Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 12th 2015, 09:53 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Default Re: 2015 20th Ann Tour Posters

My RFK Artist Print Poster (49/100)

Old August 12th 2015, 09:54 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

My RFK Shattered Foil Poster (12/20)

Old August 12th 2015, 09:55 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

My RFK Gold Foil Poster (5/5)
SO fucking reflective no matter what you do it captures the idiot dancing around the room

Old August 12th 2015, 12:47 PM
Good Grief

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
My RFK Gold Foil Poster (5/5)
SO fucking reflective no matter what you do it captures the idiot dancing around the room

Very Nice!! Here you go again with matching numbers! I need the gold
Old August 12th 2015, 12:55 PM
Good Grief

Speaking of matching numbers, I think it would be cool to have the 20/20 fireworks foil or shattered foil. It's the 20th Anniversary so I think 20 is a key number
Old August 13th 2015, 07:28 PM
Good Grief

Mystery variant
Is there another 20th Anniversary variant that is not listed here? I came across this Instagram post from Jermaine about the Comic Con and he mentions "A weird FOO FIGHTERS brushed metal foil variant". Only 5 made. It looks like a shattered foil to me but that run was 20 and this "brushed metal foil" is only a run of 5.

https://instagram.com/p/44tYAiTOhZ/?...mainerogersart

After looking at it more closely, I don't believe this is a shattered foil. Up close it looks more like wrinkled aluminum foil where as the shattered looks more like broken pieces of glass. It's also priced $150 and the shattered was $125 from site.

Last edited by Foo_R_U : August 13th 2015 at 08:32 PM.
Old August 14th 2015, 12:03 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo_R_U View Post
Mystery variant
Is there another 20th Anniversary variant that is not listed here? I came across this Instagram post from Jermaine about the Comic Con and he mentions "A weird FOO FIGHTERS brushed metal foil variant". Only 5 made. It looks like a shattered foil to me but that run was 20 and this "brushed metal foil" is only a run of 5.

https://instagram.com/p/44tYAiTOhZ/?...mainerogersart

After looking at it more closely, I don't believe this is a shattered foil. Up close it looks more like wrinkled aluminum foil where as the shattered looks more like broken pieces of glass. It's also priced $150 and the shattered was $125 from site.
Totally different edition definitely. So he did one JUST for Comic Con, I know he sold a few of the Fireworks ones there - one went up on EB with an actual picture before anyone had the site sale ones sent out. I'll add it and edit when I can etc. Yeah the Gold was $150 too - I'm not sure why the Laser Ray Foil of 5 went at $125 I guess he was feeling generous when he did the extra Sat sale for the workers that couldn't get to the original 12pm one.
Old August 14th 2015, 01:00 PM
Everywhere But Home

ohhh I hadn't seen the fireworks one very cool.
Old August 14th 2015, 03:29 PM
Good Grief

Quote:
Totally different edition definitely. So he did one JUST for Comic Con, I know he sold a few of the Fireworks ones there - one went up on EB with an actual picture before anyone had the site sale ones sent out. I'll add it and edit when I can etc. Yeah the Gold was $150 too - I'm not sure why the Laser Ray Foil of 5 went at $125 I guess he was feeling generous when he did the extra Sat sale for the workers that couldn't get to the original 12pm one.
Thanks for confirming this. I was a little skeptic to say for sure so hoped you would chime in. It's the only variant that I never saw on EB or mentioned anywhere else, not even on Jermaine's site. Thats why I called it the mystery variant It almost seems like he planned on selling them and never did. Hopefully someone will post a pic of one in hand.

I remember seeing the 1st fireworks variant for sale and I posted a comment on here about how it's too bad the true fans didn't get 1st shot at it. Then he announced the sale happening on his site in which the FooBlock app screwed me over

I too was surprised the laser ray was only $125. Had it in the cart but not quick enough to checkout
Old August 14th 2015, 03:35 PM
Good Grief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
ohhh I hadn't seen the fireworks one very cool.
Yeah I really like that one. There hasn't been many of them up for sale. Only one left on EB right now. I think the rest of them will be held onto for a long time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOO-FIGHTERS...item51d5c65431
Old August 14th 2015, 10:21 PM
Good Grief

FROSTY 13/15

Old August 16th 2015, 11:38 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo_R_U View Post
Thanks for confirming this. I was a little skeptic to say for sure so hoped you would chime in. It's the only variant that I never saw on EB or mentioned anywhere else, not even on Jermaine's site. Thats why I called it the mystery variant It almost seems like he planned on selling them and never did. Hopefully someone will post a pic of one in hand.

I remember seeing the 1st fireworks variant for sale and I posted a comment on here about how it's too bad the true fans didn't get 1st shot at it. Then he announced the sale happening on his site in which the FooBlock app screwed me over

I too was surprised the laser ray was only $125. Had it in the cart but not quick enough to checkout
Yeah hard to say what he was thinking exactly, Comic Con isn't where you would imagine anyone deliberately links a special FF item. Looking at the wording in his post and the item again a few more times I think this highlighted word is possibly important:

jermainerogersart "A weird FOO FIGHTERS brushed metal foil variant. Only 5 made. Here at San Diego Comic Con beginning tonight at Preview Night."

I would love to know what he has to say, but I am guessing that it was a first attempt at the Shattered Foil that he didn't like and had a few he let go at CC. Could be totally wrong but the word "weird" kinda ringa alarm bells it wasn't actually intended to be like that.

UPDATES TO COME (My note to me lol):

1) The above new JP print obviously.

2) Brad Klausen has "miraculously" found more ink in a pen and changed the AP number on the Fenway Team Foo print to 125 (released another 25). Utterly sucks and totally below board IMHO and I didn't buy any of the prints, but it's just not how you should do this stuff. As I mentioned those baseball ones are in high demand so cool do another run in foil or some other medium but don't just add numbers - that's plain awful in so many ways.

3) Doing it the RIGHT way, Todd Slater added two new "Foo By Night" Fenway Park Boston variants via his site:
A) Signed and numbered artist edition of 100 copies.
B) Signed and numbered holofoil edition of 50 copies.

And added some blurb in the deal:

"My favorite record from the Dave Grohl and company has always been the Colour and the Shape. That album was adorned with 3d renderings of molecules which became the central focus of my print. Essentially, I began with the idea of a molecule replacing a lantern's flame and built the image outward from that. I sifted thru a lot of classic album art (RUSH FBN obviously) in attempt to make something that fit within the rock canon and represented the band presently."

Let me know anything else I'm still missing. Have there been any EMEK AP's yet? - nothing in my email and his site goes from here to nothing over night with this stuff.
Old August 16th 2015, 12:43 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

15th July 2015 Citi Field NYC EMEK Bridge

Old August 16th 2015, 12:51 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

July 2015 Citi Field NYC EADS Artist Prints x3

Had no idea what I'd get... so of course it's number 17 again... Fookarma is just plain stoopid...

Old August 16th 2015, 12:56 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

By the way - the board gives you screened views on the images. If you do a right click > copy image location > and open that url in another window, you get the full size image of all the photos.

If you don't already know this trick it's handy everywhere - FB etc etc
Old August 16th 2015, 06:40 PM
Good Grief

U
Quote:
Yeah hard to say what he was thinking exactly, Comic Con isn't where you would imagine anyone deliberately links a special FF item. Looking at the wording in his post and the item again a few more times I think this highlighted word is possibly important:

jermainerogersart "A weird FOO FIGHTERS brushed metal foil variant. Only 5 made. Here at San Diego Comic Con beginning tonight at Preview Night."

I would love to know what he has to say, but I am guessing that it was a first attempt at the Shattered Foil that he didn't like and had a few he let go at CC. Could be totally wrong but the word "weird" kinda ringa alarm bells it wasn't actually intended to be like that.

UPDATES TO COME (My note to me lol):

1) The above new JP print obviously.

2) Brad Klausen has "miraculously" found more ink in a pen and changed the AP number on the Fenway Team Foo print to 125 (released another 25). Utterly sucks and totally below board IMHO and I didn't buy any of the prints, but it's just not how you should do this stuff. As I mentioned those baseball ones are in high demand so cool do another run in foil or some other medium but don't just add numbers - that's plain awful in so many ways.

3) Doing it the RIGHT way, Todd Slater added two new "Foo By Night" Fenway Park Boston variants via his site:
A) Signed and numbered artist edition of 100 copies.
B) Signed and numbered holofoil edition of 50 copies.

And added some blurb in the deal:

"My favorite record from the Dave Grohl and company has always been the Colour and the Shape. That album was adorned with 3d renderings of molecules which became the central focus of my print. Essentially, I began with the idea of a molecule replacing a lantern's flame and built the image outward from that. I sifted thru a lot of classic album art (RUSH FBN obviously) in attempt to make something that fit within the rock canon and represented the band presently."

Let me know anything else I'm still missing. Have there been any EMEK AP's yet? - nothing in my email and his site goes from here to nothing over night with this stuff.
Now that you've focused on the word "weird" it makes a lot more sense.

That's fucked up what klausen did! I wasn't aware of this.

I've been watching my email, Emek's site and FB page with eagle eyes and haven't seen anything yet. Last thing I saw was he said "stay tuned for a broadcast of next weeks Foo Fighters DC sale". IMO the easiet way to know if u missed it is to check EB because you know right after the sale you'll see an ass load of pre-sales listed

Last edited by Foo_R_U : August 16th 2015 at 06:43 PM.
Old August 17th 2015, 05:51 AM
Visiting is pretty...

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...e6&oe=564786E4

Tonights Denver poster (assuming the picture works). /350
Old August 17th 2015, 04:00 PM
I'll Stick Around

So I'll be heading to the St. Paul MN show this coming Saturday. I'm guessing they have posters for sale at one location inside the venue only? What time have people been showing up at the venue to get a hold of a show poster? My only previous experience with getting a show poster was showing up for Pearl Jam super early they last time they were in MN, and waiting outside for their merch trailer to open up.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide to this poster newbie!
Old August 17th 2015, 07:30 PM
Good Grief

Heres a quick video I shot with my iphone to show the 20th Anniversary FIREWORKS poster. In person it looks like the fireworks are exploding. Be sure to select 720p so you can see the detail.

https://youtu.be/-kqqZx9KpRU
Old August 17th 2015, 10:12 PM
Good Grief

20th Anniversary RFK JR artist edition posters: Today I received what will probably be the last variant I'll get. As of now I have all of them except for two and those are near impossible to get now. Without further ado, here is LASER RAY FOIL 5/5