Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 27th 2011, 09:07 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Default NJ show review

there is one on northjersey com if anyone wants to read about the nj show tonight
Old September 27th 2011, 01:16 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: NJ show review

Is there a thread for fanviews here?
Old September 27th 2011, 03:39 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Nj Izod 9/26/2011

Didn't see a fanview thread so I figured I'd start one.

Was that amazing or what?!?!?!?!?! I wasn't supposed to be at last night's IZOD show but a friend had an extra ticket and it didn't take too much convincing. Helped that I had a ride there and back to the city which was my big hang-up.

Highlights:
  • Krist Novoselic playing accordion on These Days
  • The rising platform across from the stage, Dave talking smack to the people sitting down
  • This Is A Call and Everlong (my all-time favourite)
  • Crazy fan who managed to get on stage and bounced around for a bit before diving back into the pit after a guard tries to chase after him
  • Dave talking about how it's the first time he's seen people tailgating at their shows and how they've finally made it (or something like that)
  • Dave talking about signs and how Nate gets a lot of signs (or was it Taylor?) and Pat finally get's a sign, and it said "Pat's sign"
  • During the encore when Dave and Taylor tease everyone with how many songs we're going to get
  • Dave kept saying New York and I was waiting for someone to boo him but no one did. Being from NY, I didn't mind
  • AND, the best part was NOBODY in my row shuffled back and forth to get beer or pee, so I could watch the entire show uninterrupted. What a beautiful thing.

Everlong was fucking amazing, I forget what an awesome song it is. I don't know how Dave kept up his energy the entire show but it was one of the most amazing shows I have ever seen. So thankful to have been there!

Anyone else?!? Help me keep this high going!
Old September 27th 2011, 03:58 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: Nj Izod 9/26/2011

You are 1,000 % correct.
I have been a fan for a while, but also brought with new some newbies, who i convinced to go to the current altar of rock and be enlightened...it is always gratifying to leave knowing that the folks you dragged there are now changed for life...I also brought my 11 year old and it was her first foo concert...she had an amazing time.

I think Dave really really appreciated the level of interest, knowledge and commitment of the NJ/NY fan base...East coast fans are among the most loyal in the world (sports teams including) and it is always said that when you play here, you need to bring your A game...and Dave and crew certainly did last night, and they (and we ) were well rewarded....

The crowd was great, and even the floor looked pretty tame...a bit of moshing etc...but nothing crazy...I was in section 107 and we had a great view, and even greater one when Dave came down the extension.

You really feel like you get MUCH MORE than your money's worth with low ticket prices and even 25 t-shirts..(unheard of in other NY area concerts)

This show was truly amazing, and my ears are still ringing, my arms ache from holding my daughter up in the air half the night and we walked out and almost collapsed in a sweaty , hoarse throated mess last night at lie 12 AM...the sign of an incredible show....

If you did not attend this...run out NOW and get tix for MSG and NJ in November...fly here..so whatever you can...I am already glad I got them....

There is NO other band like the Foo Fighters...and the live experience of
their crushing guitars and Daves incredible lyrics/music, combine to reach a fever pitch where eventually his held back inner spirit breaks loose from the rest of the song and goes insane, and the rest of the band just follows...

I saw them at Live At Letterman 10 feet away and did not think anything could top that night April 12, 2011...but last night came closer, even with me further away....

My particular favs were : Arlandria, that insane Stacked Actors duel and for some reason Let It Die live just makes me go nuts...

You are right...lets keep this post going....
'Late Show with David Letterman' - April 12,2011
LIVE AT LETTERMAN - April 12, 2011
IZOD Center - East Ruthfd, NJ - Sept 26, 2011
Madison Square GArden - NY Nov 13, 2011
Prud Center - NJ Nov 14, 2011
The Bamboozle - Asbury Park, NJ - May 19, 2012
Snd City Players - Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
Feb 13, 2013
'Late Show' - Oct 15, 2014
NOLA HOB 11-21-14
Irving Plaza NYC - Dec 5, 2014
Old September 27th 2011, 04:31 PM
My ears ring....always

After almost 40 years of concerts all I can say is "The Foo's ROCKED ". The show was very loud. I wore my plugs all night and my ears are STILL ringing louder than normal ( side note: wear ear protection while your young).

I thought it was great when Dave spoke to the row of kids in section 110.

'if you want to be up here dont play with your fucking computers...get a guitar and find some friends ........THATS HOW I DID IT'

You could see the dad(s) were as psyched as the kids.

I hope all the videos end up on you tube.

Kevin
Old September 27th 2011, 04:56 PM
Visiting is pretty...

The show was absolutely sick and even though I knew what the first 6-7 songs were going to be after watching all the feeds and itunes it was still one of the more enjoyable concerts I've seen them play. You can't compare the arena shows to the Roselands and Hammersteins and Supper Club type shows, but they hold up just as well. It amazes me that he's able to go out their every night and play that well and scream that loud for three hours.

Loved that they mixed it up a bit (played Rosemary at the end), and Let it Die and These Days are songs that are made for live shows. This is a Call was awesome. The whole show was awesome. Here's hoping they keep mixing it up after the first seven songs. Especially since I'm seeing them at Pru Center, MSG & Charlotte.

Fucking Foo are the greatest.
Old September 27th 2011, 05:01 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooMan14 View Post
I also brought my 11 year old and it was her first foo concert...she had an amazing time.
That's so amazing that you got to share this with your daughter, especially this show. I didn't really get into music (especially the good stuff) until college and beyond and it's so great that she will have a lifetime to experience all the fabulous bands out there.

I still can't believe how fortunate I was that things just kinda fell into place and I was there! I originally got tickets to this show and Newark, then bought MSG tickets and sold the IZOD tickets because I didn't really need to see them 3x plus I hate the buses from Port Authority. I saw them at Hammerstein (or was it Roseland?) right when One by One came out, that was my first and I thought the best show I would ever see of them now that they are playing bigger arenas but yesterday's show proved me wrong.

Boy, now I am SO happy I have 2 more shows to look forward to.

No way, there were $25 shirts? I was going to get a show poster, only saw the one with all their faces for $10, and figured that's a tour poster that maybe I can get at the next show. Were there any show-specific merch? Now I regret not looking harder but it was close to 9 when I got there and I really didn't want to miss Bridge Burning

Some other highlights coming back to me:
  • When the crowd was applauding and then Dave held up his hand then was like, no actually, let's hear more!
  • All My Life was totally rocking. I forgot how much I love this song too, it was the song that got me back into them
  • Arlandria was pretty intense "YOU ARE NOT ME"
  • Walk, I love the part where it goes "I never want to die, I never want to die, I'm on, my knees etc etc"
  • Breakdown - this is a Tom Petty cover, right? I really liked this

I have to agree, the crowd was phenomenal. Everyone having fun but not out of line. Zero spilled beer on me, no one on their blackberries, no one sitting down around me. I was in 106.

Can they release boots like Pearl Jam? I need a boot of this show really bad! A DVD would be even better! Pretty please?
Old September 27th 2011, 05:05 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Okay, sorry to monopolize but I just can't contain myself, otherwise I might need to jump up in the middle of my uber conservative office and SCREAM!

Love this review: http://www.northjersey.com/arts_ente...od_Center.html I took the liberty of bolding my favourite lines!

Dave Grohl's Foo Fighters hold nothing back in Jersey; fans treated to hours-long rock assault at Izod
Monday, September 26, 2011 Last updated: Tuesday September 27, 2011, 1:39 AM
BY MIKE KERWICK
STAFF WRITER
The Record

He was gone. His floppy dark locks, his beautiful blue axe ... gone.
Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters performing Monday at the IZOD Center in East Rutherford.

Dave Grohl left the stage. He climbed down and beat a path to the middle of the arena, then to the opposite side of the building.

He treated the stage as a suggestion, not a piece of required reading, during Monday night's Foo Fighters show at Izod Center. At times, he treated the lyrics the same way, loosening the reins so the audience could steer.

The result was cohesion -- a lovefest between a lead singer and the kids who grew up worshipping him.

Previous shows on this tour have stayed true to script -- few edits, fewer surprises. Monday's performance at Izod was no different. Setlist-wise, Grohl was grooving his pitches. If you had an Internet connection and a propensity for reading spoilers, you could have penciled in the first nine songs yourself.

"Bridge Burning," "Rope," "The Pretender," "My Hero," "Learn to Fly" ...

But if creativity was lacking, energy was not. The band hit the stage at 9:02 p.m. and illustrated the finer points of taking a decent song and elevating it to something else live. "Bridge Burning," an unremarkable song on the band's new album "Wasting Light," rippled with energy.

He propped his left leg up on a speaker during "Rope" and hopped around AC/DC-style during "The Pretender."

"This is a big [expletive] show," Grohl told the crowd four songs in, when he finally came up for air. "This is the biggest [expletive] show on the tour right now."

Grohl certainly treated it that way. He played songs with pace ("Learn to Fly," "Monkey Wrench") and he played songs without pace (Do yourself a favor: Track down a live version of "These Days"). And by the end of the night -- Were they really out there until 11:47 p.m.? -- he left very few hits on the cutting room floor.

The band closed with "All My Life" before returning for the encore. The seven-song encore included "Long Road to Ruin," "The Best of You," "Times Like These," a cover of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers' "Breakdown" and "Everlong."

Grohl and his band mates will circle back through this area in mid-November. The Foo Fighters will play The Mecca (Madison Square Garden) on Sunday, Nov. 13 before visiting The Rock (Prudential Center) on Nov. 14.

Rise Against, suiting up for the final time on this tour, set the table with a 10-song, 44-minute set. It was four parts entertaining, one part unintelligible. With rock bands, that's not always a reason to deduct points.

Email: kerwick@northjersey.com

Follow Staff Writer Mike Kerwick at @mikekerwick
Old September 27th 2011, 05:40 PM
My ears ring....always

Dave (to crowd) How many people seen us before?

CROWD .... ROARS!

DAVE (to crowd) so how many of you are seeing us for the first time?

CROWD .... Roars again.

DAVE ..... Well you guys are lucky...... we have been rehearsing 16 years for tonights show!!

Lol
Old September 27th 2011, 05:50 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_ct View Post
Dave (to crowd) How many people seen us before?

CROWD .... ROARS!

DAVE (to crowd) so how many of you are seeing us for the first time?

CROWD .... Roars again.

DAVE ..... Well you guys are lucky...... we have been rehearsing 16 years for tonights show!!

Lol
But I recall him starting off that rehearsal remark with, "What, 16 fucking years and you couldn't come to one show?". Loved it.

Last night was absolutely amazing...this was my first Foo show, and it turned out being one of the very best shows I've ever seen.

By the way, would anyone have happened to have written down the setlist?
Old September 27th 2011, 06:07 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
But I recall him starting off that rehearsal remark with, "What, 16 fucking years and you couldn't come to one show?". Loved it.

Last night was absolutely amazing...this was my first Foo show, and it turned out being one of the very best shows I've ever seen.

By the way, would anyone have happened to have written down the setlist?
i got one even better for you

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...80621 8_n.jpg
Old September 27th 2011, 06:13 PM
I'll Stick Around

My first Foo Fighters concert after years of being a fan, and the best concert I've been to in my 18 years of living. I'm so appreciative of this band and I can't wait til November!
5/5/14 at 9:30 Club in DC
9/17/14 at The National in Richmond, VA
10/24/14 at Black Cat in DC
7/4/2015 at RFK 20th Anniversary Blowout in DC
7/13/15 at BB&C Pavillion in Camden, NJ
10/11/2017 at The Anthem in DC
10/12/2017 at The Anthem in DC
10/14/2017 at Richmond Coliseum in Richmond, VA

The 10 best nights of my life.
Old September 27th 2011, 06:57 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I'm a fairly recent convert from casual fan to fanatic but that was THE GREATEST FUCKING CONCERT I've ever been to!

It never ceases to amaze me how much energy the band has. They really give it their all out there. I wish I could relive the whole thing! At least I managed to record the whole 10-min performance of Monkey Wrench to enjoy later. What's the step after "fanatic", cause I'm that now.
Old September 27th 2011, 08:12 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default First timer in NJ last night...review and video!

Long time fan made it to my first show last night! I finally got my jaw off the floor....I posted a short review and a short video. The website is davidgisme but I can't post a link. My website is also in my profile.

Long Live the FOOS!!!

Last edited by saintinthecity : September 27th 2011 at 08:16 PM. Reason: I tried to post a link
Old September 27th 2011, 08:13 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
No way.. cool!
Old September 27th 2011, 09:40 PM
Shaking like the thunder Sinking under

Thumbs up Re: Nj Izod 9/26/2011

Can't wait till November! We all had a great time! I love that people insection 102 were singing and dancing having a ball! Section 102 also had the best rock voices

We were the loudest!!!woohoo!

Last edited by A Little Frayed : September 27th 2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old September 27th 2011, 10:18 PM
Run for your life with me

Great time!! Section 120 was great, 2nd row! They are the greatest rock band on the planet! Almost 3 hours of the best music!

I was so happy they played I should have known! Krist coming out and playing (although the dude behind me didn't know who he was)

Daves jokes about people who didn't come to see him in 16 years, funny!!

I also had a front row view to the dude who got tossed, he was in the pit early and was rocking all night, and then, just took it a bit too far!
Old September 27th 2011, 10:35 PM
My ears ring....always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grail72 View Post
Great time!! Section 120 was great, 2nd row! They are the greatest rock band on the planet! Almost 3 hours of the best music!

I also had a front row view to the dude who got tossed, he was in the pit early and was rocking all night, and then, just took it a bit too far!
What happened?
Old September 27th 2011, 10:57 PM
Shaking like the thunder Sinking under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_ct View Post
What happened?
Jumped around on stage for few seconds then dove into crowd then body guard ran after him
Old September 27th 2011, 10:58 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
Jumped around on stage for few seconds then dove into crowd then body guard ran after him
i was on in pit on the other side, towards the end of the show there were 2 state troopers looking for someone, could have been that dude