Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 21st 2011, 02:15 PM
I'll Stick Around

Question Anyone see the Memphis show??

I am surprised there is no thread on the Memphis show. Anyone go? Was curious how the show went, turnout, setlist, response, etc...
9-17-2011......St. Louis, Scottrade Center
Old May 21st 2011, 02:34 PM
Everything Is Awesome

Default Re: Anyone see the Memphis show??

I know. I was expecting the same type of thing. If it helps, I almost went to it but decided to cut my trip short.
Old May 21st 2011, 02:35 PM
Visiting is pretty...

yea i was waiting for a review too lol.
Old May 21st 2011, 02:41 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Found the setlist here

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/foo-fi...-63d3da0b.html
Old May 21st 2011, 02:52 PM
Everything Is Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy030 View Post
Seems to be the same as Little Rock.
Old May 21st 2011, 04:11 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2 View Post
Seems to be the same as Little Rock.
Yeah i wouldn't expect it to be much different.
Old May 21st 2011, 05:07 PM
I'll Stick Around

I was there, and all 3 bands kicked serious ass! Motorhead blew me away, and the Foos were outstanding. Great setlist too. I was really happy to HJP and For All the Cows. Seriously, this was the best and loudest show I have ever been to. My ears are still ringing.
Old May 21st 2011, 06:08 PM
Everything Is Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy030 View Post
Yeah i wouldn't expect it to be much different.
Exactly. They aren't known for changing up their shows from night to night.
Old May 21st 2011, 07:03 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I was there and they tore down the house. Everywhere you looked people were smiling.
Old May 21st 2011, 08:39 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Default A rock n roll extravaganza in Memphis last night...

What a show. If you've never seen the Foo Fighters, or even if you have, this current tour will top them all in my opinion. Last night was one of the best rock shows I've ever attended. I've been going to concerts since the mid 70's and seen damn near every rock band that toured in the South and this one is right up there all time. The setlist was near the same (they played School's Out and not Tie Your Mother Down) and they came on at 9:15 and left right around midnight. Not many rock bands in this day and age play that long anymore. Springsteen, Rush, Pearl Jam to name a few, but that is about it. Outside of not playing Aurora, I was pleased with every song.

The new songs sounded great and I was pleasantly surprised at how well Arlandria and Miss the Misery sounded. Dave slowed down during For All the Cows while some woman was needing attention down front. Kudos to anyone who stood all night near the stage. It had to be exhausting. 4 hours total of music not counting standing in line to get in.

Right before Everlong, Dave invited a guy up on stage who he had met at a Starbucks the day before. Dave told a story about how he couldn't get any room service so he went out to a Starbucks which was literally across the street from the FedEx Forum. Anyway, he said a crowd started gathering (imagine that) and he was the only one in there eating as people were talking to him. The guy he invited up on stage was one of the people he met at the Starbucks. Dave asked him if there was anything he wanted to ask and he said that he wanted to propose to his fiance'. So up comes the fiance' and the guy proposes to her and Dave invites them to set on Taylor's drum riser while they played Everlong. I bet they won't ever forget that.

I recorded a few songs that I'll link up later along with some pics of the merch table. Some new shirts that aren't on the website. The two new shirts they have added to the store (black and white with "Since '95" on them) were not for sale at the stands last night. They also had a cool poster for sale with the Memphis date on it that I would assume is only going to be available at the shows.

Last edited by Let It Die : May 21st 2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old May 21st 2011, 09:07 PM

Excellent show last night. 2 hrs and 45 minutes. One of the best I've ever seen. I don't know if Dave's voice will be able to take playing that long, but I'm going to try and see them as many times as possible on this tour. Not many bands today give you that much for that long.
Old May 21st 2011, 10:00 PM
Have you found your way around

Default Re: A rock n roll extravaganza in Memphis last night...

Wow! Sounds amazing. That is like my dream proposal too. lol

Got some pics on my FB of the Foo and Dead Peasants:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1183758839
Old May 21st 2011, 10:26 PM
I'll Stick Around

LID:
That is so Dave! What a wonderful thing, and at the end of the show even!

I think we would all love pics etc. If ya got em, start a Memphis photo thread!
Old May 21st 2011, 10:30 PM
I'll Stick Around

Sounds like a cool show. Lucky girl getting proposed to onstage at a Foo Fighters gig. I can't wait to see your pics and video.
Old May 22nd 2011, 01:45 AM
Visiting is pretty...

What LET IT DIE said, x1000.

Me and my friends were about 10 ft from the runway, 30ft from the stage deck on the House Right side, and yes, we stood there and rocked all night. Our backs were all killing us this morning (and none of us are over 30!)

But I want to give a special shout-out to the technical staff and crew. The audio, lighting, and video was all top-notch and perfectly executed. One memorable moment for me was when they brought the screens low and created a more intimate environment for "Let It Die". It really made the song crazy powerful. My friends couldn't stop talking about the scissor-platform at the back of the house. And of course "All My Life" and "The Pretender" were impossible to not rock out to, in some part due to the awesome lighting and video design.

But yea, long story short, best concert me or any of my other friends had ever attended, and probably the best we ever will attend.

....till they come back for the next album tour ;-)
Old May 22nd 2011, 02:16 AM
I'll Stick Around

it was such a great show like many of you have already said. i went to the show in little rock a few days ago and this crowd seemed much better and louder. might have just been because the memphis crowd was a lot larger though.
the only thing that kind of disappointed me was that i was able to get backstage passes from this crew guy we met in after the show in arkansas and it didn't end up working out. the other people who had passes and i were lead into a room and waited around for probably 30 or 45 minutes only to be told that there had been some miscommunication and the band had already left. i shouldn't be complaining though since i know i'm lucky to have been able to get passes in the fist place and also i ran into them randomly the night before at their hotel while they were leaving for dinner. plus, i know they had a show in alabama today which i'm guessing they were in a hurry to leave for after the show.
Old May 22nd 2011, 08:08 PM
I'll Stick Around

I'll agree with Let It Die and KuhlQat. This was my 5th Foo show and 3rd in a row (Tulsa & Little Rock) and this was the best show I've attended. I had a primo spot on the rail where the catwalk extends and they put his mic at. I did close to the rail towards the front the other nights and I thought this was a much better place.

The band was out and about the evening before the show on Beale Street. They had a few extra people with them, some that I recognized as part of the road crew and a woman that sat next to Dave at Dinner that I think was maybe a road manager or backstage person. I didn't see Shiflett at dinner with them, but the other 4 and the keyboard guy was there with them.

I think the Memphis show was much louder and the crowd seemed much more engaged than Tulsa and Little Rock but that may be because there were so many more people there. I didn't see many people sitting down during the entire show.

We had a girl go down in the crowd right beside me. It took forever for the medic to come out and when he did he said she was having a panic attack. She had started to convulse a little bit and she had a medical kit with her so she must have had some kind of condition that flared up. They gave her a dose of her meds, a bottle of water and whisked her out of there.

There were a lot of people that started the show out near the rail but I don't think they expected it to last as long as it did so they ended up retreating towards the back of the crowd after awhile. They couldn't hang...it was funny.

At the end of the show Chris grabbed a setlist and threw it to this lady who had given him some cupcakes during the day before the show. She owns a cupcake business and sells a cupcake called "Monkey Wrench" and I guess Chris went to her shop. He spotted her down by the rail and threw her the setlist. I thought that was cool of him to do. I was by her and her family at all 3 shows this week.

I'm wore out. 10 hour drive back home from Memphis and I slept long and hard last night. I've been to over 100 concerts in my life and this was the best show I've ever attended, hands down. I've never rocked out so hard, jumped so much, screamed so loud...I have several unexplained bruises, my knees hurt, my feet hurt, my calves are BURNING, I still have no voice and I have noticeable hearing issues.

Can't freakin' wait for KC and St. Louis.
5/17/2011 Tulsa, OK
5/18/2011 Little Rock, AR
5/20/2011 Memphis, TN
9/16/2011 Kansas City, MO
9/17/2011 St. Louis, MO
145 live bands and counting...
Old May 22nd 2011, 08:32 PM

Here are some videos from the Memphis show. They didn't turn out as good as I would've liked because my camera had focus issues with the lighting at times. Low light = fuzzy focus. I recorded Rope but haven't upped it to youtube yet becuase it was so blurry. Audio is fine though. I was a little over halfway back on the side of the venue in the lower level. Funny part that I wish I had recorded was right after Best Of You. Dave said, "Thanks 117A!", thanking a section at the back of the arena. Heh.

I hate watching videos with camera shaking and there are a couple of spots that happens because I was on the row of small bladders and large beer runs it seemed. I had an aisle seat and I had to hold the camera above their head as they walked by to keep from getting their fat heads in the video. I'll add some pictures later this evening.

My Hero:

http://youtu.be/Fb5nwAiVuOQ

Best of You:

http://youtu.be/IaHeeSFA_SQ

Times Like These:

http://youtu.be/LSGkJp69pyY

Everlong:

http://youtu.be/yLqYoZXOF64

And the one, the only, Let It Die:

http://youtu.be/mtOSBJgXqkM

Last edited by Let It Die : May 22nd 2011 at 08:38 PM.
Old May 22nd 2011, 09:06 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2 View Post
Exactly. They aren't known for changing up their shows from night to night.
Only difference I remember was instead of playing Tie Your Mother Down by Queen like they did at Tulsa, they played School's Out by Alice Cooper in Memphis.

Concerts I've been to:
NSYNC (don't remember date, I was 4 yrs old)

Foo Fighters in Tulsa 5-17-11
Foo Fighters in Memphis 5-20-11
Old May 23rd 2011, 01:40 AM
Everything Is Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickNickNick View Post
Only difference I remember was instead of playing Tie Your Mother Down by Queen like they did at Tulsa, they played School's Out by Alice Cooper in Memphis.
They played both in Little Rock.