Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 29th 2011, 02:35 PM
Everywhere But Home

Default Re: Lollapalooza Chicago!

thanks that is very interesting.

I just hope it isn't Thurs cause I'd miss it. flight is Friday.
Old July 29th 2011, 02:39 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
I just hope it isn't Thurs cause I'd miss it. flight is Friday.
Same for me - I get in early Friday morning.

The Metro already has shows booked Wed, Thur, and Fri ... so Sat is for sure a possibility!
Old July 29th 2011, 02:46 PM
aka Michael

TCV played their first show at the metro on the sunday night after lolla.
If FF do a small show Ill be there.
Old July 29th 2011, 02:47 PM
I AM EVERYWHERE

Thumbs up Re: Lollapalooza Chicago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellis View Post
No shit.
Homer: "Oh Lisa, I just meant that marriage is like a coffin. And each kid is another nail..."
Enter at your peril. I will not be held responsible.

"To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old July 29th 2011, 02:50 PM
Everywhere But Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellis View Post
If so, will be great to see you. been ten years since you and I saw Foos in Chicago at the Riviera.
Old July 29th 2011, 03:04 PM
Polite as fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduh View Post
So, I've been doing a little investigating...

Someone tweeted Greg Kot (with the Chicago Tribune) and asked if he knew anything about a secret Foo show at the Metro Saturday night.

Greg's response: "nothing confirmed but Grohl has a looong history with that club."

So it's definitely possible - just hope if it happens I have an opportunity to get tix!
There are already aftershows with tickets already sold for other bands all weekend long. Metro is already locked up. If they do anything, it will be before festival starts. There are 'aftershows' around town even on the Wednesday and Thursday before.
Old July 29th 2011, 03:04 PM
aka Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
If so, will be great to see you. been ten years since you and I saw Foos in Chicago at the Riviera.
Seems like yesterday, I miss the old superfans.
Old July 29th 2011, 03:45 PM
Everywhere But Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeyT View Post
There are already aftershows with tickets already sold for other bands all weekend long. Metro is already locked up. If they do anything, it will be before festival starts. There are 'aftershows' around town even on the Wednesday and Thursday before.
I don't see anything booked for metro on sat
Old July 29th 2011, 03:50 PM
Polite as fuck

I still think if it happens it will be announced ahead of time and at the Vic Theatre because it holds more people, like Soundgarden was last year... It is also their first show back after an extended break, so they might not go back to back.

We shall see... I will be working a block from the Metro and four blocks from the Vic that afternoon so it will be a nice easy walk to get to either one. I would much prefer the Thursday as I have no work and could queue early.

Added on top of that, you have to have a horseshoe and a four-leaf clover jammed up your ass to get tickets, as the SG ones were gone in a blink.
Old July 29th 2011, 04:10 PM
I'll Stick Around

Cheers all. I'll be keeping an eye on the thread and hoping something pops up.

As for the post on Facebook yesterday, does that mean they're already in Chicago? Chicago may be up for some secret Foo action before I even get there next Thursday!
Old July 30th 2011, 02:40 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

For my own selfish reasons, I hope there are no secrect shows, because I won't be able to attend anything before or after Lolla. My schedule is fully booked with family and friends (ie. my real life) and then we jet back to Europe on Monday.

And, I too, wonder if FF are already in town? Isn't McCartney playing this weekend? Maybe they're here to see that

Hope everyone has fun at Lolla! I'm totally looking forward to it! We'll probably be somewhere towards the middle or even further back for the FF show, since my kid will be with me this time. He's only 8, so s bit too young and little to be on the rail
Old July 30th 2011, 02:49 PM
Polite as fuck

Yeah, Sir Paul tomorrow and Monday... I could see them come a little early for that and hang out for a couple days prior. This city is cool to hang in for a few days, as long as it is not January.
Old July 30th 2011, 02:58 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
This city is cool to hang in for a few days, as long as it is not January.
I'm just glad that some of the crazy heat of the past couple weeks has calmed down! Mid to low 80s and partly sunny skies would be perfect for next weekend.
Old July 30th 2011, 06:52 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Just because I'm curious, what other bands are you guys gonna check out Lolla weekend? List them.

My current plan (which I`m mostly happy with) goes:

Friday: The Vaccines, Foster The People, White Lies, A Perfect Circle, Crystal Castles, Muse (Aftershow: Tinie Tempah, Young The Giant)

Saturday: Super Mash Bros., Death From Above 1979, Deftones, Cee Lo Green, Atmosphere, Eminem (Aftershow: Fences, Titus Andronicus)

Sunday: City and Colour, Flogging Molly, Cage the Elephant, Arctic Monkeys, Explosions in the Sky, FOO FIGHTERS

Someone wanna suggest any changes so that I avoid disappointment? I mean, are there any musical acts on my list that just aren`t that great to watch live? Or any band that I should check out instead?
Old July 30th 2011, 07:00 PM
Polite as fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenV View Post
Just because I'm curious, what other bands are you guys gonna check out Lolla weekend? List them.

Friday: The Vaccines, Foster The People, White Lies, A Perfect Circle, Crystal Castles, Muse (Aftershow: Tinie Tempah, Young The Giant)

Saturday: Super Mash Bros., Death From Above 1979, Deftones, Cee Lo Green, Atmosphere, Eminem (Aftershow: Fences, Titus Andronicus)

Sunday: City and Colour, Flogging Molly, Cage the Elephant, Arctic Monkeys, Explosions in the Sky, FOO FIGHTERS

Someone wanna suggest any changes so that I avoid disappointment? I mean, are there any musical acts on my list that just aren`t that great to watch live? Or any band that I should check out instead?
Your Sunday is pretty rock solid...DFA1979, Deftones, and Atmosphere are good Saturday. (Who is up against Eminem?) and Friday all I would care about is APC and deffo Muse as their show is amazing.
Old July 30th 2011, 07:32 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Your Sunday is pretty rock solid...DFA1979, Deftones, and Atmosphere are good Saturday. (Who is up against Eminem?) and Friday all I would care about is APC and deffo Muse as their show is amazing.
My Morning Jacket, Beirut and Pretty Lights are headlining opposite Eminem on the Saturday.

MMJ and Eminem are on par for me when it comes to interest but I've already seen MMJ* and this might be the only chance for me to check out Eminem so why not, right?

* WAAAAAAAAAY back in 2003, opening for the Foos at the show in Toronto that was taped for the "Everywhere but Home" DVD
Old July 30th 2011, 07:48 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:

I'm liking the look of your Friday, I'll be doing similar. I'm checking out Young the Giant instead of the Vaccines but I see you're going to the after show so that's cool.

Check out The Naked and Famous and Delta Spirit between The Vaccines and Foster The People. Also, any interest in Two Door Cinema club before A Perfect Circle? I've seen them live a couple of times, a lot of energy and their debut album was really good.

I'm a bit bummed that Coldplay and Girl Talk are on at the same time as Muse. I've seen all three before a couple of times and Muse obviously wins but I'd like to see them all in their own right for different reasons.

First time to Chicago, first time for a festival in the US, first time for the Foo's since Wembley, god this will be awesome!
Old July 30th 2011, 07:55 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
* WAAAAAAAAAY back in 2003, opening for the Foos at the show in Toronto that was taped for the "Everywhere but Home" DVD
I've got that on my iPod, it's one of my favourite live sets. Danny Clinch on the harmonica during Stacked Actors right?

"I'm gonna dedicate this one to you, for your birthday OK? This one's called For All The Cows..."

EDIT - It was Reykjavik where Danny played on Stacked Actors

Last edited by tommyboyau : July 30th 2011 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Danny Clinch
Old July 30th 2011, 07:55 PM
Polite as fuck

Quote:
My Morning Jacket, Beirut and Pretty Lights are headlining opposite Eminem on the Saturday.

MMJ and Eminem are on par for me when it comes to interest but I've already seen MMJ* and this might be the only chance for me to check out Eminem so why not, right?

MMJ is a solid live band... I would skip Eminem as I don't think there would be much substance there, but that is just me. MMJ at Hangout in May were fantastic.
Old July 30th 2011, 07:57 PM
Polite as fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboyau View Post
I'm liking the look of your Friday, I'll be doing similar. I'm checking out Young the Giant instead of the Vaccines but I see you're going to the after show so that's cool.

Check out The Naked and Famous and Delta Spirit between The Vaccines and Foster The People. Also, any interest in Two Door Cinema club before A Perfect Circle? I've seen them live a couple of times, a lot of energy and their debut album was really good.

I'm a bit bummed that Coldplay and Girl Talk are on at the same time as Muse. I've seen all three before a couple of times and Muse obviously wins but I'd like to see them all in their own right for different reasons.

First time to Chicago, first time for a festival in the US, first time for the Foo's since Wembley, god this will be awesome!
I could skip Coldplay 13 times out of 10 for Muse.

You will have a great time in the beautiful city!