Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Foo Side Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 21st 2010, 03:56 PM
Everywhere But Home

Default Re: Them Crooked Vultures Las Vegas - Roll Call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leecy View Post
Well interestingly enough they were standing behind Dave & I when we were talking and they were doing this thing where they would go "Alright, folks.." like they were trying to act like they were security and getting people to start winding it up. I would look over at them and they kept saying it over and over.. meanwhile I'm trying to get the behind the scenes story of Fresh Pots from Dave and I'm distracted by "alright folks.." and then them snickering at their crafty work.
what the heck!? I didnt hear that. I couldn't hear anything when dave was telling the fresh pots story. why would someone ask him about that and then walk away while he was mid telling the story?
Old April 21st 2010, 04:01 PM
Cause everyone's just too weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
what the heck!? I didnt hear that. I couldn't hear anything when dave was telling the fresh pots story. why would someone ask him about that and then walk away while he was mid telling the story?
I didn't understand that either. Dave was totally talking to him and the guy kept backing off and then suddenly was gone and so Dave grabbed my arm and finished the story. ?????

Who walks away from Dave when he's talking to you??
Old April 21st 2010, 08:00 PM
Everywhere But Home

Here is the poster from Vegas, pretty sweet!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...52145359_1.jpg
Old April 21st 2010, 08:20 PM
I'll Stick Around

That's a very cool poster. Glad you guys had a blast.
Old April 22nd 2010, 11:16 PM
I'll Stick Around

Whew - finally made it back to Atlanta. What astoundings shows in Vegas and Denver. Super fun added value was to meet Carole, Tai, Lara, Cosmo and the others whose names escape my feeble brain - you guys helped make the show great for me. I guess next time, I'll know about Mr. Lucky before the very last minute.
Old April 26th 2010, 04:00 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I liked the show a lot, although I'm sure there was more than "one foo fan" in the crowd ready to pummel Josh for talking trash about playing Everlong as the final song... lol

I have a spare Vegas poster if anyone is interested - some dbag spilled his beer on me as he was staggering out of the place at the end of the show, splashed a little bit on the back of the rolled up poster. I bought a second poster just in case, but front side of the first poster turned out ok. If someone's interested in buying it and isn't worried about it being 100.00% mint for investment purposes I'll sell it for what I paid - $20, plus whatever it would cost to buy a tube and ship it to you.
Old April 26th 2010, 04:05 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Did anyone else make it to Taylor Hawkins' gig last night in Las Vegas? It's a shame that the crowd was so sparse - couldn't have been more than 100 people there at Wasted Space, I was able to stand right up at the stage.
Old April 26th 2010, 04:22 PM
Cause everyone's just too weird

I thought the Everlong comment was hysterical.

I know Kevin was at Taylor's show last night along with Lara.
Old April 26th 2010, 04:48 PM
I AM EVERYWHERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCity FooFan View Post
I liked the show a lot, although I'm sure there was more than "one foo fan" in the crowd ready to pummel Josh for talking trash about playing Everlong as the final song... lol

I have a spare Vegas poster if anyone is interested - some dbag spilled his beer on me as he was staggering out of the place at the end of the show, splashed a little bit on the back of the rolled up poster. I bought a second poster just in case, but front side of the first poster turned out ok. If someone's interested in buying it and isn't worried about it being 100.00% mint for investment purposes I'll sell it for what I paid - $20, plus whatever it would cost to buy a tube and ship it to you.
*waves* me, if no one else has claimed it yet! I'll PM you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leecy View Post
I thought the Everlong comment was hysterical.

I know Kevin was at Taylor's show last night along with Lara.
I was indeed! Nice to finally meet Kevin, I had spotted him at the Vultures show the week before but didn't get a chance to say hello.
Homer: "Oh Lisa, I just meant that marriage is like a coffin. And each kid is another nail..."
Enter at your peril. I will not be held responsible.

"To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old April 26th 2010, 04:52 PM
WWLD?

Sin City - sent you a PM about the poster.

Oh how I wanted to hit up the Santa Barbara and Las Vegas Taylor shows!! But sadly was not able. But the San Diego show was super tiny and the Troubadour was fantastic! Got to the Kimmel taping as well, for a 2 song taster set.

Vegas was a blast!! Parts I don't remember a whole lot of, but it was just so nice to be able to let loose and not have to worry about a thing!! Definitely left me wanting more moments like that!

EDIT: ah, I see that Lara has also PM'd you about the poster. Fair enough. It will look much better on her Vulture wall than in my work cube.

Last edited by Tai : April 26th 2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old April 26th 2010, 07:03 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Tai PM'd first - but if you two want to work out another arrangement that's up to you.

I should have posted up the poster sooner... After clicking on Lara's gig pic link, I realize I was standing less than five feet away last night - could have just handed it over while we were standing in line.
Old April 26th 2010, 07:21 PM
WWLD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCity FooFan View Post
Tai PM'd first - but if you two want to work out another arrangement that's up to you.

I should have posted up the poster sooner... After clicking on Lara's gig pic link, I realize I was standing less than five feet away last night - could have just handed it over while we were standing in line.
So close, and yet so far!! I've PM'd both you and Lara. I'd love to see it go home w/ Lara and sit properly next to the others!! Who knows, she may very well be back to Vegas before heading home and you can pass it off face to face after all.
Old April 26th 2010, 08:10 PM
Everywhere But Home

what time has taylor been taking the stage? im trying to plan east coast shenanigans.
Old April 27th 2010, 01:01 AM
WWLD?

SinCity - check your PM. Let me know the easiest way to get payment to you and we'll go from there. Thanks so much for putting the poster out there.
Old April 27th 2010, 02:07 AM
I AM EVERYWHERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
what time has taylor been taking the stage? im trying to plan east coast shenanigans.
It varied; San Diego was 9:30ish, is that right Tai? But SD and Vegas were a lot later; closer to 11-11:30. So I'm not sure what the deal will be over there; probably depends on the club.
Homer: "Oh Lisa, I just meant that marriage is like a coffin. And each kid is another nail..."

"To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old April 27th 2010, 02:11 AM
I AM EVERYWHERE

Thumbs up Re: Them Crooked Vultures Las Vegas - Roll Call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai View Post
SinCity - check your PM. Let me know the easiest way to get payment to you and we'll go from there. Thanks so much for putting the poster out there.
You check your PMs too honey, we can both have one if you like!

Old April 27th 2010, 02:38 AM
WWLD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
You check your PMs too honey, we can both have one if you like!
TAG. your turn to check your PMs.
Old April 27th 2010, 02:41 AM
I AM EVERYWHERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai View Post
TAG. your turn to check your PMs.
Done.

Old April 27th 2010, 02:53 AM
Screams in silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago View Post
I am bummed that we didn't see each other at either show. I did see your boyfriend at the merch table after the Vegas gig; I'm sure he thought I was some kind of stalker because I went up to him and said, "hey, you're Janine's husband, aren't you? Where is she?". He said he couldn't find you then, either, so if he told you someone asked him about you, it was me.

Hope you guys had a good time - I know that we did!!!!! It was so nice to finally meet a bunch of people from the board in person.

I'm bummed too. He didn't mention it that I remember, but that merch table was so crazy, he may have forgotten. I was in that line too and have an extra poster if anyone needs one. I went to NY the next morning and just got back Fri. night so I haven't had a chance to post on here. PM me if anyone wants it for cost +shipping.

My friends were having dinner at Ago before the show and Dave was too. They all ended up in a hallway line outside of the bathroom at the same time and Dave told them to go check out the Fresh Pots video. He must really like it.
Old April 27th 2010, 03:02 PM
WWLD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
It varied; San Diego was 9:30ish, is that right Tai? But SD and Vegas were a lot later; closer to 11-11:30. So I'm not sure what the deal will be over there; probably depends on the club.
Yup, San Diego was about 9:30ish. The Troubadour show seemed more "on a schedule" - but my guess is they were up and performing by 10p. Sounds like the Santa Barbara and Vegas shows started quite a bit later.

I'd say to play it safe, Emily, be there by 9.