Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old April 30th 2011, 01:26 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Default Re: Foo Fighters 2011 Tour Dates

There will definitely be a clause in their contract before after playing Lollapalooza about playing in Chicago area or 120 miles from the area for 90 days at least. I don't see a Chicago indoor or outdoor show in the fall. Maybe January/February 2012.
Old May 1st 2011, 09:26 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of Brad Nut View Post
There will definitely be a clause in their contract before after playing Lollapalooza about playing in Chicago area or 120 miles from the area for 90 days at least. I don't see a Chicago indoor or outdoor show in the fall. Maybe January/February 2012.
As long as it's sometime this year or early next year i don't care. I'll be patient.

How do you know this about a contract restricting them to shows? I would have figured headliners really could do whatever but I guess not. Ive been to Lollapalooza a few times. It's filled with a bunch of jackasses with no tastes in music, it's usually a hundred degrees and you're packed in like a sardine all for the low price of $215. It's really not worth it but I'll probably have to bite the bullet and pay $90 for a single day ticket.
Old May 1st 2011, 06:39 PM
Visiting is pretty...

It would be nice if they came to chicago besides Lollapalooza. I became a huge fan after seeing my first show at the allstate arena in february 2008. It was the best night of my life and changed the way i will view music for the rest of my life
Old May 3rd 2011, 01:43 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRESHPOTS505 View Post
It would be nice if they came to chicago besides Lollapalooza. I became a huge fan after seeing my first show at the allstate arena in february 2008. It was the best night of my life and changed the way i will view music for the rest of my life
Cool I was there too. That was an awesome show.
Old May 3rd 2011, 05:27 AM
I'll Stick Around

http://colunistas.ig.com.br/luciorib...-na-argentina/

Is this true?
Old May 3rd 2011, 06:14 AM
A star burned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivefake View Post
yes.
• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •
Old May 3rd 2011, 06:20 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Does anyone know when we can expect more U.S Dates to be announced?
Old May 3rd 2011, 10:25 AM
I'll Stick Around

Location: Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNESS View Post
yes.
WHAAT? IS THAT TRUE? DUDE, DON'T PLAY WITH THIS.. IT WILL GIVE ME A HEART-ATTACK!!

Seems like another rumour to me,, but FUCK!! I have to go to school now and i will have this doubt within the next 6 hours till i get out.. FUUUUCK!
Old May 3rd 2011, 12:46 PM
Visiting is pretty...

^
I hope they'll go there. It kinda sucks that they always go to the same countries. Always the usual USA / Canada, AUS / NZ, UK / West Europe and Japan.

What about Central Europe (they only played in Hungary once), East Europe, South American or Asia?
Old May 3rd 2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricker182 View Post
I say they will. At least I sure hope so. Lollapalooza is way overrated. Not to mention I don't want to have to spend $90 and wait around all day just to see the Foo.
Talk about a brutal day...having to wait around an entire day with all types of live music all around you. I couldnt imagine a worse senario in life.
Old May 3rd 2011, 04:16 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentinaIsSorryAbout92 View Post
WHAAT? IS THAT TRUE? DUDE, DON'T PLAY WITH THIS.. IT WILL GIVE ME A HEART-ATTACK!!

Seems like another rumour to me,, but FUCK!! I have to go to school now and i will have this doubt within the next 6 hours till i get out.. FUUUUCK!
Aghhhhhh why don't they make it official and let us die silently..
Old May 3rd 2011, 05:21 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurie-x View Post
Aghhhhhh why don't they make it official and let us die silently..
This.

I'm frankly can't stand it anymore..
Old May 3rd 2011, 05:47 PM
A star burned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentinaIsSorryAbout92 View Post

that guy is a very well-know and hugely well-connected brazilian columnist, he loves to play around with this stuff but everytime he just announces it without beating around the bush, it tends to be true. he has the needed connections and if he was officially related to the bands he writes about, I'm sure notes like this would be considered official.

don't take it this way just yet, official anouncements are the only ones to be trusted, but I wouldn't think it would be a stretch to think this as 98% true.
• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •
Old May 3rd 2011, 06:04 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNESS View Post
that guy is a very well-know and hugely well-connected brazilian columnist, he loves to play around with this stuff but everytime he just announces it without beating around the bush, it tends to be true. he has the needed connections and if he was officially related to the bands he writes about, I'm sure notes like this would be considered official.

don't take it this way just yet, official anouncements are the only ones to be trusted, but I wouldn't think it would be a stretch to think this as 98% true.
Oh..my...

Someguy who works here for T4F (apparently, i don't know exactly) said that in a 90% sure that they would arrange everything to come on december 1st. He also "predicted" the arrival of Paul McCartney and AC/DC to South-America.. So.. this is getting shape. anyway i can't completely start to light up fireworks 'til the official confirmation. but it's a huge step ahead, definetely.
Old May 4th 2011, 10:58 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Chile in December?? tell me that is true!
Old May 4th 2011, 11:42 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frixhias View Post
Chile in December?? tell me that is true!
Lot's of news saying that Brazil is confirmed for November, Argentina for December 1st, so.. I wouldn't be surprised if they go to Chile too..
Old May 5th 2011, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laci View Post
^
I hope they'll go there. It kinda sucks that they always go to the same countries. Always the usual USA / Canada, AUS / NZ, UK / West Europe and Japan.

But as we in NZ have the loudest crowds & Foos sell the most albums here in relation to our population, they really have to come here
Old May 5th 2011, 04:16 AM
A star burned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostrocker815 View Post
But as we in NZ have the loudest crowds & Foos sell the most albums here in relation to our population, they really have to come here
I'm sure the population of NZ is the happiest in the whole world because of that.
Old May 5th 2011, 04:44 AM
A star burned out

well, looks like Argentina is now 100% confirmed for december 1st: http://www.omelete.com.br/musica/foo...-na-argentina/

this is the biggest brazilian entertainment website and they don't put out news without checking them first, so you can start your fireworks now.

other shows in latin america will happen for sure, just a matter of time for their announcements as well.
Old May 5th 2011, 05:49 AM

Thumbs up Re: Foo Fighters 2011 Tour Dates

Wow! So happy for all of you South American fans! For as long as I have lurked and posted on this board, you have been asking, begging, pleading for the Foo Fighters to come to you, and now they are! Awesome
Closed Thread