Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 28th 2011, 02:34 AM
Holds pencils incorrectly

Default Re: Foo Fighters - Latin American Tour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto View Post
March 22 is the "leaked" date for Argentina, it makes sense, especially if they're planning on a big SA tour: Mex, Brasil, Argentina, Chile, Venezuela, Colombia etc etc.
did you just say South American tour and include Mexico?!?!?

Lets just call it a Latin America tour, k?
Old July 28th 2011, 02:50 PM
I'll Stick Around

ojala que vengan a PERÚ
Old July 28th 2011, 05:07 PM
A star burned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
did you just say South American tour and include Mexico?!?!?

Lets just call it a Latin America tour, k?
well, central america is south in comparison to north america, so that is just "half wrong".

but yeah, latin america fits way better, it's just natural to make it all south.
• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •
Old July 28th 2011, 05:11 PM
Holds pencils incorrectly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNESS View Post
well, central america is south in comparison to north america, so that is just "half wrong".

but yeah, latin america fits way better, it's just natural to make it all south.
Mexico is a North American country.
Old July 28th 2011, 05:32 PM
A star burned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
Mexico is a North American country.
true. my mistake, sorry.

but still south of USA and above.

I always sucked at geography in school.
• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •
Old July 28th 2011, 05:44 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: Foo Fighters - South American Tour?

Haha... But most of the time, Mexico is not taken into account as a North American country, just Canada & the USA.

Either way, y'get the point.
Old July 28th 2011, 06:07 PM
the user formerly known as mexicanFOO

Hahaha, yes, let's keep it as LA tour since the tour.foofighters.com page lists the NORTH AMERICAN tour and we're not there.

Maybe one day they'll do a CENTRAL AMERICAN tour and we'll be the only ones there :P
Old July 28th 2011, 09:24 PM
I'll Stick Around

Location: Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knezovich View Post
What's with all the hate? I just stated what I read, not making anything up.
I'm also fed up about them teasing us in the past, but this looks like it's for real.

As Madness says, I'm sure I'm wrong about the dates, but if they do confirm something, heck, that'll won't worry you at all.
Don't misundesrtand me! I'm not saying you are lying. I'm just against all the rumours and stuff. But definetely, not against you. Sorry if you felt offended, cheers!
Old July 28th 2011, 10:48 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Don't worry, I didn't take it personal

Although it seemed rude at first glance, I understand your position; with all these rumors running around you can't trust everything you read, but I'm also a latin guy who is more than excited about the Foo's confirming a date in Chile.

With that aside, I'm really expecting they announce more tour dates for a Latin American Tour Leg. Argentina & Brazil are the top candidates right now, Mexico is a close third. So fingers crossed guys! It really seems this'll be time they tour round these parts
Old July 28th 2011, 11:27 PM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knezovich View Post
Don't worry, I didn't take it personal

Although it seemed rude at first glance, I understand your position; with all these rumors running around you can't trust everything you read, but I'm also a latin guy who is more than excited about the Foo's confirming a date in Chile.

With that aside, I'm really expecting they announce more tour dates for a Latin American Tour Leg. Argentina & Brazil are the top candidates right now, Mexico is a close third. So fingers crossed guys! It really seems this'll be time they tour round these parts
Yeah, and logistically speakin' all of this with their Big touring outfit and all the crew, et al takes some doin' to go to South America, where the shows are supposedly legendary (see Iron Maiden, Rush), the fans are Foo-natical, and the venues are F-in' HUGE (Rio, Sao Paolo, Buenos Aires, Santiago, et al).

I can see where all you Latinos are a bit disappointed heretofore- especially since Australia seems to get the love, (and rightfully so, seein' as they, like the UK, have ALWAYS majorly pimped and decked out and shown up for Los Foos!),

but this world tour just is different, and I think y'all should start preparing for what we in America have been so Blessed with-

The Rockinest Coolest Greatest Grooviest Musical Group on the Planet!!!!

Salud!
:>
Old July 29th 2011, 12:27 AM
A star burned out

Cool Re: Foo Fighters - South American Tour?

the fact that they played here only once a decade ago is a huge factor. people see that they CAN do it and after patiently wating all this time, pople got fed up with it. every new album had new rumors and nothing, came to a point where it became ridiculous, so people started showing that and with the internet evolution over the years, it became more visible.

there's a project here in brazil, a graphic designer launched a campaign called FF50Pila (freely translated as FF50Bucks), where you join it confirming that you want the band so bad that you will give 50 bucks to the campaign to raise the money and pay the expenses. that's the greatest indicator of how much people here want them, because their facebook and crowdfunding pages had nearly 100,000 people confirming their participation. of course, not everyone would honor the "agreement" thinking it is just a FB joke, but from the messages there, people were nuts, REALLY wanting the band to come.

that's not what's going to pay their tour here, but shows like never before how there's no point on not coming anymore, they'll have a blast, it will be literally a new audience together with people holding that excitement for 10 years (myself included, obviously). UK is awesome, AUS is great and they SHOULD play hundreds of shows there and people DO deserve it and SHOULD see them 10 times or more, but there's no denying on the craziness of an audience coming out of a decade worth of foo abstinence.

so yeah, all of this to show that this time it's looking great.
Old August 1st 2011, 06:06 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Question South American tour?

I speak little english so I speak in spanish.
Bueno, soy de Argentina y fan de la banda mal. Hace una semanas la prensa argentina viene hablando de que "las fuentes confiables" dicen que van a venir a fin de año para esta parte del mundo o a comienzos del año que viene. Queria saber, nose si es que es acá donde se preguntan las cosas pero alguien que pueda responderme esta duda que me quita el sueño, si haya se hablo algo de esto, aunque sean rumores... onda así alimentan mi ilusion

PD: usen el Google Traductor .
Old August 1st 2011, 06:47 AM

Default Re: South American tour?

No lo se, no vivo en esta parte del mundo. Pero, pienso que tendrás mas informaciones aquí :

http://www.foofighters.com/us/tour
Old August 1st 2011, 07:25 AM
I'll Stick Around

Location: Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Que hacés ché! Acá tenes mas info: South American Tour

By the way, this forum is english-speaker, so if you want to have a good dialogue and communication with the rest of the users, you better speak at least a bit of english.

Un abrazo!
Old August 1st 2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemonss View Post
I speak little english so I speak in spanish.
Bueno, soy de Argentina y fan de la banda mal. Hace una semanas la prensa argentina viene hablando de que "las fuentes confiables" dicen que van a venir a fin de año para esta parte del mundo o a comienzos del año que viene. Queria saber, nose si es que es acá donde se preguntan las cosas pero alguien que pueda responderme esta duda que me quita el sueño, si haya se hablo algo de esto, aunque sean rumores... onda así alimentan mi ilusion

PD: usen el Google Traductor .
Yo no se que pueden los rumores estan la verdad. Pero, preparanos probablamente al ano nuevo, America de Sur. Los Foos hace EL FUEGO de Rock, y me siento que donde esta Fuego, tiene Humo, y los rumores pueden crecer la realidad.

Tenemos La Fe!
y Escuchamos aqui por las noticias sobre Los Foos y sus viajes musicales al Argentina, etc.

Saludos :>
Old August 2nd 2011, 04:02 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Muchas thank you to both
Old August 2nd 2011, 12:53 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by elayblooze View Post
Los Foos
Old August 2nd 2011, 04:01 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Chavos, mejor posteen aquí, es el thread oficial del tour de Latinoamérica: http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=151279

Please refer to that thread so we keep it all in just one place
Old August 7th 2011, 09:26 AM
the user formerly known as mexicanFOO

Weeeeeell, good news. Today, a @foofightersmx follower tweeted to us that he bumped into None other than Nate in Chicago (yes, there's the picture to prove it) and told him "i came all the way from mexico to see you" to which Nate responded "we're going to be in Mexico City next year"

YES!!! Wish they could visit the rest of the "must" cities (Monterrey and Guadalajara) so more people could experience the live Foo, but hey... It's a start
Old August 10th 2011, 02:29 AM
I'll Stick Around

don't you guys think that, with the recent announcement of Lollapalooza in São Paulo, along with that video of the guy that said too much, along with rumours about march and april next year, are strong evidences that they might come down here? I think the chances are big...