Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 5th 2018, 01:02 PM
The Sidekick

Default Re: Shit That Will Make You Cry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaborart View Post
That's Jeff in the yellow shirt behind David.
Are you sure? I mean you obviously know better than me but when I was investigating this show years ago trying to ID people I was told the guy in yellow plugging something into the wall was Greg Williamson, the sound guy. Is that not right?

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old August 5th 2018, 01:15 PM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
PART 10G

Foo Fighters 1995 Video Shoot Part 7/7

Fucking hell. You Jammy bugger!
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old August 5th 2018, 07:37 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Are you sure? I mean you obviously know better than me but when I was investigating this show years ago trying to ID people I was told the guy in yellow plugging something into the wall was Greg Williamson, the sound guy. Is that not right?
It looks like Jeff to me.
Here's a photo that shows Jeff at that show:
Old August 16th 2018, 07:19 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

PART 15A

The final part of Parcel 3. This is the last of what I was actually sent. It's not the last post - there is more to come...

It's not the most visually amazing set of pictures, but for me (and maybe others) this is last because it's hands down the most insanely important.

Like much of the stuff I had no idea this was coming.

Below is a heavily condensed "transcript" of several 2018 conversations. All words are actual (except in brackets).

ME: I'm thinking this was a backup on paper of the structure and output made in 1995? Or was this your master hard copy?
ME: The full layout of file structure - it's very clear from the staples and markups on it that it is not something you've done in 2018.
TIM: Oh yeah - that blue folder - haha, No - just a printout of the files I sent to Capitol Records.
TIM: Again, haha - You have my only copy.

ME: You dug about a few months ago and extracted (some) actual hi-res font images for (REDACTED)... so I'm thinking you have ALL of that structure and the folder files backed up and still accessible digitally?

TIM: Yes, I have the Foo Fighters archive in a few forms but they are all (REDACTED - Tim implies difficult to easily share, as more fully explained directly below).
TIM: The FF layout files were done with old software -- to access the old layouts, I have to do a lot of work to rebuild them in a different program so I can save them as a PDF or some other "soon to be obsolete" format.

So what is the "Blue Folder"?
An inch thick set of 1995 document "working copies" of literally EVERY release that was sent to Capitol management as Tim worked on them. Idea submissions, folder layouts showing all files used and markup edits through to final approval. No pretty colours - it's a WORKING copy for traceability. In 1995 you didn't color copy anything like this it was just way too expensive. And check out the disc space on the pages: "83 MB IN DISK - 36.1 MB AVAILABLE". A mere 100MB hard disk was a serious chunk of hardware in 1995 - hundreds of dollars (I had a few). CD drives existed but no CDRs until around 97/98 - and they were $1000 plus when they came out.

Samples below of the pages - a couple in full to show the structure of each layout, plus all header pages to prove what's covered in the folder (and because showing everything stapled to all headers would take a month). Then a few ods and ends of template images from a few places to give an idea of what's been recorded.

Last edited by FooZealand : August 16th 2018 at 07:31 AM.
Old August 16th 2018, 07:21 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

PART 15B

Old August 16th 2018, 07:21 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

PART 15C

Old August 16th 2018, 07:22 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

PART 15D

Old August 16th 2018, 07:23 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

PART 15E

Old August 16th 2018, 07:24 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

PART 15F

Old August 16th 2018, 07:25 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

PART 15G

Old August 16th 2018, 07:25 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

PART 15H

Old August 16th 2018, 08:08 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
It looks like Jeff to me.
Here's a photo that shows Jeff at that show:
I know this seems almost highly unlikely - but after looking at these two images several hundred times...

LOOK at each person in yellow. LOOK at the wristband on each persons right wrist. They are definitely NOT the same (wrist bands). Jeff Ross (confirmed top photo) has a white "something" covering wide black. Lower image person = light band in black only (like a watch).

Someone add or change a wristband mid show? A photo-graphical thing I stuck on my wrist (after I played with sound cables I had no need to be touching)? Or was I looking for a power source for a battery or something?

Or are these in fact two almost identically dressed / looking - but different people in the only two known wide angle "footos" of the first ever gig?

Fuck area 51 - the ORIGINAL conspiracy designed by DG?

Old August 17th 2018, 03:44 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
I know this seems almost highly unlikely - but after looking at these two images several hundred times...

LOOK at each person in yellow. LOOK at the wristband on each persons right wrist. They are definitely NOT the same (wrist bands). Jeff Ross (confirmed top photo) has a white "something" covering wide black. Lower image person = light band in black only (like a watch).

Someone add or change a wristband mid show? A photo-graphical thing I stuck on my wrist (after I played with sound cables I had no need to be touching)? Or was I looking for a power source for a battery or something?

Or are these in fact two almost identically dressed / looking - but different people in the only two known wide angle "footos" of the first ever gig?

Besides both wearing yellow T-shirts, having the same haircut and wearing blue jeans, it appears that they might both be left-handed!
The plot thickens...
Old August 17th 2018, 11:09 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:

There's a girl with a camera in one of the pics. We need her photos!!!
Old September 25th 2018, 11:49 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchEnemies View Post
There's a girl with a camera in one of the pics. We need her photos!!!
She's actually rather famous in the FF world - it could happen one day.
Old September 25th 2018, 12:46 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Besides both wearing yellow T-shirts, having the same haircut and wearing blue jeans, it appears that they might both be left-handed!
The plot thickens...
I mean logically it's the same person right - nobody has ever questioned it. We know who Jeff Ross is and that one pic is definitely him. Would he have any reason (photographically) to have a big white wristband on in one pic that he added/removed at some stage??

OK all solved - I figured it out....

In late February 1995 Jeff Ross was approached by a man with a large suitcase full of money. He was told he would be returned to the West Marine Store gig and must slip in and quietly re-plug the amps so that they did not overloaded causing the explosion that killed Dave Grohl and two members of the audience. He could never tell anyone and do his best to forever stay anonymous, so that Dave would go on to lead the band to great success and become the 48th US president, overseeing the unification of alien life with Earth.

Unfortunately, while Jeff grabbed all the right clothes, on the first attempt he was caught/photographed sitting scratching his head, wondering when and how he could "make his move" to the wall unimpeded.

On the second (albeit successful) attempt, there was actually a double failure. Though Jeff again wore all the right clothes, he forgot a single white wristband, and more unfortunately still, was transported to a moment slightly after the first photo had been taken.

Successfully preventing the premature end of the Foo Fighters, he was nonetheless snapped again at the wall in one of the rarest SNAFU moments in intergalactic time travel history yet recorded.

Never previously noticed let alone timelined until late 2018, this monumental temporal Fookup will quite likely cease to be an issue once Jeff is again revisited to correct the problem; whereupon all photos and memory of the events will no doubt suddenly cease to exist.
Old September 25th 2018, 04:20 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Hahaha...hmmm....you may be on to something Mike!?!

Quote:
I mean logically it's the same person right - nobody has ever questioned it. We know who Jeff Ross is and that one pic is definitely him. Would he have any reason (photographically) to have a big white wristband on in one pic that he added/removed at some stage??

OK all solved - I figured it out....

In late February 1995 Jeff Ross was approached by a man with a large suitcase full of money. He was told he would be returned to the West Marine Store gig and must slip in and quietly re-plug the amps so that they did not overloaded causing the explosion that killed Dave Grohl and two members of the audience. He could never tell anyone and do his best to forever stay anonymous, so that Dave would go on to lead the band to great success and become the 48th US president, overseeing the unification of alien life with Earth.

Unfortunately, while Jeff grabbed all the right clothes, on the first attempt he was caught/photographed sitting scratching his head, wondering when and how he could "make his move" to the wall unimpeded.

On the second (albeit successful) attempt, there was actually a double failure. Though Jeff again wore all the right clothes, he forgot a single white wristband, and more unfortunately still, was transported to a moment slightly after the first photo had been taken.

Successfully preventing the premature end of the Foo Fighters, he was nonetheless snapped again at the wall in one of the rarest SNAFU moments in intergalactic time travel history yet recorded.

Never previously noticed let alone timelined until late 2018, this monumental temporal Fookup will quite likely cease to be an issue once Jeff is again revisited to correct the problem; whereupon all photos and memory of the events will no doubt suddenly cease to exist.