Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 15th 2015, 03:02 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Record Store Day show in Niles, Ohio

Rumor has it, he will be playing in his hometown of Niles, Ohio for RSD. The owner of that record store has been posting all day about it, suppose to make the announcement of what "band" he is talking about tomorrow morning. I will keep you all posted.
Old April 15th 2015, 03:05 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Default RSD possible live show

I live close to where Dave was born (Warren, OH) and the local record store in Niles, OH has been talking about a special band coming to play on Saturday. Rumor has it it's the Foo since they will be in Cleveland that night. I will keep you posted, as the official announcement is tomorrow morning.
Old April 15th 2015, 02:04 PM
Ready on your mark

Default Re: Dave 2015 Record Store Day Ambassador / 'Songs From The Laundry Room' EP {merged}

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungstownFoo View Post
Rumor has it, he will be playing in his hometown of Niles, Ohio for RSD. The owner of that record store has been posting all day about it, suppose to make the announcement of what "band" he is talking about tomorrow morning. I will keep you all posted.
Yup.

Adelaide / Sydney, 2011
Brisbane / Sydney / Adelaide, 2015
Gold Coast, 2015 (Chevy Metal)
Philadelphia, 2016 (Chevy Metal)
Sydney, 2017 (Chevy Metal)
Adelaide / Brisbane / Sydney, 2018
Old April 15th 2015, 02:10 PM
Screams in silence

Default Re: Dave 2015 Record Store Day Ambassador / 'Songs From The Laundry Room' EP {merged}

I'm so bummed. I'm going to be in Cleveland this weekend, which is a short drive away, but you can't get tickets unless you preorder the album, in person, at The Record Connection tomorrow, which I can't do.
Old April 15th 2015, 02:14 PM
The Sidekick

150 people only, going to be very exclusive.

Do we think they'll bust out any of the new tracks on the EP?

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old April 15th 2015, 02:22 PM
Screams in silence

I doubt it, From that RS article, Dave sounded like he didn't even know those versions.
Old April 15th 2015, 02:30 PM
The Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnine13 View Post
I doubt it, From that RS article, Dave sounded like he didn't even know those versions.
Yeah but I guess they could easily have learnt them, Kids In America and Empty Handed I mean. I do still doubt it as well though, they didn't do anything from Medium Rare in 2011, although that was right after WL came out so they did that in full instead.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old April 15th 2015, 02:37 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Well the Owner leaked it 2 days ago over the phone to me. Doesn't even know how to use voicemail.
Old April 15th 2015, 02:38 PM

Default Re: RSD possible live show

Yeah its true.
Old April 15th 2015, 02:40 PM
Everywhere But Home

dangit im 6.5 hrs away. Would be cool to see them Sat for that!
Old April 15th 2015, 04:02 PM
Everywhere But Home

Very cool they are doing this!
Old April 15th 2015, 05:27 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Emily, there are already 20 plus people camping outů I might have to after work tonight...
Old April 15th 2015, 06:16 PM

We know the first 2 people in line. They were on my mailing list. I would have gone if I could see out of both eyes. I got 1 eye and the other it's recovering. I would be coaching high school baseball but not make it anyway. I'm surprised no one else figured it out or did research that I did. Second Foo Newsletter if you clicked the link and zoomed in... It was close to the record store but it was a good hint and the Facebook page of the record connection hinted 10 days ago of an announcement. Then Monday night the owner gave it away on the phone.
Old April 15th 2015, 06:19 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of Brad Nut View Post
We know the first 2 people in line. They were on my mailing list. I would have gone if I could see out of both eyes. I got 1 eye and the other it's recovering. I would be coaching high school baseball but not make it anyway. I'm surprised no one else figured it out or did research that I did. Second Foo Newsletter if you clicked the link and zoomed in... It was close to the record store but it was a good hint and the Facebook page of the record connection hinted 10 days ago of an announcement. Then Monday night the owner gave it away on the phone.

Figured it was going to be FF when Record Connection announced it on their FB. But wasn't for sure. Might go super early tomorrow and camp out, hopefully get one of the last tickets…

I write for a couple of the local media outlets, was in contact with FF's publicist, but she said in all likely hood they will not be giving out any media passes.
Old April 15th 2015, 06:52 PM
There's something out there...

That gig poster is awesome, and I want it despite the big ol' grammatical error.
Old April 15th 2015, 07:33 PM

So, uh... has anyone actually seen the line with their eyes? Really wanna try to make it there tonight but I know tonight is probably gonna be too late. Would have to leave around 10ish and it's a 3 hour drive.
Old April 15th 2015, 09:47 PM
Visiting is pretty...

About 45 people in line now. Got here at 4:00PM and was #25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footard View Post
So, uh... has anyone actually seen the line with their eyes? Really wanna try to make it there tonight but I know tonight is probably gonna be too late. Would have to leave around 10ish and it's a 3 hour drive.
Old April 15th 2015, 10:02 PM

jackbit, please keep me updated and let me know if it reaches 150 before tonight. I would really appreciate it!
Old April 15th 2015, 10:23 PM
Visiting is pretty...

BEST OF LUCK to you all that are in the vicinity, or close enough to get to NILES! What an epic event! Looking forward to photos and videos! And reports!
Old April 15th 2015, 11:01 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsejackblt View Post
About 45 people in line now. Got here at 4:00PM and was #25.
Thank you! I might not make it there until around 4 am or so. please keep us updated. my friend is there now and said around 50-75 are there?