Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 11th 2016, 01:42 PM
Good Grief

Default Re: 2015 20th Ann Tour Posters

EMEK Wrigley Foils numbered to 50:

So far, the lowest number I have seen of the 50 series is 29/50. Has anyone seen one that is numbered from 1-25 of 50? If so, please post a pic. Thanks

EDIT: Here's why I'm asking. We know there were two runs of foils which are X/25 and X/50. I was told by EMEK studios that there were only 50 foils total, not 75. If it's truly only 50 foils total then that makes these even more rare.

Last edited by Foo_R_U : November 12th 2016 at 03:57 PM.
Old November 14th 2016, 04:19 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo_R_U View Post
EMEK Wrigley Foils numbered to 50:

So far, the lowest number I have seen of the 50 series is 29/50. Has anyone seen one that is numbered from 1-25 of 50? If so, please post a pic. Thanks

EDIT: Here's why I'm asking. We know there were two runs of foils which are X/25 and X/50. I was told by EMEK studios that there were only 50 foils total, not 75. If it's truly only 50 foils total then that makes these even more rare.
Great to see the Gold Gems arrived safely - my Wrigley has made it to my shipping agent Ok - had to be Portland too huh - squeezed through the protests lol

Hi, Danny

Some history on your poster…
I believe the 50 edition were the band edition. However, they only received 25.
Only 50 foils exist - not 75.
Yours has been doodled. The band’s edition are not doodled.

Thank You
Erika

From below on the unsigned & un-numbered foil:

Signed/Numbered: No, but from a limited run of prints. This is an oddity, as it's been verified that there is an edition of 25 signed and numbered copies of the foil that were released by the artist directly as well as an edition of 50 signed and numbered foil copies that were given to VIPs. This one is not signed or numbered, but was obtained by a site staff connected individual.

Yours is 20 of 25

Mine is 33 of 50

29 of 50 trying to be sold here
http://www.ebay.com/itm/232110039060?

9 of 25 sold here
http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI...m=112084930600

I never tried to trap any earlier ones as they were just such silly money. But it appears for sure the Artist Print was out of 25. The 50 for "VIPs" holds true in both above explanations as basically being for the band (and band approved freebees), but I think you are onto it that EMEK probably ran up the numbers from 26 to 50 as Erika says and there were simply 25 more.

That does one key thing which is ensure nobody can be worrying about seeing another 10 say when they know they own then number 10. That feels like the kind of smart thing a guy like EMEK would do when they are not actually different prints.

We'll definitely have something to look out for now to try and confirm that anyway.

And then I'm thinking probably after printing extras for the band there were a few some spare that were distributed unsigned and unnumbered - nice prints etc but just without either true full endorsement, making them deff less collectible or important.

Just thinking about it - I guess too that if you were being an absolute propeller head, you could say someone could have gotten 1-25 on the site sale to the public "kinda"easily (lol I know that's not true per se) but that to have one of the VIP ones in truth would mean you had something given by the band that was more difficult to obtain. Though that would be a definition by original band intention only (so to speak) because you know there will always be a handful of the "VIP's" that inevitably flip them off themselves if/when they see the money they are going for.

Either way it still makes sense, and if we're right, makes it two sets that are both worth having a copy of for different reasons.

Last edited by FooZealand : November 14th 2016 at 04:33 AM.
Old November 16th 2016, 01:37 AM
Good Grief

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
Great to see the Gold Gems arrived safely - my Wrigley has made it to my shipping agent Ok - had to be Portland too huh - squeezed through the protests lol

Hi, Danny

Some history on your poster…
I believe the 50 edition were the band edition. However, they only received 25.
Only 50 foils exist - not 75.
Yours has been doodled. The band’s edition are not doodled.

Thank You
Erika

From below on the unsigned & un-numbered foil:

Signed/Numbered: No, but from a limited run of prints. This is an oddity, as it's been verified that there is an edition of 25 signed and numbered copies of the foil that were released by the artist directly as well as an edition of 50 signed and numbered foil copies that were given to VIPs. This one is not signed or numbered, but was obtained by a site staff connected individual.

Yours is 20 of 25

Mine is 33 of 50

29 of 50 trying to be sold here
http://www.ebay.com/itm/232110039060?

9 of 25 sold here
http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI...m=112084930600

I never tried to trap any earlier ones as they were just such silly money. But it appears for sure the Artist Print was out of 25. The 50 for "VIPs" holds true in both above explanations as basically being for the band (and band approved freebees), but I think you are onto it that EMEK probably ran up the numbers from 26 to 50 as Erika says and there were simply 25 more.

That does one key thing which is ensure nobody can be worrying about seeing another 10 say when they know they own then number 10. That feels like the kind of smart thing a guy like EMEK would do when they are not actually different prints.

We'll definitely have something to look out for now to try and confirm that anyway.

And then I'm thinking probably after printing extras for the band there were a few some spare that were distributed unsigned and unnumbered - nice prints etc but just without either true full endorsement, making them deff less collectible or important.

Just thinking about it - I guess too that if you were being an absolute propeller head, you could say someone could have gotten 1-25 on the site sale to the public "kinda"easily (lol I know that's not true per se) but that to have one of the VIP ones in truth would mean you had something given by the band that was more difficult to obtain. Though that would be a definition by original band intention only (so to speak) because you know there will always be a handful of the "VIP's" that inevitably flip them off themselves if/when they see the money they are going for.

Either way it still makes sense, and if we're right, makes it two sets that are both worth having a copy of for different reasons.
Oh, now it makes sense. I appreciate you posting more info on this. Now that I understand why EMEK did the numbering that way, I'm glad he did. I do wish he would've wrote A/P on the 25 series to help distinguish but oh well.
Old November 16th 2016, 01:51 AM
Good Grief

Am I a greedy bastard??? No but I do have two RFK 20th Gold Gems at my house
Haha so of course theres a story to this madness. A couple days after bidding on RFK Gold Gem 3/5, I spotted 4/5 for sale on a facebook group. I contacted the seller and the price was $350 shipped. At the time, I felt like there was a good chance I would lose to an eBay bidding war for 3/5 so I came up with an idea. A close friend of mine that was at the RFK show with me wanted a gold gem as well. So I decided I'll buy 4/5 to ensure I get one and then if I also win 3/5 then he could pay for one of them. Essentially we would be splitting the cost of the two combined. Well as Foo Karma sometimes works, I'm now stuck with both as my friend has backed out. I guess it's not a bad thing having two but honestly I feel like it's wrong. I'd be willing to let one go to a member here at cost. I'm not gonna list it on eBay, I only want to see it in another true fan's possession.

So here's RFK 20th Anniversary Gold Gems 3/5 & 4/5.

Last edited by Foo_R_U : November 16th 2016 at 12:56 PM.
Old November 16th 2016, 01:58 AM
Good Grief

Might take a side by side pic

Last edited by Foo_R_U : November 16th 2016 at 02:01 AM.
Old November 16th 2016, 08:45 AM
Have you found your way around

I would... but as I've said its the cost of it that I can't justify
Old November 16th 2016, 02:03 PM
Good Grief

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharris92 View Post
I would... but as I've said its the cost of it that I can't justify
No worries and I completely understand. It's definitely not cheap and it's the most I've ever paid for a poster. I don't expect anyone to buy it, I just wanted to at least offer it. I'm gonna keep and frame 3/5 since it's the lower number.
Old November 16th 2016, 02:38 PM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
No worries and I completely understand. It's definitely not cheap and it's the most I've ever paid for a poster. I don't expect anyone to buy it, I just wanted to at least offer it. I'm gonna keep and frame 3/5 since it's the lower number.
Maybe somewhere down the line if you still have it knocking around.*

*if I win the lottery (slim chances as I keep forgetting to buy a ticket)
Old November 20th 2016, 06:26 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Am I a greedy bastard??? No but I do have two RFK 20th Gold Gems at my house
Haha so of course theres a story to this madness. A couple days after bidding on RFK Gold Gem 3/5, I spotted 4/5 for sale on a facebook group. I contacted the seller and the price was $350 shipped. At the time, I felt like there was a good chance I would lose to an eBay bidding war for 3/5 so I came up with an idea. A close friend of mine that was at the RFK show with me wanted a gold gem as well. So I decided I'll buy 4/5 to ensure I get one and then if I also win 3/5 then he could pay for one of them. Essentially we would be splitting the cost of the two combined. Well as Foo Karma sometimes works, I'm now stuck with both as my friend has backed out. I guess it's not a bad thing having two but honestly I feel like it's wrong. I'd be willing to let one go to a member here at cost. I'm not gonna list it on eBay, I only want to see it in another true fan's possession.

So here's RFK 20th Anniversary Gold Gems 3/5 & 4/5.
No bad mouthing here - I was sorely tempted to buy the 3/5 - but I knew you were after it and I had raised it here- you'd replied etc so I kept to my word and laid off. Again, even in saying that still no hard feelings that you got it and another one - because of several factors:

1 It's so few in #no - nobody can blame you for hedging on it and if it was at the same time that's coincidence and not on you
2) You have the grace to say so straight away
3) You have the money to do it lol
4) It keeps it in "the house"
5) Don't care what any fuckwit says about the entire series for the 20th Ann - This is THE POSTER
6) (Selfishly of course) I have 5/5 so I'm not missing out
7) I love the fact that only you and I "get it" while literally thousands of people pay collectively truckloads more on what I consider "lesser" posters - in both importance and real value - including going mental over baseball vs actual foo related history value.

Get them put in a really nice frame side by side - and say fuck it - job done
Old November 20th 2016, 06:39 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Oh, now it makes sense. I appreciate you posting more info on this. Now that I understand why EMEK did the numbering that way, I'm glad he did. I do wish he would've wrote A/P on the 25 series to help distinguish but oh well.
Just remember this is only my educated guess on this - I truly feel I'm right - but I'm def looking at any foils I ever see from here on in to try and prove 1-25 and 26-50 were "one set".

On the great if he'd added A/P front - the problem would have been there was no reason to add A/P for two reasons:
1) A/P on a print means Artists PROOF - not print - yes kick yourself I know you know that
2) When he first did the (your) Artist Prints (of 25) via the web, he likely had no idea there was going to be the request from management for another 25 - so there was no need to mark them up any differently to any other web promo release. It's only afterwards that he had to come up with a new number scheme that didn't shit on the orig 25 buyers. Starting at 26 and making the end 50 might be kinda misleading (when you figure there must be 50 of a series and there ain't) - but it holds better than doing 1 to 25 again by a long way.
Old November 20th 2016, 01:16 PM
Good Grief

Quote:
No bad mouthing here - I was sorely tempted to buy the 3/5 - but I knew you were after it and I had raised it here- you'd replied etc so I kept to my word and laid off. Again, even in saying that still no hard feelings that you got it and another one - because of several factors:

1 It's so few in #no - nobody can blame you for hedging on it and if it was at the same time that's coincidence and not on you
2) You have the grace to say so straight away
3) You have the money to do it lol
4) It keeps it in "the house"
5) Don't care what any fuckwit says about the entire series for the 20th Ann - This is THE POSTER
6) (Selfishly of course) I have 5/5 so I'm not missing out
7) I love the fact that only you and I "get it" while literally thousands of people pay collectively truckloads more on what I consider "lesser" posters - in both importance and real value - including going mental over baseball vs actual foo related history value.

Get them put in a really nice frame side by side - and say fuck it - job done
Thanks brother! I'm glad you're cool about it and I really appreciated you sticking to your word by not bidding. Yeah it was such a damn coincidence that two became for sale at the same time. I thought I'd be lucky to get one and couldn't believe I ended up with both. I know you believe my story but just to prove it I took some screenshots. Facebook seller posted 4/5 for sale on November 1st but I didn't see the post still the 2nd or 3rd. eBay auction for 3/5 ended on November 5th. So yeah both posters popped up at the same time and at first I thought it was the same seller. If you look at the facebook post you'll see that he didn't specify which number it was so I assumed it was 3/5 but I contacted him and found out it was 4/5! Anyways, after searching for over a year it appears Foo karma was looking out for me when I least expected it....

Old November 20th 2016, 10:43 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Thanks brother! I'm glad you're cool about it and I really appreciated you sticking to your word by not bidding. Yeah it was such a damn coincidence that two became for sale at the same time. I thought I'd be lucky to get one and couldn't believe I ended up with both. I know you believe my story but just to prove it I took some screenshots. Facebook seller posted 4/5 for sale on November 1st but I didn't see the post still the 2nd or 3rd. eBay auction for 3/5 ended on November 5th. So yeah both posters popped up at the same time and at first I thought it was the same seller. If you look at the facebook post you'll see that he didn't specify which number it was so I assumed it was 3/5 but I contacted him and found out it was 4/5! Anyways, after searching for over a year it appears Foo karma was looking out for me when I least expected it....
Yeah two at once is just how this sort of shit goes so often lol. Gotta love that chuck of pipe - that's hilarious
Old November 22nd 2016, 03:01 PM
Good Grief

Quote:
Just remember this is only my educated guess on this - I truly feel I'm right - but I'm def looking at any foils I ever see from here on in to try and prove 1-25 and 26-50 were "one set".

On the great if he'd added A/P front - the problem would have been there was no reason to add A/P for two reasons:
1) A/P on a print means Artists PROOF - not print - yes kick yourself I know you know that
2) When he first did the (your) Artist Prints (of 25) via the web, he likely had no idea there was going to be the request from management for another 25 - so there was no need to mark them up any differently to any other web promo release. It's only afterwards that he had to come up with a new number scheme that didn't shit on the orig 25 buyers. Starting at 26 and making the end 50 might be kinda misleading (when you figure there must be 50 of a series and there ain't) - but it holds better than doing 1 to 25 again by a long way.
I agree 100% on your educated guess. I'll continue to be on the lookout for 1-25/50 foils as well but I doubt we will see any. I'm just glad EMEK didn't go Brad Clausen on us and start changing numbers
Old November 22nd 2016, 11:00 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
I agree 100% on your educated guess. I'll continue to be on the lookout for 1-25/50 foils as well but I doubt we will see any. I'm just glad EMEK didn't go Brad Clausen on us and start changing numbers
I was so close to mentioning just that - that really was about the worst possible way to do it wasnt it lol
Old December 27th 2016, 03:17 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

EMEK RFK Money Gig Variant of 300 - Numbered in the low teens (I don't know exactly what yet).

Made it's way to Australia - now moving east slightly lol. Not too bad given the number for AU $212.50.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/222343343538
Old December 28th 2016, 02:43 PM
Good Grief

Quote:
EMEK RFK Money Gig Variant of 300 - Numbered in the low teens (I don't know exactly what yet).

Made it's way to Australia - now moving east slightly lol. Not too bad given the number for AU $212.50.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/222343343538
Nice pick up! I think it's dumb the seller mentioned that it's numbered in the low teens but didn't go ahead and state which number. I guess it just reminds me of people hiding the number. What's the big fucking deal?
Old January 16th 2017, 01:25 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have a Jermaine Rogers RFK fireworks poster they are willing to sell or trade? I have the shattered foil edition currently and would be willing to swap or work something out.
Old January 18th 2017, 03:54 AM
Good Grief

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackdumbass View Post
I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have a Jermaine Rogers RFK fireworks poster they are willing to sell or trade? I have the shattered foil edition currently and would be willing to swap or work something out.
It's been way too quiet on this thread. Glad to see some action. If I had an extra fireworks foil I would hook you up big time. Unfortunately I only have one and it's been a while since I've seen a fireworks foil for sale. Honestly the fireworks foil is the best looking variant in my opinion. It also fits perfectly with it being 4th of July. I'm on the lookout and I'll PM you the second I see an opportunity to grab one.
Old January 18th 2017, 01:05 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
It's been way too quiet on this thread. Glad to see some action. If I had an extra fireworks foil I would hook you up big time. Unfortunately I only have one and it's been a while since I've seen a fireworks foil for sale. Honestly the fireworks foil is the best looking variant in my opinion. It also fits perfectly with it being 4th of July. I'm on the lookout and I'll PM you the second I see an opportunity to grab one.
I agree completely with you which is why I am on the hunt for one. When they went on sale initially I attempted to get the fireworks foil, but of course they went insanely fast and the shattered foil was the next best thing I could grab fast enough. Thank you for help!
Old January 28th 2017, 01:40 PM
Good Grief

Camden, NJ Zoltron Mini Gobstopper 27/35. I finally got my hands on one of these gorgeous prints! It's in a protective Mylar sleeve for now.