Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 13th 2017, 10:23 PM
Cause everyone's just too weird

Default Re: Barrett Jones shares SH outtake with Dave's unheard solo version of 'Gods Look Do

Anyone seen this yet? Because I haven't.

Also, from the comments section:
Quote:
Brian Davids 3 weeks ago

PLEASE tell me you'll post the song that begins with, "Faking me out cuz time's on my hands..." or something like that.

Laundry Room Studio 3 hours ago

check back soon....
Hmmm...
Old July 13th 2017, 11:38 PM
Ready on your mark

Default Re: Barrett Jones shares SH outtake with Dave's unheard solo version of 'Gods Look Do

Lawd

Adelaide / Sydney, 2011
Brisbane / Sydney / Adelaide, 2015
Gold Coast, 2015 (Chevy Metal)
Philadelphia, 2016 (Chevy Metal)
Sydney, 2017 (Chevy Metal)
Adelaide / Brisbane / Sydney, 2018
Old July 14th 2017, 12:20 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by matineeidyll View Post
And please when all else is finally said and done - how the fuck does he come up with something so incredibly relevant as the title "Slackers Password" waaay back then? That was basically pre fucking internet for god's sake.

And part 2 - will someone kindly yell me WTF the digital clapboard is doing in there. Was is there actual intention to release all of the footage as a doco or something?

EDIT - nevermind - obviously it was "for" SH

Last edited by FooZealand : July 14th 2017 at 12:36 AM.
Old July 14th 2017, 12:46 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

I just noticed this comment from Barrett on the Jerky Floaty post too...

VGMusic Explorers - 5 months ago
So where is that Dave Grohl/Foo Fighters Boxet of unreleased material. He has plenty of it apparently. 

Laundry Room Studio - 3 weeks ago (late Jun 17)
Believe me I want to put that box set out as well. There's almost 40 songs!

Last edited by FooZealand : July 14th 2017 at 12:58 AM.
Old July 14th 2017, 08:36 AM
Have you found your way around

I love Barret. He needs to keep buttering Dave up to get these released!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Leeds Festival 05 -- MEN Arena 05 -- Hyde Park 06 -- Metro Arena 07 -- Eastlands stadium 08 -
Old July 14th 2017, 09:46 AM
The Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post

So where is that Dave Grohl/Foo Fighters Boxet of unreleased material. He has plenty of it apparently. 

Yeah he's told me the same thing a couple of times, after this catch up session there definitley seems intent between them to put more out.

Quote:
And please when all else is finally said and done - how the fuck does he come up with something so incredibly relevant as the title "Slackers Password" waaay back then? That was basically pre fucking internet for god's sake.
Well curiously it was credited as 'Wasting Time' in the initial doc credits, but evidently he does sing 'slackers password'. Either way if they've given it a new name it does lend even more credence to an official release!

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old July 14th 2017, 09:53 AM
The Sidekick

Also if you look closely you'll notice something else interesting, they appear to have been watching unseen footage of them in the studio, you can see a still frame of Nate and Will in what looks like Robert Lang briefly at 1:20. Definitely video because it has a timestamp on it from a camcorder.

Oh and actually, he explains the title change in a comment

Quote:
I think what happened was that I wrote "wasting time" on the actual 1/2' inch reel of tape when we recorded the song (just going by the chorus), but I just recently found the lyrics and the song was titled "Slackers Password"

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.

Last edited by Simon : July 14th 2017 at 04:34 PM.
Old July 14th 2017, 04:01 PM
The finder of things...

wow....Slackers Password is awesome.
Old July 14th 2017, 05:15 PM

From the story Dave tells during the I'll Stick Around video, it sounds like there was already major record label interest in a Dave project, either solo or with a band, even before the Foo Fighters demo was recorded. He stops short of saying that was the main reason he went into Robert Lang Studios to rerecord enough of his material to fill a record, but it's a reasonable assumption from the way Dave's telling the story. Unless Dave's getting his chronology confused, it's aslightly different version of how the Foo fighters began than we've heard before.

I'm wondering why Barrett is playing ISA from a taped interview and not the master. Does he not have the master?
Old July 14th 2017, 05:32 PM
The Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFooFan View Post
From the story Dave tells during the I'll Stick Around video, it sounds like there was already major record label interest in a Dave project, either solo or with a band, even before the Foo Fighters demo was recorded. He stops short of saying that was the main reason he went into Robert Lang Studios to rerecord enough of his material to fill a record, but it's a reasonable assumption from the way Dave's telling the story. Unless Dave's getting his chronology confused, it's aslightly different version of how the Foo fighters began than we've heard before.

I'm wondering why Barrett is playing ISA from a taped interview and not the master. Does he not have the master?
Well I assume it was for that purpose, so they could cover the story of it being aired and what they discussed. Can't see any reason he'd not have the master.

It is weird though, how everything about this ISA demo just passed us all by. Nobody recorded it, or if they did, it never circulated. Nobody talked about it, nobody knew about the significance of it being aired and record labels getting wind of it. Very bizarre.

--
Old July 14th 2017, 05:45 PM
How Do You Do

That's the very first time I've ever read 'I'll Stick Around' as an acronym.

Admin @FooFightersUK
Old July 14th 2017, 06:09 PM
the user formerly known as mexicanFOO

Quote:

Hope it happens soon.
Was "I'm alone again" recorded with him? Imagine a qualiticious crispyclean-ish version of that. Dayum.
Old July 14th 2017, 06:25 PM
How Do You Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto View Post
Was "I'm alone again" recorded with him? Imagine a qualiticious crispyclean-ish version of that. Dayum.
omg i would just DIE. that's my favourite Foo song y'all

Admin @FooFightersUK
Old July 14th 2017, 06:26 PM
The Sidekick

I updated the relevant sessions for this on my site, FYI

Allister Lobb, April 1992 session
November 8th 1992 session

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto View Post
Hope it happens soon.
Yes, he was producer on that session, but it's not really tied to his solo demo sessions that Barrett is referring to. The stuff he recorded with him between 88 and 95.

The thing with 'I'm Alone Again' is it is already out 'somewhere' in better quality. The woman who traded it out, Liz, had a DAT and dubbed off cassettes, so the first people to get them had first gen cassettes which should sound pretty good. However the current copies out there are from a much more generated tape. It's claimed third, but it sounds more like fourth or fifth to me.

--

Last edited by Simon : July 14th 2017 at 06:32 PM.
Old July 14th 2017, 06:37 PM
How Do You Do

Lightbulb Re: Barrett Jones shares SH outtake with Dave's unheard solo version of 'Gods Look Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Also if you look closely you'll notice something else interesting, they appear to have been watching unseen footage of them in the studio, you can see a still frame of Nate and Will in what looks like Robert Lang briefly at 1:20. Definitely video because it has a timestamp on it from a camcorder.
Barrett, you're probably reading this. Do upload these videos to YouTube! (though there may well be a plan to release them officially, as some form of Foo documentary in the future. But as they didn't make 'Back and Fourth' then who knows...)

Admin @FooFightersUK
Old July 15th 2017, 02:06 AM
Fresh Fighter

"Slackers Password"
wow just wow.

Barrett Jones has a pure gold mine in his possession.
Patiently waiting for a box set!!!
Old July 15th 2017, 07:35 AM
Lets sing a song of life and joy with us

Watered It Down is my favorite so far from these outtake videos. Mainly because the song is so cheesy. Slackers Password sounds killer though.

Pat Smear is actually an android. During one memorable show in England he short circuited, electrocuting Dave whose hair then caught fire

Chris: "You guys, I couldn't hear myself out there."
Dave: "We all heard ya, man."
Taylor: "Yeah, we heard you just fine."
Chris: "Oh. Well, ok..."
Old July 15th 2017, 10:28 AM
The Sidekick

Remember we do already have the full instrumental version of 'Watered It Down'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftT83hlA45o

Anyway a few times Barrett has mentioned "about 40 songs", here is what I can come up with based on what I know

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEx6SkbXUAETrzw.jpg:large

That is 35, so perhaps a few more we don't know about.

--

Last edited by Simon : July 15th 2017 at 01:41 PM.
Old July 15th 2017, 05:36 PM

I'm totally pulling this out of my ass, but I wonder if it's possible Linus and Lucy turned into Weenie Beenie.
Old July 15th 2017, 09:31 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

so awesome to see this stuff coming out after so many years!