Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 29th 2017, 06:45 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Default Re: 2015 20th Ann Tour Posters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo_R_U View Post
Camden, NJ Zoltron Mini Gobstopper 27/35. I finally got my hands on one of these gorgeous prints! It's in a protective Mylar sleeve for now.
Told Ya! lol
Glad to see it arrived in perfect shape. Have mail to reply to I know lol.
Old January 29th 2017, 07:34 AM
Good Grief

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
Told Ya! lol
Glad to see it arrived in perfect shape. Have mail to reply to I know lol.
Yeah no shit, I was worried sick about this one. You know the details
Old January 29th 2017, 08:00 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

My latest - not yet with me but mentioning as it's my final Sonic Highways 8 gig missing item. The official one ended up being the "guns" variant - but this was the original deal, made for the 7th and never remade for the 20th postponement. There's also an orange (if I recall right) variant of this one too that I believe was to be the Artists Print (so yeah still missing that) but this fills one huge gap in making my 2014 set complete.

Held off at 250, 200, 150... waited as the watchers all piled on then yep $100 and done
http://www.ebay.com/itm/112277381454?

Foo Fighters Austin City Limits Moody Theater Taping Pink Gig Poster.

Old January 30th 2017, 02:41 AM
I'm a page torn from a broken spine

Nice pick up!

Last edited by MattYoung1 : January 30th 2017 at 02:45 AM.
Old February 3rd 2017, 12:43 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

This one is weird for a number of reasons. It's like 3/4 size or even 3/5 of a normal poster. There's a plain green on white gig variant of 280 that has sold for really low money several times and then practically vanished.

The foil variant has come up of only 35 and all I've seen sold are under 20. And they look boring as hell in the auction listings despite pretty nice art work - just lots of green and a silver background - kinda OK but ho hum. Pop-up shop foil and gig poster apparently - yet nobody seems to have any idea on the artist. Numbered but not signed. So it could be Morning Breath but I never saw anything about it anywhere officially on any poster site.

One has bounced around at $350
http://www.ebay.com/itm/332110978631

One sold at well over $200 in between, and a damaged one at just under $200.

Because it was for two days, and for LA Forum (hometown these days) and super low number I pushed out an offer of $120 on this $139 one and was a bit surprised it was accepted, but then there was nothing to say it great either.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/182366359679

So I still wasn't even sure it was worth that other than the number telling me it kinda had to be.

Anyway, besides the fact I still have no clear idea on the artist, it's arrived. It's definitely a real poster and it's one of the most position sensitive foils I've ever seen. It goes green/clear-silver/yellow/purple all over the place as you move it. Took a bunch of photos and I'll throw up two sets of four - they still don't really capture it properly, but just look how the same area in many photos is just totally different in colour.

So anyway if you see one at the lower end price then yeah it's quite different and there's probably no way an auction will show you how it actually looks lol. After an hour of looking at it I'm starting to wonder even more just what the hell it was - even whether it was some kind of special deal for LA that nobody gave any inside info about. Compared to everything else it's very odd really how low key it seems to have been info wise.

Old February 3rd 2017, 12:46 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Last four pics

Old February 12th 2017, 04:19 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

And proof that while I can spot a lot of subtle things in auction pictures, I don't always get there in the end... others saw this too and the bidding got hot in the last 10 seconds. $235 was still arguably pretty good, but more than it was worth to me.

EMEK Wrigley Field Artist Proof (A/P) hidden in the images of a poster listed very plainly as "Emek Foo Fighters Wrigley Field 2015". Looks like another example of a lucky punter that ordered a numbered Artist Print and was sent and A/P by EMEK.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262844301124

Old February 12th 2017, 05:30 PM
Good Grief

Quote:
And proof that while I can spot a lot of subtle things in auction pictures, I don't always get there in the end... others saw this too and the bidding got hot in the last 10 seconds. $235 was still arguably pretty good, but more than it was worth to me.

EMEK Wrigley Field Artist Proof (A/P) hidden in the images of a poster listed very plainly as "Emek Foo Fighters Wrigley Field 2015". Looks like another example of a lucky punter that ordered a numbered Artist Print and was sent and A/P by EMEK.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262844301124

Yup, I saw this right when it was listed and first thing I noticed was it's an A/P. Seller originally had a buy it now for $225 and it was tempting. Once I saw someone bid on it I decided to let it go. Yeah whoever owned this was sent a nice gem from EMEK. Might have been purchased through the wishlist too. Congrats to winner of this auction

EDIT: This poster is even more unique that I originally thought. It's the only A/P I've seen, it's embossed and all the extra writing was done in white space at the bottom. All the originals, Artist editions and Foils I've seen have the writing/numbering in the brown space above the white. Pretty cool

Last edited by Foo_R_U : February 12th 2017 at 05:36 PM.
Old February 12th 2017, 05:40 PM
Good Grief

Quote:
Last four pics

Now that you've posted these awesome pics I'm really digging this poster! Awesome find brother and maybe one day we'll figure out who the artist is?
Old February 13th 2017, 02:36 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Now that you've posted these awesome pics I'm really digging this poster! Awesome find brother and maybe one day we'll figure out who the artist is?
Yeah I don't believe I've seen a foil before where any one part (like the grave stone here for instance) has been a whole five different colours depending on how you hold it.

It does strike me as really odd that for a poster that covers two gigs and is the bands home city venue - nobody seems to know the artist lol. Still I know by September I was pretty burned out - and I wasn't even touring
Old February 13th 2017, 02:45 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Yup, I saw this right when it was listed and first thing I noticed was it's an A/P. Seller originally had a buy it now for $225 and it was tempting. Once I saw someone bid on it I decided to let it go. Yeah whoever owned this was sent a nice gem from EMEK. Might have been purchased through the wishlist too. Congrats to winner of this auction

EDIT: This poster is even more unique that I originally thought. It's the only A/P I've seen, it's embossed and all the extra writing was done in white space at the bottom. All the originals, Artist editions and Foils I've seen have the writing/numbering in the brown space above the white. Pretty cool
Oh gee thanks - that edit that just made my day after winning this yesterday - oh no wait...

It's funny the things you see when you look at something a 3rd and 4th time isn't it. How the fuck did I not notice THAT before etc. $225 was pretty on the money as a buy now. Though I would have hesitated too - because it's right in that "it's worth that, but is it really worth that to ME, NOW, vs the other stuff I want. Then you miss out and go damn it it prob was lol.

Oh well on to the next one. There are EMEK highway, bridge and money foils that still currently have incorrect owners
Old March 1st 2017, 11:52 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

For anyone that might still be interested - Dave Birthday Los Angeles January 10, 2015 Forum poster 182/500 up for sale for $100 Buy Now

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182471921726?
Old March 20th 2017, 12:14 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Original Moody Theater signed & numbered pink gig poster for the 7th Nov 2014 before the reschedule to the 20th.

Still not really sure what happened here - it's weird on several levels. There's an orange one too - also of 300. But actually it seems pink got 1-150 and orange 151-300.

Which is all well and good, but why did the final Morning Breath poster get used as the promo gig poster even BEFORE the date change - as you can see THAT poster image was used by the band on twitter etc with the 7th date, and full images went up everywhere in blue - and then changed to the 20th in white AFTER the family event interruption.

The white 20th MB poster went out at the gig. Was the 7th one really blue? Nobody knows. And the pink and orange editions from the artists Mark Pedini & Jared Connor @ Mexican Chocolate slid quietly into the sunset, some sold direct by Empire Press in Austin in July 2015.

"Black ink on French Orange Fizz or Razzle Berry 100lb paper. 18x24". These are all that remain of the edition of 300."

Where the rest went... ???

ACL themselves still have the pink poster as the gig variant. It's on for the WTF book.
http://acltv.com/artist/foo-fighters/

Old June 19th 2017, 10:16 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

2015 Calgary Foil - $24.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/172730843312?

Old June 22nd 2017, 10:34 AM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
2015 Calgary Foil - $24.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/172730843312?

Old October 26th 2017, 04:32 AM
Good Grief

Two more RFK 20th Anniversary gems framed. Gotta make some space on the wall for these.

Old October 26th 2017, 09:47 AM
Have you found your way around

Nice
House of Vans, 11th September 2014
Islington Assembly Hall, 12th September 2014
Invictus Games, 14th September 2014
Wembley Stadium, 20th June 2015
o2 Arena, 19th September 2017
London Stadium, 22nd & 23rd June 2018
Future: Pula?
Old October 26th 2017, 09:54 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Two more RFK 20th Anniversary gems framed. Gotta make some space on the wall for these.
Mutter mutter .... freaking Ahole with a shattered AP...mutter mutter

Dude they look awesome - and the choice of matching frames doesn't escape me either - very very cool
Old October 26th 2017, 02:44 PM
Good Grief

Quote:
Mutter mutter .... freaking Ahole with a shattered AP...mutter mutter

Dude they look awesome - and the choice of matching frames doesn't escape me either - very very cool
Thanks guys!

Haha yeah I actually forgot that the shattered is an AP till I removed it from the tube. Hard to believe it’s been over 2 years since I last saw it.

All of my other framed posters are in black frames and I wanted to do something different with these. I thought matching frames would look bad but to my surprise it works pretty damn good for me
Old November 20th 2017, 09:04 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Getting there slowly with the ones I really wanted and missed. Where the hell are all the posters this awesome this tour?

EMEK Citi Field July 2015 Foil 14 of 20