Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Frequent Post Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old July 2nd 2011, 05:25 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: A couple things about the current Tour, Pre-sales and Selling Tickets...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Give A Fook View Post
They mean pro devices, you can use your cell phone or digital camera.
Oooooo...ok thanks!
Old July 13th 2011, 10:11 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: A couple things about the current Tour, Pre-sales and Selling Tickets...

do they still play big me and how mad would dave get if i threw mentos
Old July 14th 2011, 08:55 AM
Raider of Lost Arks

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmonzo27 View Post
do they still play big me and how mad would dave get if i threw mentos
Occasionally, and probably fairly mad, yeah. I wouldn't.

Old July 15th 2011, 06:22 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Give A Fook View Post
They mean pro devices, you can use your cell phone or digital camera.
I recently bought a hand held camcorder - is this acceptable do you know? I hope so!!
Old July 15th 2011, 09:41 AM
Raider of Lost Arks

Quote:
Originally Posted by generator_aurora88 View Post
I recently bought a hand held camcorder - is this acceptable do you know? I hope so!!
I wouldn't have thought so. They will generally let people go taking stills, but if they see you actually recording then you definitely run the risk of having your camcorder confiscated - recording is definitely frowned upon. So if you can film whilst keeping it out of sight, then yeah. But otherwise I personally wouldn't risk it.

Old August 9th 2011, 01:11 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by apa1128 View Post
I personally don't think it's right to post the password on social networking sites. It not fair to us die hard fans who really appreciate the Foos. I wanted GA as well. I settled on Loge, and Ticketmaster booted me during checkout. Twice. Same thing happened to my husband. Guess I'll keep trying....
Oh, by the way....I'm flying from ATL just to see them at the Forum.
I feel your pain on this one, but some of us who got the password on ticketmaster are die hard fans like you. We were subscribed and did the pre-sale last tour. Seems the Foo's management decided to cancel everyones newsletter subscription after the last tour at some point without TELLING them so by the time I (and several other subscribers I know) found out we had to subscribe again to participate in pre-sales THIS time it was too late.
I was BEYOND pissed off! No other fanclub works like this. Getting the password off FB (which the Foo's themselves posted btw) was our only option. I didn't even know about frontgate until after it was over. I still got shut out and am still trying to get into tonights show. NOT happy with the Foo's fanclub right about now. This is NOT how you treat people.

Something to think about for the next tour.
Old August 9th 2011, 03:21 PM
The Boss

We didn't cancel the subscription. It is being done by another organization - SONY RECORDS so you have to re-register. The management company is not involved with the website per se, the content and webmaster work via Sony so the mailing list is via them as well.

Don't assume unless you ask. No Newsletters have gone out recently, even for the pre-sales for NY and DC. I would assume they will go out this afternoon. We have a lot going on.

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old August 10th 2011, 04:58 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Is it OK to ask to see if anyone has extra tickets for face value? I wasn't able to get a ticket for Oakland show and I thought I'd ask fans here but I want to make sure it's OK to ask first.
Old August 10th 2011, 05:21 AM
Holds pencils incorrectly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLAT319 View Post
Is it OK to ask to see if anyone has extra tickets for face value? I wasn't able to get a ticket for Oakland show and I thought I'd ask fans here but I want to make sure it's OK to ask first.
Take a look at this thread!
Old August 11th 2011, 08:04 PM
Visiting is pretty...

LOL Charlotte show

If you are interested in the royal boxes or suites for the Foo show in Charlotte on Nov. 8th, my buddy works at the Time Warner Cable Arena and can hook you up. His name is Jim and his number at the arena is (704) 688-9026. I'm so frickin excited!

FooDavid

Last edited by FooDavid : August 11th 2011 at 08:06 PM.
Old August 12th 2011, 05:14 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I know there's no perfect way to do this, but this tour has been a nightmare in that the presales are not presales at all. I've been around this block a million times, I know it's just a fraction of the tix made available, but then at least get the presale information to fans through some limited vehicle.

The DC presale was (1) announced on Facebook, (2) announced by DC101, (3) announced by Verizon Center, (4) sent out in a 9:30 Club email. This is a general sale. And the general sale had nothing but 400s and behind the stage tickets from what I can see, so a LOT of tickets must have gone in the presale.

As a very very long time forum member, newsletter recipient, etc., there has to be a better way to at least ensure "most" diehard fans get a chance at decent tickets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCGoddess View Post
I feel your pain on this one, but some of us who got the password on ticketmaster are die hard fans like you. We were subscribed and did the pre-sale last tour. Seems the Foo's management decided to cancel everyones newsletter subscription after the last tour at some point without TELLING them so by the time I (and several other subscribers I know) found out we had to subscribe again to participate in pre-sales THIS time it was too late.
I was BEYOND pissed off! No other fanclub works like this. Getting the password off FB (which the Foo's themselves posted btw) was our only option. I didn't even know about frontgate until after it was over. I still got shut out and am still trying to get into tonights show. NOT happy with the Foo's fanclub right about now. This is NOT how you treat people.

Something to think about for the next tour.
Old August 12th 2011, 05:17 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Maybe at this point Foos have so many fans they just assume: general public = fan.

Never thought I'd appreciate that Pearl Jam Ten Club (which I'm not in), but that has been a solid and predictable way to appreciate fans (and let them appreciate you, the band).
Old August 14th 2011, 03:33 AM
Visiting is pretty...

I was on ticketmaster at 10am sharp the day of the presale and everything was 400 level seats. ARGH! I tried the whole day and for the general sale too but still no luck. Guess I'll have to go for those extremely overpriced tickets.
Old August 22nd 2011, 09:14 AM
Visiting is pretty...

I was at the Pukkelpop festival last Thursday. I've been waiting for the Foo Fighters to come back to Belgium for years (the last time I saw them was at their concert in Brussels 5 years ago..)! I was so excited, and then suddenly this terrible storm hit.. It's taken me a few days to recuperate, and have now started looking at the the FF's tour dates to see if they're playing anywhere nearby in the next few days. I've just found out they're playing in Koln, Germany, on Tuesday (which is only 2 hours drive from where I live in Belgium), but as expected it's sold out.. I've been trying to find a way to get tickets, but haven't been successful.. Would anybody be able to help me out? I would really appreciate it!!
Old September 22nd 2011, 05:58 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagster View Post
I know there's no perfect way to do this, but this tour has been a nightmare in that the presales are not presales at all. I've been around this block a million times, I know it's just a fraction of the tix made available, but then at least get the presale information to fans through some limited vehicle.

The DC presale was (1) announced on Facebook, (2) announced by DC101, (3) announced by Verizon Center, (4) sent out in a 9:30 Club email. This is a general sale. And the general sale had nothing but 400s and behind the stage tickets from what I can see, so a LOT of tickets must have gone in the presale.

As a very very long time forum member, newsletter recipient, etc., there has to be a better way to at least ensure "most" diehard fans get a chance at decent tickets.
I agree wholeheartedly with this. Presale should be reserved for avid fans that take the time to join a band's specific forum vs Facebook (read: everyone AND their grandmother, Mary, AND her lifepartner Sylvia) I am one of the lucky ones who was able to get a pair of presale tickets despite having the presale password available everywhere, not to mention it wasn't too difficult to guess.

Since I was so lucky to get a pair of presale GA tickets, I'd like to pay it forward: would anyone here like to go with me and rock out in GA at the Foos show in Denver on 10/09? (I walk very nearly upright and Mom says I'm a real catch....)
Old September 27th 2011, 02:28 PM
Visiting is pretty...

When everyone is special- NO ONE IS. Yep, I too jumped on to get GA tix for Denver. Bought 4, wife and my 13 and 12 yr old sons. Tried to get more later for my daughter and her boyfriend but GA was GONE!
Old September 29th 2011, 01:40 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Any word on an upcoming LV, NV show?!!!
Old October 10th 2011, 09:41 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Uh Oh... I tried to post a link and I am not allowed to! bbs.foofighters.com does not allow new users to post links until a minimum post count is reached. This regulation is in place to prevent spam.

Last edited by romanabiswas01 : October 10th 2011 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Link
Old November 20th 2011, 11:28 AM
Visiting is pretty...

What I don't understand is, when I called just two minutes after the time allowed to call for the pre-sale, all the floor tickets were gone. I have no clue how this happened, and I don't believe that several hundred people all got floor tickets in less then two minutes. Was there some type of secret as to how people got floor tickets, that im not in on?? ( I went to the Madison Square Garden show in NY last Sunday ) I still had the time of my life, and it was the most amazing show ever. Was just curious about this.
Old November 20th 2011, 11:33 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFoo View Post
What I don't understand is, when I called just two minutes after the time allowed to call for the pre-sale, all the floor tickets were gone. I have no clue how this happened, and I don't believe that several hundred people all got floor tickets in less then two minutes. ...
it's not so strange for a whole concert to sell out in less then 2 minutes, is it? at least, in my experience that happened a few times already
Closed Thread