Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 18th 2017, 10:07 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Default Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK (Please read FAQs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foomanchewit View Post
Hi fellow Foo fans, I managed to get two tickets for Manchester today but my wife also got two. So if anyone would like to buy them at cost price let me know.
They are seated tickets for block 328 in the Colin Bell stand.
Much love everyone.
Gigs and tours do a fan-to-fan resale option! Mighty be worth checking out.

Manchesters gonna be a great show!
24.08.12 Leeds Festival
11.09.14 House of Vans
14.09.14 Olympic Park
27.05.15 Manchester LCCC
06.09.15 MK Bowl
09.11.15 Krakow
24.02.17 Cheese and Grain
25.06.17 Glastonbury Festival
03.07.17 Paris
07.07.17 NOS Alive
19.09.17 O2 Arena
11.06.18 Antwerp
19.06.18 Manchester Etihad
22.06.18 Olympic Stadium
23.06.18 Olympic Stadium
18.06.19 Pula Arena
19.06.19 Pula Arena
Reading and Leeds...
Old October 18th 2017, 10:45 PM
The Cookie Is A Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Yep can't disagree with you there. Y'know, as much as I'd like to.

I mean, I'm not criticising it from a marketing POV. I can just see why it might be frustrating from a fan POV.

I like what Queens did this week - tease photos of venues and then annouce the dates/time tickets go on sale in one go. Nice and simples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledarkpoet View Post
This is why you always tend to see Band shows announced before Festivals, for what it's worth Reading normally announce the first headliner early December, if the Foo's are playing, could be why they've already put their tickets on sale.

Obviously if you can see the band at a festival, why would the casual fan pay to see them more than once.
Yes and no. Depends on the band, the deal that they have with the festival (ie exclusivity etc) and other factors.

Given they are doing their own stadium shows, they might not even do a festival slot this year. Plenty of headliner size bands do their own shows one year, then a couple of festivals the following year.
Old October 19th 2017, 06:32 AM
Visiting is pretty...

So I cracked. Having had the 'you thought you could buy some tickets on Thursday from the Stadium, but you can't you sad loser' email through - and with the Friday tickets still sitting there looking at me I bought some. Even though they are completely not where we want and Friday is a total logistical nightmare of the highest order and had been deemed impossible.
Other half is still going to try for some Saturday ones tomorrow.....
Old October 19th 2017, 08:09 AM
Have you found your way around

Amazon tickets are also doing the general sale tomorrow.
The Alarm, Glasgow, May
Iron Maiden - Newcastle, May
Iron Maiden - Glasgow Hydro, May
Kiss - Glasgow Hydro, May
Guns 'N' Roses - London, June
Old October 19th 2017, 08:42 AM
I'll Stick Around

London Stadium are on my shit list. That was plain dishonest.

Also, the Millenium stadium is big... are there 75,000 Foo fans in Wales?

I mean, great for the Welsh fans, don't get me wrong. But doesn't strike me as the most obvious place for an additional date.
Old October 19th 2017, 08:43 AM
Raider of Lost Arks

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottish_foo View Post
Amazon tickets are also doing the general sale tomorrow.
They are by far the worst ticket selling company I have ever dealt with. They manage to completely kill the Take That presale last year because they just couldn't deal with the demand. We did get free tickets out of it though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Failure View Post

I mean, I'm not criticising it from a marketing POV. I can just see why it might be frustrating from a fan POV.

I like what Queens did this week - tease photos of venues and then annouce the dates/time tickets go on sale in one go. Nice and simples.
Yeah, I liked that. Built up the excitement for a day or so and then all the info was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchEnemies View Post
Also, the Millenium stadium is big... are there 75,000 Foo fans in Wales?

I mean, great for the Welsh fans, don't get me wrong. But doesn't strike me as the most obvious place for an additional date.
They'll fill it, no problems. And I'm slightly insulted

We have the market, and we don't get the bands. I've been to a decent amount of sold out gigs at the Millennium Stadium; REM, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Oasis, Take That, Coldplay for example. Coldplay sold out two dates there in Summer. Ed Sheeran sold out 4 next summer. Plenty of other top bands and artists have played there over the years. I know a lot of people who came up from Devon and Cornwall for Coldplay, and there's always a lot of people from Somerset, Bristol area who come down for it as well as across Wales. It'll be fine

Last edited by Bexster : October 19th 2017 at 09:13 AM.
Old October 19th 2017, 09:35 AM
Did it free the feelings in your spine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexster View Post
I know a lot of people who came up from Devon and Cornwall for Coldplay, and there's always a lot of people from Somerset, Bristol area who come down for it as well as across Wales. It'll be fine
As a Cornwall person Cardiff is usually the closest the any big bands get to us (I think a lot of tour organizers forget we exist past Bristol) to be fair though, Cornwall really doesn't have the stadiums or arenas.
London Stadium - 22/06/2018

Last.fm; lambchop_x
Old October 19th 2017, 09:46 AM
Raider of Lost Arks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckiii View Post
As a Cornwall person Cardiff is usually the closest the any big bands get to us (I think a lot of tour organizers forget we exist past Bristol) to be fair though, Cornwall really doesn't have the stadiums or arenas.
I'm from Devon, I understand the lack of anything interesting music wise going on! But yes, Cardiff is easier to get to.

Old October 19th 2017, 09:49 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Went and bought two tickets for Manchester. hotel was booked for 55 the minute after it was announced.

Now dreading a Scottish announcement as im travelling down from Aberdeen.
Old October 19th 2017, 09:50 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexster View Post
They'll fill it, no problems. And I'm slightly insulted

We have the market, and we don't get the bands. I've been to a decent amount of sold out gigs at the Millennium Stadium; REM, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Oasis, Take That, Coldplay for example. Coldplay sold out two dates there in Summer. Ed Sheeran sold out 4 next summer. Plenty of other top bands and artists have played there over the years. I know a lot of people who came up from Devon and Cornwall for Coldplay, and there's always a lot of people from Somerset, Bristol area who come down for it as well as across Wales. It'll be fine
Oh no! I wasn't questioning the musical tastes of the Welsh, sorry

(I should point out that I'm not British btw, but should have known not to step into that minefield )

I guess it's more that I don't see the Foos as being in the same league as the other acts you cited, in terms of drawing power. But possibly I've been living under a rock, and they're now a properly huge band. Also good point about the pent-up demand from the entire south-west.
Old October 19th 2017, 09:57 AM
Raider of Lost Arks

Quote:
Oh no! I wasn't questioning the musical tastes of the Welsh, sorry

(I should point out that I'm not British btw, but should have known not to step into that minefield )

I guess it's more that I don't see the Foos as being in the same league as the other acts you cited, in terms of drawing power. But possibly I've been living under a rock, and they're now a properly huge band. Also good point about the pent-up demand from the entire south-west.
I know - I'm English and I live in Wales - I like to take the mick out of my Welsh friends a lot, particularly around Rugby time!! I think the band is probably big enough round here now that they could do it.

It's a difficult one. We do get some bands, even though we do miss out on a lot of tours. There's got to be some reason why bands don't come here, and I just don't understand why, no one has been able to give me a decent answer. I might be because of not selling enough tickets so the promoters don't see it as viable. And it annoys me that I don't know!

Old October 19th 2017, 10:16 AM
I'll Stick Around

when it comes to rugby I have to side with the Welsh, sorry

here's hoping the Foos buck the trend and do come to the Millenium stadium then
Old October 19th 2017, 10:26 AM
Raider of Lost Arks

LOL Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK (Please read FAQs)

Quote:

Perfectly understandable

Old October 19th 2017, 10:27 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:

I've always recommend its a logistical thing. Promoters want as much return as possible and bands don't want to many dates across the tour. London and birmingham cover the south (with Wales close enough by train or car). Manchester covers enough of the North of England with edinburgh or Glasgow covering Newcastle up. Cover all areas with minimal travel distance in only a few dates
Old October 19th 2017, 11:23 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Hi there

Newbie alert (please be gentle with me) , I have lurked on your board for quite a few years and have plucked up enough courage to post.

I have been a massive fan for quite a few years and seen them a few times.... managed to get GA for London on the Saturday via the album pre-sale code.

I would just like to express my thought on the band coming (possibly/hopefully) to Cardiff...Being Welsh, I live not that far from Cardiff and like others get really disappointed that band/artists do seem to miss out here and not just South Wales either.... Although I do travel to see artists and thankfully it is fairly easy either by train or car and sometimes a stay over.

I have been fortunate over the years to see the Foo's in Cardiff several times both at the now Principality Stadium (formerly Millennium) at the Noise and Confusion gig and also at the Motorpoint Arena.

Certainly in South Wales we do suffer from a lack of variety in different sized venues... its either the Motorpoint or to a lesser extent St. Davids hall or even the Newport Centre which I think roughly hold a couple of thousand people at the Motorpoint or then you go straight to 75,000 ish people at the Principality stadium. So this means artists d do not have a choice of a middle sized arena of about 10 to 15,000 something like Manchester.
Old October 19th 2017, 11:35 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTB1 View Post
Hi there

Newbie alert (please be gentle with me) , I have lurked on your board for quite a few years and have plucked up enough courage to post.

I have been a massive fan for quite a few years and seen them a few times.... managed to get GA for London on the Saturday via the album pre-sale code.

I would just like to express my thought on the band coming (possibly/hopefully) to Cardiff...Being Welsh, I live not that far from Cardiff and like others get really disappointed that band/artists do seem to miss out here and not just South Wales either.... Although I do travel to see artists and thankfully it is fairly easy either by train or car and sometimes a stay over.

I have been fortunate over the years to see the Foo's in Cardiff several times both at the now Principality Stadium (formerly Millennium) at the Noise and Confusion gig and also at the Motorpoint Arena.

Certainly in South Wales we do suffer from a lack of variety in different sized venues... its either the Motorpoint or to a lesser extent St. Davids hall or even the Newport Centre which I think roughly hold a couple of thousand people at the Motorpoint or then you go straight to 75,000 ish people at the Principality stadium. So this means artists d do not have a choice of a middle sized arena of about 10 to 15,000 something like Manchester.

you are forgetting the Cardiff City Stadium which the stereophonics have used (25,000 to 28,000 capacity)

there have also been numerous outdoor gigs at Cardiff Castle
Old October 19th 2017, 11:42 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinewelly View Post
you are forgetting the Cardiff City Stadium which the stereophonics have used (25,000 to 28,000 capacity)

there have also been numerous outdoor gigs at Cardiff Castle
I mean we lack a covered arena that hold around 10 to 15,000 people... I don't know if Cardiff City Stadium has ever been used for a gig ( I may be wrong) and the castle (although it has been used) its not suitable for all year round as its open air (not great for our wet, Welsh weather )
Old October 19th 2017, 11:43 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Wink Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK (Please read FAQs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foomanchewit View Post
Hi fellow Foo fans, I managed to get two tickets for Manchester today but my wife also got two. So if anyone would like to buy them at cost price let me know.
They are seated tickets for block 328 in the Colin Bell stand.
Much love everyone.
Colin Bell-end you mean
Old October 19th 2017, 11:44 AM
Everything fades in time it's true...

It is odd that artists seem to almost avoid Wales.
Living in Bristol it would be quicker and easier for me to see bands in Cardiff if they skip us but I always seem to end up in London (sometimes out of choice but that's on me!)

Cardiff is lucky enough to at least have the Principality to host gigs like this but it's a shame the Foos aren't playing there... yet!

Other than outdoor areas like The Downs, Bristol's biggest venue is the Colston Hall (2000 capacity?) so I'll have a wait on my hands for them to play here! We've been waiting for around 10 years for an arena to be built here but it keeps getting shelved.
The O2 Arena 18-1-07
Wembley Stadium 6 & 7-8-08
Milton Keynes Bowl 3-7-11
Reading Festival 26-8-12
AccorHotels Arena 3-7-17
The O2 Arena 19-9-17
The Royal Albert Hall 21-9-17
Etihad Stadium 19-6-18
London Stadium 22 & 23-6-18
Pula Arena 18 & 19-6-19
----
Bellahouston Park 17-8-19
Vital Festival 19-8-19
RDS Arena 21-8-19
Leeds Festival 23-8-19
Reading Festival 25-8-19

Dave's Foo Flickr
Old October 19th 2017, 11:53 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTB1 View Post
I mean we lack a covered arena that hold around 10 to 15,000 people... I don't know if Cardiff City Stadium has ever been used for a gig ( I may be wrong) and the castle (although it has been used) its not suitable for all year round as its open air (not great for our wet, Welsh weather )
the phonics have played there twice - Bon Jovi also played there and Rod Stewart - there may be others

there is also the liberty stadium in swansea where loads of bands have played ie the who, take that, manic street preachers, elton john, kings of leon

Last edited by sunshinewelly : October 19th 2017 at 11:55 AM.