Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old October 17th 2011, 03:06 AM
colleenfoo colleenfoo is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1
Default Re: Bringing my 7 year old tomorrow night...

Oh My - Were you the one that had your son wear the shirt that said "I have 2 heros - My dad and David Grohl"??? When on the floor fans wait for HOURS the see the band they LOVE-to have someone show up when it is "convenient" with his kid on his shoulders peeps around me kept saying "did he pay that kid so he could do this??? " You completely blocked my view - this concert meant a lot to me as well. I was BLESSED because I was able to see Dave play with Cage. I hope your son TRULY had a once in a lifetime moment. Those of us on the floor gave it up for the kid - only as true Foo fans would I know for the last half of the concert you didn't think twice about those behind you. Dave and the Foo's Thank you so much for a performance that was all that I would know you would do ( even though I couldn't see all of it =p) I LOVE you all and appreciate your 110% all you give to the fans!!!!!YOU ROCK!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old October 17th 2011, 06:54 AM
Cosmo's Avatar
Cosmo Cosmo is offline
I'd rather leave than suffer this
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 965
Default Re: Bringing my 7 year old tomorrow night...

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleenfoo View Post
Oh My - Were you the one that had your son wear the shirt that said "I have 2 heros - My dad and David Grohl"??? When on the floor fans wait for HOURS the see the band they LOVE-to have someone show up when it is "convenient" with his kid on his shoulders peeps around me kept saying "did he pay that kid so he could do this??? " You completely blocked my view - this concert meant a lot to me as well. I was BLESSED because I was able to see Dave play with Cage. I hope your son TRULY had a once in a lifetime moment. Those of us on the floor gave it up for the kid - only as true Foo fans would I know for the last half of the concert you didn't think twice about those behind you. Dave and the Foo's Thank you so much for a performance that was all that I would know you would do ( even though I couldn't see all of it =p) I LOVE you all and appreciate your 110% all you give to the fans!!!!!YOU ROCK!!!!!
...
Sometimes... I think people use their kids as attention getters. I mean... seriously, did that kid come up with that shirt? Does anyone believe he did? Really? Dad didn't come up with that... sort of like the way Michael Scott from 'The Office' bought himself a 'World's Greatest Boss' coffee mug?
I know, I'm being a dick about it... but, sometimes... and I'm not saying this guy does... people pimp out their kids for attention. There... I said it.
And the basic rule of General Admission... anyone up on someone's shoulders is fair game. Just like if I wore football shoulder pads and a giant rainbow afro wig and got a spot on the railing... I would expect someone behind me to set that bitch on fire.
If you are physically tall... that's okay, you cannot control your height and I can see that you are that tall, so I don't pick a spot on the floor where all I can see is the back of your shirt. But, stacking someone on your shoulders is only okay if you are 3 foot 1 and your girlfriend is 2 foot 10 from the waist up.
I've also been to gigs where parents come in late and expect eveyone to make way for them to the front so their infant can rock out to the music and hear the lead singer say, 'Fuck...' a bunch of times. Fine... if you and your fetus want a spot in the railing... just get to the venue a minute before the first person in line, at noon and sit on the concrete with the rest of us.
I'm not saying you can't bring your kids to the gigs... but, don't bring them to the gigs so YOU can get attention from the singer. Spring for seats so you don't make him/her a target for a half full cup of beer by blocking the view of people that waited in line for hours.
And if anyone is wondering... no, I don't have kids. And if I did... I would let them go to gigs they wanted to go to... even if it was Justin Beiber (which is reason enough for me to not have kids). And I'd only let them go if they can, at least, dress themselves.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old October 17th 2011, 07:07 AM
FooFighter0234's Avatar
FooFighter0234 FooFighter0234 is offline
Cause everyone's just too weird
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 5,532
Default Re: Bringing my 7 year old tomorrow night...

God DAMN, Cosmo, have some empathy, willya? You're being a major dick about such a small issue, and frankly, you're overreacting.
__________________
10/2/05-St Paul, MN, Xcel Energy Center
10/29/06-St. Paul, MN, Xcel Energy Center
2/27/08-Minneapolis MN, Target Center
9/14/11-St. Paul, MN, Xcel Energy Center. Front row show #1 and BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE. THREE PICKS (one from Dave, two from Shifty!) Shifty noticed me!
8/22/15-St. Paul, MN, Xcel Energy Center. Front row show #2! Shifty noticed me again!


I <3 Shifty!

NATE IS A WIZARD!

私はデイブグロールの愛

My pictures from the 9/14 show
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old October 17th 2011, 07:14 AM
Cosmo's Avatar
Cosmo Cosmo is offline
I'd rather leave than suffer this
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 965
Default Re: Bringing my 7 year old tomorrow night...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooFighter0234 View Post
God DAMN, Cosmo, have some empathy, willya? You're being a major dick about such a small issue, and frankly, you're overreacting.
...
Someone didn't take their humor pill today, did they?

Last edited by Cosmo : October 17th 2011 at 07:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old October 17th 2011, 07:32 AM
Kathi's Avatar
Kathi Kathi is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: over the hills and far away (Italy/Austria)
Posts: 2,282
Default Re: Bringing my 7 year old tomorrow night...

Have to agree with Cosmo there.

I saw lots of kids who were rocking out with their parents, either up in seats or a bit back on the floor where they could still see & weren't going to be too crushed. I doubt the kid had fun up there the whole time, and the shirt does sound like his dad picked it for attention. It's probably a bit more tolerable with kids, but I've had guys carry their girlfriends on their shoulders right in front of me for loads of gigs, and I'm very glad security mostly tells them to get down now. You can't see anything. If you're tall, that's something you can't help, and you shouldn't have to give up your spot for it, but don't deliberately obstruct people's view.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old October 17th 2011, 07:46 AM
Cosmo's Avatar
Cosmo Cosmo is offline
I'd rather leave than suffer this
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 965
Default Re: Bringing my 7 year old tomorrow night...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathi View Post
Have to agree with Cosmo there.

I saw lots of kids who were rocking out with their parents, either up in seats or a bit back on the floor where they could still see & weren't going to be too crushed. I doubt the kid had fun up there the whole time, and the shirt does sound like his dad picked it for attention. It's probably a bit more tolerable with kids, but I've had guys carry their girlfriends on their shoulders right in front of me for loads of gigs, and I'm very glad security mostly tells them to get down now. You can't see anything. If you're tall, that's something you can't help, and you shouldn't have to give up your spot for it, but don't deliberately obstruct people's view.
...
Yeah... the intent was humor, based in truth.
I mean, I'm sure no one thinks it's okay for parents to pimp out their kids or hold them out as bait so they (the parents) can get attention... and if they do use their kids as attention bait... and I'm the dick for saying so?
Note: Did that kid know how to spell 'Grohl'? I mean, 20% of teen aged and adult Foo Fans mispell his name.
Also, My friend brought her young son to the show... and her being a veteran of many GenAdm shows, knew he'd have a better time towards the back. The show was entertaining from the back... with the big screens and the lighting... and the being able to get a Pepsi and go to the restroom. He had a great time... but, was well ready for bed when I saw him after the show.
...
As for the chicks... especially the ones that flash their boobs. I mean, these guys have been playing professionally for 20something years... 2/5s of them are drummers... they've seen a lot of tits before. It's pretty arrogant (and airheadedness) to think their tits are that spectacular... well, if they glowed in the dark and shot flames from the nipples, well... I supposed they'd like to see those.
Anyway, I think that the people that have put in the time and effort it takes to get close up... should get close up and should not have to give way to people who come in late and feel they should receive special treatment because they dragged their kid along with them.
But, that's just me... and yeah, I guess I'm a dick.

Last edited by Cosmo : October 17th 2011 at 07:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old October 17th 2011, 08:50 AM
Knoxy's Avatar
Knoxy Knoxy is offline
Yawn.
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rent free in your head.
Posts: 23,508
Default Re: Bringing my 7 year old tomorrow night...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
...

...
As for the chicks... especially the ones that flash their boobs. I mean, these guys have been playing professionally for 20something years... 2/5s of them are drummers... they've seen a lot of tits before. It's pretty arrogant (and airheadedness) to think their tits are that spectacular...
Not to mention fucking disgusting and disrespectful. I mean, these are married men. Fucking whores.

If I were their wives, I would be serving a frigging beat down on those scumbags...
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old October 17th 2011, 10:10 PM
Cosmo's Avatar
Cosmo Cosmo is offline
I'd rather leave than suffer this
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 965
Default Re: Bringing my 7 year old tomorrow night...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoxy View Post
Not to mention fucking disgusting and disrespectful. I mean, these are married men. Fucking whores.

If I were their wives, I would be serving a frigging beat down on those scumbags...
...
Disgusting? Lady Breasts? No way... er... Well... I guess some of them are... I mean, I seen 'National Geographic'.
...
Oh, and... Can I borrow Tiny Knoxy to take to the Bridge School so I can write, 'My Daddy is sick and needs an operation... can I have a guitar pick and a setlist? (autographed by the band, of course)' on his shirt and hold him up. He is so cute... and he really wants to rock out to 'I'll Stick Around'... right?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old October 18th 2011, 08:55 PM
Oh! Gravity's Avatar
Oh! Gravity Oh! Gravity is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: PC baby!
Posts: 46
Default Re: Bringing my 7 year old tomorrow night...

And I'll add this for the record, if your shorter then the average person then i'd have enough common sense to know "hey, if I am down infront in GA I am more then likely not gonna see a damn thing so maybe I should get a sit that has a higher view in the stands instead of staring at the back of some random shirt".
__________________
Names Josh......I love music.....whats victoria's secret?.....maybe its maybaline.....www.myspace.com/rental_metard
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.