Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81521  
Old June 27th 2018, 06:52 AM
wol's Avatar
wol wol is offline
Normal
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Here.
Posts: 9,336
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
So...when is Wemblet?
Wait for the annoucement!
__________________
I don't even have any good skills.
Reply With Quote
  #81522  
Old August 21st 2019, 11:52 PM
Epic Failure's Avatar
Epic Failure Epic Failure is offline
The Cookie Is A Lie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Heart of Transylvania
Posts: 27,879
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Unnecessary post. Just cos I'm reminiscing.
__________________
Mutare Vel Timere Sperno
Reply With Quote
  #81523  
Old August 22nd 2019, 06:29 AM
IamBec's Avatar
IamBec IamBec is offline
Be Kind. Never knowing who to believe
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Liverpool / London UK
Posts: 16,535
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Canít believe this is still here ...
__________________
Formally FooManiac4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie III View Post
T looks like he's been taking hat advice from Becky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie_Everlong View Post
If the Dingwalls Gig was a person, it would be Steven Fucking Seagal
Reply With Quote
  #81524  
Old August 22nd 2019, 03:23 PM
BigCol's Avatar
BigCol BigCol is offline
I don't have a cofee problem.
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London.
Posts: 7,213
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

There wonít be one of these on Saturday will there?
Reply With Quote
  #81525  
Old August 22nd 2019, 03:30 PM
IamBec's Avatar
IamBec IamBec is offline
Be Kind. Never knowing who to believe
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Liverpool / London UK
Posts: 16,535
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCol View Post
There wonít be one of these on Saturday will there?
What? A casual round of mini golf? Who even knows! 😬
__________________
Formally FooManiac4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie III View Post
T looks like he's been taking hat advice from Becky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie_Everlong View Post
If the Dingwalls Gig was a person, it would be Steven Fucking Seagal
Reply With Quote
  #81526  
Old August 22nd 2019, 06:09 PM
Epic Failure's Avatar
Epic Failure Epic Failure is offline
The Cookie Is A Lie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Heart of Transylvania
Posts: 27,879
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Always possible, but would have thought unlikely, especially given the whole Club NME thing that Dave did last week.

Given the focus on the weekend and its history in social media and the like however, I would point out that there is an awfully convenient hour gap in the lock up stage at Reading that isn't on the schedule for the same day at Leeds...Could mean anything, but I would certainly be keeping my eye on it.
__________________
Mutare Vel Timere Sperno
Reply With Quote
  #81527  
Old August 22nd 2019, 06:17 PM
O.B.gene's Avatar
O.B.gene O.B.gene is offline
How Do You Do
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Southend, Essex
Posts: 25,782
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

__________________
"Just because you have the ability to post, doesn't mean you always should." Jill (2015)

Admin @FooFightersUK
Reply With Quote
  #81528  
Old August 22nd 2019, 07:59 PM
BigCol's Avatar
BigCol BigCol is offline
I don't have a cofee problem.
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London.
Posts: 7,213
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Oooooooh.
Reply With Quote
  #81529  
Old August 23rd 2019, 01:55 PM
Johnson_Foo's Avatar
Johnson_Foo Johnson_Foo is offline
Right down the drain I goÖ
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: South of England
Posts: 376
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Failure View Post
Always possible, but would have thought unlikely, especially given the whole Club NME thing that Dave did last week.

Given the focus on the weekend and its history in social media and the like however, I would point out that there is an awfully convenient hour gap in the lock up stage at Reading that isn't on the schedule for the same day at Leeds...Could mean anything, but I would certainly be keeping my eye on it.
Kasabian or Frank Turner secret set Iím hearing
Reply With Quote
  #81530  
Old August 23rd 2019, 02:15 PM
lharris92 lharris92 is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: england
Posts: 2,035
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson_Foo View Post
Kasabian or Frank Turner secret set Iím hearing
Frank Turner is in Kettering at a festival in the evening, it's possible but if there was issues with travel it could be a problem - he'd be more likely to pop up at that festival he's at for a small solo set.
__________________
Wembley Stadium, 6th June 2008
Milton Keynes, 2nd July 2011
Reading Festival, 26th August 2012
2014: House of Vans (11th September), Islington Assembly Hall (12th September), Invictus Games (14th September)
Wembley Stadium, 20th June 2015
o2 Arena, 19th September 2017
London Stadium, 22nd & 23rd June 2018
2019: Pula Arena (18th & 19th June), RDS Arena Dublin (21st August), Reading Festival (25th August)
Future: ... No One Knows
Reply With Quote
  #81531  
Old August 24th 2019, 11:53 PM
Epic Failure's Avatar
Epic Failure Epic Failure is offline
The Cookie Is A Lie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Heart of Transylvania
Posts: 27,879
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson_Foo View Post
Kasabian or Frank Turner secret set Iím hearing
Seems a bit unusual to put either of those on that stage, especially given they aren't at the festival already for an announced set.
__________________
Mutare Vel Timere Sperno
Reply With Quote
  #81532  
Old August 25th 2019, 12:01 AM
O.B.gene's Avatar
O.B.gene O.B.gene is offline
How Do You Do
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Southend, Essex
Posts: 25,782
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Failure View Post
Seems a bit unusual to put either of those on that stage, especially given they aren't at the festival already for an announced set.
Iím sure I saw a secret Green Day set in a tent a couple of years ago, without them playing anywhere else at the festival.
__________________
"Just because you have the ability to post, doesn't mean you always should." Jill (2015)

Admin @FooFightersUK
Reply With Quote
  #81533  
Old August 25th 2019, 08:07 AM
Johnson_Foo's Avatar
Johnson_Foo Johnson_Foo is offline
Right down the drain I goÖ
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: South of England
Posts: 376
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Failure View Post
Seems a bit unusual to put either of those on that stage, especially given they aren't at the festival already for an announced set.
QOTSA werenít the year they had theirs I donít think?
Reply With Quote
  #81534  
Old August 25th 2019, 09:02 AM
BigCol's Avatar
BigCol BigCol is offline
I don't have a cofee problem.
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London.
Posts: 7,213
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Yeah that slot can have anyone on it - didnít TCV play it also? Intriguing though.
Reply With Quote
  #81535  
Old August 25th 2019, 05:42 PM
Epic Failure's Avatar
Epic Failure Epic Failure is offline
The Cookie Is A Lie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Heart of Transylvania
Posts: 27,879
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
I’m sure I saw a secret Green Day set in a tent a couple of years ago, without them playing anywhere else at the festival.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson_Foo View Post
QOTSA weren’t the year they had theirs I don’t think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCol View Post
Yeah that slot can have anyone on it - didn’t TCV play it also? Intriguing though.
Sorry, I should have made my point clearer. Was meaning that it was not the bands themselves turning up at the festival that would be unusual, it would be those bands on the punk stage. My bad.

All three of Queens, Green Day and TCV were in the Radio 1 tent - much, much bigger. They also tend to put more indie things on either festival republic/radio 1, even with secret sets.

Usually when there has been a secret set on the Lock Up in the past it has been a band doing double duty who aren't going to draw as insane a crowd to a tiny tent (I've seen Nofx do it, for example) or a less well known band. The only reason I thought it could be the Foos is the history aspect.

Anyway, turns out it was Bring Me The Horizon.
__________________
Mutare Vel Timere Sperno
Reply With Quote
  #81536  
Old August 28th 2019, 08:45 AM
IamBec's Avatar
IamBec IamBec is offline
Be Kind. Never knowing who to believe
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Liverpool / London UK
Posts: 16,535
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Failure View Post
Sorry, I should have made my point clearer. Was meaning that it was not the bands themselves turning up at the festival that would be unusual, it would be those bands on the punk stage. My bad.

All three of Queens, Green Day and TCV were in the Radio 1 tent - much, much bigger. They also tend to put more indie things on either festival republic/radio 1, even with secret sets.

Usually when there has been a secret set on the Lock Up in the past it has been a band doing double duty who aren't going to draw as insane a crowd to a tiny tent (I've seen Nofx do it, for example) or a less well known band. The only reason I thought it could be the Foos is the history aspect.

Anyway, turns out it was Bring Me The Horizon.
There was also a Bullet for My Valentine secret set.

The same time as The Distillers...
__________________
Formally FooManiac4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie III View Post
T looks like he's been taking hat advice from Becky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie_Everlong View Post
If the Dingwalls Gig was a person, it would be Steven Fucking Seagal
Reply With Quote
  #81537  
Old August 28th 2019, 10:09 AM
lharris92 lharris92 is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: england
Posts: 2,035
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamBec View Post
There was also a Bullet for My Valentine secret set.

The same time as The Distillers...
Had I known it was Bullet at that point when I was watching the Distillers I would have vacated to the Pit...
__________________
Wembley Stadium, 6th June 2008
Milton Keynes, 2nd July 2011
Reading Festival, 26th August 2012
2014: House of Vans (11th September), Islington Assembly Hall (12th September), Invictus Games (14th September)
Wembley Stadium, 20th June 2015
o2 Arena, 19th September 2017
London Stadium, 22nd & 23rd June 2018
2019: Pula Arena (18th & 19th June), RDS Arena Dublin (21st August), Reading Festival (25th August)
Future: ... No One Knows
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.