Old September 6th 2012, 04:36 PM
The Sidekick

Default Re: Rock the Vote 9/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
no gimme stitches!
See this is why setlist wikis aren't a good idea. Someone posts a setlist whether right or wrong and then it gets reported as fact.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old September 6th 2012, 04:44 PM
I'll Stick Around

the thing that is going to annoy me the most about this is there had to be a number of dummies taht got tickets somehow to this, and probably left before half of the show was over...
9-19-11 Palace of Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, MI
9-20-11 Quicken Loans Arena Cleveland, OH
8-24-15 DTE Music Theatre Clarkston, MI

TCV: 10-8-09 The Fillmore Detroit, MI

FooFightersLive.com
Old September 6th 2012, 05:51 PM
Visiting is pretty...

whaaaaaaaaaaaa????????????? Travesty!
Old September 6th 2012, 06:45 PM
Everywhere But Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoxy View Post
Did Dave talk politics at all?
good question. no not very much at all. but at the very end he mentioned something like he should bring up why we are here and everyone should go out and voice their opinion. but i dont recall him saying which way to vote just to make yourself heard or something.
Old September 6th 2012, 07:03 PM
I'll Stick Around

Sounds amazing - so happy for those you who were able to go.

Pics please!!
Old September 6th 2012, 07:13 PM
Have you found your way around

UNREAL!! So happy for all of you that were there. I usually try to stay away from setlist news so that I can experience sheer surprise live but THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY for all FF fans and for the universe at large (ha). I am simply floored that they've finally decided to step out of Generic City and start sprinkling in some juicy nuggets.
Hooray hooray!

"Dave has a crush on Taylor" ~Howard Stern 4.11.11
Old September 6th 2012, 07:40 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I was at the show- the most amazing show (foo fighters or otherwise) I have ever seen.

35 songs, 3.5 hours and some great old songs. New Way Home and Alone + Easy Target! Aurora!

Anyone there hear what song Dave said he hated? Dave was looking for suggestions for songs and Nate mentioned one to Dave and Dave said "I hate that song"...."Well I don't hate it, I don't like it." I wonder which one it was?

ETA:

The really cool part about the encore was Dave saying how he didn't want to end the show. You could definitely tell they were not going off a list as Dave would look at the band (I think before See You) and said "You guys remember how this one goes?"...think he said the same thing about Skin and Bones. Also he would shout out to his guitar tech which guitar to bring him when he got an idea for what song to play.

Last edited by BeachFoo : September 6th 2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old September 6th 2012, 08:06 PM
Yawn.

Aurora Grohl, is that Blackie in your avatar?
my friend told me i should hve 120 babies tonight and i was like no &*ckiing way man that would ruin ky vagina and it would turn into like a wizard sleeve and flap at every slifght breeze of and babies are way gross
Old September 6th 2012, 08:15 PM

oh hell yeah! I believe he's Uncle Jesse in this pic though. Same hair era.

Old September 6th 2012, 08:31 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I joined this forum because of the show last night. It was my 7th Foo show, but last night was just...otherwordly. I couldn't stop smiling or shaking my head afterwards.

What's this I hear about a recording? I'm trying to find the videos on YouTube from last night, but a good, concrete document of what can only be described as an EPIC show would be better.

Glad to have rocked out with you guys last night!
Old September 6th 2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspolley View Post
I joined this forum because of the show last night. It was my 7th Foo show, but last night was just...otherwordly. I couldn't stop smiling or shaking my head afterwards.
so cool! welcome! this is a great time to jump in when everyone's buzzing from something amazing like this

Old September 6th 2012, 08:59 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I think for Skin and Bones, Dave said they definitely wouldn't make it through that one without screwing it up. Then on one, he couldn't remember the words and just started making them up.

I kept watching his guitar tech getting the Everlong guitar ready to hand to Dave, then Dave would rip into a song and he would stick it back in the case, then repeat at the end of each song. It was pretty comical. And Shifty's guitar tech was headbanging behind Taylor's kit, that big grey mop going crazy! It was a blast. They came out to play the normal 3 to 4 songs for the encore and after the second song and Dave's third shot of Jaeger, he decided to just play everything they hand't played in a long time. He even said "Should we just play the whole first album now?"

He also mentioned "I have this a fantasy where we keep playing until no-one is left in the building, should we do that?"

Show was nuts and the people that couldn't appreciated it did thin out towards the end but that made it all the more cool. At the end, everyone in the front was jumping around and really loving the moment.

I talked to Taylor outside after the show and he said he was really starting to get tired towards the end. He went off a couple times and left Dave in amazement so there is no wonder.

I think Pat Smear had the most fun, that dude smiles the whole entire time. You know he would rather be no other place then right there at that moment.

Very special night.
Old September 6th 2012, 09:09 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I think it was See You that Dave forgot the lyrics, but it was still awesome nonetheless. He also thought they would screw up the Wings cover, but it sounded good to me. I definitely think the Jaeger shots kept the gig going longer!

I was in the front area and didn't notice people clearing out in the back, sucks that they missed the awesomeness.

Agree on Pat looking like he was having fun. Taylor had to have been exhausted.

Short of the band playing a 7 hour concert where they play every song they've ever made, this was the best it could get for me.

Was this one of the smaller shows they've played in awhile?
Old September 6th 2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Bet you're super glad you decided to go now, eh?
Understatement of the year!

Last edited by Chicago : September 6th 2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old September 6th 2012, 10:18 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspolley View Post

Glad to have rocked out with you guys last night!
I think the last one might have been the Metro in Chicago the night before Lollapalooza?
Old September 6th 2012, 11:16 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachFoo View Post
I was at the show- the most amazing show (foo fighters or otherwise) I have ever seen.

35 songs, 3.5 hours and some great old songs. New Way Home and Alone + Easy Target! Aurora!

Anyone there hear what song Dave said he hated? Dave was looking for suggestions for songs and Nate mentioned one to Dave and Dave said "I hate that song"...."Well I don't hate it, I don't like it." I wonder which one it was?

ETA:

The really cool part about the encore was Dave saying how he didn't want to end the show. You could definitely tell they were not going off a list as Dave would look at the band (I think before See You) and said "You guys remember how this one goes?"...think he said the same thing about Skin and Bones. Also he would shout out to his guitar tech which guitar to bring him when he got an idea for what song to play.
Next Year, maybe? I remember reading something about Nate liking that song and Dave hating it.

AND THAT GUITAR THING IS THE COOLEST THING EVER IF THERE IS A GOD THERE IS A RECORDING OF THIS
Old September 6th 2012, 11:49 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
Next Year, maybe? I remember reading something about Nate liking that song and Dave hating it.

AND THAT GUITAR THING IS THE COOLEST THING EVER IF THERE IS A GOD THERE IS A RECORDING OF THIS
I wish I had the guitar thing on video...he did it a couple of times. I do have Dave rocking out while wearing someone's black framed glasses. He actually pulled the look off...

If it was Next Year then Dave wanted something a little more rocking. That encore was frantic! My brain is still spinning and I still don't have anything resembling a voice...
Old September 6th 2012, 11:57 PM
Everywhere But Home

Dave Forgot the words to See You.

And I talked to Nate after - it was MY POOR BRAIN that he suggested and dave said no.

!!!!!

still can't put into words how rocking this show was!!! i kept hitting liz's arm next to me going, "is this really happening?!!!!"
Old September 6th 2012, 11:58 PM

Quote:

And I talked to Nate after - it was MY POOR BRAIN that he suggested and dave said no.

!!!!!

still can't put into words how rocking this show was!!! i kept hitting liz's arm next to me going, "is this really happening?!!!!"

nice try, nate! i like where your head's at

Old September 7th 2012, 12:42 AM
Cause everyone's just too weird

Quote:

!!!!!

NGH MY POOR BRAIN IF THEY HAD PLAYED THAT I WOULDA DIED.
9/14/11-St. Paul, MN, Xcel Energy Center. Front row show #1 and BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE. THREE PICKS (one from Dave, two from Shifty!) Shifty noticed me!
8/22/15-St. Paul, MN, Xcel Energy Center. Front row show #2! Shifty noticed me again!

I <3 Shifty!

NATE IS A WIZARD!

私はデイブグロールの愛

My pictures from the 9/14 show