Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 17th 2012, 04:48 PM
I'll Stick Around

Default Re: Petition To Convince Foo Fighters To Perform "white Limo" At The Grammys

How about a cover of Nicki Minaj's "Super Bass?"
Old January 17th 2012, 11:39 PM
Have you found your way around

Default Re: Petition To Convince Foo Fighters To Perform "white Limo" At The Grammys

I sign this petition under protest, I think they should whip out something newer.
Old January 20th 2012, 08:21 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Did I miss some part where people started deciding that every song on this record isn't a rocker? I get the logic some people have but you're not gonna get the "fuck you, establishment" move from this band in their 40s? Nevermind that Nirvana was in a completely different position where a lot of Kurt's relationships with the industry itself, his peers, etc were acrimonious, the fact is he was a fucking 25 when they did that...

I'd rather them play something that's gonna make them stand out the most and give them the biggest push with people that haven't really seen them live. White Limo is fun and all that, but the type of people who are gonna be surprised and swayed by hearing that live aren't watching the fuckin Grammys.

All they need to do is have one of those performances where every other act on that stage is fucking embarrassed (i.e. like they did every night when they were opening for the Chilli Peppers 11 years ago, or at most of the festivals they've played, or Live Earth) and it will be more of a battle cry for rock n roll then a 3 minute screamer with silly indecipherable lyrics could ever do

The more I think about it, the more it seems like Walk is the likely candidate. It was a bigger hit than the two followup singles and works the best for a standalone performance because how it builds itself up into this huge fucking arena anthem within the first minute or so.
Guys in their mid-40s saying "fuck you, establishment": RATM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfZGUdcBBLc

They were told not to do the "fuck you I won't do what you tell me" part--they did it anyway.
9/16/2011 Sprint Center, Kansas City
Old January 20th 2012, 08:44 PM
I'll Stick Around

They should play Butterflies or Podunk.

www.foofighterslive.com - If you recorded a Foo Fighters or a Nirvana concert or know someone who did, please let me know!
"Crime is redeemed by remorse, but not by a blow of the axe or slipknot. Blood has to be washed by tears but not by blood." - Victor Hugo.
Old January 20th 2012, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 46 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMfUJk-hvF4

I assume this is what you're referring to.
Never saw that before... that was pretty cool! Nice-looking stage set-up too.
Old January 21st 2012, 12:39 AM

I would like to see Miss the Misery
Old January 26th 2012, 02:03 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUalum06 View Post
I would like to see Miss the Misery
agreed.....I was thinking and wishing that just today....and figuring "probably not"..... that song's never mentioned as much as the others, altho I loved it right away, it's fantastic (like the whole record, of course)
Old January 26th 2012, 02:13 AM
Shaking like the thunder Sinking under

Thumbs up Re: Petition To Convince Foo Fighters To Perform "white Limo" At The Grammys

Quote:
Originally Posted by applefel View Post
agreed.....I was thinking and wishing that just today....and figuring "probably not"..... that song's never mentioned as much as the others, altho I loved it right away, it's fantastic (like the whole record, of course)
MTM was in the movie Real Steel-which BTW I hope gets some recognition at the Academy awards. Hugh Jackman, Evangeline Lilly, Kevin Durand, Anthony Mackie all gave great performances!
Especially Dakota Goyo-kid can act!!!

MTM ,great song! And yes... album rocks!
Old January 26th 2012, 10:46 AM
I'll Stick Around

I've been hearing a lot of inspirational stories about Walk that makes me appreciate the song more. So now I'm keeping faith alive for a Walk+White Limo medley. Come on guys, Adele's going to win the big prize (going by the commercial), so might as well make the most of the stage.
Old January 26th 2012, 09:00 PM
Never knowing who to believe

Thumbs down Re: Petition To Convince Foo Fighters To Perform "white Limo" At The Grammys

Quote:
I now want "Wheels"
God no

Old January 27th 2012, 03:26 AM
Shaking like the thunder Sinking under

Thumbs up Re: Petition To Convince Foo Fighters To Perform "white Limo" At The Grammys

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline no View Post
I've been hearing a lot of inspirational stories about Walk that makes me appreciate the song more. So now I'm keeping faith alive for a Walk+White Limo medley. Come on guys, Adele's going to win the big prize (going by the commercial), so might as well make the most of the stage.
Walk is MOST Inspirational on album YES!!
Old January 28th 2012, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Did I miss some part where people started deciding that every song on this record isn't a rocker? I get the logic some people have but you're not gonna get the "fuck you, establishment" move from this band in their 40s? Nevermind that Nirvana was in a completely different position where a lot of Kurt's relationships with the industry itself, his peers, etc were acrimonious, the fact is he was a fucking 25 when they did that...

I'd rather them play something that's gonna make them stand out the most and give them the biggest push with people that haven't really seen them live. White Limo is fun and all that, but the type of people who are gonna be surprised and swayed by hearing that live aren't watching the fuckin Grammys.

All they need to do is have one of those performances where every other act on that stage is fucking embarrassed (i.e. like they did every night when they were opening for the Chilli Peppers 11 years ago, or at most of the festivals they've played, or Live Earth) and it will be more of a battle cry for rock n roll then a 3 minute screamer with silly indecipherable lyrics could ever do

The more I think about it, the more it seems like Walk is the likely candidate. It was a bigger hit than the two followup singles and works the best for a standalone performance because how it builds itself up into this huge fucking arena anthem within the first minute or so.
I think someone should get laid.

White Limo would be awesome but I don't care if they play Rope/Walk, I love those songs and I'm going to enjoy it anyway

"If you think about it with an open mind, music can be nameless, it can be faceless - it can just be music"

Last edited by fighterboy : January 28th 2012 at 01:51 AM. Reason: mistake