Moving right along...........getting ready to put some scratch guitars on a few completed drum tracks. New song "Attica!" is maybe my fave so far. I'll never be able to get Sonic Youth out of my system. It always comes back to them one way or another. Every day I wake up, head downstairs, and listen to all of the songs we've recorded so far, and I've realized that this record keeps getting weirder and weirder. Just when I think I've got a handle on it, and can imagine it being one way, we record something else and it completely changes the entire vibe. I don't know how to explain it, but there are so many different kinds of songs going down over here.............I guess I'll have to let you all sort it out once we're finished. Don't worry, it's no Sgt. Peppers.
Listened to the VERBENA album "Into the Pink" this morning. It's funny to hear, because Nick, Adam and I worked on that record three years ago. Brought back many fine memories. Those guys are making another record at the moment.....can't wait to hear it, but until then, I suggest everybody go pick up the first two VERBENA albums because they were and will always be one of the coolest rock bands ever. EVER.
Gus had to go back home for a few days, and no one here knows how to download pictures onto the site, so you might have to wait a few days for more....... I know, I know......it's tough to go more than a few days without seeing our devilishly handsome faces, but I'm sure you'll manage. We'll slip in a few bonus shots just to make it up to you.
More later..................Dave