Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 10th 2014, 04:42 PM
God as my witness

Default Anyone seeing a MegaBundle yet?

Just curious if anyone is seeing a Mega Bundle yet? Not only am I curious if they are actually making it out today... but the idea of only 20 of them being signed is starting to sound.....

Don't get me wrong... I am not doubting the person who posted it. I saw the post. But this is how urban legends are actually born. Someone hears something, they share it, others read it, they share it, yet more others share.... it's true.....

By the way did you know that Billy Idol has been dying of HIV since about 1988 or 89? It MUST be true...been talked about for years.

I am in no way doubting the guy who posted it that the response he got back from is inquiry was indeed "20".... but I am sure it was about the 1649th time he or she had been asked.... (to be fair I say that because I've had a science fiction like shock device wired to me that would jolt me every time I considered writing myself to ask or it would have been an even 1650)

So I thought if anyone had started seeing their's yet we'd get a better idea.

I know they've done a lot.... but it just did not make sense to me. Why announce it and get so many people's hopes up over only 20 being signed. Seriously.... that just does not "feel" like them. For a group that has done so much for the people that support them. They wouldn't have had to announce they were signing them. It would have been more of a trip if they were signing that few..... they would have got WAY more publicity if they DIDN't tell the masses and a few of them and by a few I mean......20.... did show up signed upon delivery. IN fact that would have likely made national news with all of the other things they are doing right now. But to sell it with this much hype and then include they heart racing, blood pumping, adrenaline building thought that YOU TOO COULD HAVE AN AUTOGRAPHED EDITION !!!!!

And then only 20 of them go out.

Well it's just not in line with the generosity of the band. The manner in which Dave does things. I mean think about.... with WL.... he took the master tapes and cut them up into little pieces (a thought I still can't begin to comprehend) and placed as many of the pieces into the first release media as he could so he could share the history of it with the people who love them so much. And he knows the ones buying first are the true diehards.... the true FFF (Foo Fighter Followers).

Maybe I'm totally wrong. Maybe my thoughts are too optimistic. In any case this whole thing... the series, the stories and yes the music for those who would be naysayers. It's all been a gift. An ongoing mission from Dave and the band to try to snap the music industry out of it's shock and to try and help people see what's happened to the art over the last decade by showing us where it all came from prior to the world of television tryouts for the music industry...... But that's a subject for another post.
Old November 10th 2014, 04:45 PM
Fooper!

Default Re: Anyone seeing a MegaBundle yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJ View Post
Just curious if anyone is seeing a Mega Bundle yet? Not only am I curious if they are actually making it out today... but the idea of only 20 of them being signed is starting to sound.....

Don't get me wrong... I am not doubting the person who posted it. I saw the post. But this is how urban legends are actually born. Someone hears something, they share it, others read it, they share it, yet more others share.... it's true.....

By the way did you know that Billy Idol has been dying of HIV since about 1988 or 89? It MUST be true...been talked about for years.

I am in no way doubting the guy who posted it that the response he got back from is inquiry was indeed "20".... but I am sure it was about the 1649th time he or she had been asked.... (to be fair I say that because I've had a science fiction like shock device wired to me that would jolt me every time I considered writing myself to ask or it would have been an even 1650)

So I thought if anyone had started seeing their's yet we'd get a better idea.

I know they've done a lot.... but it just did not make sense to me. Why announce it and get so many people's hopes up over only 20 being signed. Seriously.... that just does not "feel" like them. For a group that has done so much for the people that support them. They wouldn't have had to announce they were signing them. It would have been more of a trip if they were signing that few..... they would have got WAY more publicity if they DIDN't tell the masses and a few of them and by a few I mean......20.... did show up signed upon delivery. IN fact that would have likely made national news with all of the other things they are doing right now. But to sell it with this much hype and then include they heart racing, blood pumping, adrenaline building thought that YOU TOO COULD HAVE AN AUTOGRAPHED EDITION !!!!!

And then only 20 of them go out.

Well it's just not in line with the generosity of the band. The manner in which Dave does things. I mean think about.... with WL.... he took the master tapes and cut them up into little pieces (a thought I still can't begin to comprehend) and placed as many of the pieces into the first release media as he could so he could share the history of it with the people who love them so much. And he knows the ones buying first are the true diehards.... the true FFF (Foo Fighter Followers).

Maybe I'm totally wrong. Maybe my thoughts are too optimistic. In any case this whole thing... the series, the stories and yes the music for those who would be naysayers. It's all been a gift. An ongoing mission from Dave and the band to try to snap the music industry out of it's shock and to try and help people see what's happened to the art over the last decade by showing us where it all came from prior to the world of television tryouts for the music industry...... But that's a subject for another post.
I made the post about the number of box sets being signed.That is the response I received from the foos store.I don't know if I was just being fobbed off or they just picked any number.I don't see a reason for them to lie though.
Sportpaleis Arena,Antwerp,2018
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old November 10th 2014, 04:46 PM
The Sidekick

That is a heck of a lot of words which essentially amount to 'I don't believe only 20 are signed'.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old November 10th 2014, 04:54 PM
God as my witness

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
I made the post about the number of box sets being signed.That is the response I received from the foos store.I don't know if I was just being fobbed off or they just picked any number.I don't see a reason for them to lie though.
I wasn't doubting YOU at all... I'm just surprised by only 20 going out and the number of people who ordered and the idea of how many people who would be let down. I hope you did not mistake me for doubting your response. I just think we won't really know till we start seeing them. You're answer is the best one out there so far. You got a response from somebody.

I'm just pulling S**T out of the air cuz it feels funny to me.... and not the funny like Foo's Truck Stop video promoting the Wasting Light tour.
Old November 10th 2014, 04:58 PM
The Sidekick

I don't see how you can be let down when initially they were on sale with no mention of any being signed.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old November 10th 2014, 05:00 PM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
I don't see how you can be let down when initially they were on sale with no mention of any being signed.
Plus they didn't have to sign any at all.Surprised they found the time to do it!
Sportpaleis Arena,Antwerp,2018
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old November 10th 2014, 05:02 PM
God as my witness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
That is a heck of a lot of words which essentially amount to 'I don't believe only 20 are signed'.
Yeah I get like that sometimes when I'm anxious. I either talk too much or too little. Funny thing is... when it's face to face it's way too little. It's like peanut allergy localized to my tongue.

It's really not good. I have a photo of me with Bob Mould where for some reason it kicked in that night. You can tell on Bob's face that syndrome derailed me. It's actually VERY funny when you know the whole story.
Old November 10th 2014, 05:03 PM
Colors inside the lines

I didn't realize that Dave personally cut up the WL master tapes.

*wears a helmet at all times*
Old November 10th 2014, 05:09 PM
God as my witness

OK.... I think my point was missed. Somehow this is turning against me. I'm not criticizing the band. You're all making excellent points and I should have stuck to a simple question of....

"has anyone had their's arrive yet?"

I was simply sharing some thoughts and actually I was expressing NOT being let down i expressed the entire process of the music, the series and the fact that Dave is continually trying to tell people not to be afraid to try is a great gift.

I don't see HOW that could be interpreted as me being let down. I made one point that, to me, seemed to feel funny in comparison to the generosity of the bands history. There was no criticism. Not sure why it's being taken that way.
Old November 10th 2014, 05:16 PM
The Boss

I have a few posts up in the foofighters.com forum about Sonic Highway related orders.

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old November 10th 2014, 05:46 PM
God as my witness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
I have a few posts up in the foofighters.com forum about Sonic Highway related orders.
Thanks Jill. New to the forum and had not seen that. And I did not mean to imply to anyone of disappointment. I'm honestly a little taken back given the amount of negativity I've read from people on the music or show. But I can see how it may have come off that way.

I think the guys are some of the most generous and down to earth people in the entertainment business.
Old November 10th 2014, 06:03 PM
The Boss

I didn't think you were negative. No worries.

I have my thick skin in place anyway. Record release day is always challenging. Just trying to be proactive.

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old November 10th 2014, 09:11 PM
I'll Stick Around

In a way signing only 20 makes sense because if they ended up signing a lot more than but not all of them (say half of the mega bundles) then there'd be a lot of upset fans about not getting a signature when every 2nd person got one

Remember these started selling on the premise that none were being signed

It was really cool that the signed those lithographs for Wasting Light but I don't think that should mean they're bound to do the same sort of thing every album

On the other hand these mega bundles are pretty expensive...
Old November 13th 2014, 11:59 PM
Visiting is pretty...

So did anyone get a freakin Bundle yet!!?? Lol
Old November 14th 2014, 12:06 AM
The Sidekick

I think most/all people in the US had a delivery date for tomorrow.

--
Old November 14th 2014, 12:08 AM
I'll Stick Around

Mine is scheduled for tomorrow!

Dave Grohl
Old November 14th 2014, 12:17 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Mine is shipped an Ups said delivery by Tuesday the 18th . Im cyced!!
Old November 14th 2014, 12:19 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Does anyone know how many bundles were made? Jyst wondering because I really want one of those flexi disc's.
Old November 14th 2014, 04:09 AM
I'll Stick Around

Got mine today...not autographed. Box is big and well made.
07/14/97 Tulsa, OK
09/24/97 Dallas, TX
06/06/00 Dallas, TX
10/22/00 Las Vegas, NV
10/29/00 SF, CA
04/22/03 Dallas, TX
09/15/05 Dallas, TX
01/23/08 Dallas, TX
07/04/15 Washington, DC
11/15/17 Tulsa, OK
Old November 14th 2014, 05:16 AM
keep on Grohling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5ive View Post
Got mine today...not autographed. Box is big and well made.
Pics please!
03 july 2017 Accord hotel Arena; Paris

instagram: https://instagram.com/Vinycode70/
Discogs: http://www.discogs.com/user/Nicode70