Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Frequent Post Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 25th 2007, 03:42 PM
your mum

Default Re: If you must, criticize ESPG here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherak View Post
I don't get why people hate Erase/Replace SO much. Yeah, it's a bit drawn out at times, but it's not 'the worst song recorded by the Foo' as people are claiming it to be.
it is.

it's worse than 'the one'
Old September 25th 2007, 03:47 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Taste View Post
Erase/Replace is not so bad I think, but the foos could have found a better chorus...The two songs I really don't appreciate are the Ballad of the B.M and But Honestly; the first one is pleasant to hear but quite repetitive and not necessary, and the second one could have been a good rocky track if the guys had dropped that crescendo idea already at the heart of Let it die and Come Alive.
Erase/Replace does draw out a little, and could have been much more- but its still a good track one of the better ones. SO far statues and home from this album, are pretty bad. But Burnaway remains the worst song the foos have ever recorded.
I don't understand 'Ballad...' the guitar works gorgeous, and its atmospheric but its basically the same small guitar line repeated over and over again for 3mins. What was the point in it? But its still not bad....
Glasgow secc 2002<br /
Big day out 2003
T IN THE PARK 2005
SECC 2005
Edinburgh-Meadowbank 2007/
T in the park 2011
Reading festival 2012
Old September 25th 2007, 05:12 PM
I'll Stick Around

ESPG is missing something and it is the rock. It seems like they intentionally didnt want to include the more rocking songs on the disc even tho they were the better ones. I always thought One By One was set up perfectly. Each song mixed well with the one preceeding it. This is what my tracklisting would have looked like..

1. The Pretender
2. Bangin
3. Erase/Replace
4. Long Road To Ruin
5. Let It Die
6. Stranger Things Have Happened
7. Summer's End
8. Once and For All
9. Cheer Up Boys
10. Statues
11. But Honestly
12. Come Alive

The Ballad is okay, but we could have use that track time for Once and For All. Home is alright, but Bangin should have definately been on there.
Old September 25th 2007, 05:26 PM

i think home really deflates the album as the last song, i'd have but honestly as the last song. And they needed one more song that was uptempo as the album needed a boost after statues. Its a good album which could have been great with one more rock song.
Glasgow secc 2002<br /
Big day out 2003
T IN THE PARK 2005
SECC 2005
T in the park 2011
Reading festival 2012
Old September 25th 2007, 05:50 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Thumbs up Re: If you must, criticize ESPG here...

Man I think Home is such a good song. It does not deflate the album. It ends it right! The album has definitely grown in me, at first I was like, weeirrd, but, I've learned to love it. I like it more than IYH now, it is different but it's very foofighterlike. I can't wait to see them soon again.
Foo fighters are such a great band, I look forward to more albums.
Old September 25th 2007, 08:16 PM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookie View Post
it is.

it's worse than 'the one'
slap yourself.
Old September 25th 2007, 09:35 PM

I just can't believe it. I am so over this album. I just can't believe a Foo album has disappointed me so much... Actually quite depressed about it.

The only way you can enjoy it is if you crank it up to 11 and even then you have to imagine more drums and guitars.

This doesn't mean to say it is a bad album. It's still a good one in it's own right and I recognise that, just not what I was after. Bangin' shines over most songs.... If that was in there somewhere it would probably redeem it somewhat... I agree with whoever it was who posted the order for the album how it should have been...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Leeds Festival 05 -- MEN Arena 05 -- Hyde Park 06 -- Metro Arena 07 -- Eastlands stadium 08 -
Old September 25th 2007, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevthedrummer View Post
I just can't believe it. I am so over this album. I just can't believe a Foo album has disappointed me so much... Actually quite depressed about it.

The only way you can enjoy it is if you crank it up to 11 and even then you have to imagine more drums and guitars.

This doesn't mean to say it is a bad album. It's still a good one in it's own right and I recognise that, just not what I was after. Bangin' shines over most songs.... If that was in there somewhere it would probably redeem it somewhat... I agree with whoever it was who posted the order for the album how it should have been...
i've yet to hear Bangin, i really think this album needed one bad ass tune inbetween the stream of accoustic and piano songs. To kind of lighten the mood a little at the end. But there are plenty of songs to keep me goin with the end of 'let it die' is fucking outrageous. I guess i'm the only one who thinks Home is a little self-absorbed and the piano plods away, i really don't like it. BUt there is songs and arrangements in this album which borders on genius at times.
Glasgow secc 2002<br /
Big day out 2003
T IN THE PARK 2005
SECC 2005
T in the park 2011
Reading festival 2012
Old September 25th 2007, 10:01 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Thumbs up Re: If you must, criticize ESPG here...

There shouldn't be that much criticism to the Foos, period.
The people who are saying Horrible, Awful, etc.. couldn't even begin to tell how to make great fucking music. The way I see it, anyone can say they don't like something. But When people put music way down, and they can't even fucking make good music themselves. That's awful, pathetic, horrible, and a very big disappointment. Foos, you did fucking great as always.

Old September 25th 2007, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlong_farp_rock View Post
i've yet to hear Bangin, i really think this album needed one bad ass tune inbetween the stream of accoustic and piano songs. To kind of lighten the mood a little at the end. But there are plenty of songs to keep me goin with the end of 'let it die' is fucking outrageous. I guess i'm the only one who thinks Home is a little self-absorbed and the piano plods away, i really don't like it. BUt there is songs and arrangements in this album which borders on genius at times.
I still think that Let It Die has room for another guitar... needs to be heavier still, there is something missing there... And it just sounds weird to have Dave screaming over a bit that should sound heavier.... If you get me.

Like in the old days, he used to only scream when it really mattered, at crucial parts of the song, something he overuses now to make it more "rock and roll" - I know he only screams at the very end but like I say I just don't think it fits as well as it does in say The Pretender...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Leeds Festival 05 -- MEN Arena 05 -- Hyde Park 06 -- Metro Arena 07 -- Eastlands stadium 08 -
Old September 25th 2007, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicismyblood View Post

The people who are saying Horrible, Awful, etc.. couldn't even begin to tell how to make great fucking music. The way I see it, anyone can say they don't like something. But When people put music way down, and they can't even fucking make good music themselves. That's awful, pathetic, horrible, and a very big disappointment. Foos, you did fucking great as always.
please calm down, its a message board to state opinions. When your fans of something, like me with baseball for instance when a player on my team blows the game i'll call him a bum and shit...that doesn't mean i'm comparing it to my own abilities i'm comparing it to the standard set to what i'm a fan of. I have such ridiculous standards for the foos, if i don't like a song i'll say it. But 90% of this album-is fucking genius.
Glasgow secc 2002<br /
Big day out 2003
T IN THE PARK 2005
SECC 2005
T in the park 2011
Reading festival 2012
Old September 25th 2007, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevthedrummer View Post
I still think that Let It Die has room for another guitar... needs to be heavier still, there is something missing there... And it just sounds weird to have Dave screaming over a bit that should sound heavier.... If you get me.

Like in the old days, he used to only scream when it really mattered, at crucial parts of the song, something he overuses now to make it more "rock and roll" - I know he only screams at the very end but like I say I just don't think it fits as well as it does in say The Pretender...
What you speak of regarding Dave screaming, that was a major problem in IYH- he screamed everything, even in soft melodic bits jus to sound rock'n'roll. And it was bloody awful. It was like he forgot what he did right in the first 2albums-like songs such as 'hell' he's right it was hell...to listen to.... I think this one is much better becuase he actually uses a nice vocal range, and in the heavy bits he screamed when it mattered and in the accoustics it was softer.
I think let it die is good as it is. But i think the Pretender is the real standout song still- i think that song is a masterpiece. I am not as dissapointed with this album as you seem to be, but i know its lacking something- and i can't quite pinpoint it- but it really badly needed one song there at the end as a tribute to their heavy roots. Just one. I really think that stands in its way as being one of the elite albums, as it is its still class.
Glasgow secc 2002<br /
Big day out 2003
T IN THE PARK 2005
SECC 2005
T in the park 2011
Reading festival 2012
Old September 25th 2007, 10:16 PM
I'll never say goodbye

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicismyblood View Post

My god, it must be nice to be so naive and sheltered from the world. Take the rose-tinted glasses off and realise that bands make bad music and bad albums.

I fucking HATE people who can't accept that.
Old September 25th 2007, 10:48 PM

You are right, but the album is good.
Old September 25th 2007, 10:50 PM
your mum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff17 View Post
You are right, but the album is good.
go to the praise thread then or i'll shit in your ear
Old September 25th 2007, 10:54 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I get the feeling the Foos are surrounded by "Yes" people these days... you know the type of people in a big corporation which always agree with the boss because he's the big cheese. So when people hear these songs in the studio they probably say "wow that sounds great Dave" when really there probably thinking to themselves "wow that sounds like rubbish" lol

Don't get me wrong, I love the foo fighters, there freaken awesome and still my favourite band. Just this album is a big low in my book.
If they wanted to write piano music or try and serinate me with these songs then they should've just gone off for a while and did a project band like Probot or something and comeback with hard hitting foo stuff.

Anyway I'm off to listen to One by One, TNTTL and then the Colour and the Shape and remember the foos how they used to be!
Old September 25th 2007, 11:06 PM
Cause everyone's just too weird

Quote:
That's the funniest thing I've seen on the board in awhile.

And BOO ESPG!
Old September 25th 2007, 11:32 PM

Quote:
good one.
Old September 26th 2007, 12:56 AM
your mum

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodthepretender View Post
I get the feeling the Foos are surrounded by "Yes" people these days... you know the type of people in a big corporation which always agree with the boss because he's the big cheese. So when people hear these songs in the studio they probably say "wow that sounds great Dave" when really there probably thinking to themselves "wow that sounds like rubbish" lol

Don't get me wrong, I love the foo fighters, there freaken awesome and still my favourite band. Just this album is a big low in my book.
If they wanted to write piano music or try and serinate me with these songs then they should've just gone off for a while and did a project band like Probot or something and comeback with hard hitting foo stuff.

Anyway I'm off to listen to One by One, TNTTL and then the Colour and the Shape and remember the foos how they used to be!

well obviously there's going to be a lot of 'yes' men on their postboard.

but some people have trouble accepting not everyone is going to be happy with it
Old September 26th 2007, 03:51 AM
Banned

ive been into foo fighters since self titles this album is crap