Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Frequent Post Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 25th 2011, 06:45 AM
I'll Stick Around

Default Re: Have you ever met the Foo Fighters (or one of them) face to face?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostrocker815 View Post
MET DAVE ON TUESDAY!!

At the auckland CHCH charity show. Just by an amazing stroke of luck me and about 10 others got to meet Dave. Best moment of my life.
Pre or post show?

- 28/01/2003 Gold Coast Big Day Out
- 28/11/2005 Brisbane Entertainment Centre
- 01/12/2005 Sydney Superdome
- 03/10/2006 Sydney Opera House
- 29/04/2008 Brisbane Entertainment Centre
- 27/03/2011 Brisbane Riverstage
- 10/12/2011 Metricon Stadium, Gold Coast
- 24/02/2015 Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
- 25/01/2018 Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Old March 25th 2011, 07:42 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Johnny Generator View Post
Pre or post show?
PRE show
We found out when they were coming in and waited for about an hour, the security were real cool and said we could stay as long as we didnt rush at the band. They put up a barrier and there was about 12 of us lined up on it. Two cars pulled up and we could see dave in the 2nd car. We thought he might just wave but he got out and we all yelled DAVE and he came over and signed stuff. Signed my arm, I got it tattooed
He was so nice. *Sighs*

He actually looks kinda different in person, smaller than I thought and he looks really young up close
Old March 25th 2011, 03:43 PM
Everywhere But Home

ok this is totally random but just came to me... the first time I met Shifty in person was at Roseland Ballroom, NYC in 2000. We were on that VIP side stage and i SWEAR I recall NATE being on that stage, as well as a Ramone (marky??) and for some reason I recall NATE being dressed in an ELVIS like jumpsuit?? what the fuck was I on or did this happen? I have no clue why Nate would be dressed up like this but i really remember this happening... anyway so I'm standing there and I realize that Shiflett is like two feet away so I went up to him and held out my hand, I can't really remember what happened but not much was said because it was SO loud, QOTSA may have been on stage at the time and we couldn't hear each other. I think he was just putting his finger to his ear and mouthing that he couldn't hear me and I was probably kinda speechless anyway. so I wonder if anyone can verify for me whether in fact Nate would have been dressed up in a crazy Elvis type outfit or did i completely make this up or see something wrong? LOL. wow... crazy. i know. i don't know! i will try and see if i hav anythign written down in journal from then and see if i did in fact write that nate was dressed in weird outfit.... or have i totally fallen of the rocker. im sure i have already...
Old March 26th 2011, 07:49 AM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
so I wonder if anyone can verify for me whether in fact Nate would have been dressed up in a crazy Elvis type outfit or did i completely make this up or see something wrong?
AHAHA! i was there, wish i could help but that doesn't ring a bell. but it is a hilarious thought

"Dave has a crush on Taylor" ~Howard Stern 4.11.11
Old March 28th 2011, 03:20 PM
Everywhere But Home

I can ask my friend Amanda... she was with me at the time so MAYBE she'll have some sort of lucid recollection lol
Old March 28th 2011, 03:28 PM

That's so funny if it did happen and after seeing the White Limo video, I honestly wouldn't put something like that past Nate. I hope your friend can confirm this Emily and some pictures surface, because that would be hilarious.
Queens of the Stone Age - 20th May 2011

Josh, talking about the gig: "'Coz it's a f-cking party right? Well it's not, but that's how you really get to know somebody!"
"If I should vanish, don't get caught off guard."
"No need to enlighten me, the words shine right through your eyes."
"Our long slow goodbye."
pearlofangels89's Taylor
Old March 29th 2011, 10:50 AM
Fuck it all, I came from nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
ok this is totally random but just came to me... the first time I met Shifty in person was at Roseland Ballroom, NYC in 2000. We were on that VIP side stage and i SWEAR I recall NATE being on that stage, as well as a Ramone (marky??) and for some reason I recall NATE being dressed in an ELVIS like jumpsuit?? what the fuck was I on or did this happen? I have no clue why Nate would be dressed up like this but i really remember this happening... anyway so I'm standing there and I realize that Shiflett is like two feet away so I went up to him and held out my hand, I can't really remember what happened but not much was said because it was SO loud, QOTSA may have been on stage at the time and we couldn't hear each other. I think he was just putting his finger to his ear and mouthing that he couldn't hear me and I was probably kinda speechless anyway. so I wonder if anyone can verify for me whether in fact Nate would have been dressed up in a crazy Elvis type outfit or did i completely make this up or see something wrong? LOL. wow... crazy. i know. i don't know! i will try and see if i hav anythign written down in journal from then and see if i did in fact write that nate was dressed in weird outfit.... or have i totally fallen of the rocker. im sure i have already...
Haha I definitely don't remember this but I only went to the 2nd night at Roseland. Was this from the show on 11/12/00?

___________________________________live.
Old April 16th 2011, 03:53 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Hey peeps! Newbie here...just posting wherever and however i can to get to know some of you craZy kids!

This past Tuesday I had standby tickets for the Letterman show (NOT the concert afterwards, just the taping of Late Night) and I got in.

Stroke of luck for sure,, because I'm the poster child for the whole "black cloud" syndrome. No. SERIOUSLY.

Anyway..I got in and it was phenomenal. Blew my mind...especially the surprise that they were going to play Everlong after the show wrapped for Dave Letterman. SCORE!!

After the show, as I was walking around the block i saw people just kind of milling around the stage door and decided to see what was up. I'm sooo glad i did because I ended up bumping into (LITERALLY) Pat, Nate, and Rami..the keyboardist.

They might just be the NICEST bunch of dudes I've ever met. Down to earth, smart, funny, and just willing to chill and talk with the fans for a bit. That was my experience atleast.

I have photos, but i don't think i can post them until i've established myself round these parts, correct??!!!
Old April 16th 2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJules View Post
Hey peeps! Newbie here...just posting wherever and however i can to get to know some of you craZy kids!

This past Tuesday I had standby tickets for the Letterman show (NOT the concert afterwards, just the taping of Late Night) and I got in.

Stroke of luck for sure,, because I'm the poster child for the whole "black cloud" syndrome. No. SERIOUSLY.

Anyway..I got in and it was phenomenal. Blew my mind...especially the surprise that they were going to play Everlong after the show wrapped for Dave Letterman. SCORE!!

After the show, as I was walking around the block i saw people just kind of milling around the stage door and decided to see what was up. I'm sooo glad i did because I ended up bumping into (LITERALLY) Pat, Nate, and Rami..the keyboardist.

They might just be the NICEST bunch of dudes I've ever met. Down to earth, smart, funny, and just willing to chill and talk with the fans for a bit. That was my experience atleast.

I have photos, but i don't think i can post them until i've established myself round these parts, correct??!!!
Nice. I was there 2. Met Pat and Nate. Rami I left alone. There was some crazy photographer chatting with Rami for like 45 to an hour. I got into the webcast show later that night. Dave came out however didn't get to take a picture with him. There was some sick mofo trying to get into pictures with other people with Dave and attempted to rub Dave's stomach. He shouted his attentions and he did it. Letterman security held the sick mofo back. He had the nerve to follow me after helping someone getting a picture with Dave and wanted to see if I took a picture of him rubbing Dave's belly. Where was the security? They should have put him to the ground and thrown him in the looney van via NYPD.
Old April 17th 2011, 03:22 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Talking Re: Have you ever met the Foo Fighters (or one of them) face to face?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of Brad Nut View Post
Nice. I was there 2. Met Pat and Nate. Rami I left alone. There was some crazy photographer chatting with Rami for like 45 to an hour. I got into the webcast show later that night. Dave came out however didn't get to take a picture with him. There was some sick mofo trying to get into pictures with other people with Dave and attempted to rub Dave's stomach. He shouted his attentions and he did it. Letterman security held the sick mofo back. He had the nerve to follow me after helping someone getting a picture with Dave and wanted to see if I took a picture of him rubbing Dave's belly. Where was the security? They should have put him to the ground and thrown him in the looney van via NYPD.
GET THE HELLL OUTTA HERE!! Both to you being there and to the whacko rubbing Dave's belly. And I know EXACTLY who you are talking about..there was an older woman with red hair that kept asking who the guests were on Letterman..and how do you spell their names..and was just a bit odd. No doubt I saw you then..because I hung around for awhile.

I'm reluctant to tell you what i look like because I fear you might have some sorted story about me. "Oh, yeah...YOU'RE the annoying one that wouldn't shutup, etc." lol

I wasn't too crazy though..I kinda hung back a bit and just took it all in. I was even questioning approaching both PaT and Nate..but my "this may be your only chance" vibe kicked in..and I went for it. I'm glad I did..they were both VERY nice.

Thnks for responding!!
Old April 17th 2011, 10:53 PM
Visiting is pretty...

The first Foo Fighters show I saw was at the UBC Student Rec Centre in '97 (in Vancouver). Dave Grohl did a pre-concert radio interview with 99.3 the Fox and they played it over a PA system so everyone could hear. After it was done he signed autographs. I ran up there and gave him a highfive and he signed the back of my ticket. I guess I met him, but all of that probably occured in the span of 5-10 seconds. I guess it pays off to show up to a concert before the opening band comes on (which was Talk Show, which was STP with out scott weiland, which was kind of meh ).
Old April 17th 2011, 11:03 PM

Quote:
GET THE HELLL OUTTA HERE!! Both to you being there and to the whacko rubbing Dave's belly. And I know EXACTLY who you are talking about..there was an older woman with red hair that kept asking who the guests were on Letterman..and how do you spell their names..and was just a bit odd. No doubt I saw you then..because I hung around for awhile.

I'm reluctant to tell you what i look like because I fear you might have some sorted story about me. "Oh, yeah...YOU'RE the annoying one that wouldn't shutup, etc." lol

I wasn't too crazy though..I kinda hung back a bit and just took it all in. I was even questioning approaching both PaT and Nate..but my "this may be your only chance" vibe kicked in..and I went for it. I'm glad I did..they were both VERY nice.

Thnks for responding!!
Haha! I was there as well, and I know who you are talking about too. I felt so bad for Rami, he was sitting there being so nice listening to her. When he finally went back inside the woman asked "who was he?"...all she said is that he is very cute. I told her who he was and then said that he was a really nice guy. Nate came out too, and the same woman asked him if she could take a picture of him and after she did she said that she didn't know who he was either.
Old April 18th 2011, 04:00 AM

Quote:

i was there too! i got standby for letterman, so i most definitely saw you at the taping! haha i managed to get into the show after, too, which was amazing

i didn't stick around after the show for very long because i met Dave and Taylor when I was 16 (lol feels like a million years ago) and I don't know if anything could ever top how amazing that was for me at the time hahaha
Old April 18th 2011, 02:13 PM
Visiting is pretty...

DANG IT!!

I'm kind of kicking myself now for not sticking around..it seems that a bunch of people were able to get into the show afterwards also. Ah well, whaddya gonna do??!!

@ Ali-and how great for you to have met Taylor and Dave when you were 16. Being a teenager and meeting your idols is up there in the book "I ROCK."
Old April 18th 2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:

Thnks for responding!!
It was a guy. He wanted my Letterman ticket into the gig after it happened. He claimed that he sneaked into the gig and wanted to trade it for a Foo Fighters guitar pick. Heck no!!!
Old April 18th 2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfpandas View Post
i was there too! i got standby for letterman, so i most definitely saw you at the taping! haha i managed to get into the show after, too, which was amazing

i didn't stick around after the show for very long because i met Dave and Taylor when I was 16 (lol feels like a million years ago) and I don't know if anything could ever top how amazing that was for me at the time hahaha
Are you Risa'a friend? If so, then I met you when we were in line to see the concert.
Old April 18th 2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfpandas View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista View Post
Are you Risa'a friend? If so, then I met you when we were in line to see the concert.
yeah! we were all standing in line together watching all the VIPS go in first ha

"Dave has a crush on Taylor" ~Howard Stern 4.11.11
Old April 18th 2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Grohl View Post
yeah! we were all standing in line together watching all the VIPS go in first ha
That was sad/hard to do. Haha!
Old April 18th 2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
@ Ali-and how great for you to have met Taylor and Dave when you were 16. Being a teenager and meeting your idols is up there in the book "I ROCK."
haha seriously it was the greatest thing and the perfect time in my life for that to happen. I'd love to get a more updated photo hahaha but the smile on my face from that picture is so fucking genuine that I love it even though I was rained on and gross by the time I met Dave hahahaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista View Post
YES! it was so good to meet you!! i love meeting fellow foo fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Grohl View Post
oh god I was honestly TERRIFIED that we somehow would get sent home because there were so many damn VIPs! I was like oh god oh god oh god did they just let people in here in case there was room... what if we have to go home.. after standing in the rain.. and after I almost went crazy trying to get in.. haha so glad it worked out because that was one of the best shows I've been to in yeaaars!
Old April 18th 2011, 09:27 PM
I'll Stick Around

I'm praying that the Foos take time before or after the Tulsa and Memphis shows to meet fans. I'll probably try to meet them.

Concerts I've been to:
NSYNC (don't remember date, I was 4 yrs old)

Foo Fighters in Tulsa 5-17-11
Foo Fighters in Memphis 5-20-11