Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 8th 2011, 11:28 AM
Have you found your way around

Default Re: Vinyl Reissues pre-order?

I'm still trying to decide if I need to order these or not. My record player is broken so I'd have nothing to play them on so it seems kinda pointless but I'd still like them.
Manchester Arena 05, Manchester Arena 07, Manchester Etihad Stadium 08, London Wembley Arena 11, Milton Keynes Bowl 11, Reading Festival 12, London Invictus Games 14, Manchester LCC 15, Milton Keynes Bowl 15, London 02 Arena 17, Manchester Etihad Stadium 18, London Olympic Stadium 18, New York Madison Square Garden 18, Dublin RDS Arena 19, Reading Festival 19
Old November 8th 2011, 01:03 PM
The Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathi View Post
I pre-ordered them from amazon.com...super cheap! Bit worried about how much I'll have to pay in taxes for these though.
When I added all six to a basket and left it on the cheapest shipping method it just gave me a normal price that I would have to pay import tax on top of but when I changed to 'Expedited International Shipping' it added on an 'Import Fees Deposit' of 16.58, which seems to be an estimate of the import fees. So assuming that is correct, the total cost after taxes to the UK is 99.47 for the six.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old November 8th 2011, 01:13 PM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studmore View Post
When I added all six to a basket and left it on the cheapest shipping method it just gave me a normal price that I would have to pay import tax on top of but when I changed to 'Expedited International Shipping' it added on an 'Import Fees Deposit' of 16.58, which seems to be an estimate of the import fees. So assuming that is correct, the total cost after taxes to the UK is 99.47 for the six.
Good thing with Amazon is that you over pay the taxes, you get a refund, under pay, Amazon not you pay the difference.
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old November 9th 2011, 05:43 AM

I know it's not a reissue, but I decided to order the Greatest Hits vinyl at the same time I preordered Skin & Bones. I chose the combined shipping so that it's less expensive. Here's what I just received from Amazon.com:

Quote:
Greetings Hubert!

We thought you'd like to know that we shipped this portion of your order separately to give you quicker service. You won't be charged any extra shipping fees, and the remainder of your order will follow as soon as those items become available.
Pretty cool.
Old November 9th 2011, 08:55 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hub. View Post
I know it's not a reissue, but I decided to order the Greatest Hits vinyl at the same time I preordered Skin & Bones. I chose the combined shipping so that it's less expensive. Here's what I just received from Amazon.com:

Pretty cool.
Yep I've had big orders sent in up to even five different shipments in the past, they don't mess about. PLUS and this is the best part, they never quibble if there is a problem, they resend the item immediately if its lost or damaged, and several times on multi item orders they have told me to just keep the first damaged item.

Big business done well - they are a lot better than most people realise, and way better than most of the supposed "cheap" resellers.

I was there
Old November 9th 2011, 08:59 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
These have hit a really nice price on Amazon.com now, just $17.99 for the five 2LPs and $12.99 for S/T. Kinda makes you wonder about the quality of the pressings though.

It seems you were right about them being US only as well, couple of weeks before release and still not available on UK Amazon or other sites and still €36 on Amazon DE.

Still, at least they're not 'mega rare limited edition pressings' so they should all be available for a while yet.

And if you already ordered you get charged the LOWEST price they ever set up to 24 hours before they ship - and that's 21st November. I checked my order - ts all at the new low prices. So I added a 2nd copy of Skin and it works out still less than when I first ordered

I was there
Old November 9th 2011, 09:06 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Good thing with Amazon is that you over pay the taxes, you get a refund, under pay, Amazon not you pay the difference.
When you buy on Amazon UK from here in NZ, you see the full price, then at checkout they take a whopping 20% off because you do not pay EU VAT outside of the EU. Shipping is more expensive sure, but I often pay less including 12,000 miles of postage than someone in the UK does.

Our GST (goods & services tax - same as VAT) is 15%, but it's only payable on imports for music & DVDs etc over $450 - so you just adjust your purchase accordingly an you never pay any tax at all.

I was there
Old November 9th 2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
I tried to change it, but it still said 0.00 on the tax estimate, so I'm guessing Italy isn't one of the eligible countries for that program.

We have to pay 20% VAT for everything from outside the EU (on the whole value of the item shipped, so order + shipping fees), plus a country specific fee (I think it's 5.50 from the US). Which, if I calculated everything right, makes my order still cheaper than if I got everything from Amazon Germany.
Old November 9th 2011, 02:56 PM
The Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathi View Post
I tried to change it, but it still said 0.00 on the tax estimate, so I'm guessing Italy isn't one of the eligible countries for that program.

We have to pay 20% VAT for everything from outside the EU (on the whole value of the item shipped, so order + shipping fees), plus a country specific fee (I think it's 5.50 from the US). Which, if I calculated everything right, makes my order still cheaper than if I got everything from Amazon Germany.
We're 20% in the UK as well so yours should come to roughly the same, about 120. Much cheaper than Amazon DE as you say.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old November 9th 2011, 03:54 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
These have hit a really nice price on Amazon.com now, just $17.99 for the five 2LPs and $12.99 for S/T. Kinda makes you wonder about the quality of the pressings though.

It seems you were right about them being US only as well, couple of weeks before release and still not available on UK Amazon or other sites and still 36 on Amazon DE.

Still, at least they're not 'mega rare limited edition pressings' so they should all be available for a while yet.
After looking on Amazon again, I am not to worried about the quality. All foo fighters albums have dropped on amazon in the past 2 weeks. Wasting Light is only $15.99 now.
Old November 9th 2011, 10:20 PM
The Sidekick

Yeah I guess so. It'll be interesting to see what they've done for these though, whether new vinyl masters have been created (in which case they'll probably sound shit) or if they just used the original masters. Be interesting to see how they compare to the originals.

--
Old November 10th 2011, 03:26 AM

Have you received further information about these releases Simon? You're the man here. I can't wait for them to complete my collection, I wasn't going to spend lot of money for used ones in bad conditions

"If you think about it with an open mind, music can be nameless, it can be faceless - it can just be music"
Old November 10th 2011, 05:12 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Uh Oh... I tried to post a link and I am not allowed to! bbs.foofighters.com does not allow new users to post links until a minimum post count is reached. This regulation is in place to prevent spam.
Old November 18th 2011, 12:49 PM
The Sidekick

Looks like these have started going out, or at least have reached distributors. There is a S/T copy on ebay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOO-FIGHTE...item3a6cdcaada and it seems they've not changed much, just slapped a sticker on the shrink wrapping and included an MP3 download.

--
Old November 18th 2011, 01:44 PM

Yep! I've read that, this morning: they're in stock at soundstagedirect.
Old November 19th 2011, 12:49 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Awesome. Did anyone notice The Sign is on IYH?
Old November 19th 2011, 02:09 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Does anyone know if these are limited? I don't have enough $$ for all of them.
Old November 19th 2011, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyanther View Post
Awesome. Did anyone notice The Sign is on IYH?
Apparently, yes:

http://i42.tinypic.com/ojqs8z.jpg
Old November 19th 2011, 08:14 AM
the user formerly known as mexicanFOO

is IYH a box like the original issue?
Old November 19th 2011, 08:58 AM

No, it's a double LP sleeve and not a four LP box.