Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 19th 2011, 08:53 AM
I don't have a cofee problem.

Default Re: Pukkelpop Drama

Awful stuff. Saw the band tweet last night and didn't know anything about it until then.

03/06/95 KCLSU 15/11/95 Brixton 28/05/97 Astoria 29/05/97 Astoria 23/11/97 Brixton 25/11/99 Brixton 04/03/00 Scala 24/08/00 Stratford Rex 26/08/02 Astoria 23/11/02 Wembley Arena 24/08/05 Astoria 17/12/05 Earls Court 17/06/06 Hyde Park 18/11/07 02 Arena 06/06/08 Wembley Stadium 23/02/11 Brixton 25/02/11 Wembley Arena 03/07/11 MK Bowl 11/07/2011 Camden Roundhouse 10/09/2014 Brighton Concorde 2 14/09/2014 Invictus Games 06/09/2015 MK Bowl
Old August 19th 2011, 09:12 AM
Visiting is pretty...

So sorry for all who were there. Sounds and (on tv) looked so scary. Glad the Foos and crew are safe. Sympathies to those who died and their families and friends.
Old August 19th 2011, 09:55 AM
Visiting is pretty...

If I could just make one wish now. My deepest feeling for all the families and friends who lost someone.
Old August 19th 2011, 11:44 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Worst experience ever, we were hiding in a bathroom with several other people. They made the right decision to cancel the festival, the whole place was a big mess afterwards. Everyone seemed to be in a big shock. We left as soon as we could.
Old August 19th 2011, 12:42 PM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamilia View Post
I was there with my boyfriend but we're okay now! ran into a toilet during the storm and stayed there till it was over. glad to hear everyone's safe :-)
Zieke shit!

Glad youre ok!

https://soundcloud.com/peer105

Foo contact:
21-08-05 (Lowlands festival)
31-01-06 (HMH)
31-05-08 (Pinkpop festival)
13-06-11 (Pinkpop festival)
19-08-12 (Lowlands festival)
Old August 19th 2011, 02:28 PM

We were watching an awesome performance of Skunk Anansie when it began to rain. Everyone stayed where he or she was, because it didn't look that bad - in fact it had an extra special effect on the gig like the Foo show at Lollapalooza. But then the rain got worse, everything went dark, it started to hail and a lot of trash was flying through the air due to the heavy wind (I must have been standing close to this guy when it happened). We ran to a crew/backstage gate next to the main stage - I don't know if the Pukkelpop crew had opened it or if people had pushed it open - and managed to get into a container with toilets. I guess we stood there with six people on a square meter. Everyone was still laughing and joking, because in our eyes, it was just a big storm. When the rain was over - after less than ten minutes - we left the toilets and the first thing I saw was that a metal construction with a commercial banner had fallen onto a truck. The banner itself was full of holes, because of the big hail stones. We still didn't know that some tents had collapsed because we couldn't see that from where we stood. I had a fairly good cell phone connection and heard that there were dead and injured people via text messages, updates on Facebook and Twitter and phone calls - those were our only information sources because the crew didn't know anything. At the other end of the main stage field, we saw that a tree had fallen onto one of the stalls. Several metal constructions had collapsed, too, and the whole field had changed into a mud swamp. When we finally decided to leave the festival grounds, we saw the Chateau tent - the one that totally collapsed - and all the other stuff that had come down. It looked like a scene in a war movie, really. Afterwards, we had to walk an hour to the next big train station - the trains couldn't get to the little station near the festival as branches had covered the train rails. So... We were lucky to be at one of the safer places when the storm began and finally arrived at my student's room at 4 am. I've never seen anything like that ever.

EDIT: I received tons of Facebook/Twitter/text messages from Foo and FFPB friends. That was really, really sweet of you guys. Thanks

Milton Keynes II 2011 | Pukkelpop 2011 | Rock en Seine 2011 | Villa Manin 2012 | Pukkelpop 2012 | Reading 2012 | The Forum 2013 (SCP) | Wembley Stadium II
Milton Keynes I 2015 | Köhln 2015 | Rock Werchter 2017 | AccorHotels Arena Paris 2017 | NOS Alive 2017 | Sportpaleis Antwerp 2018 | Olympic Stadium II 2018

Last edited by Jamilia : August 19th 2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old August 19th 2011, 02:59 PM
Fooper!

Quote:
We were watching an awesome performance of Skunk Anansie when it began to rain. Everyone stayed where he or she was, because it didn't look that bad - in fact it had an extra special effect on the gig like the Foo show at Lollapalooza. But then the rain got worse, everything went dark, it started to hail and a lot of trash was flying through the air due to the heavy wind (I must have been standing close to this guy when it happened). We ran to a crew/backstage gate next to the main stage - I don't know if the Pukkelpop crew had opened it or if people had pushed it open - and managed to get into a container with toilets. I guess we stood there with six people on a square meter. Everyone was still laughing and joking, because in our eyes, it was just a big storm. When the rain was over - after less than ten minutes - we left the toilets and the first thing I saw was that a metal construction with a commercial banner had fallen onto a truck. The banner itself was full of holes, because of the big hail stones. We still didn't know that some tents had collapsed because we couldn't see that from where we stood. I had a fairly good cell phone connection and heard that there were dead and injured people via text messages, updates on Facebook and Twitter and phone calls - those were our only information sources because the crew didn't know anything. At the other end of the main stage field, we saw that a tree had fallen onto one of the stalls. Several metal constructions had collapsed, too, and the whole field had changed into a mud swamp. When we finally decided to leave the festival grounds, we saw the Chateau tent - the one that totally collapsed - and all the other stuff that had come down. It looked like a scene in a war movie, really. Afterwards, we had to walk an hour to the next big train station - the trains couldn't get to the little station near the festival as branches had covered the train rails. So... We were lucky to be at one of the safer places when the storm began and finally arrived at my student's room at 4 am. I've never seen anything like that ever.

EDIT: I received tons of Facebook/Twitter/text messages from Foo and FFPB friends. That was really, really sweet of you guys. Thanks
Jesus, sounded like the storm came from nowhere! Can't imagine how terrifying it must of been.
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old August 19th 2011, 03:02 PM

Terrifying video.
Old August 19th 2011, 03:27 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:

Ohhh sounds like we were in the same bathroom container. My friend and I were in there already when the heavy rain started and when it started to hail, we made sure to get some more people inside our cabins. Thats when it got really scarry... And yes the security opened those gates, at least thats what i heard.
Old August 19th 2011, 04:01 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrinchen View Post
Ohhh sounds like we were in the same bathroom container. My friend and I were in there already when the heavy rain started and when it started to hail, we made sure to get some more people inside our cabins. Thats when it got really scarry... And yes the security opened those gates, at least thats what i heard.
Just so glad you and Jamilia are OK. What a nightmare! Thanks for the info on the band and crew Jill.
Old August 19th 2011, 04:01 PM

Yeah, the moment it started to hail, I just thought 'Run!'. Some people their backs were seriously injured by the hail stones.

Milton Keynes II 2011 | Pukkelpop 2011 | Rock en Seine 2011 | Villa Manin 2012 | Pukkelpop 2012 | Reading 2012 | The Forum 2013 (SCP) | Wembley Stadium II
Milton Keynes I 2015 | Köhln 2015 | Rock Werchter 2017 | AccorHotels Arena Paris 2017 | NOS Alive 2017 | Sportpaleis Antwerp 2018 | Olympic Stadium II 2018

Last edited by Jamilia : August 20th 2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old August 19th 2011, 04:07 PM
How's that for a slice of fried gold?!

That video is awful!

Glad you guys are ok.
Old August 19th 2011, 05:12 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Unhappy Re: Pukkelpop Drama

I was there and it was a hell. I lost a good friend of me, she was so young
she's forever in my heart. R.I.P Marijke
Old August 19th 2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonakse93 View Post
Im so sorry for your loss

The whole thing sounds so scary and that video posted is crazy!

Got some pics on my FB of the Foo and Dead Peasants:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1183758839
Old August 19th 2011, 07:05 PM

Sorry to hear about that.
Old August 19th 2011, 07:19 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

sorry for your loss

never seen weather like that just crazy
Old August 19th 2011, 07:26 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonakse93 View Post
I'm so sorry to hear that. Marijke is in our hearts and prayers...
Old August 19th 2011, 07:36 PM
Yawn.

Glad our FFPB friends are okay.

So sad.
my friend told me i should hve 120 babies tonight and i was like no &*ckiing way man that would ruin ky vagina and it would turn into like a wizard sleeve and flap at every slifght breeze of and babies are way gross

Last edited by Knoxy : August 20th 2011 at 02:26 AM.
Old August 20th 2011, 01:23 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Condolences to everyone affected. Life is short, sometimes wayyy too short. Enjoy the important things every minute.
Old August 20th 2011, 02:21 AM
A star burned out

Quote:
I was there with my boyfriend but we're okay now! ran into a toilet during the storm and stayed there till it was over. glad to hear everyone's safe :-)
I just found out about it, the first thing I thought was to run here to see if you posted, I'm glad you're ok.

still horrible news and I feel awful for those dead or injured, the least thing anyone would think about when going to a great festival is anything like this.
• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •