Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 27th 2011, 11:00 PM
My ears ring....always

Default Re: Nj Izod 9/26/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
Jumped around on stage for few seconds then dove into crowd then body guard ran after him
I saw that.... never thought the big security guard would catch him

Too bad
Old September 27th 2011, 11:04 PM
Shaking like the thunder Sinking under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
i was on in pit on the other side, towards the end of the show there were 2 state troopers looking for someone, could have been that dude
Oh yeah I was in 102 section and saw them too...I didn't think much of it. Just thought they were just checking in since end of show was nearing and maybe just enjoying rest of the show
The crowd was very good IZOD and NJ should be proud!
Old September 27th 2011, 11:10 PM

LOL Re: Nj Izod 9/26/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_ct View Post

Too bad
When kid dove off stage it would have been awesome to see bodyguard dive in after him! LOL. ( just joking!)
Old September 27th 2011, 11:14 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziemay View Post
[list]Dave talking about signs and how Nate gets a lot of signs (or was it Taylor?) and Pat finally get's a sign, and it said "Pat's sign"
They talked about my signs!? Awesome! Video would be sweet!
Old September 27th 2011, 11:24 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_ct View Post

Too bad
That was one of the most fun things I'd ever seen! He wasn't bothering the band, he didn't even try to get to them. All of a sudden there was this tall skinny dude bouncing around, and then you see the big security guard coming towards him, took a good 10-15 seconds, and then the dude sees the guard and runs back to the pit. I really thought the guard was going to dive in after him, and that Dave was going to say something since the guy really wasn't bothering the band at all. I thought it just added to the fun.
Old September 27th 2011, 11:37 PM
Run for your life with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziemay View Post
That was one of the most fun things I'd ever seen! He wasn't bothering the band, he didn't even try to get to them. All of a sudden there was this tall skinny dude bouncing around, and then you see the big security guard coming towards him, took a good 10-15 seconds, and then the dude sees the guard and runs back to the pit. I really thought the guard was going to dive in after him, and that Dave was going to say something since the guy really wasn't bothering the band at all. I thought it just added to the fun.

I thought they should have let him stay, he was harmless..... but I guess they have to, then there would be more trying it.

Great F'N night though!!!
Old September 28th 2011, 12:28 AM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooMan14 View Post
I saw them at Live At Letterman 10 feet away and did not think anything could top that night April 12, 2011...but last night came closer, even with me further away.....
hey! I remember you from Live At Letterman! I never knew if you were able to make it in or not but I'm so glad you did! That show was so incredible. Definitely one of my favorite times seeing them. and it's so awesome that you brought your daughter! I saw a bunch of kids in the audience and it made me so happy to see a new generation discover their music for the first time since I remember what that was like.

Last night was so great. sucks that their setlists are almost entirely comprised of singles (except for the new stuff! which I love hearing live) but in the long run it doesn't matter to me too much just because they make the shows so fucking good regardless of what they play.

It was my 10th time seeing them, and having Krist come out on stage with them made it feel even more special than it already was for me. Nirvana was the band that really introduced me to music so many years ago and having everything come together like that was unbelievable. I'm SO excited to see them at MSG and Prudential (and hopefully Boston if I can manage it!). I just wish I could see them all the time haha

Last edited by kfpandas : September 28th 2011 at 02:21 AM.
Old September 28th 2011, 01:52 AM
Visiting is pretty...

FYI regarding the kid who bounced up on stage. I was talking to him for a bit between Rise Against and The Foos...he was so into the night, probably had a few beers...from where I was standing in the pit I can confirm that the security guard took him to the back with a nice firm arm around his neck....the kid was waving to the crowd as they they went so he didn't go upset or fighting.

The other I didn't see mentioned, at one point as a bunch of people were shooting pics/video with their phones, the security guards were shining flashlights to prevent...Dave shouted down...it's ok, it's ok and they stopped for the rest of the night.

I was in the thick of things and as an older fan who has been to a ton of shows, this was one of the coolest audiences I have ever been a part of.
Old September 28th 2011, 02:14 AM

Thumbs up Re: Nj Izod 9/26/2011

audience was best ever!!! IZOD #1!! This was my birthday outting with my brother, his wife, and his friend...part two and three coming with more friends and family in November! best excuse ever to have a good time with a band I absolutely adore! and my friends and family coming along just makes me feel so loved! and Foo crowd does this just the same!xxxluvFF fansxx
some of which -just as famous as band!

Old September 28th 2011, 04:06 AM
Have you found your way around

absolutely great show.

the crowd was very nice. stood behind a really tall guy during rise against, and I could see alright, but he was still nice enough to let me in front row next to him.
the atmosphere was pretty great too. literally everyone next to me knew all the words to all the songs, which in my somewhat extensive history of foo shows has not happened so far. felt like there was a real connection between people too.
Old September 28th 2011, 04:56 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
Jumped around on stage for few seconds then dove into crowd then body guard ran after him
I saw that dude on the train...he was super stoked about it.

The show was definitely kick ass. I kind of thought the crowd on the floor was a little mellow for the first few songs. I saw some people in the front grooving, but didn't see too much movement till later.

I flew in from Orlando since Foos haven't added any FL dates yet. Can't wait to see them on the floor at MSG and Prudential. WOO HOOOO!!!!
Old September 28th 2011, 05:18 AM
I'll Stick Around

Uh Oh... I tried to post a link and I am not allowed to! bbs.foofighters.com does not allow new users to post links until a minimum post count is reached. This regulation is in place to prevent spam.
Old September 28th 2011, 06:04 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Awesome show, really 1-UPed their last Izod show a couple years ago. I've been checking setlists almost the entire tour and for whatever reason I didn't check the Buffalo setlist, it was fate I did because the Novoselic surprise would've been ruined. It was such a special moment for me when he came on stage as with him, Dave, and Pat its the closest I'll ever get to seeing Nirvana. The band sounded great and played just shy under 3 hours, an absolute great show. Don't feel the need to see them in NJ or NYC in 6/7 weeks as the setlist will most likely be 95% the same, but I would love to see them again further down the road. Just truly a delightful show.
Old September 28th 2011, 01:33 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
By the way, would anyone have happened to have written down the setlist?
OK I lifted this from anotehr site....looks like they were pretty
accurate...thanks guys...

Bridge Burning
Rope
The Pretender
My Hero
Learn to Fly
White Limo
Arlandria
Breakout
Cold Day in the Sun
Stacked Actors
Walk
Monkey Wrench
Let It Die
These Days @With[Krist Novoselic]
I Should Have Known
This is a Call

In the Flesh? @Cover[Pink Floyd]

All My Life

Long Road to Ruin [Dave Solo Acoustic]
Best of You [Dave Solo Acoustic]
Times Like These [Dave Solo Acoustic/Full Band Electric]
Dear Rosemary
Breakdown - Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers]
Skin and Bones
Everlong
'Late Show with David Letterman' - April 12,2011
LIVE AT LETTERMAN - April 12, 2011
IZOD Center - East Ruthfd, NJ - Sept 26, 2011
Madison Square GArden - NY Nov 13, 2011
Prud Center - NJ Nov 14, 2011
The Bamboozle - Asbury Park, NJ - May 19, 2012
Snd City Players - Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
Feb 13, 2013
'Late Show' - Oct 15, 2014
NOLA HOB 11-21-14
Irving Plaza NYC - Dec 5, 2014
Old September 28th 2011, 02:35 PM
Everywhere But Home

Awesome show... really enjoyed it more than I thought I would! Did anyone catch Dave's shout out to me asking how many shows I'd been to and dedicating Breakout to "old fan" me? Some people I know heard it and were laughing saying they KNEW he had to be talking to me. hahah.

I liked the Tom Petty cover! I have video of These days with Krist.
Old September 28th 2011, 02:46 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
Awesome show... really enjoyed it more than I thought I would! Did anyone catch Dave's shout out to me asking how many shows I'd been to and dedicating Breakout to "old fan" me? Some people I know heard it and were laughing saying they KNEW he had to be talking to me. hahah.

I liked the Tom Petty cover! I have video of These days with Krist.
I heard that, you must have been on Nate's side since i was on Chris's side. he should have been talking to me since i've been going since 95 or 96, but i had a feeling he was talking to you.
Old September 28th 2011, 03:44 PM
Everywhere But Home

Quote:
I heard that, you must have been on Nate's side since i was on Chris's side. he should have been talking to me since i've been going since 95 or 96, but i had a feeling he was talking to you.
right on. yes i was on nate's for most of the show. I was actually front row right in the corner where the catwalk starts. I appreciate Dave's acknowledgement of my dedication.

What a great show! It was the only one I caught of this tour so far (I did see them in NYC when the album came out and also in Chicago recently - won a trip- but it wasnt the same as this big tour setup). I will catch a few more shows in November. Also went to Jimmy Fallon last night.
Old September 28th 2011, 03:48 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
right on. yes i was on nate's for most of the show. I was actually front row right in the corner where the catwalk starts. I appreciate Dave's acknowledgement of my dedication.

What a great show! It was the only one I caught of this tour so far (I did see them in NYC when the album came out and also in Chicago recently - won a trip- but it wasnt the same as this big tour setup). I will catch a few more shows in November. Also went to Jimmy Fallon last night.
i didn't see you waiting outside on the GA line, were you on line? I was about the 25th person on line with my wife, and friend. we got there around 3pm
Old September 28th 2011, 04:16 PM
Everywhere But Home

Quote:
i didn't see you waiting outside on the GA line, were you on line? I was about the 25th person on line with my wife, and friend. we got there around 3pm
yea i was first person inside... front of the line.
Old September 28th 2011, 05:22 PM
Visiting is pretty...

When the musical Gods align for me, I always think what have I done to deserve this? Sunday night Sept 25th I was fortunate enough to be at the Stone Pony seeing the legendary X and my bucket list got a lot shorter. I kept thinking to myself they sound phenomenal. Incredible energy still after all these years.

Then Monday rolls around and I'm at my desk with a great case of moderate tinnitus and I'm like holy shitsnacks - I work in East Rutherford, Foo Fighters are playing less than a mile away from me and I'm going with one of their biggest fans in tow my sister. See it's her fault that I have become one of those people. The dancing singing screaming going ape til nothing comes out anymore fans. Had a few moments of the usual jaded concert goer beforehand - people around me better behave, Let It Die better be on the setlist you know the internal nagging that is pointless. Then Rise Against went off the stage and the crew started their ritual popping out some fancy new equipment like rolling vidmats across the stage and 21st century waist high gyrolights stationed around the perimiter. Then all of a sudden I'm 40 feet away from Pat Smear as one of the many funky ass 360 degree triangular video screens blocking the band starts rising up over his head and thinking Bridge Burning sounds so much better live HERE WE GO!

How do you properly thank influential yet humbly hilarious people for blowing your doors off? How do you convey to the uninitiated that every second and everyone I encountered on that September night was extraordinary? My plan is to scream louder at the next two Foo shows within a month and a half. I might even make a sign...

That was my third FF show and I can only wish for many many more. They actually do rule.