Man, oh man........it almost seems like the list of songs is getting longer. I keep remembering stuff that I wrote while we were out on tour for the last few years. Stuff that I never bothered to put on tape. Usually, if I think I'm onto something good, the least I'll do is call my voicemail and leave ideas there, but so many of them slip through the cracks. I just remembered another one today, and I think we might give it a go. That means that the # of songs is up to 32. I really want to give every one of them a chance, but I'm afraid if I do we'll be stuck in the basement for the next year and a half. What to do...what to do....
Listened to a bit of the new JIMMY EAT WORLD album tonight. It's really good. Also, the MASTERS OF REALITY album with the orange cover (I forgot what it's called) is so fucking amazing. Chris Goss, the guy who produced a bunch of the KYUSS stuff is such a genius. I think he played mostly everything on that record. If you can find it, it's worth every penny.....
Have you guys seen that commercial for the weird cell phone thingy that you can connect to your lighter, tune your radio to 96.1 FM, and all of the sudden your radio becomes a speaker phone? It really works! I swear. I bought one for the hell of it off the TV, not really expecting it to do anything, but holy shit is it cool. I'm still trying to figure that one out. Don't really know why anyone would care.......just trying to fill up this studio diary section that I thought was such a bright idea a week or two ago.....
Today I watched a video tape that my neighbor made of me and my friends when we were about 10 or 11 years old. God, I was such a fucking nightmare. I terrorized my neighborhood, ruled it with an iron fist. In the course of 20 minutes I steal my friend's bike, steal my other friend's doll, wipe dog shit on someone else, throw crab apples at everyone, make someone else rake my yard.......what a little fucker. Remind me to apologize to all of my elementary school classmates, I'm sure they all got a piece of the action at one time or another.
Ok.........still lot's going on downstairs. Drums everyday. Song in the can by the end of every night. We've got a good rhythm going at the moment, if we keep it up we might have an album by spring. Better get some beauty rest. Later, Dave