Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 27th 2011, 06:37 AM
Never knowing who to believe

Default Re: Lollapalooza Chicago!

August 7, 2011 is ten years (plus two days) since I first saw the Foos play live, at the postboard show at the Troubadour.

I think I'm gonna have to try to get to Lolla.

Follow me on the Twitters @taradublinrocks
Old April 27th 2011, 07:01 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyannaD View Post
I'm thrilled that they are headlining on Sunday. It will be a great festival closer and a terrific end my weekend before flying home. I'm looking forward to it.
Same here! We fly back to Europe on the 8th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraX View Post
I think I'm gonna have to try to get to Lolla.
Do it!
Old April 27th 2011, 08:37 AM
Cause everyone's just too weird

Arrow Re: Lollapalooza Chicago!

Hey Autumn, long time no see.
Old April 27th 2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubster View Post
Hey Autumn, long time no see.
I'm always lurking around here, but don't post much.
How's tricks? Are you going to QOTSA at Vega in Cph? I will be attending at Cirkus in Sthlm.
Old April 27th 2011, 10:56 AM
Cause everyone's just too weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn in Sweden View Post
I'm always lurking around here, but don't post much.
How's tricks? Are you going to QOTSA at Vega in Cph? I will be attending at Cirkus in Sthlm.
Cool. I'll be missing QOTSA. It was sold within minutes. I was a bit too slow that morning when they got on sale. But hey, there's the Foos twice over the summer.
Old April 27th 2011, 07:32 PM

Just bought our 3 day passes. Ouch, that hurt the wallet. Good thing the USD to SEK exchange rate is working in my favor these days
Old April 27th 2011, 10:20 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Just bought our 3 day passes. Ouch, that hurt the wallet. Good thing the USD to SEK exchange rate is working in my favor these days
The one day passes are around $90, they go on sale later (if you didn't know, sorry if you did!)
Old April 28th 2011, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterShock View Post
The one day passes are around $90, they go on sale later (if you didn't know, sorry if you did!)
Yep, I knew. Thing is, we want to see a lot of other bands, not just FF, so we'll be there more than just on Sunday.

Also, if you buy a one day, you can't leave the park. With the three day wristbands, you can go in and out up to five times per day, so if you want to do other stuff in the city or eat/drink someplace else or just go somewhere to cool off from the heat (because you know it's going to be damn hot and humid in August) then you're free to leave.
Old April 29th 2011, 12:36 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Yep, I knew. Thing is, we want to see a lot of other bands, not just FF, so we'll be there more than just on Sunday.

Also, if you buy a one day, you can't leave the park. With the three day wristbands, you can go in and out up to five times per day, so if you want to do other stuff in the city or eat/drink someplace else or just go somewhere to cool off from the heat (because you know it's going to be damn hot and humid in August) then you're free to leave.
Yeah, I would do that if I had the money I'm probably just gonna take the train out there the day the Foos play
Old July 25th 2011, 07:14 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Hate to resurrect an old and seemingly abandoned thread but I'm looking for some friendly advice from people that have done Lollapalooza in years past (or fellow Foo fans native to Chi-Town) on what to do while in the area for a Lollapalooza first-timer.

Won't be there that long (leaving Toronto for Chicago early on Thursday and will rushing back home Monday morning to see them play the Air Canada Centre the following Tuesday) and will be checking out two Lolla aftershows. (Young the Giant on Friday and Titus Andronicus on Saturday) So I'm looking for stuff to down on Thurs evening, the Fri-Sun mornings and after the Foos' set on Sunday. Any suggestions for good nearby restaurants, fun rock and/or roll nightclubs or worthwhile non-touristy tourist attractions?

Thanks in advance, you guys.
Old July 25th 2011, 07:24 PM

Well does anyone think they will participate and do the usual big club show Lollapalooza weekend? Either Muse, Foo Fighters or Coldplay will do it. I attended the Pearl Jam show at Vic Theatre back in 2007 a few days before their headline performance.
Old July 25th 2011, 08:02 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of Brad Nut View Post
Well does anyone think they will participate and do the usual big club show Lollapalooza weekend? Either Muse, Foo Fighters or Coldplay will do it. I attended the Pearl Jam show at Vic Theatre back in 2007 a few days before their headline performance.
I am hoping for the same thing. Several venues don't have any shows scheduled for Sat or Sun - I keep checking back to see if anything has been added. I'd LOVE to see a Foo aftershow!
Old July 25th 2011, 08:14 PM
Everywhere But Home

I would love a secret club gig for Foos on Friday or Saturday... hint, hint
Old July 25th 2011, 08:30 PM
Polite as fuck

I would bet it would be on the Thursday before the festival started... If it were to happen. They would not play anywhere once Lolla started up. Soundgarden did it last year on the Thursday before at the Vic..
Old July 25th 2011, 08:37 PM
I'll Stick Around

I would be so happy if they did an aftershow or something. If anyone finds out anything let me know please!

As for what you can do in Chicago CitizenV it all really depends on money and where you are staying. There is no shortage of things to do in Chicago and there is the Art Institute, Shedd Aquarium, Museum of Science and Industry, there are great clubs like Double Door, Beat Kitchen, Metro, Subterranean,and there is the north side with Wrigley Field and the Belmont and Clark area where there are a lot of good shops. Bottom Lounge is a pretty cool place too where there are multiple levels of stuff going on and their balcony area has a great view of the city. There is the Chicago Music Exchange if you are into musical instruments and they have an amazing collection of guitars and basses. Schuba's is a really cool place to hang out and get a bite to eat if you are going to be around there. There are plenty of places to eat though I don't know what your budget is for that and if you are staying close to Grant Park it can be expensive. There is the Loop that has a lot of stuff going on like Buddy Guy's for example where they have blues and good food. I am sure there are people who can recommend some good places to eat because I can't remember the last time I ate anywhere near the loop or grant park. Public transportation here is pretty good between the buses and the elevated trains but I would familiarize yourself as much as possible before you ride it. You can go to transitchicago.com to do so. If you have any more questions feel free to PM me. Hope you have fun.
Old July 29th 2011, 04:41 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyrebel View Post
I would be so happy if they did an aftershow or something. If anyone finds out anything let me know please!
I'd love to see a Foos secret club show too but considering that I'll be radio silent (no phone, no internet) the whole time I'm in Chicago, I wager I'll have a 0.00000000785% chance of hearing about it before it happens. Oh well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyrebel View Post
As for what you can do in Chicago CitizenV it all really depends on money and where you are staying. There is no shortage of things to do in Chicago and there is the Art Institute, Shedd Aquarium, Museum of Science and Industry, there are great clubs like Double Door, Beat Kitchen, Metro, Subterranean,and there is the north side with Wrigley Field and the Belmont and Clark area where there are a lot of good shops. Bottom Lounge is a pretty cool place too where there are multiple levels of stuff going on and their balcony area has a great view of the city. There is the Chicago Music Exchange if you are into musical instruments and they have an amazing collection of guitars and basses. Schuba's is a really cool place to hang out and get a bite to eat if you are going to be around there. There are plenty of places to eat though I don't know what your budget is for that and if you are staying close to Grant Park it can be expensive. There is the Loop that has a lot of stuff going on like Buddy Guy's for example where they have blues and good food. I am sure there are people who can recommend some good places to eat because I can't remember the last time I ate anywhere near the loop or grant park. Public transportation here is pretty good between the buses and the elevated trains but I would familiarize yourself as much as possible before you ride it. You can go to transitchicago com to do so. If you have any more questions feel free to PM me. Hope you have fun.
Thanks, billyrebel. You gave me a few good ideas to look into and I appreciate your help.
Old July 29th 2011, 11:32 AM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
What else should we do while in Chicago ? you guys have any ideas ?
from FF's facebook page..might be a hint?
Old July 29th 2011, 11:43 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathi View Post
from FF's facebook page..might be a hint?
I SAW THAT! Hopefully you're right! That would make me the happiest girl alive.

My worry is the same as the poster above - I am coming from out of town, so if it gets announced once I am already there, I have zero chance of hearing about it.

If anyone hears anything, please let us know!
Old July 29th 2011, 01:50 PM
Everywhere But Home

This is very intriguing... I get in Friday. let the fun begin!
Old July 29th 2011, 02:19 PM
Visiting is pretty...

So, I've been doing a little investigating...

Someone tweeted Greg Kot (with the Chicago Tribune) and asked if he knew anything about a secret Foo show at the Metro Saturday night.

Greg's response: "nothing confirmed but Grohl has a looong history with that club."

So it's definitely possible - just hope if it happens I have an opportunity to get tix!