Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #201  
Old February 3rd 2018, 09:39 PM
wol's Avatar
wol wol is offline
Normal
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Here.
Posts: 8,674
Default Re: Australia & New Zealand Tour 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Unfortunately Iím too short to catch shit at shows! Everyone else seems to be able to catch stuff apart from me!
Hear hear! I think we are about the same height.
__________________
I don't even have any good skills.
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old February 3rd 2018, 10:26 PM
matineeidyll's Avatar
matineeidyll matineeidyll is offline
Ready on your mark
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Posts: 1,357
Default Re: Australia & New Zealand Tour 2018

Taylor tossed a stick deliberately in my direction during 'Sunday Rain' but this kid who already had two setlists and three picks got right in front of my face and grabbed it instead. Then Yeti handed him more gear at the end. Yeesh.
__________________
"I've always been a slob. But you can be a slob with style." - Pat Smear

Adelaide / Sydney, 2011
Brisbane / Sydney / Adelaide, 2015
Gold Coast, 2015 (Chevy Metal)
Philadelphia, 2016 (Chevy Metal)
Sydney, 2017 (Chevy Metal)
Adelaide / Brisbane / Sydney, 2018
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old February 3rd 2018, 11:27 PM
Poppy4580's Avatar
Poppy4580 Poppy4580 is offline
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 3,144
Default Re: Australia & New Zealand Tour 2018

The only time I have gotten stuff after a show is if someone deliberately chucks it in my direction.

Shifty has thrown me umpteen picks but I've actually only managed to catch about 3 of them.

I've never caught a stick or gotten a set list.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old February 3rd 2018, 11:29 PM
Poppy4580's Avatar
Poppy4580 Poppy4580 is offline
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 3,144
Default Re: Australia & New Zealand Tour 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by matineeidyll View Post
Taylor tossed a stick deliberately in my direction during 'Sunday Rain' but this kid who already had two setlists and three picks got right in front of my face and grabbed it instead. Then Yeti handed him more gear at the end. Yeesh.
That pisses me off....especially as you quite often see all that stuff for sale on eBay the next day
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old February 4th 2018, 01:26 AM
trevgreg's Avatar
trevgreg trevgreg is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,144
Default Re: Australia & New Zealand Tour 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
Glad you had a great time despite the rain and you got a bit of Duran Duran so I hear.....awesome!!!
I need video of this... NOW.

Edit: Never mind... 45 second rough jam at 3:25 mark.
__________________
2005: St. Paul
2006: Chicago, St. Paul (Dylan)
2008: Minneapolis, Indianapolis
2011: St. Paul
2015: St. Paul, Chicago (Wrigley), Anaheim (9/19)
2017: Chicago (Metro), Madison, Des Moines, Sioux Falls
2018: Milwaukee, St. Paul

Last edited by trevgreg : February 4th 2018 at 02:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old February 4th 2018, 02:32 PM
Rockhoundnz's Avatar
Rockhoundnz Rockhoundnz is offline
I'd rather leave than suffer this
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tauranga, New Zealand
Posts: 680
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevgreg View Post
I need video of this... NOW.

Edit: Never mind... 45 second rough jam at 3:25 mark.
Can you post a link, please?

Also, I forgot to mention that during Weezerís set I saw Dave behind a fence to the side of the stage and he put on a raincoat with a hood and went through the gate and wandered out into the crowd for about half an hour! How cool is that?
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old February 4th 2018, 03:04 PM
Rockhoundnz's Avatar
Rockhoundnz Rockhoundnz is offline
I'd rather leave than suffer this
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tauranga, New Zealand
Posts: 680
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhoundnz View Post
Iíd made a sign requesting Wattershed as an encore song, and wrote on the sign that theyíve never played it in NZ (thank Simonís website for that bit of info) - I held the sign up at the start of These Days and saw Dave mouth ďoh, really?!Ē (in the middle of singing the verse!) about it, and I was certain they were gonna do it, but no luck - we got Wheels again, which was a bit of a let down - Wattershed would have made us way warmer, but I guess they havenít played it since the Cheese and Grain gig, so it would have been a bit rough in front of 40,000 (especially with a lot of first-timers there).
Iíve since worked out that they probably played Wattershed at the two New Zealand concerts in January 1996, but thereís no set list recorded for those gigs anywhere. Anyhow, itís either been never played here or at least 22 years.
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old February 4th 2018, 03:09 PM
trevgreg's Avatar
trevgreg trevgreg is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,144
Default Re: Australia & New Zealand Tour 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhoundnz View Post
Can you post a link, please?
Ah, sorry! Again, 3:25 mark...

https://twitter.com/amkeller32/statu...07410649632768
__________________
2005: St. Paul
2006: Chicago, St. Paul (Dylan)
2008: Minneapolis, Indianapolis
2011: St. Paul
2015: St. Paul, Chicago (Wrigley), Anaheim (9/19)
2017: Chicago (Metro), Madison, Des Moines, Sioux Falls
2018: Milwaukee, St. Paul
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old February 4th 2018, 04:05 PM
HellYeah's Avatar
HellYeah HellYeah is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 54
Default Re: Australia & New Zealand Tour 2018

Loving it. My original swoonsome heros redone by my somewhat more grownup (but, ok, still swoonsome) heros. Sounds just a smidge different to the Nirvana version......

Last edited by HellYeah : February 4th 2018 at 04:46 PM. Reason: fumble fingered typing
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old February 4th 2018, 04:27 PM
HellYeah's Avatar
HellYeah HellYeah is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 54
Default Re: Australia & New Zealand Tour 2018

...possibly because everyone was capable of standing up.
Reply With Quote
  #211  
Old February 4th 2018, 05:06 PM
Georgia's Avatar
Georgia Georgia is offline
I'd rather leave than suffer this
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: England
Posts: 512
Default Re: Australia & New Zealand Tour 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhoundnz View Post
Iíd made a sign requesting Wattershed as an encore song, and wrote on the sign that theyíve never played it in NZ (thank Simonís website for that bit of info) - I held the sign up at the start of These Days and saw Dave mouth ďoh, really?!Ē (in the middle of singing the verse!) about it, and I was certain they were gonna do it, but no luck - we got Wheels again, which was a bit of a let down - Wattershed would have made us way warmer, but I guess they havenít played it since the Cheese and Grain gig, so it would have been a bit rough in front of 40,000 (especially with a lot of first-timers there).
hey! I just saw this sign on twitter - it looked ace. Glad it got recognised, who knows, you might have planted the seed in Dave's head to bring it back soon!
__________________
6.11.07 Birmingham NEC - 11.06.11 Isle of Wight Festival - 03.07.11 MK Bowl - 24.08.12 Leeds Festival 11.09.14 House of Vans- 14.09.14 Olympic Park - 27.05.15 Manchester LCCC - 06.09.15 MK Bowl - 09.11.15 Krakow 24.02.17 Cheese and Grain - 25.06.17 Glastonbury Festival - 03.07.17 Paris - 07.07.17 NOS Alive - 19.09.17 O2 Arena - 11.06.18 Sportspaleis Antwerp - 19.06.18 Manchester Etihad- 22.06.18 Olympic Stadium- 23.06.18 Olympic Stadium

Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old February 4th 2018, 08:50 PM
Rockhoundnz's Avatar
Rockhoundnz Rockhoundnz is offline
I'd rather leave than suffer this
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tauranga, New Zealand
Posts: 680
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
hey! I just saw this sign on twitter - it looked ace. Glad it got recognised, who knows, you might have planted the seed in Dave's head to bring it back soon!
Yeah, Iím thinking he will next time!
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old February 17th 2018, 07:50 AM
TLSmid TLSmid is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Darwin, NT
Posts: 2
Default Re: Australia & New Zealand Tour 2018

Well Iím new to this forum so I thought Iíd try a post. The last tour was very special to me because I wasnít sure if Iíd ever get to see the Foos again live as in 2017 I was diagnosed with a brain tumour.

Luckily it was benign and Iím on the mend. Getting to see Everlong was special in many ways. I have a FB blog where I wrote a post about it if anyoneís interested

https://www.facebook.com/twotumourle...5591721697778/

I was also asked to write something for an international fan site so I wrote an open letter to thank Dave Grohl for his music which has helped me get through this shitty journey http://www.foofightersuk.com/2018/02...rom-toni-smid/

Last edited by TLSmid : February 17th 2018 at 09:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old February 17th 2018, 09:16 AM
wol's Avatar
wol wol is offline
Normal
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Here.
Posts: 8,674
Default Re: Australia & New Zealand Tour 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSmid View Post
Well Iím new to this forum so I thought Iíd try a post. The last tour was very special to me because I wasnít sure if Iíd ever get to see the Foos again live as in 2017 I was diagnosed with a brain tumour.

Luckily it was benign and Iím on the mend. Getting to see Everlong was special in many ways. I have a FB blog where I wrote a post about it if anyoneís interested

https://www.facebook.com/twotumourle...5591721697778/

I was also asked to write something for an international fan site so I wrote an open letter to thank Dave Grohl for his music which has helped me get through this shitty journey http://www.foofightersuk.com/2018/02...rom-toni-smid/
Sorry to hear you have had to go through all this but glad you are slowly getting better. I know a thing or two about meningiomas myself because my mum was diagnosed with one four years ago. It hasn't been easy but that's another story...

No music, no life! Keep on listening and keep up the good work. Welcome to the forum
__________________
I don't even have any good skills.
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old February 17th 2018, 09:22 AM
TLSmid TLSmid is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Darwin, NT
Posts: 2
Default Re: Australia & New Zealand Tour 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by wol View Post
Sorry to hear you have had to go through all this but glad you are slowly getting better. I know a thing or two about meningiomas myself because my mum was diagnosed with one four years ago. It hasn't been easy but that's another story...

No music, no life! Keep on listening and keep up the good work. Welcome to the forum
Thanks. And all the best for your Mum
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old February 25th 2018, 04:03 AM
geo.'s Avatar
geo. geo. is offline
Grave Rohl
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Meowbourne
Posts: 8,329
Default Re: Australia & New Zealand Tour 2018

I have a fair few empty tinnies of Footown if anyone wants to pay shipping.

Or full, if you're in a country that will allow alcohol shipping - make me an offer!
__________________
I feel awful, let's do it again!
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old February 25th 2018, 10:54 AM
aprilshack's Avatar
aprilshack aprilshack is online now
Fooper!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Merseyside, uk.
Posts: 10,153
Default Re: Australia & New Zealand Tour 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo. View Post
I have a fair few empty tinnies of Footown if anyone wants to pay shipping.

Or full, if you're in a country that will allow alcohol shipping - make me an offer!
Yes please! DM me details and cost & your paypal details and i will DM you my address & send you some dosh. I'll go for the empty can option.
__________________
London Stadium x2, 2018
Etihad Stadium,Manchester 2018
Sportpaleis Arena,Antwerp,2018
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old February 25th 2018, 01:06 PM
dave_patch's Avatar
dave_patch dave_patch is offline
Everything fades in time it's true...
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 600
Default Re: Australia & New Zealand Tour 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Yes please! DM me details and cost & your paypal details and i will DM you my address & send you some dosh. I'll go for the empty can option.
Same here!
__________________
Reading Festival 24/8/02 ~ Reading Festival 27/8/05 ~ Hyde Park, London 17/6/06
The O2 Arena, London 18/11/07 ~ Wembley Stadium, London 6 & 7/8/08 ~ Milton Keynes Bowl 3//7/11
Reading Festival 26/8/12 ~ AccorHotels Arena, Paris 3/7/17~ The O2 Arena, London 19/9/17
The Royal Albert Hall, London 21/9/17
Etihad Stadium, Manchester 19/6/18 ~ London Stadium, London 22 & 23/6/18

Dave's Foo Flickr
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old February 25th 2018, 03:15 PM
wol's Avatar
wol wol is offline
Normal
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Here.
Posts: 8,674
Default Re: Australia & New Zealand Tour 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo. View Post
I have a fair few empty tinnies of Footown if anyone wants to pay shipping.

Or full, if you're in a country that will allow alcohol shipping - make me an offer!
Was it even nice tasting beer?
__________________
I don't even have any good skills.
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old February 25th 2018, 10:50 PM
geo.'s Avatar
geo. geo. is offline
Grave Rohl
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Meowbourne
Posts: 8,329
Default Re: Australia & New Zealand Tour 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by wol View Post
Was it even nice tasting beer?
It's not awful. Fairly mild, a little bit fruity.

My week is busy but I'll get back to you when I find the time to figure out shipping.
__________________
I feel awful, let's do it again!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.