Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 14th 2010, 02:40 PM
Never knowing who to believe

F#@K Happy 5th Anniversay "In Your Honour"

Friday is the BIG 5th Anniversary of the Roswell Show!!
the LOVE you make."
My only Foo Show
June 18, 2005 Roswell, New Mexico
Old June 14th 2010, 02:43 PM
Cause everyone's just too weird

Default Re: Happy 5th Anniversay "In Your Honour"

Honor
Old June 14th 2010, 02:45 PM

F#@K Re: Happy 5th Anniversay "In Your Honour"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leecy View Post
Honor
I got the British Import.
the LOVE you make."
My only Foo Show
Old June 14th 2010, 03:10 PM
Been here since before you were born

Honour just looks...righter.

lol
|04/03/96 Concert Hall|07/07/97 Warehouse|10/11/97 Arrow Hall|07/01/98 Molson Park|08/11/00 Molson Park|10/28/02 Much Music|10/29/02 Opera House|07/07/03 Arrow Hall|07/19/03 Sarnia Bayfest|06/16/05 Edge Studio|06/16/05 Lee's Palace|08/13/05 Molson Amph|08/23/06 Hummingbird Centre|11/07/06 ACC|03/20/08 John Labatt Centre|03/22/08 ACC|04/14/11 Nick Dude's Garage|08/09/11 ACC|09/25/11 HSBC Arena|07/08-9/15 Molson Amph|07/12/18 SkyDome|
Old June 14th 2010, 03:54 PM
Everywhere But Home

aww I actually got to see Foo Fighters play a small show (audience was like 25 or 50 people!) in FUSE studios in NYC on the day that In Your Honor came out.

What an amazing WEEK actually... June 18 special Roswell, New Mexico 10th anniversary show was an HONOR to be at!! I can never thank foos enough for that one.

And I can't believe it's been 5 years since 24 hours of Foo either June 11 and 12, 2005 which I also was at!!!!

that week was some of the coolest foo stuff I've ever been to. <3

I just still can't believe that week happened... hoenstly I'll never get over my foo high from that week haha.
Old June 14th 2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
aww the album came out today, June 14. I actually got to see Foo Fighters play a small show (audience was like 25 or 50 people!) in FUSE studios in NYC on the day that In Your Honor came out.

What an amazing WEEK actually... June 18 special Roswell, New Mexico 10th anniversary show was an HONOR to be at!! I can never thank foos enough for that one.

And I can't believe it's been 5 years since 24 hours of Foo either June 11 and 12, 2005 which I also was at!!!!

I just still can't believe that week happened... hoenstly I'll never get over my foo high from that week haha.
You could only imagine how I felt being from Roswell. The mostest awesomest rock show EVAR in Roswell. Rhapsody.com almost didn't give us locals any tix. I was able to "persuade" them to fork over about 100 tix.
the LOVE you make."
My only Foo Show
Old June 14th 2010, 04:01 PM
Everywhere But Home

that was really cool.
Old June 14th 2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyroo View Post
Honour just looks...righter.

lol
Not if you're American.
Old June 14th 2010, 04:25 PM

Setlist from Roswell Show.

In Your Honor
The Last Song
Learn To Fly
Free Me
My Hero
Best Of You
Times Like These
Breakout
Miracle
Stacked Actors
Everlong
Monkey Wrench
All My Life
End Over End
This Is A Call
the LOVE you make."
My only Foo Show
Old June 14th 2010, 04:55 PM
The Holy Shits' #1 fan

wow. Doesn't seem that long ago. I remember watching the Roswell stream and going berserk during the new songs they were playing.

October 15, 2005 - Worcester, MA
August 22, 2006 - Boston, MA (Acoustic Tour)
October 9, 2007 - Glens Falls, NY
February 18, 2008 - Worcester, MA
March 17, 2008 - Montreal, QC (St. Patty's Day with the Foos)
June 20, 2014 - Dover, DE Firefly Music Festival
July 4, 2015 - Washington, D.C. (20th Anniversary)
July 18, 2015 - Boston, MA (Fenway Park)
Old June 14th 2010, 05:01 PM
Have you found your way around

Love that performance, wish I could have been there.

End Over End has a great extended outro, and I looove that electric version of Miracle. At the start of Miracle it sounds like Dave is doing a PG-rated Josh Homme attack rant.
Old June 14th 2010, 05:09 PM
Yawn.

Thanks for getting those links together, Tony. <3
my friend told me i should hve 120 babies tonight and i was like no &*ckiing way man that would ruin ky vagina and it would turn into like a wizard sleeve and flap at every slifght breeze of and babies are way gross
Old June 14th 2010, 05:21 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
aww I actually got to see Foo Fighters play a small show (audience was like 25 or 50 people!) in FUSE studios in NYC on the day that In Your Honor came out.

Name a show you haven't been to.
Old June 14th 2010, 06:02 PM
I'll Stick Around

Thanks for this
Old June 14th 2010, 07:04 PM
Everywhere But Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelski24 View Post
Name a show you haven't been to.
oh, there's plenty. but that week was really special! Roswell was first time I saw them opening In Your Honor live and it was amazing.

I have to giggle to myself - I just found the part of the show where Dave first saw me in Roswell - at the end of the My Hero clip at around 6:28 when he is saying that they flew a bunch of weirdos from around the country to come see them play he is scanning the front row with eyes and he spots me and says, "EVEN YOU oh my lord" and points! yep that was me. waving back at him. hahaha. hilarious timing that he first saw me as he was saying that I was front row on Shiftys side, naturally.

I surprised BB by not telling him that I won the Roswell trip. I snuck up on him at the gig. I don't know if he was really all that surprised hehe... he said he'd seen me at more FF shows than anyone. BB took this photo of me and put it up in his blog at the time with a little paragraph about me.
http://www.bbandhisfob.com/images/In...e/DSC00271.JPG
I saved the little blurb that he wrote about me and BB also put a writeup that I wrote about the roswell gig up on his website.

I have posted this multiple times but these are some of the photos from our Roswell trip:
http://stupidkrazykarl.smugmug.com/gallery/605310

www.foofightersinroswell.com appears to no longer exist -it had the video of the show up and lots of fan photos from the trip.

I just found my old myspace blogs about these special gigs from that week...
and see this: and so during the FUSE tv show performance the day the album came out dave said "we have a record coming out... today! its out today! and he looked back at the rest of the band. then to the fans, "evertyone has the album right?"

and i was right up front, (there were only about 30 fans that got to be there) and i mouthed to him "i dont have it yet" and hes like YOU you should have had it at midnight. hah so true.

I didnt tell them that I actually had heard the album early (wont say how) but didnt have the actual album yet. shh. then Taylor told some story about camping out overnight for an album release- i cant remember what band/album!!

I have stuff that Risa and I recapped at the time about our FABULOUS time. we had SUCH a blast on the Roswell trip. it was one of the most fun I've had on a trip ever. two words for Risa that always are associated with our flight - "CHEEETOOOSS" and "TAYLERRR" lol - the guy next to us did not know the names of the band members and we were playing foo bingo on the flight out. so we had these bingo cards with foo faces on them lol and the guy writes down Tayler and im dying cause he didnt even spell it right. had to be there. fun times. bingo card- http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/e_dawg/bingo.jpg

oh and at FUSE we saw Cold Day in the Sun - rough version - peformed live for hte first time ever and we were just about dying.

in the 24 hours of foo acoustic audience i was just about dying too. and their new (at the time) security guard Bailey noticed and introduced himself to me and said something to me about how he saw how much fun I was having. He greeted us as we got off the plane in Roswell and came up to us saying he was so happy that we got to go to Roswell cause he knew we were having the time of our lives in NYC. that was really sweet of him.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/e_dawg/ffbag.jpg

http://stupidkrazykarl.smugmug.com/p...25530289-M.jpg

this stuff rules
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...wg/goodies.jpg

Last edited by Emily : June 14th 2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old June 14th 2010, 07:32 PM

Ahh General Foo, its been too long...

Anyways, the Roswell show was the first FF show I watched and the first rock album I bought and really got into. I kicked my sister off the computer so I could watch the Roswell concert; I told her it was something "important".... good times the Summer of 2005.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1169 View Post
Thats such a nice penis, good job.
formerly known as Foo_Revolution92... may Foo_Revolution R.I.P

Last FM: Music keeps me sane
Old June 14th 2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:
oh, there's plenty. but that week was really special! Roswell was first time I saw them opening In Your Honor live and it was amazing.

I have to giggle to myself - I just found the part of the show where Dave first saw me in Roswell - at the end of the My Hero clip at around 6:28 when he is saying that they flew a bunch of weirdos from around the country to come see them play he is scanning the front row with eyes and he spots me and says, "EVEN YOU oh my lord" and points! yep that was me. waving back at him. hahaha. hilarious timing that he first saw me as he was saying that I was front row on Shiftys side, naturally.

I surprised BB by not telling him that I won the Roswell trip. I snuck up on him at the gig. I don't know if he was really all that surprised hehe... he said he'd seen me at more FF shows than anyone. BB took this photo of me and put it up in his blog at the time with a little paragraph about me.
http://www.bbandhisfob.com/images/In...e/DSC00271.JPG
I saved the little blurb that he wrote about me and BB also put a writeup that I wrote about the roswell gig up on his website.

I have posted this multiple times but these are some of the photos from our Roswell trip:
http://stupidkrazykarl.smugmug.com/gallery/605310

www.foofightersinroswell.com appears to no longer exist -it had the video of the show up and lots of fan photos from the trip.

I just found my old myspace blogs about these special gigs from that week...
and see this: and so during the FUSE tv show performance the day the album came out dave said "we have a record coming out... today! its out today! and he looked back at the rest of the band. then to the fans, "evertyone has the album right?"

and i was right up front, (there were only about 30 fans that got to be there) and i mouthed to him "i dont have it yet" and hes like YOU you should have had it at midnight. hah so true.

I didnt tell them that I actually had heard the album early (wont say how) but didnt have the actual album yet. shh. then Taylor told some story about camping out overnight for an album release- i cant remember what band/album!!

I have stuff that Risa and I recapped at the time about our FABULOUS time. we had SUCH a blast on the Roswell trip. it was one of the most fun I've had on a trip ever. two words for Risa that always are associated with our flight - "CHEEETOOOSS" and "TAYLERRR" lol - the guy next to us did not know the names of the band members and we were playing foo bingo on the flight out. so we had these bingo cards with foo faces on them lol and the guy writes down Tayler and im dying cause he didnt even spell it right. had to be there. fun times. bingo card- http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/e_dawg/bingo.jpg

oh and at FUSE we saw Cold Day in the Sun - rough version - peformed live for hte first time ever and we were just about dying.

in the 24 hours of foo acoustic audience i was just about dying too. and their new (at the time) security guard Bailey noticed and introduced himself to me and said something to me about how he saw how much fun I was having. He greeted us as we got off the plane in Roswell and came up to us saying he was so happy that we got to go to Roswell cause he knew we were having the time of our lives in NYC. that was really sweet of him.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/e_dawg/ffbag.jpg

http://stupidkrazykarl.smugmug.com/p...25530289-M.jpg

this stuff rules
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...wg/goodies.jpg
I still have my glow-in-the-dark t-shirt from the show. I rarely wear it so it will last. Can't wait to see the Foo's again. Plan on wearing it then.

I had just started at the radio station in Roswell June 1. It was my 3rd station in 13 years on the air here. I couldn't believe they were coming to town. We NEVAR have rock acts come here let alone a huge one like the Foos. Threatened to tell everyone in Roswell where the show was gonna be so they could crash it if Rhapsody didn't fork over some tix. Didn't want to play hardball, but they forced my hand. I was kinda miserable for the show. Was just getting over a bad case of the hives. Took some penicillin and had a bad reaction. Still wouldn't change it for the world.
the LOVE you make."
My only Foo Show
Old June 14th 2010, 08:43 PM
In too deep

5 whole years since Dave squatted down and unleashed that utter arse gravy of the worst kind.
Old June 14th 2010, 08:51 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
5 whole years since Dave squatted down and unleashed that utter arse gravy of the worst kind.
So I guess this is your favorite Foo album?
Old June 14th 2010, 09:57 PM
Looking for a sign of life

Thanks! Those were great