Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 24th 2018, 03:42 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Unhappy Got scammed *sad face*

Tried to buy floor tickets for the Calgary show today, and got scammed out of 320 bucks. Itís a sad sad day. Canít believe people do this.... mom of 2 just wanting a night out with the raddest band ever. Just needed to vent.
Old August 24th 2018, 06:38 AM
Fooper!

Default Re: Got scammed *sad face*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandrollkitty View Post
Tried to buy floor tickets for the Calgary show today, and got scammed out of 320 bucks. Itís a sad sad day. Canít believe people do this.... mom of 2 just wanting a night out with the raddest band ever. Just needed to vent.

Scammed where?
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old August 24th 2018, 05:28 PM
the user formerly known as mexicanFOO

Yeah, where and how?

That's too much money to just sulk about.
If it was an online transaction talk to your bank or the website you used.

Tell us more, maybe someone here has gone through something similar and perhaps you may get some help.

Either way, it sucks bigtime, sorry.
Old August 24th 2018, 11:12 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Was an online site, I posted an ad looking for floor tickets. Buddy messaged me, (Iíve done this so many times before with no issues) answered all the right questions, confirmed 4 times that the tickets weíre etransferable through Ticketmaster and then called him. He send me a picture of his ID, his email, I had his phone number and was talking to him when I sent the money and then all of a sudden he said oh! You were right, they need to be printed at home iíll Have to meet you tomorrow and of course Iíve heard nothing.... Iíve called the bank right after but apparently since he had direct deposit the money went right into his account without me being able to set a password (which I thought was on the next page but wasnít) there is zero protection when the receiver has direct deposit set up. Iíve called the cops, they said itís fraud and I will be going in to give them all of the information so hopefully no one else gets scammed like I did. Sad day. Guess iíll be sitting at home that night. All faith in humanity is lost.
Old August 25th 2018, 08:21 AM
Fooper!

Quote:
Was an online site, I posted an ad looking for floor tickets. Buddy messaged me, (Iíve done this so many times before with no issues) answered all the right questions, confirmed 4 times that the tickets weíre etransferable through Ticketmaster and then called him. He send me a picture of his ID, his email, I had his phone number and was talking to him when I sent the money and then all of a sudden he said oh! You were right, they need to be printed at home iíll Have to meet you tomorrow and of course Iíve heard nothing.... Iíve called the bank right after but apparently since he had direct deposit the money went right into his account without me being able to set a password (which I thought was on the next page but wasnít) there is zero protection when the receiver has direct deposit set up. Iíve called the cops, they said itís fraud and I will be going in to give them all of the information so hopefully no one else gets scammed like I did. Sad day. Guess iíll be sitting at home that night. All faith in humanity is lost.

If it wasnít through a site which which offers money back I wouldnít of done it. I certainly wouldnít be buying a ticket with a stranger sending money like that. Last minute official tickets always come up on the day of the show. I hope you get one then.
O2 Arena,London,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Old August 25th 2018, 05:20 PM
Have you found your way around

I'm very sorry this happened to you. Whatever the circumstance and everything, it's terrible when it happens to people with nothing but good intentions.

It's a little late for this, but I'll throw in my two cents on purchasing on the secondary market. IF this is something anyone does, the only websites I would recommend going through are the TM resale website and StubHub. The Ticketmaster site will guarantee your tickets once they are sold to you. For StubHub, I've purchased from them many times in the past and have never had an issue with any of the tickets sold to me. The other thing I like about them is that they have a phone number for you to contact in case you can't get into the venue. I've never had to use it, but it is a nice fall-back in case I did somehow get a bad ticket or whatever.

I haven't used eBay or any other site for a ticket in years and honestly, I don't see myself doing it again. There's just too much risk these days. On top of that, you can have some luck on StubHub for finding tickets that fall a bit below the regular sale's value closer to showtime or if you get lucky. So that helps even out things on the occasional time I go above the regular value.
2011: St. Paul
2015: St. Paul, Chicago (Wrigley), Anaheim (9/19)
2017: Chicago (Metro), Madison, Des Moines, Sioux Falls
2018: Milwaukee, St. Paul
Old August 27th 2018, 06:16 PM
Have you found your way around

Sucks! But agree w/ aprilshack, you can't do this anymore except for official sites. I used to buy off scalpers all the time in the past, but I won't even do that anymore ... I've heard too many stories of people that buy them and then get turned away at the door as the tickets have already been used!

Use ticketmaster w/ their fees, or other official sites like stubhub, you may overpay but you can't really get burned, i.e. you can get your $$ back if you do.
Old August 27th 2018, 06:41 PM
Harriet Jones, MP for Flydale North

Quote:
You said it was a buddy? that means friend to me??
Old August 28th 2018, 01:23 AM
The finder of things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaInVA View Post
You said it was a buddy? that means friend to me??
I'm from Nova Scotia and "buddy" is what we call a complete stranger. I saw the original poster is also in Canada and likely uses it the same way.
Old August 28th 2018, 06:37 AM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLibrarian View Post
I'm from Nova Scotia and "buddy" is what we call a complete stranger. I saw the original poster is also in Canada and likely uses it the same way.

Well, you learn something new!
O2 Arena,London,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Old August 28th 2018, 08:10 AM
Grave Rohl

If you have his ID, can't you give that to police?