Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Frequent Post Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 16th 2005, 10:44 PM
Cause everyone's just too weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene
there's better songs than 'in your honour' and 'best of you' on the album...open your mind. remember, they're not gonna be like they were in 1996 anymore....i've come to realise that and accept it.
I agree. For instance...D.O.A and No Way Back are as good or even better than their early stuff.
9/14/11-St. Paul, MN, Xcel Energy Center. Front row show #1 and BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE. THREE PICKS (one from Dave, two from Shifty!) Shifty noticed me!
8/22/15-St. Paul, MN, Xcel Energy Center. Front row show #2! Shifty noticed me again!

I <3 Shifty!

NATE IS A WIZARD!

私はデイブグロールの愛

My pictures from the 9/14 show
Old June 16th 2005, 10:44 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno...again
i think everyone should be allowed to post their opinion no matter its good or bad. i think its good for the band as well that they have some criticism. constructive criticism i might add.
i agree completely

but constructive criticism is not found in words like, "sucks" and "total shit" Contructive criticism is done with tact, care and love. Criticism is just blatantly shooting off one's mouth with whatever thoughts and opinions one has, regardless of it being edifying or not. Contructive criticism is done in a way for it to be received and not merely heard.

...In my opinion

-"Not anymore! I've planted the seed of doubt!" - Master Shake

Elaine: He reads.
Jerry: I read!
Elaine: Books?...Jerry?
Jerry: Big deal!
Old June 16th 2005, 10:46 PM
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Foo
i agree completely

but constructive criticism is not found in words like, "sucks" and "total shit" Contructive criticism is done with tact, care and love. Criticism is just blatantly shooting off one's mouth with whatever thoughts and opinions one has, regardless of it being edifying or not. Contructive criticism is done in a way for it to be received and not merely heard.

...In my opinion
We agree, that's why threads like this aren't shut down. But yeah, when it becomes disrespectful then we will padlock it. This isn't that bad.

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old June 16th 2005, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Foo
I literally crapped my pants on the part after the break of silence in In Your Honor.
Uh... literally?
Old June 16th 2005, 10:49 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvcthree
If you think In your honor is a great album, then you're not listening to enough music my friend. Sorry Try AutoLux, Death Cab for Cutie, Dresden Dolls, or Interpol.

Oh please.

'Interpol'? Are you serious? Talk about a band who rips about any sound from the past twenty years. They sound no different than the Talking Heads or New Order, or even The Strokes.

Death Cab, I hand it to you, they rock.

But, please.
Old June 16th 2005, 10:52 PM
I'll Stick Around

Look, this is a fantastic double album. If you don't like it why are you here on the foofighters.com board? Go somewhere else to get your little bit of attention darling............
Old June 16th 2005, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V F
Look, this is a fantastic double album. If you don't like it why are you here on the foofighters.com board? Go somewhere else to get your little bit of attention darling............
*clap* *clap* *clap* Amen, brother (or sister). Fucking AMEN
9/14/11-St. Paul, MN, Xcel Energy Center. Front row show #1 and BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE. THREE PICKS (one from Dave, two from Shifty!) Shifty noticed me!
8/22/15-St. Paul, MN, Xcel Energy Center. Front row show #2! Shifty noticed me again!

I <3 Shifty!

NATE IS A WIZARD!

私はデイブグロールの愛

Old June 16th 2005, 10:54 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

All you fools stop complaining bout the new album, it IS their best and most original yet, in terms of music value and lyrically too, just because there is no Everlong doent mean the Foos are shit, just that they are changing and trying new stuff. Most of you are just complaining because you can, not because there is anything wrong with the music. Baaa
Old June 16th 2005, 10:54 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvcthree
If you think In your honor is a great album, then you're not listening to enough music my friend. Sorry Try AutoLux, Death Cab for Cutie, Dresden Dolls, or Interpol.
Those bands all suck.

No wonder you don't like IYH, you have no taste in music.
Old June 16th 2005, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grohl is a mad doggy
All you fools stop complaining bout the new album, it IS their best and most original yet, in terms of music value and lyrically too, just because there is no Everlong doent mean the Foos are shit, just that they are changing and trying new stuff. Most of you are just complaining because you can, not because there is anything wrong with the music. Baaa
*clap* *clap* *clap* very well said

I <3 Shifty!

NATE IS A WIZARD!

私はデイブグロールの愛

Old June 16th 2005, 11:00 PM
Have you found your way around

I LOVE this album and desire to have intercourse with it!
Old June 16th 2005, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_gravity
I LOVE this album and desire to have intercourse with it!
Whoa...

I <3 Shifty!

NATE IS A WIZARD!

私はデイブグロールの愛

Old June 16th 2005, 11:04 PM
I'll Stick Around

It's actually (sister) foofighter 0234.
Old June 16th 2005, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V F
It's actually (sister) foofighter 0234.
sorry My name is Jen, nice to meetcha

I <3 Shifty!

NATE IS A WIZARD!

私はデイブグロールの愛

Old June 16th 2005, 11:09 PM
I'll Stick Around

I've been and always will be a fan of Dave and the Foo's.
But this album Doesnt sound fresh to me at all.
The So called Heaviest Stuff they've ever done...Just sounds so middle of the road to me....Even by foo standards.I find it sad....I wanna like it....REALLY bad...But it's just not catching me....honestly One by One did'nt catch me and to this day has'nt....

The Acoustic side being a little better....but Just more of the same.....

Im not saying im through with them......There a couple songs i like...BUt it looks like im skipping thorugh the album for the songs i like.And theyare few and far between.

I love the Foo's Thats not a question...Since July 5th 1995 when i bought the first cd I've been fan...i'll probably always be.....

But this CD wont be the one i'll be telling my kids about when they ask me about the foo fighters.
Old June 16th 2005, 11:18 PM
I'll Stick Around

if you think "best of you" is the best song or even close to the best song on the album I'd disagree with you. The acoustic album is incredible, and I like the rock album too except for "best of you" and "The last song". I'll grant that it doesnt sound like the old foo fighters as much, but it reflects how the band grew and changed. Remember when he wrote the first album he was still in Nirvana, so he was still surrounded by dark music when he got away from that his music changed as much as his environment.
Old June 16th 2005, 11:24 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Of course the Foos are not the same as the 95 era. If there is one particualr aspect I love about the Foos is that every single album has had something diffrent than the others. I think it would be seriously boring that all the albums would sound the same. Youd get bored of it really really quick. Or at least I would.

IYH is not the same as their older albums, but there is something in their music, that if you'd listen to one of their songs in the radio or somewhere, theres a certain sound they have that you just know its the Foos playing. And I love it, having an album with all great songs... some stronger than others... than analbum with only 2 great songs and 8 you will never listen to again.
Old June 16th 2005, 11:29 PM
I'll Stick Around

I just loved having foo albums i can listen from beginning to end and love every single song....this the second release in a row where that hasnt happened!....And it saddens me!!
Old June 16th 2005, 11:47 PM
Visiting is pretty...

my personal opinion : this album kicks some serious ass, I think that the Foo's released a great album, far better than One by one, and I agree that every album has something different in it, so I can't pick a favourite album of them, every album has it's grace, and I love it, because they doesn't sound the same never
Old June 16th 2005, 11:49 PM
Banned

I completely agree with you. On the first two albums, I could absolutely feel the emotions. Be it sad, or pissed or whatever, it always came through in the music. Maybe I hold them in too high a standard. Maybe I only like it when Dave's drumming. There's definitely a style to his beats that I get into be it Probot, QOTSA or whatever. Maybe I just don't understand the album or something. Whatever it is, this is the second album in a row where I am desperately searching for anything that I might like. Some people say they've gone into a new direction. I really don't think so, they still have the same exact sound, only now the songs aren't very good. Sorry.