Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Frequent Post Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 31st 2007, 03:25 PM
I'll Stick Around

Default Re: If you must, criticize ESPG here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkinzinger View Post
...?
huh?
Old October 31st 2007, 07:17 PM
Have you found your way around

bump.

(i love the album but this thread is 200 posts behind the 'praise' thread ... just helpin this one catch up a bit).
Old November 1st 2007, 10:22 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Uh Oh... I tried to post a link and I am not allowed to! bbs.foofighters.com does not allow new users to post links until a minimum post count is reached. This regulation is in place to prevent spam.
Old November 1st 2007, 10:28 PM
Visiting is pretty...

LOL Re: If you must, criticize ESPG here...

I LOVE the CD...

And I LOVE the Pretender video....................with one exception...

That is the whole "F" the Po-lice thing.. It's so 60's and they're an easy target. If Foo had four pair, they'd have made the video about defeating Jihadists with sandals and turbins instead of cops this country needs right now.

Then again, what do you expect from a band that signs on to moveon . org?

Stuck Mojo is a band that has the guts to do what Foo is scared to do.
Old November 2nd 2007, 09:33 PM
Visiting is pretty...

i dont like the album

purely because of the fact that it's not the side of foo fighters i fell in love with

i fell in love with TCATS side of foo fighters, where they just kick arse for an hour and a bit with a couple of breaks now and then

i was partially disappointed with IYH but i was expecting it as it was a rock album with an acoustic album as a side dish

but when i first heard the pretender i was like "oooooooohhhhhhh yeah . . . they're back" but then when i started to listen to ESPG i got up to come alive and was very disappointed and (being honest) bored

i mean fair enough they're heading in a new direction

i just think its the wrong one
Old November 6th 2007, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aid. View Post
i dont like the album

purely because of the fact that it's not the side of foo fighters i fell in love with

i fell in love with TCATS side of foo fighters, where they just kick arse for an hour and a bit with a couple of breaks now and then

i was partially disappointed with IYH but i was expecting it as it was a rock album with an acoustic album as a side dish

but when i first heard the pretender i was like "oooooooohhhhhhh yeah . . . they're back" but then when i started to listen to ESPG i got up to come alive and was very disappointed and (being honest) bored

i mean fair enough they're heading in a new direction

i just think its the wrong one
this is the new type of music of today... I hate it too... but times are changing. I love the album however. It sill manages to be a "Foo" record. BUT Im not too big a fan of Statues I dunno why

Dave: Where the hell did Quddus go?
Old November 6th 2007, 01:51 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewhoknowsall View Post
this is the new type of music of today... I hate it too... but times are changing. I love the album however. It sill manages to be a "Foo" record. BUT Im not too big a fan of Statues I dunno why
At first I found it hard not to skip through the songs. But as I started listening to each one I found alot of similarities with TCATS, IYH and 1X1. There are some guitar licks and melody in ESPG that could have gone on the original TCATS. Lyrically the new songs fit in with IYH and 1X1 but they are smarter, for lack of a better term. Dave is great at turning a phrase with some wit. Now I find I'm completely skipping The Pretender and exploring the rest of the songs. It's not my favorite but then again I don't think I could pick any one Foo album over the other. Thank the Technology Gods for the IPOD. I have them all right in my pocket!!!
Old November 6th 2007, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Boh View Post
At first I found it hard not to skip through the songs. But as I started listening to each one I found alot of similarities with TCATS, IYH and 1X1. There are some guitar licks and melody in ESPG that could have gone on the original TCATS. Lyrically the new songs fit in with IYH and 1X1 but they are smarter, for lack of a better term. Dave is great at turning a phrase with some wit. Now I find I'm completely skipping The Pretender and exploring the rest of the songs. It's not my favorite but then again I don't think I could pick any one Foo album over the other. Thank the Technology Gods for the IPOD. I have them all right in my pocket!!!
yeah I have to agree I would rank this one #2 behind TCATS

Dave: Where the hell did Quddus go?
Old November 10th 2007, 12:51 AM
I'll Stick Around

Well, i like the album, but its... i dont know. TOO experimental for me... I long for the perfect, TCATS-TINLTL era back.... Hopefully the absense of Pat as a part of the quartet won't make that impossible.
Ultimate Guitar
Old November 11th 2007, 11:42 AM
Banned

Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive
Old November 11th 2007, 06:39 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy Ate My Drumkit View Post
Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive Come Alive
So....what about it.......
Old November 11th 2007, 09:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanWildey View Post
So....what about it.......
Quite clear that the Foos can't write hooks anymore.

The intros in this album sound very similar, and the majority of choruses involve repeating the song title, over and over again.

It's basically the "instead of writing something good, let's just repeat the same thing, over and over again - it'll still stick in their heads and we don't even have to do anything good."
Old November 13th 2007, 06:21 PM
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpz View Post
why would this thread become sticky in the official foo fighters board? sad
Because I don't want all these people to start threads saying, "the album disappointed me" that's why.

Did you even read my initial post?

It isn't sad, it's smart. I know from previous experience and being here for 4 different album releases that not everyone is going to LOVE the record. It's the same reason I have an "I LOVE THE ALBUM" thread. Keeping shit organized.

You loved the album...why are you in here anyway??

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old November 15th 2007, 05:27 AM
I'll Stick Around

Dude i think this is one of their better albums, and i love all the songs on it. I personally enjoy slow and relaxing music and rock, and most of the new album has that, including Home.
Old November 15th 2007, 05:28 AM
I'll Stick Around

oops i posted it in the wrong thread srry
Old November 19th 2007, 09:43 PM
Visiting is pretty...

This album felt lacking of something i'm not quite shure what i think it is and i feel that But, honestly is strange and droans on at the beginning, Home is another song im not fond of
from reading this over i feel like a whiny prick but whatever
Old November 20th 2007, 07:48 AM
I'll Stick Around

The only thing this album is lacking is songs.
Old November 20th 2007, 09:52 AM

from reading several of the posts on here it seems that the album is disliked because its differant (thats my generalisation)
which is fair enough, not many people like change and just want the next, improved version of what they already know.

i was quick to pass on the album at first listen, but through my own laziness it stayed in my car for 6 weeks and i ended up warming to it quite a lot (i did the same with IYH)

i actually really like the album, and personally i think the sign of a good album is where theres one track your not fond off - means the band are being differant or a a bit more creative cos to be far the only album where you like all the songs are ones that are VERY similar or the album follows a specific sound.
we like what we like, and its hard to adapt or warm up to completely new stuff.

i'm not trying to convince you its a great album cos you like what you like, and i dont think it is all that amazing either, all i know is it was a good 7.99 well spent IMO. its differant, but i like it (should post this in t'other thread too i guess)

Last edited by yeslek : November 20th 2007 at 09:59 AM.
Old November 20th 2007, 12:10 PM
I'll Stick Around

Talking Re: If you must, criticize ESPG here...

i do like the album.if i have to choose one track im not overkeen with, that wud be razor.makes me sleepy eek. not critisizing tho.personally i wud be terribly gutted if they said 2moz sod it, cant be asked to write or play anything anymore,lets crack some cans and have a bbq. well, obviously i have some serious nostalgy issues with early stuff but as long as they keep it going im happy as a pig in s**t!!!
Old November 20th 2007, 12:19 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I think it's all fucking great except for The ballad of the beaconsfield miners. Also not loving the fade out at the end of But Honestly. I want an awesome rock ending. Fade outs always feel like the band couldn't quite decide what to do with the song.