Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 11th 2011, 03:30 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: Tulsa in May

Hi, new to the forums (but definitely not the Foos). I'll hopefully be in the pit. I'm waiting 20 minutes until my Ebay bid expires haha
I have a photo pass for the show, so I'll be able to share the pics after the gig.

Edit: Nevermind, didn't win the bid! Hopefully I'll win the one tomorrow or just find a ticket. I'll find a way!
MTVu Woodie Awards '11 (Uh, does that count?)
Tulsa '11

Last edited by klock : May 11th 2011 at 03:56 AM.
Old May 12th 2011, 09:37 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by klock View Post
Hi, new to the forums (but definitely not the Foos). I'll hopefully be in the pit. I'm waiting 20 minutes until my Ebay bid expires haha
I have a photo pass for the show, so I'll be able to share the pics after the gig.

Edit: Nevermind, didn't win the bid! Hopefully I'll win the one tomorrow or just find a ticket. I'll find a way!
Can't wait to see your pics. That'll be cool. I hope you can win a bid soon.
I'll also be at the show.
And welcome to the forums.

Concerts I've been to:
NSYNC (don't remember date, I was 4 yrs old)

Foo Fighters in Tulsa 5-17-11
Foo Fighters in Memphis 5-20-11
Old May 13th 2011, 02:22 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickNickNick View Post
Can't wait to see your pics. That'll be cool. I hope you can win a bid soon.
I'll also be at the show.
And welcome to the forums.
Thanks! I ended up buying a $35 ticket that's in the 300s section, but it's better than nothing! I'm on a tight budget, so that was probably the smartest option.
Tulsa '11
Old May 13th 2011, 03:40 PM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Thanks! I ended up buying a $35 ticket that's in the 300s section, but it's better than nothing! I'm on a tight budget, so that was probably the smartest option.
Whoah, I can't believe the value out in Tulsa, I'm hopin' Cali tickets will be in same ballpark, but you know we're gonna go see 'em no matter what.

Enjoy the show, I'm sure, with Motorhead along- It'll be quite great! :>
Old May 13th 2011, 07:47 PM
I'll Stick Around

I have to work that day so I'm hoping to leave early. It's a 4 hour drive from work. The boss is usually pretty good about letting us leave early as long as our shit is done. Can't effin wait!
Old May 14th 2011, 12:12 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by legolas120 View Post
Trying to think of a good time to do this. Since we are on the floor we want to attempt a good spot up front. So it looks like our time will be spent waiting in line, sigh.

Then afterwards I wonder what will be open on a late Tuesday night in Tulsa. After might be the best shot if we can find a spot to grab a drink or something.

All that to say, yeah, we would love to meet up if time allows and we have a good spot.

Ideas? Isn't someone going that knows Tulsa?
Several bars/restaurants within blocks open til 2am
Old May 14th 2011, 12:13 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by true2foo View Post
There have to be more people going...seriously?!?!

1 - Rhonda tx
2 - Mike 2 and sis
3 - Legolas and wife
4 - True2foo and friend
5 - texasprankster
6 - NickNickNick
As I said before, I'm there...
Old May 14th 2011, 12:26 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Trying to think of a good time to do this. Since we are on the floor we want to attempt a good spot up front. So it looks like our time will be spent waiting in line, sigh.

Then afterwards I wonder what will be open on a late Tuesday night in Tulsa. After might be the best shot if we can find a spot to grab a drink or something.

All that to say, yeah, we would love to meet up if time allows and we have a good spot.

Ideas? Isn't someone going that knows Tulsa?
I live a few blocks from the venue, however, I am working the load out after the show, which they are saying will be at midnight?!, so I won't be out until after 2am...
Old May 14th 2011, 01:56 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvpttrsn View Post
I live a few blocks from the venue, however, I am working the load out after the show, which they are saying will be at midnight?!, so I won't be out until after 2am...
New here, and I'm taking my brother, his wife and daughter (my niece) to this show. I live about 8 miles from the venue, but have been to this arena no less than 70 times in two years (minor league hockey).

For those of you who bought seats in the 300s, they're a bit narrow and the steps up are steep. The building has HUGE concourses and the food is pretty good. There will be a minor league ballgame also happening on the other side of downtown. Good thing, is that parking is plentiful and usually not difficult to be had within four or five blocks of the arena. Two pretty good sized covered multilevels (one has 1600 spots, the other has 1000) within two blocks.

There are several bars/restaurants that are within walking distance (no more than eight blocks) of the venue. My faves:

McNellies - huge beer selection; over 300 varieties. Best sweet potato fries you'll ever have.

El Guapo's - good Mexican food, but not outstanding.

Joe Momma's Pizza - I haven't been, but many I know swear by this place.

Max Retropub - Owned by the same guy who owns Joe Momma's, it's next door. Neat niche bar with old school stuff (video games and the like)

Yokozuna - Sushi..never been, mixed reviews from people I know.

Dilly Deli - this place is newer and finding it's niche, but I've heard good things about it.

These places are all located around 1st and Elgin and within walking distances of each other and the arena. I've actually only been to McNellie's (many times actually). All of these are locally owned. They all stay open until 2am, but most restaurants in town only serve food until 11pm. That might not be hard/fast rule, especially on a big event night like this.

If any of you have any more specific questions, I'll try and answer them. I've lived in Tulsa for about 40 of my 44 years (born/raised here).
Old May 14th 2011, 06:53 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Big Tulsa, thanks so much for that information! I've never been to Tulsa. I'll probably be sleeping in my car, so hopefully the area isn't too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elayblooze View Post
Whoah, I can't believe the value out in Tulsa, I'm hopin' Cali tickets will be in same ballpark, but you know we're gonna go see 'em no matter what.

Enjoy the show, I'm sure, with Motorhead along- It'll be quite great! :>
Thank you! The lower level is around $50, so I guess that's pretty much average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhonda_tx View Post
I have to work that day so I'm hoping to leave early. It's a 4 hour drive from work. The boss is usually pretty good about letting us leave early as long as our shit is done. Can't effin wait!
I was thinking "weird, that's about how long it takes me to get there" until I realized you're from Denton!
Tulsa '11
Old May 14th 2011, 04:56 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Big Tulsa, thanks so much for that information! I've never been to Tulsa. I'll probably be sleeping in my car, so hopefully the area isn't too bad.
I wouldn't suggest the area around the arena to do this. The county lockup is just three blocks west of the arena. You might be better off, if you can afford it, to bunk a night in a hotel in Glenpool (southern suburb along US75 if you're taking that way back to the DFW Metro). There's a Best Western down that way. If I were to suggest something like sleeping in your car though, move further east in downtown and try to find a parking lot or something. Or even park in a convenience store parking lot (look for QuikTrips, Tulsa is the QT king).
Old May 14th 2011, 11:24 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTulsa View Post
I wouldn't suggest the area around the arena to do this. The county lockup is just three blocks west of the arena. You might be better off, if you can afford it, to bunk a night in a hotel in Glenpool (southern suburb along US75 if you're taking that way back to the DFW Metro). There's a Best Western down that way. If I were to suggest something like sleeping in your car though, move further east in downtown and try to find a parking lot or something. Or even park in a convenience store parking lot (look for QuikTrips, Tulsa is the QT king).
Ok, thanks for the info. I feel silly sleeping my car, but that's my only option. I've done it a few times before.
Tulsa '11
Old May 15th 2011, 02:11 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Ok, thanks for the info. I feel silly sleeping my car, but that's my only option. I've done it a few times before.
Then maybe try a QT out in Glenpool. It's pretty rural and you'll likely not get bothered. I know there's a super WM out there too, but I wouldn't suggest parking there, either...
Old May 15th 2011, 08:35 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Didn't I see someone named Superrdave going to the Tulsa show too? Can't remember since there are technically two threads about this show going.
Yes I'll be in Tulsa. I also have a couple of extra tix that I'm selling for $45 (below face) if anyone is interested.
5/17/2011 Tulsa, OK
5/18/2011 Little Rock, AR
5/20/2011 Memphis, TN
9/16/2011 Kansas City, MO
9/17/2011 St. Louis, MO
145 live bands and counting...
Old May 16th 2011, 12:05 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Just a note, especially to those coming in from the northeast/east via I-44 then on I-244 West (Joplin/Springfield, et.a).

Don't rely on the instructions provided by the website for the venue, as they aren't taking into account the large construction project around downtown. The First Street ramp westbound is closed. They'll direct you to a detour for S Utica Ave well in advance of the closed exit, but don't take it. It's more confusing than if you do this:

Continue on I-244 past the First Street exit and well past the Utica Street detour exit, then take exit 6A (Detroit Ave/Cincinnati Ave). Proceed past the first light on the frontage road, then take a left onto Cincinnati Ave (it's one way southbound, so try and get into the outside lane for now) until you get to 1st Street (about four blocks). Turn right, and probably by this point, depending on how early or late you get there, it will be gridlock. Take a right onto 1st street. Here you should find a multitude of parking options, but if you need to drop someone off at the front door and find parking, continue on First street westbound (in the very left hand lane, as this is also a one-way street) to Denver Ave (about another four blocks). This is a two-way street and takes you right in front of the arena. Please let me know if you have any further questions. Drive safe.

Also, for those of you coming in via I-244 from the South or Southwest (DFW metro or OKC) be aware that construction on the I-244 bridge over the Arkansas River is underway and there will be some delays as they have moved lanes to deal with the construction. I don't believe the 7th Street Ramp is closed, but you could find yourselves in a bind if you don't allow for some time to get there.

You might be well served to follow @okdot on Twitter; they keep pretty up to date information and provide links for things upcoming.

Last edited by BigTulsa : May 16th 2011 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Updated travel info
Old May 16th 2011, 02:19 AM
I'll Stick Around

Thanks BigTulsa. Lots of great info. Can't wait for Tuesday!
9-17-2011......St. Louis, Scottrade Center
Old May 16th 2011, 03:28 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Thanks BigTulsa. Lots of great info. Can't wait for Tuesday!
Your welcome.

And for those non locals, it's not 'BOK Arena'. It's 'BOK Center', as you'll see when you're walking up.

Old May 16th 2011, 12:49 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Tulsa!

Hey everyone, new to the board today! Will be at the Tulsa show tomorrow. Flying in from DFW with 3 friends. We can't wait. We'll be staying in a hotel close to the BOK Center and walking to and from. 2 of us will have nothing to do all day, anyone know of things to do before the show? I've seen some of the restaurants listed and might check one out for lunch.

I have GA tickets that I bought the night they went on sale, anyone know what a good time would be to get in line?

We've never been to Tulsa, nor to a Foo show, can't wait, it's only 1 day away!
Old May 16th 2011, 01:10 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Question Re: Tulsa in May

Anyone know a semi-cheap hotel we could stay at after the show?
02/29/08 - Fayetteville, AR
07/17/08 - Oklahoma City, OK
07/19/08 - Kansas City, MO
07/20/08 - St. Louis, MO
09/25/08 - Vegas
09/26/08 - Vegas
09/24/09 - SDRE - Chicago, IL
10/05/09 - TCV!!! - Nashville, TN
10/06/09 - SDRE - Houston, TX
05/17/11 - Tulsa, OK
05/23/11 - Council Bluffs, IA
09/16/11 - Kansas City, MO
09/17/11 - St. Louis, MO
White Limo's 1st Bride
Old May 16th 2011, 01:32 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

1 - Rhonda tx
2 - Mike 2 and sis
3 - Legolas and wife
4 - True2foo and friend
5 - texasprankster
6 NickNickNick
7 it'sashame and sister (waiting on confirmation from her though)
8 - stvpttrsn
9 Oualum06 and brother
10 Superrdave???

Sorry Stvpttrsn...did I miss anyone else??
02/29/08 - Fayetteville, AR
07/17/08 - Oklahoma City, OK
07/19/08 - Kansas City, MO
07/20/08 - St. Louis, MO
09/25/08 - Vegas
09/26/08 - Vegas
09/24/09 - SDRE - Chicago, IL
10/05/09 - TCV!!! - Nashville, TN
10/06/09 - SDRE - Houston, TX
05/17/11 - Tulsa, OK
05/23/11 - Council Bluffs, IA
09/16/11 - Kansas City, MO