work in progress...
Old September 28th 2011, 07:11 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: Nj Izod 9/26/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy732 View Post
Funny that - I was thinking about "My Mom calls you The Food Fighters!"
work in progress...
I think Dave will have a lot of fun with that. I like it!
Old September 28th 2011, 07:18 PM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziemay View Post
I think Dave will have a lot of fun with that. I like it!
That's what my Dad calls them.No use trying to correct him....
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old September 28th 2011, 07:25 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I loved this show. I haven't had this much fun at a Foo Fighters show since maybe the first few times that I saw them. I put up a "review" (me just kinda rambling as a fan) at around 3AM on Monday night since I was still pumped up from the show. If anyone has an extra GA ticket to MSG, please let me know!

http://theaudioperv.com/2011/09/27/f...er-last-night/
Old September 28th 2011, 08:38 PM
Visiting is pretty...

first show to see the foos (well not counting Live at Wembley, Skin and Bones which were my first intro to the band live...) - few of my good memories, of which there were a lot:

- Dave saying "These Days" is one of the songs he is most proud of;

- Of course Pink Floyd cover with Hawk, complete with green laser beams;

- The first time the steps went up I think Dave said something like "You guys thought you had the worst seats in the house but its not so bad now";

- Of course the dancing stage jumper guy;

- Turning a friend on to the Foos, (while he never said it, he probably thought they were much more of a chick band);

- ummmm and this is certainly not in order,,, BEER and WINE as opposed to these dry arenas;

- Maybe most of all, the feeling of connection in a large arena with the band. I really think Dave and company has more stamina playing than some of the audience just watching!!
Old September 28th 2011, 08:53 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI_NY_1 View Post
- Turning a friend on to the Foos, (while he never said it, he probably thought they were much more of a chick band);
Wait what? That's news to me. Is that why I was there?!?
Old September 28th 2011, 11:01 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: NJ show review

The last time I saw them was at the Izod center but Weezer opened for them. It rocked, of course. But this show was what made me want to join this postboard. No need to repeat all the things said by everyone else, you're all so right! Seeing Krist onstage with Dave was awesome and also very eerie, like Kurt was supposed to come out and play one too for old times sake. Then they went into These Days and it was just perfect. Weird observation: How does Dave scream and sing with gum in his mouth? Did he get rid of it in between songs? These are the dumb questions I think about.
Old September 28th 2011, 11:06 PM
Shaking like the thunder Sinking under

Smile Re: Nj Izod 9/26/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrohlsGal View Post
I saw that dude on the train...he was super stoked about it.

The show was definitely kick ass. I kind of thought the crowd on the floor was a little mellow for the first few songs. I saw some people in the front grooving, but didn't see too much movement till later.

I flew in from Orlando since Foos haven't added any FL dates yet. Can't wait to see them on the floor at MSG and Prudential. WOO HOOOO!!!!
I have side stage seats close to stage at msg I forgot where I'll be for prudential. I know they are good seats. I could do GA but people I am going with are not into GA so that's how it goes. I love the setlist and would love if they throw in a surprise or two or three....
Old September 28th 2011, 11:44 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
Jumped around on stage for few seconds then dove into crowd then body guard ran after him
I was kind of disappointed Dave didn't stick up for him...that kind of thing was commonplace in the '90s, you can even see it on a few Foos vids from then. He wasn't even really near the band members from what I remember, just dancing on the end of that stage extension. At least pull someone out of the show as they try to get on stage, not after they came and went without harming anyone...
Old September 29th 2011, 02:04 AM

Wink Re: Nj Izod 9/26/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
I was kind of disappointed Dave didn't stick up for him...that kind of thing was commonplace in the '90s, you can even see it on a few Foos vids from then. He wasn't even really near the band members from what I remember, just dancing on the end of that stage extension. At least pull someone out of the show as they try to get on stage, not after they came and went without harming anyone...
it's a tough call because well...it's 2011 and things are a bit intense in the world today!

and ~<3
your talking like the 90's were the 60's LOL! I CAN'T COPE WITH ALL THIS TIME PASSING, can only tell by what I read and some older family, friends accounts of going to concerts at that time, you know- love peace and all that....I really admire the crowds that come to Foo's Fighter's concerts. They really come as close to the 60's gen peace, love, Rock n' Roll music lovin' as can be!

luv ur sig btw

*still on cloud 9*
Great show great crowd!

Last edited by A Little Frayed : September 29th 2011 at 09:35 AM. Reason: carried away
Old September 29th 2011, 02:15 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
I have side stage seats close to stage at msg I forgot where I'll be for prudential. I know they are good seats. I could do GA but people I am going with are not into GA so that's how it goes. I love the setlist and would love if they throw in a surprise or two or three....
I'm sorta in the same boat. Side stage seats at MSG. I actually also have GA tickets and am still trying to decide which way to go. On the one hand, GA would totally be rocking but that means I need to be waiting in line pretty much by 1 or earlier, I would think. Seats would be good to be sure I have my own "space" but will I wish I were in the pit? None of my friends are into the GA thing either. Sigh... decisions decisions, but what a good problem to have! I'm much further away at Newark, I think.
Old September 29th 2011, 02:22 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Wait what? That's news to me. Is that why I was there?!?

Not that there's anything wrong with that!!!!!
Old September 29th 2011, 02:23 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellkat0723 View Post
Weird observation: How does Dave scream and sing with gum in his mouth? Did he get rid of it in between songs? These are the dumb questions I think about.
You wrote it but I bet many more of us have thought about it. I know I have!!!
Old September 29th 2011, 02:27 AM

Quote:
I'm sorta in the same boat. Side stage seats at MSG. I actually also have GA tickets and am still trying to decide which way to go. On the one hand, GA would totally be rocking but that means I need to be waiting in line pretty much by 1 or earlier, I would think. Seats would be good to be sure I have my own "space" but will I wish I were in the pit? None of my friends are into the GA thing either. Sigh... decisions decisions, but what a good problem to have! I'm much further away at Newark, I think.
YES! space is key, LOL!
I'm with ya being up front in PIT!!! as opposed to enough space....and as far as waiting and all....quite a dilemma you have!
*just rechecked my newark seats and side also-pretty good seats there, too!!
*HR140-160bpm*

Last edited by A Little Frayed : September 29th 2011 at 02:32 AM.
Old September 29th 2011, 02:47 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Eek! Re: NJ show review

to Suziemay,
I don't have MSG tix yet. So, if you want to sell me a set I would gladly take them. After you decide which to use. I would see the band anywhere, anytime. I am totally obsessed with their music, lyrics, energy. Seriously how do they do it? I have seen them 3x's now and Dave with TCV 3x's and the man is truly amazing. He must collapse after each show. As well as Taylor and the rest of the boys.
I have seen many, many concerts in my day and the Fighters of Foo are the most supreme of all. Still on Cloud nine. Truly the most awsome show to date.
Old September 29th 2011, 01:22 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
i was on in pit on the other side, towards the end of the show there were 2 state troopers looking for someone, could have been that dude
Yeah i saw that lol.

I was front row in the pit the whole show. Right across from Shiffy

Pearl VBX
Zildjian cymbals and sticks
Remo
Old September 30th 2011, 06:31 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post

like someone said earlier... more people would have tried to get up onstage...

this show wasn't exactly the underground show from SLC Punk. and even and that show the bouncer beat the crap out of Bob.

Anyways great show... This was the first time i had been down on the floor since high school. This time i had 3 shots of jager, and 4 beers before i even left my hotel room. I was only buzzed, but i was very dehydrated 6 hours later. my enerygy level was way down after stacked actors.

if I do floor again in november im drinking gatorade before the show, and thats it

It was my g/f first time seeing the Foos. She said it was hands-down the best show she's ever seen.

I couldn't see taylor from my far right spot up front. So that was kind of a bummer.

I don't think anything will beat the one by one tour for me personally, but yeah its much better then the last couple of arena tours.
Old September 30th 2011, 06:57 AM
Cause everyone's just too weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxil Rose View Post
Anyways great show... This was the first time i had been down on the floor since high school. This time i had 3 shots of jager, and 4 beers before i even left my hotel room. I was only buzzed, but i was very dehydrated 6 hours later. my enerygy level was way down after stacked actors.
At the 9/14 show it was my first time on the floor at any Foo show (4th time seeing them, overall this was THE BEST), I didn't even drink, and I was EXHAUSTED by the end of the night.
9/14/11-St. Paul, MN, Xcel Energy Center. Front row show #1 and BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE. THREE PICKS (one from Dave, two from Shifty!) Shifty noticed me!
8/22/15-St. Paul, MN, Xcel Energy Center. Front row show #2! Shifty noticed me again!

I <3 Shifty!

NATE IS A WIZARD!

私はデイブグロールの愛

My pictures from the 9/14 show
Old October 8th 2011, 03:04 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Was there a poster for this show? I looked on Expressobeans and saw a bunch of Foo Fighters posters but doesn't seem like they have one for every show?

Been a bit of a poster freak lately and trying to get posters for all the shows I've been to!