Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 9th 2012, 01:55 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default How Foo Fighters Saved My Life

When I was in 5th/6th grade, I was bullied, humiliated, and had about every sucky thing a kid can do to another kid done. While I was going though those tough times (right around 1995), this awesome band made its way to my ear drums, and I was hooked. You guys became my escape. I've been through tougher times and thought about ending my life several times, but the music you guys have given to us, your fans, saved me and, most likely, others. I find I'm able to relate all of your songs on some degree, no matter how minute. Musically, you are the best band today HANDS DOWN. I've sene you twice in New Jersey (Once at the IZOD center and once at the Prudential Center) and I don't know how the hell you do it. You play for 3 hours and have every fan on their feet the entire time. You play such a variety of songs and give nothing but the best every time you play and for that, you guys deserve every accolade that has come your way and, more importantly, deserve to be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

However, I was really saddened when I heard this week that you guyss were taking a hiatus. I totally get it...Dave, I figured out your genius long ago...you don't want things to go stale and become the same (though, I could follow you guys on a US tour and not get tired of it.)

I felt this story was really important to tell not only the band, but the rest of the fans who live and breathe your music. Somehow, someway, I will meet you guys and Dave, forgive me, but after I'm done crying I'd want to give you a hug for being a friend to me when no one else was and the same goes to Taylor, Chris, Nate, and Pat.

I can't wait to see what the FOO-ture holds. I pray I get the honor of seeing you guys perform again soon.
Old October 9th 2012, 03:16 PM
Have you found your way around

Default Re: How Foo Fighters Saved My Life

I think it's safe to say that Dave's screaming saved me some amount of money in therapy bills (especially in high school). Glad to know they helped you through the tough times too!
Old October 9th 2012, 09:10 PM
Yawn.

This makes me feel happy.

And fucking old as dirt.

my friend told me i should hve 120 babies tonight and i was like no &*ckiing way man that would ruin ky vagina and it would turn into like a wizard sleeve and flap at every slifght breeze of and babies are way gross
Old October 9th 2012, 10:59 PM

This makes me feel happy too. And old as dirt

This band kinda "saved my ass" too. the situation/circumstances are very different. but it gives everyone -fans/band alike, a real sense of how "the simple things in life" can be so big.

My name is Travis and I'm from the Ukraine

I'm never as happy as when I'm on that rail.
Old October 9th 2012, 11:04 PM

And welcome to the board.

My name is Travis and I'm from the Ukraine

I'm never as happy as when I'm on that rail.
Old October 10th 2012, 09:43 PM
I'll Stick Around

I think the Foos saved lots of people! Glad they helped you and welcome to the board :-)
Old October 23rd 2012, 09:02 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

I can totally relate to you cause foo fighters have pulled me through allot of hard times (and good times to ha ha)........music saved me to, and still does..........I am sure everyone can relate to that
♥I know my username sucks♥
Old October 24th 2012, 03:19 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Im the same. Foo Fighters have gotten me through a lot of stuff. If Im ever feeling down about anything the foo will always help out. Theyre the only band that will do it for me every time and that is why they are my favorite band.
Just Hangin' On

Xcel Energy Center 9/14/2011
Old October 24th 2012, 03:46 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

They've never saved my life but, oddly enough, One By One has getting me through my most depressing times. It can be so angry.