Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 20th 2015, 11:36 AM
The Sidekick

Default Re: Record Store Day show in Niles, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
Confirmed - but I believe Outside replaced LTF, Everlong was well - there last of course lol:
https://scontent-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...46&oe=55DB8D1A

From my Ohio seller "ifightfoo" (yes actual eBay name - so a true fan)
"...show was amazing. Definitely once-in-a-lifetime. It was being filmed so hopefully it makes its way on a documentary or something...."

I can't be right on the content now of course but who knows...
http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthrea...19#post4040219
It's a nice thought but of course they have a heck of a lot of video of shows the last few years they've so far done nothing or very little with. Paladino's 2010, Roxy 2011, all of the garage shows, MK Bowl, all of those promos shows for SH and so on.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old April 20th 2015, 11:52 AM
How Do You Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
It's a nice thought but of course they have a heck of a lot of video of shows the last few years they've so far done nothing or very little with. Paladino's 2010, Roxy 2011, all of the garage shows, MK Bowl, all of those promos shows for SH and so on.
giant box set to be released 2025 I'm sure. giant box.
Old April 20th 2015, 11:54 AM
The Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
giant box set to be released 2025 I'm sure. giant box.
It would have to be humongous given how much stuff they have, I think drip feeding over many, many years is unfortunately much more likely. Hopefully the first significant drip will arrive on July 4th...

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old April 20th 2015, 12:09 PM
How Do You Do

They've pretty had every show pro recorded from the sound desk for years as well. Not that all that would need to be released it's good to know they've taken record of their career for the archives.
Old April 20th 2015, 12:45 PM
The Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
They've pretty had every show pro recorded from the sound desk for years as well. Not that all that would need to be released it's good to know they've taken record of their career for the archives.
Indeed they have, I'd wager they have something like 90%+ of their entire live show career board taped. I know the early days were, 2000 onwards was, it's only the late nineties I'm not sure on, and of course there may have been the odd show they couldn't board record.

Still yeah, their archives must be crammed.

--
Old April 20th 2015, 12:57 PM
Yo.

There was a video camera mounted on the speaker stage left and Josh filmed most of it. They also had a couple of people taking video from fans directly for the band. Def more to come from this one.

*asphalt non transferable* BEST PHRASE EVER.
Old April 20th 2015, 02:12 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Interesting. Selling free posters for $100-$125 and selling $10 event shirts for $100. And yes, I'm well aware of the capitalism/free market/don't like it, don't buy it argument.

Quote:
From my Ohio seller "ifightfoo" (yes actual eBay name - so a true fan)."
Old April 20th 2015, 09:36 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsejackblt View Post
Interesting. Selling free posters for $100-$125 and selling $10 event shirts for $100. And yes, I'm well aware of the capitalism/free market/don't like it, don't buy it argument.
S/he lined up with the rest, waited with the rest, went to the gig and is a fan. Enough of a fan that's their eBay name. If they then grabbed a half dozen of each thing to resell then I say good for them. Good for me too, because if people didn't do that then us collectors couldn't get them even if we were prepared to pay even more, can't but what isn't offered - and it's not like you are suddenly going into a store and being charged $10 for a pint of milk.

Might be some people who have paid those prices, but if you look at his/her listings you'll see "Or Offer" - I offered nothing like $100 each item, and each offer was accepted. Other stuff was thrown in free, had a good conv, learned more about the gig that I didn't know and got an absolute assurance that everything would be watertight and secure because they knew what it meant to a fellow fan. So s/he makes some money, doesn't mean they aren't a nice person.
Old April 20th 2015, 09:50 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Indeed they have, I'd wager they have something like 90%+ of their entire live show career board taped. I know the early days were, 2000 onwards was, it's only the late nineties I'm not sure on, and of course there may have been the odd show they couldn't board record.

Still yeah, their archives must be crammed.
There were three professional video cameras running for all of Christchurch and Auckland, left right and backstage - same in AUS, same everywhere since at least WL. Now granted their primary purpose is to feed video to the big screens, so it's hard to say if the default is to record as well, but they certainly CAN, since they definitely used at least "some" of the footage from those cameras in the These Days video. All of which to say - IF those gig cameras always record as well... the mind boggles.
Old April 21st 2015, 05:03 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
There were three professional video cameras running for all of Christchurch and Auckland, left right and backstage - same in AUS, same everywhere since at least WL. Now granted their primary purpose is to feed video to the big screens, so it's hard to say if the default is to record as well, but they certainly CAN, since they definitely used at least "some" of the footage from those cameras in the These Days video. All of which to say - IF those gig cameras always record as well... the mind boggles.
Another live Foo Fighters @ XYZ Stadium DVD.

EXACTLY what we need.
Old April 21st 2015, 07:11 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weenie Deanie View Post
Another live Foo Fighters @ XYZ Stadium DVD.

EXACTLY what we need.
Well maybe that's not your cup of (whatever) but if they were band released from their own footage I'd buy them all.
Old April 21st 2015, 10:49 AM
The Sidekick

Quote:
Yeah they definitely filmed that tour properly, as you say for the These Days video primarily. Whether they usually run tape on the video screen cameras though, who knows. You would assume so, given how easy it is with HDD based cameras nowadays.

I was actually hoping for that footage as a live release, from the 'preview' in the music video it looked great. Very well shot and great crowds. Obviously in the end we ended up with no official release at all the last tour, I'm kinda assuming this tour they'll release the July 4th extravaganza.

--
Old April 21st 2015, 06:12 PM
Yo.

So many cool photos on the FF site and FB page. People are still so freaking happy! I love it!!
Old April 22nd 2015, 01:00 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
So many cool photos on the FF site and FB page. People are still so freaking happy! I love it!!
It can never be a bad day when you get to see this sight - it's just so damn rare these days
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...7503ca1206 bc
Old April 22nd 2015, 01:05 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
I'm kinda assuming this tour they'll release the July 4th extravaganza.
I know we keep saying it - but we can but hope. My only concern is if it doesn't happen for this year when would they have a reason to do it. 25, 30? And there's so much there already the longer the more kinda "diluted" it would feel if they had even more to pick and mix from.
Old April 22nd 2015, 01:14 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
Well maybe that's not your cup of (whatever) but if they were band released from their own footage I'd buy them all.
I would too preferably in audio format though. I listen more than I watch because I can have it on in the background while I work. I've said it before, but I wish the Foos would release their live shows like Pearl Jam and Metallica does. The technology is there to do it much easier than back when they started. I have every official Pearl Jam boot released on cd and a number of Black Crowes shows. I just wish they would hop on the official boot bandwagon.
Old April 22nd 2015, 01:18 AM
Yo.

Quote:
It can never be a bad day when you get to see this sight - it's just so damn rare these days
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...7503ca1206 bc
Church!!
Old April 22nd 2015, 01:27 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
Church!!
Praise Grohl D
Old April 22nd 2015, 01:48 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Dave played drums at the small gig here back on Halloween. Got a few pics but he was obscured from me because of the cymbals. After the show, we got lucky and got a drum stick. Drum tech was nice enough to throw it out to my daughter. She about peed herself. Made up for not getting a pic with Dave after the show.
Old April 22nd 2015, 05:45 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let It Die View Post
I wish the Foos would release their live shows like Pearl Jam and Metallica does. The technology is there to do it much easier than back when they started. I have every official Pearl Jam boot released on cd and a number of Black Crowes shows. I just wish they would hop on the official boot bandwagon.
By having the same live show played over and over at Stadium X and Stadium Y, same jokes, same solo's, same burps?