Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 8th 2011, 11:46 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Default Question

If someone is offering me all the Foo Fighters albums in Vinyl, and they are all sealed (supposedly) isn't $500 a bit high? Or am I a bit off on how much vinyl actually costs.

Not any singles, just all the studio albums.

I have been looking to getting into collecting the Vinyl for awhile and just wanted to know if this price was too high or just right, maybe even a bargain?
Old February 9th 2011, 07:08 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Default Re: Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by arob7777 View Post
If someone is offering me all the Foo Fighters albums in Vinyl, and they are all sealed (supposedly) isn't $500 a bit high? Or am I a bit off on how much vinyl actually costs.

Not any singles, just all the studio albums.

I have been looking to getting into collecting the Vinyl for awhile and just wanted to know if this price was too high or just right, maybe even a bargain?
I have a true sealed copy of all the US LP's except There Is Nothing Left To Lose. I turned down an offer of $300 US the other week for TCATS. Maybe it is worth that, but in 10 years time it will be worth 3 to 5 times that.

I have a post under the recent TCATS fake thread of the record next to my unsealed copy. Its VERY easy to find a sealed copy - and VERY likely to be a bootleg. It is a double record and WILL WILL WILL have ringwear somewhere if it is real.

If they are all real then all 7 LPs/sets probably are worth about $500 sealed in my opinion. If i was standing in front of them with the folding I would hand it over for sure, on-line not so much... be wary, just a fake TCATS and you've been screwed.

Last edited by FooZealand : February 9th 2011 at 07:10 AM.
Old February 9th 2011, 08:27 AM
Have you found your way around

Like Foozealand says watch out for the fake TCATS but if they are all genuine i could see the price going over $500. But not much more. In time they will be worth a hell of a lot more.
Stockholm Stadion, Stockholm 062211

Ullevi, Gothenburg 061215

Old February 9th 2011, 09:22 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

for about 300$ you can get them all not sealed. What is it point to get it all sealed for 200$ extra?I think the value of TCATC is pushed up by ebay. last week there was an original for about 40$ sold.
If you think its counterfeit just go for the UK release.
Just my opinion.
a plus is that you safe on shipping cost. if you buy them together

Last edited by longever : February 9th 2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old February 9th 2011, 12:16 PM
I'll Stick Around

If they all for real, then go for it, dude!
Old February 9th 2011, 02:15 PM
A star burned out

take a look at Simon's thread on how to spot a fake TCATS copy, it's pretty detailed and after reading it you're pretty much able to judge that, so if you don't have photos of the LPs, I would ask for them just so you know what you're dealing with. Also, would be a good precaution to ask for pics of all of them, because if it's someone with a fake TCATS trying to be smart, maybe it wouldn't be clear to him that you're suspicious of that, but just curious about the whole material.
• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •