Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1441  
Old May 18th 2011, 08:35 PM
dq88's Avatar
dq88 dq88 is offline
I'd rather leave than suffer this
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London, UK
Posts: 965
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Beyond View Post
Indeed it was

Yours turned out to be real? Mine sure was.. And mine was also sealed!
Show off!
But yeah it was the real deal in the end, quite satisfying for such an unplanned buy. I always thought it would be the last thing that id manage to get!
__________________
Astoria 24.08.05
Earls Court 17.12.05
Hyde Park 17.06.06
O2 Arena 17.11.07
Wembley Stadium 06.06.08
Wembley Stadium 07.06.08
Wembley Arena 25.02.11
Dingwalls 26.02.11
Milton Keynes 02.07.11
Milton Keynes 03.07.11
Reading Festival 26.08.12
Islington Assembly Hall 12.09.14
Queen Elizabeth Park 14.09.14

Some Videos

The Holy Shits Islington pics
Some Pictures
Reply With Quote
  #1442  
Old May 18th 2011, 08:40 PM
Captain Beyond's Avatar
Captain Beyond Captain Beyond is offline
Looking for a sign of life
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,049
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dq88 View Post
Show off!
But yeah it was the real deal in the end, quite satisfying for such an unplanned buy. I always thought it would be the last thing that id manage to get!
Ghehe.. I thought the same thing.. Mine was also very unplanned, but I'm glad I did.. I was just looking on Ebay, and there they were, TCATS vinyls for insane prices again XD

Have fun with yours! I know I'll have fun with mine
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Buy an album on cd and 12", then try and play them both in 40 years time and see which one still works.
Reply With Quote
  #1443  
Old May 19th 2011, 09:46 AM
FooZealand's Avatar
FooZealand FooZealand is offline
Easy For YOU To Say
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,818
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foofan80 View Post
I didn't even know they existed without the numbers on them.
Neither did I until not that long ago, and only because of this damn wonderful board! I cant imagine how many I probably looked at main listing pictures of and passed over - just thinking they were the US copy being sold in Europe etc. Doesn't help that it isn't even on Discogs.

You're looking for Cat 74321-97374-7 versus 74321-97315-7 for the "standard" numbered version. I could be wrong, but the "limited" numbered edition doesn't seem to be as rare as the non-numbered edition.
__________________
Meanwhile Down Under...


I was there
Reply With Quote
  #1444  
Old May 19th 2011, 09:51 AM
FooZealand's Avatar
FooZealand FooZealand is offline
Easy For YOU To Say
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,818
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

CB & DQ - congratulations to you both on the cool TCATS addition! You wont ever regret it. Take care of your babies
__________________
Meanwhile Down Under...


I was there
Reply With Quote
  #1445  
Old May 19th 2011, 11:31 AM
IronThumbDrew's Avatar
IronThumbDrew IronThumbDrew is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 265
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
Neither did I until not that long ago, and only because of this damn wonderful board! I cant imagine how many I probably looked at main listing pictures of and passed over - just thinking they were the US copy being sold in Europe etc. Doesn't help that it isn't even on Discogs.

You're looking for Cat 74321-97374-7 versus 74321-97315-7 for the "standard" numbered version. I could be wrong, but the "limited" numbered edition doesn't seem to be as rare as the non-numbered edition.
Will you be adding to discogs?

I thought about what you said previously about the uniqueness of editions and I'm going to go back through and upload to discogs properly. If something doesn't match what I have in my hand exactly, I'll question it and if necessary create another entry in the list.

It'll take time but I'll get there!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1446  
Old May 19th 2011, 12:38 PM
02morrij's Avatar
02morrij 02morrij is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portsmouth UK
Posts: 1,924
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

I've seen the Studmore like regarding the Colour and The Shape. But I am concerned...
It's hard to tell, because a person bought it for me (an ex who i never speak to anymore!!!) and she just wouldn't have spent big money on it. It's not obviously fake, black vinyl etc and no real blurred printing as mentioned, yet it does look pretty new and I just know she wouldn't have spent a lot, may upload pictures... Any other ideas guys?

OK here is my extremely new, yet, up and coming collection...

Vinyl Album:
Foo Fighters
The Colour and The Shape
In Your Honour
Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace
Greatest Hits
Wasting Light

All 12 inch

Vinyl Single
I'll Stick Around
Generator
All My Life
Times Like These
Low
Have it All
Best of You
DOA (Luminous yellow?!)
Resolve
The Pretender
Rope

All 7inch except Rope, 12inch

CD albums
All

CD Singles
Best of You

Also have Them Crooked Vultures self titled 12" vinyl album and CD, and a signed Taylor Hawkins and The coattail Riders 12" vinyl of Red Light Fever, which I bought from the official merchandise at a gig...

For a very new, naive buyer/ collector, I would love to hear any advice/ suggestions you may have, if you are willing to make them. Either way I look forward to posting my progress and tracking yours,

Jack
__________________
Earls Court, 18th December 2005
Hyde Park, 17th June 2006
o2 Arena, 17th November 2007
Wembley Stadium, 6th June 2008
Wembley Stadium, 7th June 2008
Isle of Wight Festival, 11th June 2011
Milton Keynes Bowl, 2nd July 2011
Reading Festival, 26th August 2012
Glastonbury Festival, 26th June 2015
Milton Keynes Bowl, 6th September 2015
o2 Arena, 19th September 2017
London Stadium, 22nd June 2018
London Stadium, 23rd June 2018
Reply With Quote
  #1447  
Old May 19th 2011, 12:57 PM
scottish_foo scottish_foo is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Posts: 1,848
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Finally got a copy of the TINLTL CD + VCD Australian Tour Edition.

Saw that in the shops at the time it was released but put off buying it as I already had the album on CD.

I have been hunting for that version now for several years. My Foo CD collection is pretty much complete other than a couple of singles, which have duplicate b-sides to others I own. Not interested in collecting vinyl.
__________________
Gigs:
Black Sabbath - Glasgow Hydro, January
The Skids, Edinburgh, May
The Alarm, Glasgow, May
Iron Maiden - Newcastle, May
Iron Maiden - Glasgow Hydro, May
Kiss - Glasgow Hydro, May
Guns 'N' Roses - London, June
Reply With Quote
  #1448  
Old May 19th 2011, 03:46 PM
foofan80 foofan80 is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 248
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronThumbDrew View Post
I thought about what you said previously about the uniqueness of editions and I'm going to go back through and upload to discogs properly. If something doesn't match what I have in my hand exactly, I'll question it and if necessary create another entry in the list.

It'll take time but I'll get there!
That is exactly what I just did the last couple of weeks. US versions of the Wembley DVD and the TINLTL vinyl were not on there until I added them recently. I also added a DOA CDr that I have and submitted pics for several entries that didn't have any. I am pretty new to discogs so I am still exploring everything, but it is such a cool resource.
__________________
10/20/97 - Braden Auditorium, Normal, IL
03/28/00 - Assembly Hall, Champaign, IL
07/07/00 - Deer Creek Music Center, Noblesville, IN
10/03/05 - Allstate Arena, Rosemont, IL
10/04/05 - Assembly Hall, Champaign, IL
08/25/06 - Auditorium Theater, Chicago, IL
02/25/08 - Allstate Arena, Rosemont, IL
07/20/08 - Scottrade Center, St. Louis, MO
08/09/09 - The Metro, Chicago, IL (TCV Debut!!!!!)
09/17/11 - Scottrade Center, St. Louis, MO
11/08/17 - State Farm Center, Champaign, IL
Reply With Quote
  #1449  
Old May 19th 2011, 06:05 PM
JPark09's Avatar
JPark09 JPark09 is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 303
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

-Walking After You (Remix)/New Way Home 7" Jukebox release. Looks like it is brand new with no swirls on the vinyl. Also funny to see the writing credit for Walking After You have "David Grohl" instead of Dave.

-Foo Fighters 1997 Colour and the Shape tour poster. The one with the red background and silver lettering.

-And oh yeah Floor tix to the Cleveland Show!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #1450  
Old May 20th 2011, 01:01 AM
King Tooner King Tooner is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

I'd have to say buying the Have It All CD Single made my day today. Darling Nikki is just too awesome not to have.
Reply With Quote
  #1451  
Old May 20th 2011, 03:32 AM
Jess's Avatar
Jess Jess is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,589
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

I found TCATS on cassette today at a flea market for .50 cents. When I got home I discovered that it's broken! But it's still cool/random to have.
Reply With Quote
  #1452  
Old May 20th 2011, 09:08 AM
02morrij's Avatar
02morrij 02morrij is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portsmouth UK
Posts: 1,924
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
I found TCATS on cassette today at a flea market for .50 cents. When I got home I discovered that it's broken! But it's still cool/random to have.
I agree. For 50c, it's a no brainee whether its worth having broken, or not at all
__________________
Earls Court, 18th December 2005
Hyde Park, 17th June 2006
o2 Arena, 17th November 2007
Wembley Stadium, 6th June 2008
Wembley Stadium, 7th June 2008
Isle of Wight Festival, 11th June 2011
Milton Keynes Bowl, 2nd July 2011
Reading Festival, 26th August 2012
Glastonbury Festival, 26th June 2015
Milton Keynes Bowl, 6th September 2015
o2 Arena, 19th September 2017
London Stadium, 22nd June 2018
London Stadium, 23rd June 2018
Reply With Quote
  #1453  
Old May 20th 2011, 11:38 AM
FooZealand's Avatar
FooZealand FooZealand is offline
Easy For YOU To Say
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,818
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
I found TCATS on cassette today at a flea market for .50 cents. When I got home I discovered that it's broken! But it's still cool/random to have.
Back in the days when cassettes were CDs (if you wanted mobile music that was it!) it was pretty common to open up cassettes and move the tape reels to good cartridges if you broke the outer shell. So it's very possible to "repair" it to be playable if the need ever arose, its not like it should be seen as *Dead*
__________________
Meanwhile Down Under...


I was there
Reply With Quote
  #1454  
Old May 20th 2011, 11:40 AM
FooZealand's Avatar
FooZealand FooZealand is offline
Easy For YOU To Say
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,818
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tooner View Post
I'd have to say buying the Have It All CD Single made my day today. Darling Nikki is just too awesome not to have.
Nice one - I remember very well the day I first got a copy - same feeling exactly!
__________________
Meanwhile Down Under...


I was there
Reply With Quote
  #1455  
Old May 20th 2011, 11:41 AM
FooZealand's Avatar
FooZealand FooZealand is offline
Easy For YOU To Say
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,818
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPark09 View Post

-And oh yeah Floor tix to the Cleveland Show!!!!!!!
Bastard
__________________
Meanwhile Down Under...


I was there
Reply With Quote
  #1456  
Old May 20th 2011, 11:49 AM
FooZealand's Avatar
FooZealand FooZealand is offline
Easy For YOU To Say
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,818
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foofan80 View Post
That is exactly what I just did the last couple of weeks. US versions of the Wembley DVD and the TINLTL vinyl were not on there until I added them recently. I also added a DOA CDr that I have and submitted pics for several entries that didn't have any. I am pretty new to discogs so I am still exploring everything, but it is such a cool resource.
I'm slowly working with Alban, Esmee & chekobero to do the same and clean up a lot of entries. The OBO listings have had a good work over the last week and a bit, still lots of pics and tidy up work to go. Help all you can, time is against us all so every bit you do is appreciated by everyone

I have 25 or more items that aren't on there at all - it will happen, its just working it in to everything else. It is a lot better now though than it was even a year ago so that's cool!
__________________
Meanwhile Down Under...


I was there
Reply With Quote
  #1457  
Old May 20th 2011, 12:00 PM
FooZealand's Avatar
FooZealand FooZealand is offline
Easy For YOU To Say
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,818
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronThumbDrew View Post
Will you be adding to discogs?

I thought about what you said previously about the uniqueness of editions and I'm going to go back through and upload to discogs properly. If something doesn't match what I have in my hand exactly, I'll question it and if necessary create another entry in the list.

It'll take time but I'll get there!
Oh yeah man, trust me I've been pretty active on there just lately, and Im in contact with *the* guys. I'm doing some tidying, plus loading my entries where they match what is already on there, while checking the details are right, and also noting what needs more photos, plus marking down what is missing on every release.

When I get done with that I will add all the missing entries, including proper photos. Then it will be back to those items that need proper photos that were already up, then full review of all the run off grooves, and CD markings on every surface of every Mutha F release. By the time I'm done there will not be a band on Discogs better covered than our Foos - I guarantee it.
__________________
Meanwhile Down Under...


I was there
Reply With Quote
  #1458  
Old May 20th 2011, 12:19 PM
cjlocke cjlocke is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Russian Federation
Posts: 232
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
Oh yeah man, trust me I've been pretty active on there just lately, and Im in contact with *the* guys. I'm doing some tidying, plus loading my entries where they match what is already on there, while checking the details are right, and also noting what needs more photos, plus marking down what is missing on every release.

When I get done with that I will add all the missing entries, including proper photos. Then it will be back to those items that need proper photos that were already up, then full review of all the run off grooves, and CD markings on every surface of every Mutha F release. By the time I'm done there will not be a band on Discogs better covered than our Foos - I guarantee it.
You're the man, bro! If there's something we can do to help, don't hesitate to ask.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNESS View Post
and jeez, the day I met the first russian guy is when this happens. hope it's not as bad as it looks like...
Reply With Quote
  #1459  
Old May 20th 2011, 01:14 PM
darthlemsip's Avatar
darthlemsip darthlemsip is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London, UK
Posts: 222
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Arrived today:

THIS bad boy

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/2834/img0066zm.jpg

Very happy
__________________
03/06/95 KCLSU - 25/11/99 Brixton - 24/08/05 Astoria - 18/11/07 02 Arena - 06/06/08 Wembley Stadium - 07/08/08 Wembley Stadium - 25/02/11 Wembley Arena - 03/07/11 MK Bowl - 11/07/11 Camden Roundhouse

You can see my music collection here -
http://s1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff452/darthlemsip/ - It's very much a work in progress, so more stuff will be added as I get round to it! (Needs quite a bit adding now)
Reply With Quote
  #1460  
Old May 20th 2011, 02:21 PM
Foolighter Foolighter is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 51
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
Oh yeah man, trust me I've been pretty active on there just lately, and Im in contact with *the* guys. I'm doing some tidying, plus loading my entries where they match what is already on there, while checking the details are right, and also noting what needs more photos, plus marking down what is missing on every release.

When I get done with that I will add all the missing entries, including proper photos. Then it will be back to those items that need proper photos that were already up, then full review of all the run off grooves, and CD markings on every surface of every Mutha F release. By the time I'm done there will not be a band on Discogs better covered than our Foos - I guarantee it.
Damn right! Sure it will be, we'll take care of that.

Esmee
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.