Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 25th 2010, 10:29 PM
Have you found your way around

Default Re: Kerrang: Foo Fighters to start work on new album later this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmanjs View Post
a new album would be very nice, but what happened to the break that they were supposed to take.
If it does come out next year then that is double the usual time it takes them to bring the next album out. While not a very long time, is still quite a while to not release a new album for a band as hard working as Foos.
Old February 25th 2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
it's likely they'll be doing as they've said...start planning a new album...writing the basics for song structures etc...
Exactly.

"Start working on a new album" probably means "starting rehearsals, making demos, figuring out a producer" etc etc.. There´s a lot of work to be done until an album is being actually recorded.

My guess is that there´s going to be a new FF album in the fall of 2011 the earliest.
Old February 25th 2010, 11:06 PM
Shaking like the thunder Sinking under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
"According to drummer Taylor Hawkins, the Foo Fighters will regroup later this year to start work on the follow up to 2007's Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace.

Hawkins, who is currently putting the finishing touches to the second album by his side project, Taylor Hawkins And The Coattail Riders, told Rock Radio:

"We'll find time to sit down and start planning the next album. The aim is to get a really solid basis for it."

Taylor Hawkins And The Coattail Riders – which also features Foos frontman Dave Grohl - will release their new album, Red Light Fever, in April."

http://www2.kerrang.com/2010/02/foo_...t_work_on.html

i'm not sure where kerrang got that that was happening later this year though cos it's not included with his quote...
xx
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Mark Twain
Old February 25th 2010, 11:31 PM
How Do You Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo3001 View Post
Exactly.

"Start working on a new album" probably means "starting rehearsals, making demos, figuring out a producer" etc etc.. There´s a lot of work to be done until an album is being actually recorded.

My guess is that there´s going to be a new FF album in the fall of 2011 the earliest.
there's many stages before even a producer is considered...before rehearsal time is booked etc....the writing process takes times, Dave will write songe alone as well as jam and come up with new ideas with the rest of the band. it will take time.

decent songs worth keeping take time to come up with. considering we've got a new 'Them Crooked Vultures' album/tour to get through, Coattail Riders album/tour, SDRE tour, Shiflett tour...all these 'distractions' away from Foo (all good things) ....it'll be a while, I'm sure, before they even GET to a stage where they'll be thinking of hiring the right producer, organising a promotional strategy, booking tour dates, the inevidatable UK summer festivals/shows, tv appearances, US tour, international tour....

...there's so much to think about, so much more than the average consumer even considers. sounds patronising maybe, but it's a lot of work.

Admin @FooFightersUK
Old February 25th 2010, 11:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post

it's likely they'll be doing as they've said...start planning a new album...writing the basics for song structures etc...

new album out mid/late 2011.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo3001 View Post
Exactly.

exactly. which is why, if taylor is right, i'd expect it to come out late 2011/early 2012. but i didn't expect them to do anything Foo related until 2012. guess i was wrong.
Old February 26th 2010, 02:56 AM
A star burned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshizzleX6661 View Post
It's been shared, chill, it goes without saying that everyone hopes it will be true.

But a cold shower is better than a big disappointment, trust me, i've had too many with this band when it comes to them getting ahead of themselves and saying things like this.

I just don't like getting excited for something i'm not sure will happen, that's all, and I think most people here feel the same, so it's best to KNOW what's going on with them.
All I'm saying is if you're so down to earth, why even bother a response to something you think it isn't more than speculation? and the funny thing is that I think EXACTLY the way you think, I won't be celebrating unless I hear OFFICIAL news, but instead of saying this ALL the time, I just try to add some trustable news if I know about them. If I hadn't seen that Chris' interview before I wouldn't even post to this thread.

Please, don't tell me to chill, that is totally uncalled for, I have my reasons to overreact, to be cool, etc, this is something that REALLY bothers me. I'll be cool if I have reasons to, not because someone told me to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamilia View Post
We're not overreacting at all, mate. I think it's great news. The fact that both Taylor and Chris confirmed it, gives me hope too. And I have nothing against discussing this topic and speculating about it on the board.
However, I'm a person who likes to wait to see which way the cat jumps - if you know what I mean. Because people can easily say something without being sure of it. I know, two members say the same thing... but still.
Let's say I'm going woohoo right now, but I'll go WOOHOO! when it's official. And that's approximately the same thing you said. So, we're not overreacting at all
I totally agree with you and if you read the above response to jshizzle, there's the backup to this.

Also, if you read my first post on this thread, I wasn't even close to a passionate reaction, I posted the link and said that it is apparently true, nothing more.
• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •
Old February 26th 2010, 04:40 AM
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNESS View Post
well, that makes 2 out of 4 foos. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03DyuVi4LDg

we should really expect them to start working later this year.
3 years in a row of great superbowls

is that dj a retart?

edit: the fact that i spelled retard wrong hurts my soul...i dont even wanna correct it...ugh

Last edited by Tim : February 26th 2010 at 05:04 PM. Reason: alcohol-induced typo acknowledgement :)
Old February 26th 2010, 09:32 AM
Visiting is pretty...

ouh yeah ... mid 2011 would be great ... then i´m ready with highschool ... that means --> festivals .. concerts .. party .. etc hope to see the foos then
Old February 26th 2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNESS View Post
All I'm saying is if you're so down to earth, why even bother a response to something you think it isn't more than speculation? and the funny thing is that I think EXACTLY the way you think, I won't be celebrating unless I hear OFFICIAL news, but instead of saying this ALL the time, I just try to add some trustable news if I know about them. If I hadn't seen that Chris' interview before I wouldn't even post to this thread.

Please, don't tell me to chill, that is totally uncalled for, I have my reasons to overreact, to be cool, etc, this is something that REALLY bothers me. I'll be cool if I have reasons to, not because someone told me to.

I totally agree with you and if you read the above response to jshizzle, there's the backup to this.

Also, if you read my first post on this thread, I wasn't even close to a passionate reaction, I posted the link and said that it is apparently true, nothing more.

I'm not saying i'm down to earth, i'm just saying that from experience I won't get my panties in a twist in excitement over things like this, as you said, forums are for sharing opinions, my opinion for things like this is that I will take it with a few pinches of salt. I don't understand why this 'REALLY bothers' you. It's just chit chat on the internet. I won't tell you to chill again, sorry, I didn't mean it in a patronizing way man.

Last edited by Josh : February 26th 2010 at 12:40 PM.
Old February 26th 2010, 02:44 PM
A star burned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tym View Post
3 years in a row of great superbowls

is that dj a retart?
hahahaha

Quote:
I'm not saying i'm down to earth, i'm just saying that from experience I won't get my panties in a twist in excitement over things like this, as you said, forums are for sharing opinions, my opinion for things like this is that I will take it with a few pinches of salt. I don't understand why this 'REALLY bothers' you. It's just chit chat on the internet. I won't tell you to chill again, sorry, I didn't mean it in a patronizing way man.
ok, and so am I. at first I didn't even hint a reaction in excitement, just mentioned a possibility. I just don't like people saying to wait for official news, not because I disagree with that, I do that myself, just don't need to be reminded all the time. anyways, if I got mad at something and was more because you told me to chill than the subject, I wasn't even mad about that. but that's fine, you can't know beforehand what bothers me, don't worry about that.
• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •
Old February 26th 2010, 03:47 PM
Visiting is pretty...

As much as I'd like to see a new album, I'd appreciate a tour more.

When FF toured western Canada last year, I lost the ticket lottery. I wasn't such a big fan then but I was a fan and I knew it was going to be one of the best concerts to ever roll through the area. Nobody I know was able to purchase tickets to any of the four concerts and we all tried.

A buddy of mine was able to go with tickets given to him by one of the sponsors. They were given to him a couple of weeks before the event.

It's a shame obtaining concert tickets has really turned into a lottery. I'll keep trying, though. In fact, I'd take a shot at tickets anywhere in Canada or the US. I hope signing up to the fan site will improve my chances of seeing an FF show.

- MCH
Old February 26th 2010, 04:17 PM
A star burned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by My cunt hurts View Post

When FF toured western Canada last year, I lost the ticket lottery. I wasn't such a big fan then but I was a fan and I knew it was going to be one of the best concerts to ever roll through the area. Nobody I know was able to purchase tickets to any of the four concerts and we all tried.

A buddy of mine was able to go with tickets given to him by one of the sponsors. They were given to him a couple of weeks before the event.

It's a shame obtaining concert tickets has really turned into a lottery. I'll keep trying, though. In fact, I'd take a shot at tickets anywhere in Canada or the US. I hope signing up to the fan site will improve my chances of seeing an FF show.

- MCH
that's not cool indeed, but tours happen to promote albums, so the next time they travel the world again will be to promote a new one. outside album promotions are only rare small concerts like the one in Las Vegas a few days ago, but I'm sure they'll hit canada the next tour, they even recorded a DVD there, they like it.
Old February 27th 2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB17 View Post
Personally, I am sick of the setlist and would like some new songs to listen to if I went to see them again. Either that or old songs, but that's even less likely to happen..
Old February 28th 2010, 05:50 PM
Visiting is pretty...

if and when they do go back into the studio i hope they don't play it safe because if dave can do like he has with them crooked vultues then he can do it with the foo's and give us something exiciting and bold and kickass:
Old February 28th 2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emomum View Post
if and when they do go back into the studio i hope they don't play it safe because if dave can do like he has with them crooked vultues then he can do it with the foo's and give us something exiciting and bold and kickass:
No one knows much, Emotional Mother.
Old February 28th 2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
No one knows much, Emotional Mother.
We´ll have to Go with the flow...
Stockholm Stadion, Stockholm 062211

Ullevi, Gothenburg 061215

Old February 28th 2010, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Nick Riviera View Post
We´ll have to Go with the flow...
Definitely, I don't want to get ahead of my self and get misplaced hope In My Head.

Old March 1st 2010, 10:59 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Smile Re: Kerrang: Foo Fighters to start work on new album later this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmanjs View Post
a new album would be very nice, but what happened to the break that they were supposed to take.
Well He did say in the time 10 question interview that he would be back sooner than people expected
Old March 6th 2010, 07:07 AM
FooArchive

This article gives a September start date for the band's re-grouping:
http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/ecollyw...ng-the-forests

"FooArchive? It's a wealth of information." - Dave Grohl
Old March 6th 2010, 09:51 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjonze View Post
This article gives a September start date for the band's re-grouping:
http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/ecollyw...ng-the-forests
September? That´s soon I´m getting excited now!!