Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 18th 2011, 09:52 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Smile Re: Phoenix 10/16/11

Next to us were the drunkest people ever, She dumped her beer all over the guy next to us and all over my husband shoes, She then bumped into the guy to her in back of her with beer all over, LOL all we had to do was laugh because we were rocking and nothing and no one getting us
Old October 18th 2011, 05:01 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: Phoenix 10/16/11

This was my first Foo Fighters show and first time I've seen a concert in an arena. It was amazing to see them finally in person. I've seen a few shows online (KROQ & iTunes Festival) but it was so rad to actually be there. First of all I want to say that I really enjoyed the opening bands. Mariachi el Bronx was very cool, nothing I would expect to see at a rock show. Cage the Elephant were pretty crazy. I listened to a few songs earlier in the week and thought they were ok. When they came on stage and played it caught me by surprised of how high the enegry level was and heavy the songs sounded. The lead singer, what an exit when their set was done! Foo's set was really amazing. Before they came on, some guy sitting in front of me got the setlist to the show. I guess somebody that worked there brought it to him. I loved the set from beginning to end. It was so loud in there. My Hero was definitely a highlight for me, the whole place singing the chorus was amazing. Then for Dave to say we were the loudest audience on tour so far was great to hear. Monkey Wrench was cool when the lights went out and everyone took out their phones. It look like we were floating in space with the stars. The solo duel between Dave and Chris was fun to watch. I like it when bands mess around like that and they did that on numerous songs throughout the night. The encore was hilarious, when I saw Dave in nightvision I knew it was time to record that. Pretty cool that after that Dave appears at the end on the catwalk which is now raised up for the acoustic songs. I think I fell in love with Dear Rosemary when I heard it that night. It sounded so good and I sung it the whole way through. What an amazing experience, thank you Foo Fighters.
Old October 18th 2011, 05:32 PM
I AM EVERYWHERE

Great review Mike, it's nice to get the perspective of a first-time fan and you captured that nicely.

I was at this show too and Dave didn't lie, you were the loudest and most enthusiastic crowd so far. And all the lights during the dark part of My Hero looked amazing. Even though we got screwed by security trying to get our places on the floor, I'll still come back for another show there.
Homer: "Oh Lisa, I just meant that marriage is like a coffin. And each kid is another nail..."
Enter at your peril. I will not be held responsible.

"To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old October 18th 2011, 06:06 PM
Everything Is Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
Great review Mike, it's nice to get the perspective of a first-time fan and you captured that nicely.

I was at this show too and Dave didn't lie, you were the loudest and most enthusiastic crowd so far. And all the lights during the dark part of My Hero looked amazing. Even though we got screwed by security trying to get our places on the floor, I'll still come back for another show there.
He says that at all the shows.
Old October 18th 2011, 06:36 PM
I AM EVERYWHERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2 View Post
He says that at all the shows.
No, he really doesn't.
Homer: "Oh Lisa, I just meant that marriage is like a coffin. And each kid is another nail..."

"To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old October 18th 2011, 06:53 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
I was actually bummed in LA the first night when I couldn't smell weed at all. The second night, someone a few feet from me was smoking pot within the first chorus of Bridge Burning and it was kind of a relief....like "Ok, now this is an actual concert"
You must have been on Chris's side then (?).....the other side smelled like weed from the get go! (Not from us!) Was hoping for a contact buzz, but only a headache!
Oh 2 be young and @ a concert...*momentarily longs for those days*
Old October 19th 2011, 01:26 AM
The Boss

I've been to a show in Boston where Dave was visibly annoyed at the crowd. Then for the encore he said they were gonna do something they'd never done before, then they proceeded to only play 1 song and then leave.

The next night in Providence he made a point of saying how nice it was because the night before sucked.
Old October 19th 2011, 01:28 AM
I AM EVERYWHERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
I've been to a show in Boston where Dave was visibly annoyed at the crowd. Then for the encore he said they were gonna do something they'd never done before, then they proceeded to only play 1 song and then leave.

The next night in Providence he made a point of saying how nice it was because the night before sucked.
Yeah, he wasn't happy with last night's crowd. He cut short the encore there too. Sorry San Diego, but you sucked.

Old October 19th 2011, 01:39 AM
Have you found your way around

At the New Jersey show last month, he asked to light up the place about 8 times because it was the most crowded place he had seen this tour so far. I thought that was kind of bullshit at first, but at the same time I'll believe it.
Old October 19th 2011, 02:24 AM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathi View Post
So far there's been weed in the air at every FF show I've been to in the US. I actually quite like the smell. And I'm probably nostalgic, but I kind of miss the dusty air that rock shows used to have.

I don't really have the urge to smoke at shows, same goes for drinking...but I have no problem with people doing it, as long as they don't act stupid.
Oh yeah I could smell weed on the 13th Forum near to the catwalk, I thought the same this is actually a rock concert even though I don't smoke.

"If you think about it with an open mind, music can be nameless, it can be faceless - it can just be music"
Old October 19th 2011, 02:43 AM
The Boss

nah, i was only on chris's side for maybe 1 song, trying to find my friends....

it was too crowded so i left.....

though i was standing next to fee waybill over there
Old October 19th 2011, 06:38 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
No, he really doesn't.
I 100 % agree with this. You can believe the words that comes out this mans mouth. hehe

Last edited by Shreddingirl : October 19th 2011 at 06:41 AM.