Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 28th 2017, 12:31 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Thumbs up I Would Like Some Advice

Hello, this is one of your fans, Tsion Detweiler. I know this is probably not going to be read, but I thought it worth a try. I have been playing piano since I was six, and guitar for about two years now playing about five hours every day for the first year and a half, and I have a few questions.

I feel that I am at a point where I should form a band because I am already able to fluently play songs like Stairway to Heaven, Dust In the Wind, and yes a few Foo Fighters songs. I know how to form a band and everything, but I was wondering how you start a career in music like working for a studio or whatever it is musicians do.

I was also wondering if I should really take the time to learn sheet music and all that. I'm self taught (and I prefer it that way as I have dropped out of lessons twice) but I can't tell if being able to read it would be useful to me, so I want your opinion.

On one last note, I would like to personally apologize, because we can't afford tickets to your concert in Iowa, but at least it's a miracle you came here at all.
Old October 28th 2017, 05:32 PM
Colors inside the lines

Default Re: I Would Like Some Advice

The band doesn't come around here to respond to comment or questions.

I can't answer your questions but I'm from Iowa City so Hi! They've been to Iowa before but it's usually Council Bluffs.

*wears a helmet at all times*