Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Frequent Post Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old January 12th 2008, 05:12 PM
The Boss

Default A couple things about the current Tour, Pre-sales and Selling Tickets...

Newletters

With every tour or site relaunch, the mailing list is every changing. If you have not RE-REGISTERED for the mailing list recently, you need to re-register.

If you aren't getting the newsletter and have re-registered, more than likely your e-mail is getting blocked by a spam filter. I suggest G-Mail as a free e-mail source because I have not heard of anyone not getting it with a G-mail address.

Pre-sale Passwords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
So we are softening about passwords on the board. If I have the information from the official source I will post what I know. Since it shows up on Facebook and other areas it's kind of stupid to ban for this stuff now.

Re-selling Tickets and "Scalping" or "Touting"

Quote:
If you are trying to sell your tickets, they have to be for the original price from the ticket agency. Scalping is prohibited.

Brokers, Ebay, Craigs List mark ups that you might have been stupid enough to pay are NOT ok to pass along to the fans on this board.

Messages that just have an e-mail and a "for sale" notice will be deleted. Your asking price needs to be stated and if I get notice that someone is indeed scalping, you will be banned immediately.

If you want to make some money, go to Ebay and pay their fee to rip off the masses.
Current Tour

Not ALL of the dates for the tour in 2012 have been announced. So, if you are annoyed because your great state, city or country has not been included, take a chill pill.

The above information has been taken from our Info For Fresh Fighters forum.

Any questions or concerns? PM the Administrators.

Thanks!

Jill and Tim

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond

Last edited by Jill : November 20th 2011 at 03:35 AM.
Old March 15th 2011, 06:37 AM
the user formerly known as mexicanFOO

Default Re: A couple things about the current Tour, Pre-sales and Selling Tickets...

Quote:
Pre-sale Passwords
Please do not post pre-sale passwords on the board. Part of the benefit of signing up for our mailing list is that you will get an e-mail with a list of the upcoming show passwords.
Jill, just a heads-up in. The password is publicly viewable in the news section.
I don't know if its public on purpose, but it doesn't make sense with what you said. So, just saying, if its meant to be there, well, its there.
Old April 16th 2011, 07:06 PM
The Boss

Default Re: A couple things about the current Tour, Pre-sales and Selling Tickets...

The information will be related from the website and I am sure people will be talking about tour dates on the board. Just check the tour section of the website and sign up for the mailing list.

Old April 21st 2011, 11:53 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Thanks for the info, Jill. I'm sure you have your work cut out for you. I'm brand new at this forum, and my goal is to see the Foos live this summer/fall. I don't care how far I'd have to drive, lol, just gotta get away and do it! Can't get enough!

Thanks again for all you do,
Jon
Old May 9th 2011, 07:05 PM
Have you found your way around

Great news, look at the info daily, cheers:>
Old May 11th 2011, 06:25 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I have literally been checking 3 times a day for a US tour schedule. Can't wait for the dates. Sounds like fall/winter huh? I will take it but I hope that play TD Garden for the Boston date and not DCU out in Worcester.
Old May 16th 2011, 10:00 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Pre-sale password was posted today on the Foo Figthers Facebook page for the St. Louis and Kansas City dates, I assume it will be the same for all shows going on sale this Wednesday.
Old May 17th 2011, 12:26 AM
Visiting is pretty...

just curious...I signed up over a month ago to be on the mailing list..
and while I completely understand that there are 4 billlion fans to keep happy, why sign up for a newsletter and wait for an email (That I didn't get)..if the password is going to be made public on facebook??

PLEASE do not misunderstand me, I'm simply asking.
I feel like I missed something along the way, is all.

Is this usually how it works with pre-sales?.
Old May 17th 2011, 01:21 AM
The Boss

I don't control the Facebook page but I looked and couldn't find it. Can you show me via PM?

Old May 17th 2011, 01:22 AM
The Boss

Also a newsletter should go out by tomorrow I hope.

Old May 17th 2011, 02:50 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Thank you Jill!

I seriously appreciate your response..
it just seemed kind of odd to me that the password was on FB..
but I assumed that was just part of the deal for being a "fan" on their page.

No matter...I am just SUPER STOKED, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed to just get any kind of ticket I can! Thanks!

Old May 24th 2011, 02:10 AM
Visiting is pretty...

I am confused I am sighned up for the fan mailing list and have not recieved any info on the presale nor can I find any sort of passwords anywhere? Someone please help I have got to get tickets
Old May 26th 2011, 02:59 PM
The Boss

You don’t get a newsletter immediately after you sign up. The Newsletter for the first leg of the tour went out a few weeks ago. I imagine the next newsletter should be coming out ANYTIME for the next leg. You need to sign up BEFORE it goes out. That’s the whole idea of the benefit.

More Dates will be coming next week - the week of June 20th.

If you did not sign up in time you missed out on the password.

Last edited by Jill : June 13th 2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old June 2nd 2011, 09:53 PM
Visiting is pretty...

word.
Old June 13th 2011, 10:56 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I just registered to this site today, about time I know, but does that mean I will get a pre-sale password for the new October shows? Or do you have to be registered for a certain amount of time before you start getting those privileges?
Old June 14th 2011, 03:11 PM
The Boss

You need to be registered before they que up the emails. Sony is doing this now so I son't know how they are doing it. I assume the emails will be sent today or they started last night.

Old June 14th 2011, 03:59 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Unhappy Re: A couple things about the current Tour, Pre-sales and Selling Tickets...

havent gotten anything yet, have had no problem getting other emails from the foos so i will b patient and not start to panic just yet. Good to know they just went out .......
Old June 14th 2011, 04:40 PM
Visiting is pretty...

keep tellin myself: be patient... chill...

but I keep refreshing this thread, the tour page, my inbox, FB page, etc.

just sayin...
Old June 14th 2011, 05:46 PM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI_NY_1 View Post
keep tellin myself: be patient... chill...

but I keep refreshing this thread, the tour page, my inbox, FB page, etc.

just sayin...

I'm a-lookin', but I'm not findin',

check back later! :>
Old June 14th 2011, 07:05 PM
The Boss

I haven't recveived mine yet either. It's currently 11:05 pacific standard time.

Closed Thread