Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old February 10th 2018, 05:36 AM
JLFox's Avatar
JLFox JLFox is offline
These Are My Famous Last Words
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 31
Default Soldier (2017 Single)

Am I the only fan who has not even known has not heard this song before?
I didn't even know that the Foos came out with a single last October and I am a huge fan and saw them three times in 2017. Love the song and it is exciting to hear a "new" Foo Fighters song.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old February 10th 2018, 07:30 AM
O.B.gene's Avatar
O.B.gene O.B.gene is offline
How Do You Do
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Southend, Essex
Posts: 25,429
Default Re: Soldier (2017 Single)

where were you when it was released then? I like this song very much and wished it was on the album. it was, originally, but was taken off.
__________________
"Just because you have the ability to post, doesn't mean you always should." Jill (2015)

Admin @FooFightersUK
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old February 10th 2018, 05:48 PM
Simon's Avatar
Simon Simon is offline
The Sidekick
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 28,985
Default Re: Soldier (2017 Single)

Well, it's not a Foo Fighters single and they didn't release it themselves directly like actual singles, that's probably why. It was released on a compilation, "7 Inches For Planned Parenthood".

So it's in the same category as a song like 'A320', not a single like 'Everlong'.
__________________

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old February 10th 2018, 11:43 PM
JLFox's Avatar
JLFox JLFox is offline
These Are My Famous Last Words
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 31
Default Re: Soldier (2017 Single)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
where were you when it was released then? I like this song very much and wished it was on the album. it was, originally, but was taken off.
I have been around, the Foos never posted anything on IG and only retweeted the general planned parenthood tweet. Strange considering how much they post about other things.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old February 10th 2018, 11:45 PM
JLFox's Avatar
JLFox JLFox is offline
These Are My Famous Last Words
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 31
Default Re: Soldier (2017 Single)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Well, it's not a Foo Fighters single and they didn't release it themselves directly like actual singles, that's probably why. It was released on a compilation, "7 Inches For Planned Parenthood".

So it's in the same category as a song like 'A320', not a single like 'Everlong'.
That makes sense on why it never hit my radar until now, although there was another version to download that looked like a Foo Fighters single album cover.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old February 11th 2018, 01:12 AM
matineeidyll's Avatar
matineeidyll matineeidyll is offline
Ready on your mark
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Posts: 1,357
Default Re: Soldier (2017 Single)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLFox View Post
That makes sense on why it never hit my radar until now, although there was another version to download that looked like a Foo Fighters single album cover.
Was it this cover? Because it's a curious choice. http://i65.tinypic.com/2rxzhjn.jpg
__________________
"I've always been a slob. But you can be a slob with style." - Pat Smear

Adelaide / Sydney, 2011
Brisbane / Sydney / Adelaide, 2015
Gold Coast, 2015 (Chevy Metal)
Philadelphia, 2016 (Chevy Metal)
Sydney, 2017 (Chevy Metal)
Adelaide / Brisbane / Sydney, 2018
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old February 11th 2018, 02:41 AM
JLFox's Avatar
JLFox JLFox is offline
These Are My Famous Last Words
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 31
Default Re: Soldier (2017 Single)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matineeidyll View Post
Was it this cover? Because it's a curious choice. http://i65.tinypic.com/2rxzhjn.jpg
Yeah it was that cover.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.