Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 14th 2011, 07:03 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default to the foo fighters

I know this is a long shot but we are going to your show in Toronto August 9th, we love you guys so much and also in memory of my baby brother steven who was one of your biggest fans, he was killed my a drunk driver June 21st 2009 father alot with his gf and her bestfriend. One of his favorite songs was hero, and after he passed we dedicated that song to him at his memorial. Was wondering if you'd be able to dedicate that song to him that night, i know thats asking alot it would just mean so much to the family, thanks so much you guys are amazing and an inspiration. I love ur new song walk!

I doubt they will read this but thought i'd try, but i'll just be as happy watching them live august 9th. xo
Old June 14th 2011, 07:18 PM
A star burned out

Default Re: to the foo fighters

really sorry for your loss.
it is indeed a long shot and unlikely to happen, but not because they're bad people or anything like that, it's just that they're a huge band now and all sorts of requests are probably coming through everyday. it would be a douche move from them to attend some requests and not others, so the simple fact of not doing any of them shows that they do care.

best thing is probably ask them personally, if you get lucky to meet them before the show, talk to Dave, he might even do that because it's something more local and you're more likely (just likely) to be the only one with a request like that, so it wouldn't be so bad for them to do it. Dave helped a guy propose to his girlfriend during a gig in 2005, it was asked personally that day, so it can happen. there's even video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QscKJVub5E (Dave's the best dude around, seriously)

either way, don't let it take the fun away, go with hopes and try, but if it doesn't happen, you're still having a great time, watching one of the greatest bands around and when they play My Hero (they will), just think about your brother, it will be as special as it would be if it was dedicated to him.

best of luck.
• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •
Old June 15th 2011, 04:54 AM
I'll Stick Around

Dave let a guy propose to his girlfriend in Memphis last month...he met him at Starbucks the morning of the show It happens
Old June 15th 2011, 06:21 AM
Cause everyone's just too weird

I'm sorry for your loss.
9/14/11-St. Paul, MN, Xcel Energy Center. Front row show #1 and BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE. THREE PICKS (one from Dave, two from Shifty!) Shifty noticed me!
8/22/15-St. Paul, MN, Xcel Energy Center. Front row show #2! Shifty noticed me again!

I <3 Shifty!

NATE IS A WIZARD!

私はデイブグロールの愛

My pictures from the 9/14 show
Old June 15th 2011, 02:22 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Thanks everyone i will def keep that in mind and we were lucky enough to see the foo fighters live in 2008 with my little brother, best concert i've ever been to we had a blast and they are amazing, and can't wait for this one, and i knew its a long shot and if I ever get to meet them i'll be in heaven and i know steven would be proud, and will enjoy every moment for him as well, especially when my hero does come on.

They are an amazing band all together and just their personalities on stage makes it for a good show.

Thank you all for the kind words i'm glad i wrote on this postboard
take care everyone
Old June 15th 2011, 03:06 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

GOOD LUCK !!! I hope you can arrange your request. Stay positive and it just might happen!!

Team Nate (Mr. Smoooooth)