Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 13th 2012, 02:26 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Milton Keynes Bootleg FLAC?

Hey guys. I have seen a website that says it is hosting a FLAC music file of the full Milton Keynes sunday gig. Cant download it because its got those "complete a survey to unlock" annoyances with it.
Is this a legit file? does anyone else have the Milton Keynes (sunday) gig as a flac or mp3?
many thanks
Old April 13th 2012, 02:44 PM
The Sidekick

Default Re: Milton Keynes Bootleg FLAC?

If it's the site I think it is then no, it's not real. There are no known recordings for either show I'm afraid.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old April 14th 2012, 08:04 PM
Visiting is pretty...

thanks for clearing that up!
Old April 14th 2012, 08:09 PM
The Sidekick

Just to be sure we're talking about the same site, did you mean mediascour.com?

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old April 16th 2012, 02:29 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studmore View Post
Just to be sure we're talking about the same site, did you mean mediascour.com?
yeah mate thats the one. Ive seen two on that site (by using google). One is a FLAC and the other is MP3. The file sizes looked about right, thats why I second guessed it.
Damn... I would love an audio rip of that concert.
Sorry for the late reply also!
Old April 16th 2012, 03:00 PM
The Sidekick

No problem. I'm not entirely sure how that site gets it's data on shows but basically about 75% of the shows listed don't circulate so I assume they know that and want people to complete the survey which brings them money and you malware.

I didn't do the survey for that reason but with some simple live editing on the website with firebug you can trick the page into thinking you've done the survey and on each one when you finish it you don't get a download link, you get:

Quote:
The file Foo_Fighters_-_1995-10-28_-_1995_European_Tour.zip has been removed.

Note You can click here to request a re-upload. We prioritize re-uploads by number of requests from unique visitors.
I even tried it on the ones which do exist, same story.

So yeah in short it's a scam, there are no recordings on that website.

--
Old April 16th 2012, 03:08 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
No problem. I'm not entirely sure how that site gets it's data on shows but basically about 75% of the shows listed don't circulate so I assume they know that and want people to complete the survey which brings them money and you malware.

I didn't do the survey for that reason but with some simple live editing on the website with firebug you can trick the page into thinking you've done the survey and on each one when you finish it you don't get a download link, you get:

I even tried it on the ones which do exist, same story.

So yeah in short it's a scam, there are no recordings on that website.
Thanks for researching it. I sat through a survey only for them to ask for card details, then I got the hell away from the page. I really should have known the audio didn't exist but gotta' double check with this kind of thing.
Many thanks again mate
Old April 16th 2012, 03:33 PM
The Sidekick

It's weird because usually these sorts of scams use simple, obvious things to get you to do surveys. New album leaks, unreleased studio tracks, that sort of thing because they know people will want them and they won't exist. However whoever is behind this must have a knowledge of which Foo Fighters shows don't have recordings and creates a page for each, even including the setlist and some rough details.

You do get the obvious fake stuff a few pages in though - http://mediascour.com/tag.php?pg=7&tag=Foo%20Fighters Mmm, that's a lot of rare demos which all have minor differences in the verse and melody.

--
Old April 17th 2012, 09:07 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
It's weird because usually these sorts of scams use simple, obvious things to get you to do surveys. New album leaks, unreleased studio tracks, that sort of thing because they know people will want them and they won't exist. However whoever is behind this must have a knowledge of which Foo Fighters shows don't have recordings and creates a page for each, even including the setlist and some rough details.

You do get the obvious fake stuff a few pages in though - http://mediascour.com/tag.php?pg=7&tag=Foo%20Fighters Mmm, that's a lot of rare demos which all have minor differences in the verse and melody.
heh.. has scam written all over it. My eyes started to bleed seeing "rare demo" beside practically every foo fighters track.
I see what you mean though about someone posting up a concert which is in demand, yet only to those educated. (and even going through the trouble of a setlist). strange.
But hey.. one day I hope it shows up somewhere.
Old April 17th 2012, 09:38 PM
The Sidekick

Funny as well if you google the website the vast majority of results are spam/fake news posts by someone saying the website is the best place to download bootlegs but the funny thing is the sentence is the same every time but the artist changes.

They've gone to quite a lot of trouble to set this scam website up and make it seem genuine.

Hopefully a recording of MK does show up at some point although UK tapers seem to have died out these days, compared to the nineties when most shows were audio taped and several video taped now very few are even audio taped. Well if they are, they're not shared. I mean 65,000 people each night you'd think at least one was a taper.

--