I'm not presenting this as official news, but trustable news as it was said by a band member, or two counting with taylor. this gives me hope, but I will only celebrate when dave officially says it.

that's why the postboard exists, so we can share bits of news to think positive until we receive the ultimate confirmation.

you guys tend to overreact at those bits of news as if we shouldn't share just because it isn't official, if we should shut our mouth about these things, then why having a postboard altogether?
Old February 25th 2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
I'm not presenting this as official news, but trustable news as it was said by a band member, or two counting with taylor. this gives me hope, but I will only celebrate when dave officially says it.

that's why the postboard exists, so we can share bits of news to think positive until we receive the ultimate confirmation.

you guys tend to overreact at those bits of news as if we shouldn't share just because it isn't official, if we should shut our mouth about these things, then why having a postboard altogether?
Dude, chill. No one is overreacting. No ones telling anyone to shut their mouths. It's just, if we took everything the band said about the new album seriously, then we'd have been gravely disappointed last year when Taylor said that they would be getting serious about the album that summer.
Old February 25th 2010, 06:09 PM
A star burned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshizzleX6661 View Post
Dude, chill. No one is overreacting. No ones telling anyone to shut their mouths. It's just, if we took everything the band said about the new album seriously, then we'd have been gravely disappointed last year when Taylor said that they would be getting serious about the album that summer.
yeah, but everytime this kind of news hits someone HAS to say "only the official news will give a definite answer.", like...I KNOW! why can't we share this, say like "hope it happens" and then continue with our lives? it sucks that you get excited with some possibilities for someone to throw a cold shower EVERYfucking time.

it's like moderating exactly what the board is about. just ridiculous.
Old February 25th 2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
yeah, but everytime this kind of news hits someone HAS to say "only the official news will give a definite answer.", like...I KNOW! why can't we share this, say like "hope it happens" and then continue with our lives? it sucks that you get excited with some possibilities for someone to throw a cold shower EVERYfucking time.

it's like moderating exactly what the board is about. just ridiculous.
It's been shared, chill, it goes without saying that everyone hopes it will be true.

But a cold shower is better than a big disappointment, trust me, i've had too many with this band when it comes to them getting ahead of themselves and saying things like this.

I just don't like getting excited for something i'm not sure will happen, that's all, and I think most people here feel the same, so it's best to KNOW what's going on with them.
Old February 25th 2010, 07:04 PM
I'll Stick Around

It's like they jinx the release date every time they mention a new album...
Old February 25th 2010, 07:28 PM
There's something out there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshizzleX6661 View Post
It's been shared, chill, it goes without saying that everyone hopes it will be true.

But a cold shower is better than a big disappointment, trust me, i've had too many with this band when it comes to them getting ahead of themselves and saying things like this.

I just don't like getting excited for something i'm not sure will happen, that's all, and I think most people here feel the same, so it's best to KNOW what's going on with them.
I think it's safe to be cautiously optimistic, while I think Dave's been careful about giving a specific timeframe, he said in this interview, that he knows when they're going to go back into the studio. He obviously has a history of overstating stuff, but I think it's possible he gave them a tentative "keep your schedules open" or something for around the end of the year, which is why it's getting repeated, of course even if that is the case, it could always change.

BTW, in Taylor's defense, they did end up recording two songs sometime around last summer, maybe he just had his facts crossed
Old February 25th 2010, 09:11 PM

Quote:

We're not overreacting at all, mate. I think it's great news. The fact that both Taylor and Chris confirmed it, gives me hope too. And I have nothing against discussing this topic and speculating about it on the board.
However, I'm a person who likes to wait to see which way the cat jumps - if you know what I mean. Because people can easily say something without being sure of it. I know, two members say the same thing... but still.
Let's say I'm going woohoo right now, but I'll go WOOHOO! when it's official. And that's approximately the same thing you said. So, we're not overreacting at all

Milton Keynes II 2011 | Pukkelpop 2011 | Rock en Seine 2011 | Villa Manin 2012 | Pukkelpop 2012 | Reading 2012 | The Forum 2013 (SCP) | Wembley Stadium II
Milton Keynes I 2015 | Köhln 2015 | Rock Werchter 2017 | AccorHotels Arena Paris 2017 | NOS Alive 2017 | Sportpaleis Antwerp 2018 | Olympic Stadium II 2018
Old February 25th 2010, 09:31 PM
Banned

this gives me a little bit of hope, but since Dave is working with TCV and oh has said they'd be releasing a new album this year, i doubt it'll happen. besides, everyone is working on a side project, so it is very unlikely.
Old February 25th 2010, 09:51 PM
How Do You Do

it's likely.

it's likely they'll be doing as they've said...start planning a new album...writing the basics for song structures etc...

new album out mid/late 2011.

Admin @FooFightersUK
Old February 25th 2010, 10:22 PM
Lets sing a song of life and joy with us

a new album would be very nice, but what happened to the break that they were supposed to take.

Pat Smear is actually an android. During one memorable show in England he short circuited, electrocuting Dave whose hair then caught fire

Chris: "You guys, I couldn't hear myself out there."
Dave: "We all heard ya, man."
Taylor: "Yeah, we heard you just fine."
Chris: "Oh. Well, ok..."