Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 19th 2011, 05:56 AM
I'll Stick Around

Default Sacramento... do I dare? *UPDATED* NEED PLANNING HELP!!!

Just went to my first Foo show Sunday night in PHX. Dear god. I didn't know how fucking fantastic it could be - and i had really high expectations...

About 2 hours after the show, when i started to regain hearing and some sobriety - I realized how depressed I was. I was not prepared for this.

I am now seriously contemplating buying tix (maybe even from a broker to get really good seats) and just running up some credit card debt and heading to the Sacramento show. Alone. I cant get anyone to go with me... but I am not sure I care.

Am I really going to do this? Literally a one nighter.

Will I just be thrilled then crushed again?
Is this something a 39 year old mother does??? An accountant?

Do i just wait and pray for a 2012 US leg?

****UPDATE**** I think its a go - have started planning - see page 2 for a slew of questions!!!

Last edited by GreenGirl : October 20th 2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old October 19th 2011, 05:57 AM
I'll Stick Around

Default Re: Sacramento... do I dare?

and I should say - I would have to fly... where is the dollar sign icon when you need it?
Old October 19th 2011, 06:00 AM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmenning View Post
Just went to my first Foo show Sunday night in PHX. Dear god. I didn't know how fucking fantastic it could be - and i had really high expectations...

About 2 hours after the show, when i started to regain hearing and some sobriety - I realized how depressed I was. I was not prepared for this.

I am now seriously contemplating buying tix (maybe even from a broker to get really good seats) and just running up some credit card debt and heading to the Sacramento show. Alone. I cant get anyone to go with me... but I am not sure I care.

If you can afford it & be able to pay your bills then go for it.
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old October 19th 2011, 02:53 PM
Have you found your way around

Do it! I've been to most concerts alone, and you don't really need company for a gig, as you get so drawn into the music anyways. Also, most FF fans are very nice and you might get to talk to some people while in line etc.

I'd try and wait if ticketmaster releases any more GA tickets though..I know the 2 I had must be around again now. You can always buy from a website a few days before the show.
Old October 19th 2011, 04:17 PM
Colors inside the lines

I always go alone and meet other people from this board. I just returned from the LA shows and leave for the East coast in ~2weeks.

I wouldn't go in debt to go, but if you can afford it, by all means do it!

*wears a helmet at all times*
Old October 19th 2011, 04:56 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:

It will be the best one-night stand you ever have w/ 15000 complete strangers. If it won't cause long-standing economic hardship - DO IT!

I feel good about the good things; I feel bad about the bad things. I wouldn't changes thing.
Old October 19th 2011, 05:46 PM
Colors inside the lines

As an example, I met ~Butterflies~ for the first time in LA last week and we did 2 shows together! We both flew out alone (from Iowa & Georgia). Fun!!

Old October 19th 2011, 08:35 PM
I'll Stick Around

oh, man! I knew you guys would say to go for it!

I had talked myself out of it, but I may just have to do it. I am really glad to hear other people go by themselves too. I am pretty sure my husband thinks I am crazy.

Flight and hotel would be $350 - add a little food and a ticket - and I would be right at $500. I can swing that. A couple of vacation days... it will be all set.

Does anybody think you are too "zealous"? I mean serioously, I am 39 years old. I am a mom. I am an accountant. A lot of people just dont get that this is something that I really enjoy - they think I am a litle nuts for even considering it.
Old October 19th 2011, 08:36 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Butterflies~ View Post
It will be the best one-night stand you ever have w/ 15000 complete strangers. If it won't cause long-standing economic hardship - DO IT!
Hmmm - a one night stand with 15000 strangers.. I just like this idea better and better!
Old October 19th 2011, 08:50 PM
Fooper!

Quote:

I had talked myself out of it, but I may just have to do it. I am really glad to hear other people go by themselves too. I am pretty sure my husband thinks I am crazy.

Flight and hotel would be $350 - add a little food and a ticket - and I would be right at $500. I can swing that. A couple of vacation days... it will be all set.

Does anybody think you are too "zealous"? I mean serioously, I am 39 years old. I am a mom. I am an accountant. A lot of people just dont get that this is something that I really enjoy - they think I am a litle nuts for even considering it.
I'm 37.If i had the money i'd fly to the usa & take in a foo show or two.If you want it, go for it.Life is too short, you will only kick yourself for not going!
O2 Arena,London,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Old October 19th 2011, 09:17 PM
Never knowing who to believe

I'm thinking of making a trip to america from the uk for a couple of shows in november, so i would say go for it
Old October 19th 2011, 10:12 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Milly View Post
I'm thinking of making a trip to america from the uk for a couple of shows in november, so i would say go for it
If I really had the $$$ I would definitely love to go abroad for a few shows... So wish I knew what 2012 holds for tours dates.
Old October 19th 2011, 10:27 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:

I am getting things prepared to fly out from Boulder for the MSG show next month, only my 2nd this tour. I'd do more shows if I could. If you want to do something for yourself that's fun, do it! You'll never have 100% approval from other people--except us, of course. We're awesome Foo fans and we GET IT!
Old October 19th 2011, 11:51 PM
Colors inside the lines

Quote:

I'm also a mom, health professional and old enough to get the senior rate at hotels. It doesn't stop me. Go for it!

Old October 20th 2011, 01:21 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingo05 View Post
I'm also a mom, health professional and old enough to get the senior rate at hotels. It doesn't stop me. Go for it!
Old October 20th 2011, 01:53 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:

If you can manage it I would definitely go for it! I am a 42 year old professional with a 3 year old and 7 year old and finally got to see my first live Foo Fighter show in Pittsburgh in Sept. It was the best experience ever
!!! I am still suffering post show blues and have been trying to figure out how I am going to get to see them again. I am also pretty sure my hubby questions my sanity........At least it's comforting to know there are others out there that feel the same.
What a minute, did you say Sacramento??? Hmmm, my company has a location in Vacaville, not too far south of Sacramento....... did I just hear something about a business trip?????
Old October 20th 2011, 03:02 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawndb View Post
If you can manage it I would definitely go for it! I am a 42 year old professional with a 3 year old and 7 year old and finally got to see my first live Foo Fighter show in Pittsburgh in Sept. It was the best experience ever
!!! I am still suffering post show blues and have been trying to figure out how I am going to get to see them again. I am also pretty sure my hubby questions my sanity........At least it's comforting to know there are others out there that feel the same.
What a minute, did you say Sacramento??? Hmmm, my company has a location in Vacaville, not too far south of Sacramento....... did I just hear something about a business trip?????
Hahaha!
I talked to hubby's about it a little more. I am really stating to think I am going to do it. I will be so bummed if I don't and there is no other US dates until the next album.

I think he is just a bit worried I would be going alone... But I am almost more excited about that possibility!
Old October 20th 2011, 06:02 AM
Fooper!

Quote:
Hahaha!
I talked to hubby's about it a little more. I am really stating to think I am going to do it. I will be so bummed if I don't and there is no other US dates until the next album.

I think he is just a bit worried I would be going alone... But I am almost more excited about that possibility!
Tell him you will get cabs between places, so you won't be walking around on your own.

Now, book it!
O2 Arena,London,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Old October 20th 2011, 06:31 AM
Cause everyone's just too weird

Do It Do It Do It :d
9/14/11-St. Paul, MN, Xcel Energy Center. Front row show #1 and BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE. THREE PICKS (one from Dave, two from Shifty!) Shifty noticed me!
8/22/15-St. Paul, MN, Xcel Energy Center. Front row show #2! Shifty noticed me again!

I <3 Shifty!

NATE IS A WIZARD!

私はデイブグロールの愛

My pictures from the 9/14 show
Old October 20th 2011, 07:49 AM
Have you found your way around

Quote:

People think I'm freaking crazy for going to every show that is somehow within my reach, and beyond (I'm in the US atm, and I saw them 5 times here with one show still to go). Seeing them live is pretty much the single thing that gives me the most happiness, I love the whole experience. So just do what makes you happy, and ignore the people who don't get it.