Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 19th 2011, 03:56 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Little Rock, Last Nite...

Kicked ass! It was the first time to see my favorite band live and just, wow. Dave really connected with the audience and even somehow made eye contact with me at one point while playing an acoustic version of Long Road. They put on one hell of a show.
Old May 19th 2011, 04:21 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: Little Rock, Last Nite...

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryfriedfoo View Post
Kicked ass! It was the first time to see my favorite band live and just, wow. Dave really connected with the audience and even somehow made eye contact with me at one point while playing an acoustic version of Long Road. They put on one hell of a show.
I hear many sections of the arena were blocked off and only about 6000 were there? Is that true?
Old May 19th 2011, 04:44 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I think official headcount was reported "under 6000" by the local paper. Dave and the band definitely connected with the audience in the intimate setting. I think that the playlist pretty much followed what was reported from the Tulsa show with one notable exception the band played a rousing rendition of Alice Cooper's "Schools Out" towards the end of the set. Overall a great night thoroughly enjoyed by the "under 6000" true Foo fans at Verizon.
Old May 19th 2011, 05:13 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTulsa View Post
I hear many sections of the arena were blocked off and only about 6000 were there? Is that true?
Yes, it's true and I don't understand why so many sections were blocked off. The crowd that was there was great, but it should've been much bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tregan2 View Post
I think official headcount was reported "under 6000" by the local paper. Dave and the band definitely connected with the audience in the intimate setting. I think that the playlist pretty much followed what was reported from the Tulsa show with one notable exception the band played a rousing rendition of Alice Cooper's "Schools Out" towards the end of the set. Overall a great night thoroughly enjoyed by the "under 6000" true Foo fans at Verizon.
Right on.
Old May 19th 2011, 05:23 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

During Motörhead, I was thinking to myself "This crowd better step it up or the Foos won't be back for another 10+ years, if ever..."

Once they came out, though, it was a different crowd! I felt like everyone was into it from start to finish. I never sat down the whole show... along with most people in my section.

I do wish the crowd would have been bigger, but a Wednesday night show in this lame town... what can you expect?

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we are the Foo Fighters and we play both types of music, Country and Western." - Dave
Old May 19th 2011, 05:26 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Did they play the acoustic part of the set in the middle of the stadium like the last tour?
Old May 19th 2011, 05:32 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

No, there were only 3 acoustic songs (that I can remember) and it was just Dave on this raised platform at the opposite end of the stage with the house lights most of the way up. I was glad to hear Everlong in full-on rock glory again!

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we are the Foo Fighters and we play both types of music, Country and Western." - Dave
Old May 19th 2011, 05:58 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmathys View Post
During Motörhead, I was thinking to myself "This crowd better step it up or the Foos won't be back for another 10+ years, if ever..."

Once they came out, though, it was a different crowd! I felt like everyone was into it from start to finish. I never sat down the whole show... along with most people in my section.

I do wish the crowd would have been bigger, but a Wednesday night show in this lame town... what can you expect?
I agree. I enjoyed the hell outta the show, but BOK center in Tulsa owned LR as far as attendance. I would probably go to Tulsa next time, honestly. It's closer for me anyway, since I live in Fort Smith. If I could complain about anything, it would be the size of the crowd, but I shouldn't complain. I'm still deaf right now in my left ear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpaglia1 View Post
Did they play the acoustic part of the set in the middle of the stadium like the last tour?
I thought the band was done and they walked off stage and the crowd went nuts for an encore, then Dave reappeared on the small stage at the other end of the arena right in front of me and he played Long Road, Best of You and the first half of Times Like These and in the middle part of the song the band had snuck back on stage and they finished the song plugged in. It was sweet.
Old May 19th 2011, 06:04 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Thanks. The last tour they had a stage in the center of the stadium with a long walkway to it. It was impossible to have a good view for both sets. I'm seeing them for the fifth time in Pittsburgh this september. I already can't wait
Old May 20th 2011, 12:26 AM
I'll Stick Around

i had so much fun at the show last night! it was my first foo fighters show and i couldn't have asked for much more. i'm so shocked i have a voice today after singing for three hours straight though! haha! i have to say personally i was a little disappointed by the audience. i mean the people on the floor seemed really into it but i felt like the people immediately near by me weren't so much. i mean the guy next to me sat down a little before the encore and left when the band left the stage for their break. it also seemed like a lot of people around me were sitting down around the 2 hour mark. they were standing up again by the end though.
funniest part was when dave completely stopped in the middle of learn to fly to call out someone for smoking marijuana. "i'm sure it's medical!" haha!
i waited around for the guys afterward with no luck but this really nice crew guy me a copy of the day's itinerary that dave tweeted a photo of, as well as a pick!
i'm going to the memphis show tomorrow and i'm so excited! these two shows were meant to be a gift for me because one year ago today i successfully underwent an 8 hour heart surgery all the way in new york. after last night especially, i know for sure this is the perfect way to celebrate.

Last edited by ff_fan100 : May 20th 2011 at 12:33 AM.
Old May 20th 2011, 12:32 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Little rock last night unf'ing believable

Dave and the band were in fine form just 2 dates into their tour!
2 1/2 hours and they rocked the house down. Dave is King.
If you can get to see them at any of these early small venues do it.
Little rock was hardly filled up. They played a mix of all the years songs from a to z and two covers from alice cooper and Queen. dave played 3 songs with acoustic guitar wow. I loved the live version of Monkey wrench . " one last thing before i quit..."
I took my two sons 18 and 16, we flew from baltimore to see this show and we were not disappointed. Major man crush on these guys. Times are hard and what a night, music helps.
Cheers and safe travels foo's
Old May 20th 2011, 12:44 AM
I'll Stick Around

Default Re: Little rock last night unf'ing believable

Awesome!

Foo Fighters, Forever!!!

I've seen Stones, I've seen Tull, I've seen ELP, and many more....
BUT, 48 hours ago, I Wept! A Lot! LoL!
Old May 20th 2011, 01:07 AM
I'll Stick Around

They will never come back to Arkansas. I see tons of posts from around the world begging for a show, and dammit if we don't suck at their shows. Last tour they were in fayettevile AR, which students could get tickets cheap, and that Croud was DEAD. He even stopped and talked to me during the show, which blew me away. I think it was because I was the only one at the rail on my side screaming and cheering like crazy. My husband said, do you realize you just talked to Dave Grohl?
Old May 20th 2011, 02:02 AM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by it's a shame View Post
They will never come back to Arkansas. I see tons of posts from around the world begging for a show, and dammit if we don't suck at their shows. Last tour they were in fayettevile AR, which students could get tickets cheap, and that Croud was DEAD. He even stopped and talked to me during the show, which blew me away. I think it was because I was the only one at the rail on my side screaming and cheering like crazy. My husband said, do you realize you just talked to Dave Grohl?
I do believe I recall photographing that moment!
01/25/08 Memphis • 01/26/08 Nashville, TN • 02/29/08 Fayetteville, AR • 07/19/08 Kansas City, MO • 07/20/08 St. Louis • 09/25 & 26/2008 Vegas • 09/24/09 Sunny Day Real Estate | Chicago • 10/05/09 Them Crooked Vultures | Nashville • 10/06/09 SDRE | Houston • 05/17/10 TCV | Indianapolis • 09/16/11 Kansas City • 09/17/11 St. Louis • 11/07/11 Atlanta • 11/08/11 Charlotte • 09/22/12 DeLuna Fest
Old May 20th 2011, 02:24 AM
Visiting is pretty...

I'm from Oklahoma and I just wanted all of you Little Rock fans to know.. I have had the rare priviledge of seeing them at both the Tulsa show AND the Little Rock show.. and yes, there more people in Tulsa, but.. the Little Rock crowd was way louder than they were!!! You guys were loud.. and the band seemed to feed off that.. I think you guys even got an extra song out of it
Old May 20th 2011, 02:46 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by it's a shame View Post
UM, I Know!... UNbelievable!

I, hope to live, long enough, to to talk to him..., some day... maybe...
Old May 20th 2011, 03:00 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff_fan100 View Post
i had so much fun at the show last night! it was my first foo fighters show and i couldn't have asked for much more. i'm so shocked i have a voice today after singing for three hours straight though! haha! i have to say personally i was a little disappointed by the audience. i mean the people on the floor seemed really into it but i felt like the people immediately near by me weren't so much. i mean the guy next to me sat down a little before the encore and left when the band left the stage for their break. it also seemed like a lot of people around me were sitting down around the 2 hour mark. they were standing up again by the end though.
funniest part was when dave completely stopped in the middle of learn to fly to call out someone for smoking marijuana. "i'm sure it's medical!" haha!
i waited around for the guys afterward with no luck but this really nice crew guy me a copy of the day's itinerary that dave tweeted a photo of, as well as a pick!
i'm going to the memphis show tomorrow and i'm so excited! these two shows were meant to be a gift for me because one year ago today i successfully underwent an 8 hour heart surgery all the way in new york. after last night especially, i know for sure this is the perfect way to celebrate.
Fuck'n Wow!!! Rock On!
Old May 20th 2011, 03:18 AM
Have you found your way around

I was shocked at the lack of an audience in LR. I had seats in section 204 and got moved to 110. I actually would've preferred being up higher so I could see the floor of the stage like I did in Tulsa. But the guys seemed to like the audience since LR got an extra song. But I enjoyed both shows
Old May 20th 2011, 03:44 AM
Everything Is Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
I was shocked at the lack of an audience in LR. I had seats in section 204 and got moved to 110. I actually would've preferred being up higher so I could see the floor of the stage like I did in Tulsa. But the guys seemed to like the audience since LR got an extra song. But I enjoyed both shows
I was shocked when I walked in and the whole upper level and parts of the lower level were blocked off. For being a smaller crowd it was just as loud as Tulsa. And on the floor they were much more behaved than Tulsa.
Old May 20th 2011, 03:56 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne View Post
I'm from Oklahoma and I just wanted all of you Little Rock fans to know.. I have had the rare priviledge of seeing them at both the Tulsa show AND the Little Rock show.. and yes, there more people in Tulsa, but.. the Little Rock crowd was way louder than they were!!! You guys were loud.. and the band seemed to feed off that.. I think you guys even got an extra song out of it
THANK YOU! I agree! I have no voice today....and meeting Dave after the show was the icing on my Foos cake! He assured me there will be more shows later this year into early next year and also said I won't have to drive as long (8 hours!!)next time either. So some Texas dates are hopefully in the works! Loved the show! LOVE the FOOS! Little Rock...ROCKED IT...HARD!